The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   Crown Princess Mary as Patron of the Royal Danish Academy of Music Children's Choir (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/crown-princess-mary-as-patron-of-the-royal-danish-academy-of-music-childrens-choir-15158.html)

Paty 12-08-2007 11:26 AM

Crown Princess Mary as Patron of the Royal Danish Academy of Music Children's Choir

Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Prince Christian attend the Children's Choir Christmas concert at Esajas Church.

https://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8...peparchuc8.jpg
https://img212.imageshack.us/img212/9...peparchji9.jpg
https://img411.imageshack.us/img411/7...peparchry3.jpg
https://img212.imageshack.us/img212/4...peparchex4.jpg

by POLFOTO

dazzling 12-08-2007 11:36 AM

Mary looks lovely today:clap: Christian, well cant get over how cute he is dressed today:blush: Its also nice to have them take him along with them and nice to see Mary's parents.

Anp pictures
Frederik -- Mary -- Cp family -- Fred, Mary & Christian -- Mary & Christian

acdc1 12-08-2007 11:44 AM

:wub::wub:It amazes me everytime I see him how cute Christian is! They dress him so well for his official events, and he looks quite serious for them, very focused on the work, like a little man. He's one of my favorite little guys!

dee4855 12-08-2007 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paty (Post 702464)

LOL in picture one he is so much like his dad, cowlick and all. He is just a precious little boy!:wub:

GlitteringTiaras 12-08-2007 01:59 PM

Mary as Patron The Children's Choir of the Royal Danish Academy of Music

Today The Crown Prince Couple along with Prince Christian, John Donaldson and Susan Moody attended the The Children's Choir of the Royal Danish Academy of Music at the Royal Danish Conservatorium of Music at Esajas Kirke.

Quote:

The Children's Choir of the Royal Danish Academy of Music was founded in 1978. It is an internationally recognized concert choir, performing alone or with other choirs and orchestras. The choir is also used by the students of music for their rehearsals. It strives for balancing the artistic, educational and social aspects of teaching and singing. The repertoire is broad, ranging from folk songs and hymns to major classical works and new music. The choir records cd's and has toured all over the world.
To learn more about this patronage please click here

dazzling 12-08-2007 02:22 PM

GT, Thanks for the info. Any idea why Frederik decided to attend this event? Dont get me wrong, I though it was great to see him

Her_Majesty 12-08-2007 02:55 PM

I could write the same message again and again when I see Christian:
"Awww! he is so cute!" or "He is dressed in such a cute way!"
I have to say.. I am just in love with this charming little boy. ;)

Btw, I like Mary's new hairdo!

GlitteringTiaras 12-08-2007 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 702520)
GT, Thanks for the info. Any idea why Frederik decided to attend this event? Dont get me wrong, I though it was great to see him

I would assume for two reasons: One, to support his wife, Mary. Two, it is the holiday's so why not make it a family event; Christian seemed to enjoy himself along with the rest of the family.:smile:

On a slightly different note, I'm glad Mary decided to cut her bangs again. Now that her hair is at shoulder length, with her new bangs she resembles Katie Holmes Cruise

marmi 12-08-2007 05:02 PM

Wow - Its great to see the three together. I love Christian's little jacket and Mary looked great too, although it is a lot of black. Love her fringe too!

Regina 12-08-2007 05:15 PM

I like Mary's hairdo too. She looks even more aristocratic, imo.
Thanks for the pics! Christian is such a lovely and engaging little boy! :wub:

I can see Caroline is present. Why is she there and not Mary's new lady in waiting? Does Mary have two ladies in waiting?

marmi 12-08-2007 05:56 PM

Regina, see this thread, you will find your answers from here, page 11.

Aurora810 12-08-2007 06:47 PM

Nice pics! And great to see the three of them together. What more can be said, Christian looked adorable and his parents looked nice to. I liked Mary's dress but her hairstyle I'm a little undecided on.

Currier 12-08-2007 09:59 PM

Loved seeing the family gathering. Couldn't get a good view of Mary's dress but the jeweled belt/cummerbund looked like what previously adorned a white evening dress worn at a Japanese reception several years ago and at the wedding of a friend. Bangs and a new hairstyle are fine but we'll see how well they go with a tiara. Good Luck Mary.

