The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f237/)
-   -   King Harald and Queen Sonja: January- December 2006 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f237/king-harald-and-queen-sonja-january-december-2006-a-14996.html)

purple_platinum 03-01-2006 10:17 AM

Authorized biography of King Harald

An authorized biography of Norway's King Harald is due to appear four months before the king's 70th birthday.

Former Aftenposten editor Per Egil Hegge is the author of the work, and he has spent the past two years interviewing King Harald. Hegge has also spoken with all of the adult members of the Norwegian royal family and a wide range of those who know the king through official or personal channels.

https://www.aftenposten.no/english/lo...cle1237708.ece

norwegianne 03-01-2006 11:12 AM

Then I know what to put on my Christmas wish list ;)

Larzen 03-06-2006 05:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
05-03-2006 King Harald of Norway arrived at the Oslo Domkirke to celebrate the 100 annivarsary of the Blue Cross
Picture Press Europe

marian 03-09-2006 04:37 PM

I think that my favorite Kings are Badouin of Belgium and now, King Harald because the king Badouin was a man wonderful and king Harald is a man that I belive is intelligent. I am fan of the royal family of Norway and of England. https://www.palimpalem.com/1/Monarquiasdehoy/

Jo of Palatine 03-10-2006 06:35 AM

The Queen took a stroll
 
I just viewed Aftenpostens English Royal site and found a series of pictures of Queen Sonja walking home after a public engagement in Oslo. The site says the pictures were originally postet on May, 26th, 2005 - as they weren't mentioned in this thread then, here is the link:

https://www.aftenposten.no/english/bi...20.ece?start=7

Just a question. In picture 6 you can see the queen and the mayor of oslo walking together over the lawn with the queen walking on his left hand side. Here in Germany, manners dictate that the woman always walks on the right hand side of the accompanying man.

Is this not seen so strictly in Norway? Just wondering about cultural differences...

norwegianne 03-10-2006 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
I just viewed Aftenpostens English Royal site and found a series of pictures of Queen Sonja walking home after a public engagement in Oslo. The site says the pictures were originally postet on May, 26th, 2005 - as they weren't mentioned in this thread then, here is the link:

https://www.aftenposten.no/english/bi...20.ece?start=7

Just a question. In picture 6 you can see the queen and the mayor of oslo walking together over the lawn with the queen walking on his left hand side. Here in Germany, manners dictate that the woman always walks on the right hand side of the accompanying man.

Is this not seen so strictly in Norway? Just wondering about cultural differences...

The pictures can be found in an older version of this thread: https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-a-5264-9.html I recommend reading through the older news and picture threads as there are some fascinating tidbits in most of them :D

I think that Norway is a lot less formal in these matters than Germany, especially since this was not a formal event at all, but a spur of the moment kind of thing.

Anita 03-10-2006 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marian
king Harald is a man that I belive is intelligent. I am fan of the royal family of Norway and of England. https://www.palimpalem.com/1/Monarquiasdehoy/


Totally agree !:)

Larzen 03-13-2006 01:51 PM

Quote:


His Excellency
Mr Luiz Inácio Lula Da Silva
President of the Federative Republic of Brazil
Brasilia


Your Excellency,
I was deeply saddened by the news of the death of HE Mr Cesar de Faria D. Moreira, Your Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to the Kingdom of Norway.
I wish to extend my condolences to you personally and ask you to convey my deepest sympathy to Ambassador Moreira's family
Harald R



https://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehus...gid=5&aid=5512

purple_platinum 03-21-2006 12:12 PM

On March 20, 2006, King Harald tested his racing boat "Fram XVI" at Palma de Mallorca, Spain

https://img62.imageshack.us/img62/860...14822913xe.jpg

from https://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=179479

ysbel 03-22-2006 04:54 PM

Thanks purple_platinum, it looks cold in Mallorca this time of year. Surprising.

fraxales 03-23-2006 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
Just a question. In picture 6 you can see the queen and the mayor of oslo walking together over the lawn with the queen walking on his left hand side. Here in Germany, manners dictate that the woman always walks on the right hand side of the accompanying man.

Is this not seen so strictly in Norway? Just wondering about cultural differences...

Is this not a cultural thing? I always thought a woman (and other "baggage" :D) was kept on your left so you could salute/shake hands, etc. with your right. Not so? Perhaps it differs from country to country.

Larzen 03-27-2006 05:40 AM

6 Attachment(s)
14.-15.3
The King and Queen visit Green Howards in London

Read about the evening here (scroll down)
https://www.greenhowards.org.uk/html-files/latest.htm
Queen Sonjas gala dress is oooold, I would be suprised is it was less than 15 years:rolleyes: and it does nothing for her figure IMO
Pics from the link above

Juanita 03-27-2006 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larzen
14.-15.3

Queen Sonjas gala dress is oooold, I would be suprised is it was less than 15 years:rolleyes: and it does nothing for her figure IMO

Yeah! The gala dress is really old!! Queen Sonja could choose another! :rolleyes:

Larzen 03-27-2006 10:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
27.3
10.30 The Queen is present for the opening of the conference on National tourist tracks, Lillehammer
www.gd.no (pic from scanpix)

Royal Fan 03-27-2006 11:02 AM

The King looks better than he has in a long time :)

crisiñaki 03-27-2006 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Fan
The King looks better than he has in a long time :)

Yeah, it seems like his health is ok again!:)
Good for him and Norway;)

Juanita 03-27-2006 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Fan
The King looks better than he has in a long time :)

Indeed, he is! ;)

Larzen 03-28-2006 03:52 AM

3 Attachment(s)
27.3
15.00 The Queen is present when the foundationstone of Bjerkebæks new tourist/service-center is put down, Lillehammer
Scanpix via www.gd.no
The New service center lies in connection with Nobel Prize winner in Litterature Sigrid Undseths home, she also got to meet Undsets niese
https://gd.no/artikkel.asp?Artid=171272

Anita 03-28-2006 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ...JuAnItA...
Yeah! The gala dress is really old!! Queen Sonja could choose another! :rolleyes:


...and not very flattering ...:eek: :cool:

Jose 03-28-2006 01:14 PM

Wow elder people see very happy royal couple Queen Sonja and King Harald of Norway visit in London!!!! King Harald and Queen Sonja is much love in London and King Haralds grandmother Queen Maud have visit in London.!!! It is more more now photos on King Harald and Queen Sonja in London 2006!!!Queen Sonja is much more beautiful dress and his older!!!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises