The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 22: November 2007-March 2008 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/prince-of-wales-and-duchess-of-cornwall-current-events-22-november-2007-march-2008-a-14912.html)

Warren 11-02-2007 05:04 AM

Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 22: November 2007-March 2008

Welcome to the Charles and Camilla current events thread, part 19

commencing November 2007

Part 18, covering the period June-November 2007, can be found here



Skydragon 11-02-2007 08:04 AM

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall visited London's Chinatown today.
Their Royal Highnesses were greeted by a traditional Chinese lion dance as they stood beneath the dozens of red and gold lanterns hanging over Gerrard Street in Soho

The Prince of Wales - TRH visit London's Chinatown

milla Ca 11-02-2007 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon (Post 687974)
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall visited London's Chinatown today.
Their Royal Highnesses were greeted by a traditional Chinese lion dance as they stood beneath the dozens of red and gold lanterns hanging over Gerrard Street in Soho

I like so much to read in the article that Camilla talked about her delight at the birth of her first grandchild Lola!:wub:

love_cc 11-02-2007 11:40 PM

Quote:

I just wonder whether it is an entirely new experience for Charles and Camilla to enjoy their lives together: wandering on the streets in London together.After all I don't believe Prince Charles has ever had any experience about wandering on the streets in London with his girlfriend and done some shopping together and lifted the shopping bags for his girlfriend. How sweet!:lol::wub:

milla Ca 11-04-2007 09:37 AM

Some nice pics from Thursday (1.11.):

Charles and Camilla try their hands at Tain Chi during a visit in London´s Chinatown

...not easy;)
Fotobanka isifa image service

Well done Camilla...:lol:

´Come Darling, join me...´:rofl:

A relaxed Prince...:biggrin:

scooter 11-04-2007 08:58 PM

There is a very cute picture in this week's Time magazine of Charles laughing very hard with 2 'show girl' types during the meet and greet after a fundraiser. They look a bit like what you would see in Rio at Carnival. Sorry, I'm a techno idiot or would have posted it. It is in the center-fold/middle section. They all seem to be having a great time.

milla Ca 11-05-2007 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooter (Post 688800)
There is a very cute picture in this week's Time magazine of Charles laughing very hard with 2 'show girl' types during the meet and greet after a fundraiser. They look a bit like what you would see in Rio at Carnival. Sorry, I'm a techno idiot or would have posted it. It is in the center-fold/middle section. They all seem to be having a great time.

You´re right scooter, these pics are great.:flowers: They are from a WWF gala, and iceflower posted them first at october 26 (post 51) in the Prine Charles current events thread. Here is my favourite again:

Warren 11-05-2007 03:24 AM

This is the pic you are referring to, in the POW current events thread and originally posted by iceflower.

scooter 11-05-2007 08:14 AM

Thats the one. Note how he is color co-ordinated with them. They think of everything! hehehe

hornsen 11-09-2007 08:08 AM

Does anybody know about this?
[img=https://img257.imageshack.us/img257/9862/saud2qj5.th.jpg]
HRH Prince Charles and HRH Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall arriving for a banquet hosted by HM the Queen for the King of Saudi Arabia at Buckingham Palace, London, UK, 30/10/2007.

Could it be an older photo? This is her family tiara. And where is her RFO?

Nico 11-09-2007 08:25 AM

I f i remember well, it was during a diplomatic reception in 2005.

HMQueenElizabethII 11-09-2007 12:04 PM

I think that the car door just covered the Family Order when the press took the photo. I think it is the Diplomatic Reception for this year, as i have access to HQs from Alpha,and they said that the picture taken yesterday when The Queen gave a Diplomatic Reception. But such a pity that no pictures taken inside the Palace as like last year to see what did HM wear.

GillW 11-09-2007 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII (Post 690683)
I think that the car door just covered the Family Order when the press took the photo. I think it is the Diplomatic Reception for this year, as i have access to HQs from Alpha,and they said that the picture taken yesterday when The Queen gave a Diplomatic Reception. But such a pity that no pictures taken inside the Palace as like last year to see what did HM wear.

OR - it may be a velvet coat covering a dress - the RFO would be on the dress rather than the coat. Don't lose hope - sometimes the pictures take a day or two to surface...

Skydragon 11-09-2007 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hornsen (Post 690609)
Does anybody know about this?
[img=https://img257.imageshack.us/img257/9862/saud2qj5.th.jpg]
HRH Prince Charles and HRH Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall arriving for a banquet hosted by HM the Queen for the King of Saudi Arabia at Buckingham Palace, London, UK, 30/10/2007.

Could it be an older photo? This is her family tiara. And where is her RFO?