GlitteringTiaras 12-08-2007 10:25 PM

Many more photos from today's important event.

Madame Royale 12-08-2007 10:53 PM

My my Susan Moody has stacked it on a lil (could just be the photograph) andher hair has grown out too.
Great photo's :smile:
Mary looked very nice!

JessRulz 12-09-2007 03:02 AM

Great pictures, Christian is so cute in his little tweed jacket! :smile:

Madame Royale 12-09-2007 03:46 AM

HRH Prince Christian is such a fashionably dressed little man. He looked very 'suave' in his outfit..hehe.

He seems like such a well behaved little fellow. I feel he'll grow up to be a good example of what it is to be modest and kind hearted.

carlota 12-09-2007 06:18 AM

mary looked superb, black does suit her! the detail of teh belt looked gorgeous. did she have a haircut?

i'm not sure about christian. he does look cute and it's great they took him with them, but perhaps that tweed jacket is a bit pretentious...

Royal Darkness 12-09-2007 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota (Post 702751)
did she have a haircut?

I think so. She has (now) a fringe!

Last year she was alone at the concert - or?
Crownprince Frederik seems to be a little bit absent. (Take a look at Soeren Steffen's pictures.)

May I ask the Danish members of the TRF:
Is Lucia a tradition in Danmark, too? I just know it from Sweden!

patty 12-09-2007 08:46 AM

Mary looks great! Love the outfit and the hair do...
Cute, cute Christian...What a lovely and charming boy!

I agreed with you Royal Darkness... Frederik looks absent... in what he was thinking?

Royal Darkness 12-09-2007 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras (Post 702538)
On a slightly different note, I'm glad Mary decided to cut her bangs again.

When was this picture taken?

To Patty: Maybe he was tired? He looks a little bit uninterested - and that is so sad.

About her new hairstyle:
Her new hairstyle reminds me of the hairstyle of her visit to Germany in February 2006.
There she put her hair up and she had a side parting (a strong wave in her face, which looked very stern). You can find a picture (Feb. 2006) here: https://www.polfoto.dk/polfoto/ImageH...Id=1&handle=-1
© POLFOTO

Lilla 12-09-2007 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Darkness (Post 702766)
May I ask the Danish members of the TRF:
Is Lucia a tradition in Danmark, too? I just know it from Sweden!

Luciaoptog, Santa Lucia optog, Luciasangen

According to this link, Denmark adopted the tradition from Sweden in the beginning of the 1950'es.

ayvee 12-09-2007 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras (Post 702684)

Uh, oh. Looks like Mr. Donaldson forgot to zip up his pants...Just an observation from the links of photos.

-Ayvee

Royal Darkness 12-09-2007 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilla (Post 702820)
Luciaoptog, Santa Lucia optog, Luciasangen

According to this link, Denmark adopted the tradition from Sweden in the beginning of the 1950'es.

And is it common to celebrate Lucia or is it just a "tradition" for some churches and choirs?

giov 12-09-2007 03:12 PM

Two nice pics from Hola
Galerías de imágenes
Christian is so cute!
CHRISTIAN DE DINAMARCA, CONCIERTO NAVIDEÑO JUNTO A SUS PADRES Y ABUELOS MATERNOS

biboquinhas 12-09-2007 03:41 PM

It is incredible how a 2 year old baby boy can be stand still in a concert and in the evening!Gohs I have a two year old kid and I know what I'am talking about!
Christian is very well dressed!

Lady Bluffton 12-09-2007 09:01 PM

What a lovely photograph of the family where the choir is serenading them, led by the child depicting Santa Lucia. The glow from the candlelight is wonderful.

I'm digging Mary's new -do, and liked her outfit (the jeweled belt was nicer with the black dress than the other occasions I've seen her wear it). A hit this time! The bangs/fringe make her look younger and less severe.

stellam 12-09-2007 11:36 PM

Good to see Pr Christian accompanying his parents to a few engagements.

Stellad

biboquinhas 12-10-2007 04:21 AM

Christian should have go through a very hard work to stand still so quite in a concert! He is been trained from a early age to be King and he is really up to it!Been so quite in a concert or in his sister Christianning is a really brave conquest.

galatea_12 12-10-2007 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayvee (Post 702825)
Uh, oh. Looks like Mr. Donaldson forgot to zip up his pants...Just an observation from the links of photos.

