The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 22: November 2007-March 2008 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/prince-of-wales-and-duchess-of-cornwall-current-events-22-november-2007-march-2008-a-14912.html)

hornsen 11-10-2007 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milla Ca (Post 690961)
Camilla glows at Diwali tribute
Camilla wears a Tika Dot and a smile yesterday as she listens to Charles descibe her as his ´Darling wife.´

Camilla & Charles | Hindu temple visit | Diwali ceremony | The Sun |HomePage|News|Royals

"Oops, he did it again...":wub: I like it but, where can I read his speech?

milla Ca 11-10-2007 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hornsen (Post 691072)
"Oops, he did it again...":wub: I like it but, where can I read his speech?

Here it is::flowers:

A speech by HRH The Prince of Wales to celebrate the Hindu festival of Diwali at the BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, Neasden, Lomdon
9th November

´Swamiji, Ladies and Gentlemen, it gives me, and my darling wife, enormous pleasure to be able to join all of you on such a happy occasion.´

The Prince of Wales - Speeches and Articles

daisygoogles 11-11-2007 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GillW (Post 690688)
OR - it may be a velvet coat covering a dress - the RFO would be on the dress rather than the coat. Don't lose hope - sometimes the pictures take a day or two to surface...

Does camilla HAVE to wear the Royal family order now that the Queen gave it to her?
maybe she choose not to wear it since she just wore it to the saudi State banquet? or is there a protocal of when she has to wear it or she can choose to wear it?

milla Ca 11-11-2007 08:58 AM

Thursday 22nd November - Thursday 29th November

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will visit Uganda and Turkey.

The Prince of Wales - Thursday 22nd November - Thursday 29th November 2007

BeatrixFan 11-11-2007 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisygoogles (Post 691471)
Does camilla HAVE to wear the Royal family order now that the Queen gave it to her?
maybe she choose not to wear it since she just wore it to the saudi State banquet? or is there a protocal of when she has to wear it or she can choose to wear it?

When it's asked for in the dress code, she'll wear it.

rominet09 11-11-2007 08:00 PM

At least in Uganda and Turkey they will ge sunshine and warmth !

BeatrixFan 11-11-2007 08:01 PM

Not an opportunity for tiaras though sadly.

HMQueenElizabethII 11-11-2007 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatrixFan (Post 691777)
Not an opportunity for tiaras though sadly.

There might be a Banquet for CHOGM like back in 2005. The Queen wore Granny Tiara with the white dress she wore on the State Visit to France in April 2004. I think there might be one this time, and as Charles and Camilla will also be there during the Meeting days, so i think she might opt for a Tiara with a dress as well.

Skydragon 11-13-2007 05:41 AM

This week, Jesus House, a church and Christian charity at Brent Cross will play host to the Prince of Wales on his 59th birthday.

Prince Charles to celebrate influence of black church in Britain

I think they mean our very own Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.

Jo of Palatine 11-13-2007 07:06 AM

From the article :

"A special thanksgiving service will be held to honour and celebrate Prince Charles, who will be accompanied on the visit by the Duchess of York."

I hope you're right, Skydragon - why would Charles spent his brithday with Sarah Ferguson? It boggles the mind, really.... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

susan alicia 11-13-2007 08:24 AM

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Royals to attend King Tut opening

milla Ca 11-13-2007 02:38 PM

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall at the ceremonial opening of the Tutankhamun exhibition, London
13th November

POLFOTO - altid med i billedet

Skydragon 11-13-2007 02:47 PM

Thank you ladies for the article and pictures. :flowers:

What I love about Charles and Camilla is their complete and utter interest in these events, their delight at seeing these exhibits is so visible! :flowers:

love_cc 11-14-2007 08:06 AM

The Prince and the Duchess welcome the Boy King

The Prince and the Duchess welcome the Boy King | the Daily Mail

It's Tut's out for the lads
Tutankhamun | 3,000-year-old treasures | Unveiled in Britain | The Sun |HomePage|News

fanletizia 11-14-2007 08:26 AM

Prince Charles makes a speech on stage during a visit with his wife Camilla the Duchess of Cornwall, right, to Jesus House Church in north London, Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2007. The visit of Charles and Camilla on Wednesday, which was also the Prince's 59th birthday, was to celebrate the contribution of Black Majority Churches in the UK.

British Royal Family on Yahoo! News Photos

milla Ca 11-14-2007 09:59 AM

(Thank you for posting the pic, fanletizia :flowers: , and also for the articles love_cc:flowers:)

Charles and Camilla visits Jesus House Church
14th November
here are two more photos of today´s BIRTHDAY-BOY:wub::

and one of Camilla who applauds her husband as he makes a speech:smile: (together with members of the choir) :

Skydragon 11-15-2007 07:07 AM

The Prince of Wales celebrated his 59th birthday today by meeting black Christian leaders at a special thanksgiving service held in his honour.

The Prince of Wales - TRH celebrate the work of Black Majority churches on His Royal Highness's 59th birthday

A speech by HRH The Prince of Wales during a visit to Jesus House Church to celebrate the work of Black Majority Churches, Brent Cross, London

The Prince of Wales - A speech by HRH The Prince of Wales during a visit to Jesus House Church to celebrate the work of Black Majority Churches, Brent Cross, London

daisygoogles 11-15-2007 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatrixFan (Post 691537)
When it's asked for in the dress code, she'll wear it.

Thanks... So there is an official protocal about when a woman will wear the british family order.???
I'm just curious because sometimes we see the royal ladies wear it and sometimes they don't?

Skydragon 11-15-2007 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisygoogles (Post 693382)
Thanks... So there is an official protocal about when a woman will wear the british family order.???
I'm just curious because sometimes we see the royal ladies wear it and sometimes they don't?

It is only worn at formal evening occasions when other orders and decorations are worn as far as I know. :flowers:

hornsen 11-15-2007 10:29 AM

more nice pics:

Prince Charles and Camilla visit Jesus House Church in Brent Cross
Fotobanka isifa image service