I don't believe it is from this year's banquet for the Saudi King as she is definitely wearing the wrong tiara and dress/jacket! The photo's in that thread clearly show the RFO and the Honeycomb tiara.

The Duke of York was at the Guildhall banquet, not Charles or Camilla.

Saudi Arabia State Visit*Foreign & Commonwealth Office

Stefan 11-09-2007 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon (Post 690759)
I don't believe it is from this year's banquet for the Saudi King as she is definitely wearing the wrong tiara and dress/jacket! The photo's in that thread clearly show the RFO and the Honeycomb tiara.

The photo is from the reception for the Diplomatic Corps on 08. November. In 2005 she wore black/white.

Skydragon 11-09-2007 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 690760)
The photo is from the reception for the Diplomatic Corps on 08. November. In 2005 she wore black/white.

Thank you! :flowers:

iceflower 11-09-2007 03:54 PM

Pics 9.11.2007

Camilla and Charles during a visit to the Shri Swaminarayan temple
in Neasden, London. Friday Nov. 9, 2007. Camilla and Prince Charles
joined in the celebrations for the Diwali, the Festival of Light which
welcomes in the Hindi New Year.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4

Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8

milla Ca 11-10-2007 07:29 AM

Thank you iceflower,:flowers:great pics!

another nice pic from yesterday:
British Royal Family on Yahoo! News Photos

Royal visit for Indian restaurant
Prince Charles and Camilla have visited an Indian restaurant which is backing a new food information campaign.

BBC NEWS | UK | England | London | Royal visit for Indian restaurant

Camilla glows at Diwali tribute
Camilla wears a Tika Dot and a smile yesterday as she listens to Charles descibe her as his ´Darling wife.´

Camilla & Charles | Hindu temple visit | Diwali ceremony | The Sun |HomePage|News|Royals

CasiraghiTrio 11-10-2007 08:44 AM

I like this picture a lot, from the Hindu temple visit, but what are they doing? I'm curious. BTW, happy birthday to milla Ca (one day late, I think?) :flowers:

milla Ca 11-10-2007 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio (Post 690994)
I like this picture a lot, from the Hindu temple visit, but what are they doing? I'm curious. BTW, happy birthday to milla Ca (one day late, I think?) :flowers:

Many thanks, CasiraghiTrio!:rose:
Here are some more information about the Diwali Festival:
Festival resonates spiritually for Hindus on many levels - Nashville, Tennessee - Saturday, 11/10/07 - Tennessean.com
____
... and iceflower here is my daily thank you:smile: for the pics , you are great!

hornsen 11-10-2007 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milla Ca (Post 690961)
Camilla glows at Diwali tribute
Camilla wears a Tika Dot and a smile yesterday as she listens to Charles descibe her as his ´Darling wife.´

Camilla & Charles | Hindu temple visit | Diwali ceremony | The Sun |HomePage|News|Royals

"Oops, he did it again...":wub: I like it but, where can I read his speech?

milla Ca 11-10-2007 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hornsen (Post 691072)
"Oops, he did it again...":wub: I like it but, where can I read his speech?

Here it is::flowers:

A speech by HRH The Prince of Wales to celebrate the Hindu festival of Diwali at the BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, Neasden, Lomdon
9th November

´Swamiji, Ladies and Gentlemen, it gives me, and my darling wife, enormous pleasure to be able to join all of you on such a happy occasion.´

The Prince of Wales - Speeches and Articles

daisygoogles 11-11-2007 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GillW (Post 690688)
OR - it may be a velvet coat covering a dress - the RFO would be on the dress rather than the coat. Don't lose hope - sometimes the pictures take a day or two to surface...

Does camilla HAVE to wear the Royal family order now that the Queen gave it to her?
maybe she choose not to wear it since she just wore it to the saudi State banquet? or is there a protocal of when she has to wear it or she can choose to wear it?

milla Ca 11-11-2007 08:58 AM

Thursday 22nd November - Thursday 29th November

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will visit Uganda and Turkey.

The Prince of Wales - Thursday 22nd November - Thursday 29th November 2007

BeatrixFan 11-11-2007 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisygoogles (Post 691471)
Does camilla HAVE to wear the Royal family order now that the Queen gave it to her?
maybe she choose not to wear it since she just wore it to the saudi State banquet? or is there a protocal of when she has to wear it or she can choose to wear it?

When it's asked for in the dress code, she'll wear it.

rominet09 11-11-2007 08:00 PM

At least in Uganda and Turkey they will ge sunshine and warmth !

BeatrixFan 11-11-2007 08:01 PM

Not an opportunity for tiaras though sadly.