-Ayvee

:eek: I think you are right.......

Christian is so cute! I love what he's wearing :wub:

Lena 12-14-2008 04:20 PM

This year the whole Crown Princely family had attended the Christmas Concert today. Princess Isabella looks like a doll :wub:
https://ekstrabladet.dk/flash/kongeli...cle1098360.ece

JessRulz 12-14-2008 04:43 PM

OMG, is that really little Isabella? :ohmy: She's grown up so much since we last saw her (when was that, September?), her hair has gotten so long too!

alex001 12-14-2008 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lena (Post 867152)
This year the whole Crown Princely family had attended the Christmas Concert today. Princess Isabella looks like a doll :wub:
Ekstra Bladet - Giv mig en svingtur, mor

So cute!:wub:

Lena 12-14-2008 07:27 PM

Prince Christian´s shirt looks a lot like the ones Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Prince Sverre Magnus had worn at the Christmas photoshooting 2007
https://www.kongehuset.no/aim/kongehu...et:quality=100

missjane 12-14-2008 08:41 PM

lovely to see them all together! the children are really growing up and they all look so happy.

marmi 12-15-2008 02:29 AM

WOW Isabella has made the transition from babyhood! I cant believe how big & old she looks! :smile:

Ccile 12-15-2008 03:48 AM

the little princess isabella is such a cutie!!!!! a real doll!!! it's so great to see her again! she has changed a lot since the last summer!!!

Frederik and Mary have a very beautiful family!!!

Madame Royale 12-15-2008 04:09 AM

My my, the little princess really has grown these past months and what a character Christian is...cheeky cheeky.

They're such a vibrant and happy young family. Always a pleasure to see them together so thank you for the pictures...:smile:

giov 12-15-2008 04:23 AM

Gallery from PPE
PPE Agency

stellam 12-15-2008 05:25 AM

Oh my what two beautiful children. Isabella certainly has her dad's blue eyes. Lovely to see that she is walking.

sm1939 12-15-2008 06:14 AM

they look like they enjoyed themseleves the children are so sweet !

MissSaga 12-15-2008 06:37 AM

Nice gesture to bring the kids to this ! They are a very good looking family, the kids are so sweet :wub:

giov 12-15-2008 09:23 AM

Gallery from Purepeople
PHOTOS : La ravissante princesse Mary de Danemark câline ses adorables enfants... en attendant le troisième ?

Duke of Marmalade 12-15-2008 09:54 AM

Great to see Isabella walking after a long time out of the public eye. She's cute and quite a personality already. Christian definitely gets cuter with age. Both, especially Isabella, are still quite young for such an event. There certainly is some effort behind it to keep them sit still and have them behave well enough in public. As a consequence especially Fred looks quite tense at times, and the smiles are more forced than relaxed. But still kudos to them that they are brave enough to bring the children along even though it's a trying task.

Turkish Delight 12-15-2008 10:56 AM

When I looked at the pics,I couldn't believe this girl is Isabella.She's grown up so much since I last saw her but she is still very cute.

sgl 12-15-2008 01:39 PM

Isabella's hair is getting long. She looks less like a baby, and more like a little girl. They are such a beautiful family.

anabell 12-15-2008 07:22 PM

Crown prince couple https://www.bt.dk/article/20081215/royalt/712150009/

galatea_12 12-16-2008 01:16 AM

The kids are adorable! :wub: I love Isabella's hair :wub:

sofajr 12-16-2008 01:48 AM

gallery from Hola:
Galerías de imágenes

here are some good picures as well:
royals.web-log.nl: Royale activiteiten

Isabella is precious and Christian is trying to be serious :wub:

I am also glad to see Caroline Heering with her dauther, seems that children know eah other well.

stellam 12-16-2008 06:48 AM

I hope that this is a new tradition the the Crown Princely couple have started... i.e to bring their children along to this concert every year.

sgl 12-16-2008 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stellad (Post 867965)
I hope that this is a new tradition the the Crown Princely couple have started... i.e to bring their children along to this concert every year.

It makes sense, especially since it is a children's choir. I'm sure that Christian and Isabella loved seeing the "big kids" performing. Maybe it will inspire an interest in music in the prince and princess.

kimlan 12-16-2008 03:38 PM

Am I correct? Was prince Christian with his parents and his grandparent (Mary's dad and stepmom) last year?

marmi 12-17-2008 12:36 AM

Yes, kimlan, you are ;)

Josefine 12-17-2008 03:07 AM

was the cooncert like the swedish tradition Lucia

giov 12-17-2008 08:48 AM

A few more pics
Bruno Press
Bruno Press
Bruno Press
Bruno Press
Bruno Press

Aurora810 12-18-2008 06:12 PM

Judging by the pics I saw at ppe agency little Isabella looks wild. Christian seemed to sit and behave but not Isabella. Possibly she is too young to sit through such a concert. I really wish Fred and Mary would dress their children in cuter clothes with more vibrant in color.

Avicenna 12-19-2008 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurora810 (Post 869300)
Judging by the pics I saw at ppe agency little Isabella looks wild. Christian seemed to sit and behave but not Isabella. Possibly she is too young to sit through such a concert. I really wish Fred and Mary would dress their children in cuter clothes with more vibrant in color.

Well at least Isabella's cloak is in a vibrant red as seen on the Bunte galary of the concert:

Was ist besser als Musik? - Bilder - BUNTE

sgl 12-19-2008 01:16 PM

That little red coat is very cute! I am not surprised that Isabella had a difficult time sitting still during the concert. She's not even two yet. I can't think of any child her age that could sit still for a long period of time. She's a very normal toddler.

Lumutqueen 04-05-2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giov (Post 867323)
Gallery from PPE
PPE Agency

Hmmm such wonderful photos. Lovely to see the CP Family all together.
x:flowers:

Paty 12-13-2009 12:21 PM

Today, Crown Princess Mary, as patron of The Children's Choir of the Royal Danish Academy of Music attended the traditional christmas concert at Esajas Church.
Prince Frederik and Cristian and Isabella also attended.

https://portal.belgaimage.be/editoria...52013%25202009

Ccile 12-13-2009 12:47 PM

What a sweet family event!!!

Christian and Isabella are more and more wonderful children!

mandyy 12-14-2009 04:17 AM

Pictures from PPE Agency of the christmas concert at Esajas Church.

Lumutqueen 12-14-2009 05:11 AM

I love this event each year, the children look wonderful. Finally a family event. :smile:

dazzling 12-14-2009 05:57 AM

Thanks for the pictures.
Its good to see the kids again, I loved the photo of Bella holding the flowers walking out of the church.
Here is PPE full gallery

Duke of Marmalade 12-14-2009 05:58 AM

13-12-2009 Copenhagen Prince Christian, Princess Isabella at a Christmas Mass at the Esajas Kirke (church) in Copenhagen.
https://ppe-agency.com/500px/Dec2009/PPE09121304.jpg
https://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Dec2009/PPE09121307.jpg

Christian is developing into a handsome young boy, he's getting there. I always thought he was a slow starter, like his dad.

It wasn't Isabella's best night but she's still very young to get through such an event.

It's great to see those two regulary at "normal" events out and about, as the kids they are and not brought to perfection for a rare occasion in public.

avrilo 12-14-2009 08:14 AM

Whose car do you think this is?. I remember they had a VW Touareg, then I saw Mary in a red SUV when she took the children to visit P. Henrik in May, but this is more like a minivan, I can't identify the maker, I thought it was subaru, but I 've checked theri website and I cant recognize it

AAAAAnyway, I loved Isabella carrying mum's flowers and why wasn't her best night?
Christian all formal, shaking hands properly was wonderful too, Mary looked truly happy

Christian e Isabella de Dinamarca 'presiden' un concierto de Navidad igual que papá y mamá

According to this, Peter and Caroline Heering where there too with their two daughters

antonieta 12-14-2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avrilo (Post 1030710)
Christian e Isabella de Dinamarca 'presiden' un concierto de Navidad igual que papá y mamá

According to this, Peter and Caroline Heering where there too with their two daughters

They were indeed. There are pictures of them.
In fact, there are some pictures with Fred with one of Caroline's daugter's on his lap (if i'm not mistaken).

agnessa 12-14-2009 10:25 AM

They are already so big and they behaved both very good :smile:. I think that this kind of event is very good to "training" Christian & Isabella and to get to use them with public attention.

And it was good Caroline had brought her daughter there cause then Christian & Isabella had friend with.

How cold are there in Denmark right now? I saw that Christian had no scarf and it made me thought that in Denmark must be much warmer than in Estonia :-)

dee4855 12-14-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1030670)
13-12-2009 Copenhagen Prince Christian, Princess Isabella at a Christmas Mass at the Esajas Kirke (church) in Copenhagen.

Christian is developing into a handsome young boy, he's getting there. I always thought he was a slow starter, like his dad.

It wasn't Isabella's best night but she's still very young to get through such an event.

It's great to see those two regulary at "normal" events out and about, as the kids they are and not brought to perfection for a rare occasion in public.

What do you mean he is a slow starter. The children behaved very well. I do not understand how you can say she did not have a good night. She sat very still and did not cause any problems from the pictures.

Lumutqueen 12-14-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonieta (Post 1030729)
They were indeed. There are pictures of them.
In fact, there are some pictures with Fred with one of Caroline's daugter's on his lap (if i'm not mistaken).

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto - a believe it is.
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto - a picture of Caroline.

:smile:

Quote:

Originally Posted by avrilo (Post 1030698)
Whose car do you think this is?. I remember they had a VW Touareg, then I saw Mary in a red SUV when she took the children to visit P. Henrik in May, but this is more like a minivan, I can't identify the maker, I thought it was subaru, but I 've checked theri website and I cant recognize it

If Caroline, Peter and the two girls came, they may have needed a bigger car. :flowers:

Quote:

Why wasn't it Isabella's best night? She looked weel behaved, as did Christian.
"Normal" events? and what do you mean by slow starter? :smile:

Temperature in Denmark is between -8 and 2 degrees.

Amelia 12-14-2009 01:38 PM

Thanks everyone for the links to photos. :flowers: I love that they have turned this event into a family Christmas tradition. Hopefully one that will continue for many, many years.

Quote:

I really like this decision that Frederik and Mary have made also. It makes them seem much more approachable and real as a family, which can only help in maintaining support for the Royal Family in the future imo.

Duke of Marmalade 12-14-2009 04:31 PM

Yes the kids were very well behaved but to me Isabella looked a bit lost and quite tired on her mothers lap, sucking on her tumb, not the usual quirky character that she is, interacting with her environment. She's still very young to go through such an event.

I think Christian was a slow starter, like his dad, in terms of being approachable. He now starts to open up a bit, is less reserved. I think Christian in particular has made a huge step, when he was smaller he came across as difficult to handle, throwing tantrums etc, now he has grown and is more relaxed, even sharing his toys with his sister :smile:

UserDane 12-14-2009 06:01 PM

I'm a bit surprised by your perception of Christian. Throwing tantrums? I think I have seen him crying once or twice; he's been seen a lot in public and he's only four! He is one of the best behaved small royal kids I have ever seen in public! He was barely two at Isabella's christening and so incredibly mild and sweet during the whole long ceremony.
I was actually pleased to see the first pictures of him crying (or 'throwing tantrums which I suppose all toddlers do then) - it just showed that he is 'a normal child' so to speak.

You are the first one I have heard who have the perception that he is difficult to handle. I have the exact opposite impression and I do think that he is perceived as a quite sweet tempered and well behaved young child. I think he is, for example, very much easier to handle than his two older cousins Felix and Nikolai (definitely Nikolai) were at the same age, just my impression.

dee4855 12-14-2009 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserDane (Post 1030924)
I'm a bit surprised by your perception of Christian. Throwing tantrums? I think I have seen him crying once or twice; he's been seen a lot in public and he's only four! He is one of the best behaved small royal kids I have ever seen in public! He was barely two at Isabella's christening and so incredibly mild and sweet during the whole long ceremony.
I was actually pleased to see the first pictures of him crying (or 'throwing tantrums which I suppose all toddlers do then) - it just showed that he is 'a normal child' so to speak.

You are the first one I have heard who have the perception that he is difficult to handle. I have the exact opposite impression and I do think that he is perceived as a quite sweet tempered and well behaved young child. I think he is, for example, very much easier to handle than his two older cousins Felix and Nikolai (definitely Nikolai) were at the same age, just my impression.

They are wonderful children. They seem to be so full of life and so sweet. I am like you UserDane he is always so well behaved. We have seen him trying his parents a couple of times and they are there immediately to put a stop to his behavior. They are acting like normal children and I think that is wonderful. We are seeing them grow up and not just in a planned photo shoot where everyone is on their best behavior. They are out and about in the public and seem to have wonderful manners. I think Isabella may have been tired last night. She did not act out, sat quietly in CPM's lap sucking her thumb which is quite normal for her age. If I remember correctly they were both very good last year for the same event. If she had interacted as you said DoM she would have been called down by her parents. She acted exactly as was expected of her. I know personally of many children their age that cannot sit still for 2 minutes much less a whole concert. That takes a lot of work and patience on the part of parents and a nanny to get them to that stage. Mary had packed the little suitcase with toys for them both. Smart Mom!

M&F seem to be great parents. They spend so much time with the children. I admire them both for putting so much time in their family life. We have seen this many, many times since the little Prince was born.

Duke of Marmalade 12-15-2009 04:36 AM

I had perceived Christian as the typical first born boy who would naturally get and get used to loads of attention in the family (similar to Prince William) - I don't think he was too pleased with Isabella being born forcing him to share everything. But as I said, he has grown a lot and become more at ease.

giov 12-15-2009 09:13 AM

Purepeople gallery
Mary et Frederik de Danemark avec leurs adorables Christian et Isabella : tout l'art d'occuper ses bambins Ã* l'église !

Lumutqueen 12-15-2009 12:23 PM

I think Christian is a wonderful boy as is Isabella. I don't think Christian was jealous when Isabella was born, happy to be honest. :smile:

avrilo 12-15-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1031036)
I had perceived Christian as the typical first born boy who would naturally get and get used to loads of attention in the family (similar to Prince William) - I don't think he was too pleased with Isabella being born forcing him to share everything. But as I said, he has grown a lot and become more at ease.

But he is not the first born in the RF, what about Nikolai and Felix?, neither was William, there was Peter Philips, maybe the attention you refer to is because they are the heir of the heir.

I bet that in private the one who steals the show is Isabella, the only girl among a bunch of boys!

Question for a danish
why a girl has a hear piece with four candles in it? Is it like an advent wreath?

UserDane 12-15-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avrilo (Post 1031185)
Question for a danish
why a girl has a hear piece with four candles in it? Is it like an advent wreath?

It is in celebration of Santa Lucia and takes place each year on 13th December. you can read about the custom here - Saint Lucy's Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - where it is called Saint Lucy.
In Denmark, it is celebrated in most schools, for example. I believe it is even more widespread in Sweden.

Lumutqueen 12-15-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avrilo (Post 1031180)
But he is not the first born in the RF, what about Nikolai and Felix?, neither was William, there was Peter Philips, maybe the attention you refer to is because they are the heir of the heir.

I bet that in private the one who steals the show is Isabella, the only girl among a bunch of boys!

Question for a danish

He is the first born to Mary and Frederik, any first born is bound to get a shed load of love and attention, he is the heir to the heir aswell which makes him even more special. :flowers:

agnessa 12-16-2009 07:58 AM

I'm not from Denmark but I found this information:

13th December is Lucia Day (it's same in Estonia too):

According to the Catholic Church Lucia is the saint of light.

She is celebrated on the night between the 12th and the 13th of December, especially in schools, retirement homes, hospitals and other institutions all over Denmark, with small girl processions and traditional singing.

Legend has it that Lucia, in order to keep her hands free, wore a wreath with candles on her head so that she could (illegally) feed the poor Christians on the hide in the catacombs of ancient Rome.

dazzling 12-24-2009 02:00 AM

Here is a video from BB of the event

agami.pearl 12-16-2011 09:36 AM

Mary didn't attended this year event. Last year she was heavily pregnant, now she's on vacations. Pity, it could be nice family outing with children.

dee4855 12-16-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1031036)

You aren't serious are you?

antonieta 12-16-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dee4855 (Post 1347307)
You aren't serious are you?

I think she´s just beeing sarcastic.

iceflower 12-16-2011 03:50 PM

:previous:

As it's been a comment from two years ago, I think we shouldn't start discussing it again and keep the thread on topic instead!

FasterB 12-16-2012 02:43 PM

Childrens Choir Christmas concert at Esajas Church

The whole Crown Prince Family attended - all six of them :)

First pics at belga
https://www.imagebam.com/image/c4da8c226336568
https://www.imagebam.com/image/688f27226336578
https://www.imagebam.com/image/59d7be226336580
https://www.imagebam.com/image/a32a79226336587

HereditaryPrincess 12-16-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FasterB (Post 1494602)
Childrens Choir Christmas concert at Esajas Church

The whole Crown Prince Family attended - all six of them :)

First pics at belga

Search: Childrens Choir Christmas concert at Esajas Church in Denmark, December 16, 2012

The children look so sweet! :smile: Is that Vincent with CP Frederik?

Artemisia 12-16-2012 02:53 PM

The children are just adorable!
They all look extremely happy and relaxed; Prince Vincent is the star, he even (almost) manages to outshine Bella.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess (Post 1494605)
The children look so sweet! :smile: Is that Vincent with CP Frederik?

Yes, in most picture Prince Frederick is holding his younger son.

HereditaryPrincess 12-16-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemisia (Post 1494608)
The children are just adorable!
They all look extremely happy and relaxed; Prince Vincent is the star, he even (almost) manages to outshine Bella.

Yes, in most picture Prince Frederick is holding his younger son.

Ah, thanks for telling me; its just that the twins look so alike! ;)

Roskilde 12-16-2012 03:02 PM

Aww I love that Mary took the whole family to church today. It must have been a tradition.

Truly delightful pictures. The pictures of Vincent with his big brother Christian and big sister Isabella on the stairs is marvelous. Little Josephine appears to be a mommy's girl :) F+M's children always look so happy. Look at Isabella's face in these pictures
https://2.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:4022...ark?m=klknigjd
https://3.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:4022...ark?m=injaegnl

Thanks for the link, FasterB :flowers:

FasterB 12-16-2012 03:15 PM

Little Josephine is a mirror of the then little Princess Isabella, when she was almost 2 years and attending this concert :)

FasterB 12-16-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roskilde (Post 1494645)

This is soooooo cute. Big brother hussing on little brother :wub: :wub: :wub:

This must be a tradition for the Crown Prince Family and the Heerings to attend together :) That´s a lovely tradition :)

suztav 12-16-2012 04:22 PM

Love!!!! One of my CP Family favorite events. So happy to see Vincent and Josephine join the group this year!

olili 12-16-2012 05:06 PM

There are no photos of Princess Marie Chantal and Olympia because they went there on Friday.

polyesco 12-16-2012 06:18 PM

Nice family outing.
Vincent looked ready to run out the door. Very attentive older siblings Christian and Isabella.
Josephine looks like she is wearing Isabella's dress from when she was younger.

Mary and Frederik look like they divide and conquer to try to keep control of their 4 ;)

Roskilde 12-16-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polyesco (Post 1494781)
Nice family outing.
Vincent looked ready to run out the door. Very attentive older siblings Christian and Isabella.
Josephine looks like she is wearing Isabella's dress from when she was younger.

Mary and Frederik look like they divide and conquer to try to keep control of their 4 ;)

Yes this dress, right? :smile:
https://i2-images1.tv2net.dk/s/86/298...d9c8e307e.jpeg

Josephine really is a true copy of big sister Bella.

UserDane 12-16-2012 07:04 PM

Thanks for all the pictures :flowers:
Nice to see the family out in 'full force'.

From his last two appearances, Vincent appears to have taken a leaf out of Bella's book of how to act entertainingly. These two alone must be keeping their parents on their toes :smile:

Tarlita 12-16-2012 07:04 PM

Just love all the photos. Must be great fun for Christian and Isabella to have gorgeous little playmates to look after. This looks to be the first time they received gifts at the choir. The organisers just couldn't help themselves it seems. And Christian has a great laugh with his good friend Emily Heering in the row behind. And Vincent has such long blonde hair. Don't remember Christian having hair that long at the same age.

princess gertrude 12-16-2012 07:12 PM

Love seeing these children all together. They are all very handsome, but just enough of a difference in each of them. Can't wait to see them all grow over the years.