HMQueenElizabethII 11-11-2007 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatrixFan (Post 691777)
Not an opportunity for tiaras though sadly.

There might be a Banquet for CHOGM like back in 2005. The Queen wore Granny Tiara with the white dress she wore on the State Visit to France in April 2004. I think there might be one this time, and as Charles and Camilla will also be there during the Meeting days, so i think she might opt for a Tiara with a dress as well.

Skydragon 11-13-2007 05:41 AM

This week, Jesus House, a church and Christian charity at Brent Cross will play host to the Prince of Wales on his 59th birthday.

Prince Charles to celebrate influence of black church in Britain

I think they mean our very own Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.

Jo of Palatine 11-13-2007 07:06 AM

From the article :

"A special thanksgiving service will be held to honour and celebrate Prince Charles, who will be accompanied on the visit by the Duchess of York."

I hope you're right, Skydragon - why would Charles spent his brithday with Sarah Ferguson? It boggles the mind, really.... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

susan alicia 11-13-2007 08:24 AM

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Royals to attend King Tut opening

milla Ca 11-13-2007 02:38 PM

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall at the ceremonial opening of the Tutankhamun exhibition, London
13th November

POLFOTO - altid med i billedet

Skydragon 11-13-2007 02:47 PM

Thank you ladies for the article and pictures. :flowers:

What I love about Charles and Camilla is their complete and utter interest in these events, their delight at seeing these exhibits is so visible! :flowers:

love_cc 11-14-2007 08:06 AM

The Prince and the Duchess welcome the Boy King

The Prince and the Duchess welcome the Boy King | the Daily Mail

It's Tut's out for the lads
Tutankhamun | 3,000-year-old treasures | Unveiled in Britain | The Sun |HomePage|News

fanletizia 11-14-2007 08:26 AM

Prince Charles makes a speech on stage during a visit with his wife Camilla the Duchess of Cornwall, right, to Jesus House Church in north London, Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2007. The visit of Charles and Camilla on Wednesday, which was also the Prince's 59th birthday, was to celebrate the contribution of Black Majority Churches in the UK.

British Royal Family on Yahoo! News Photos

milla Ca 11-14-2007 09:59 AM

(Thank you for posting the pic, fanletizia :flowers: , and also for the articles love_cc:flowers:)

Charles and Camilla visits Jesus House Church
14th November
here are two more photos of today´s BIRTHDAY-BOY:wub::

and one of Camilla who applauds her husband as he makes a speech:smile: (together with members of the choir) :

Skydragon 11-15-2007 07:07 AM

The Prince of Wales celebrated his 59th birthday today by meeting black Christian leaders at a special thanksgiving service held in his honour.

The Prince of Wales - TRH celebrate the work of Black Majority churches on His Royal Highness's 59th birthday

A speech by HRH The Prince of Wales during a visit to Jesus House Church to celebrate the work of Black Majority Churches, Brent Cross, London

The Prince of Wales - A speech by HRH The Prince of Wales during a visit to Jesus House Church to celebrate the work of Black Majority Churches, Brent Cross, London

daisygoogles 11-15-2007 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatrixFan (Post 691537)
When it's asked for in the dress code, she'll wear it.

Thanks... So there is an official protocal about when a woman will wear the british family order.???
I'm just curious because sometimes we see the royal ladies wear it and sometimes they don't?

Skydragon 11-15-2007 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisygoogles (Post 693382)
Thanks... So there is an official protocal about when a woman will wear the british family order.???
I'm just curious because sometimes we see the royal ladies wear it and sometimes they don't?

It is only worn at formal evening occasions when other orders and decorations are worn as far as I know. :flowers:

hornsen 11-15-2007 10:29 AM

more nice pics:

Prince Charles and Camilla visit Jesus House Church in Brent Cross

milla Ca 11-16-2007 07:58 AM

TRH host a dinner for the British Asien community at Windsor Castle
15th November

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall hosted nearly 200 guests to celebrate the ´splendidly unstoppable´achievements made by the British Asien community in recent years.

The Prince of Wales - TRH host a dinner for the British Asian community at Windsor Castle

milla Ca 11-16-2007 11:52 AM

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall host a dinner for the British Asien community at Windsor Castle
15th November

The Royal Couple ( or red and lilac...:cool:)

Camilla ( looks great again:wub:) (without Botox!!!)

Charles

Skydragon 11-16-2007 12:13 PM

Thank You for the pictures and article's! :flowers: I thought they both looked splendid!

CasiraghiTrio 11-16-2007 04:47 PM

ABACA Press Gallery 14 November 2007 Visit of TRH to Jesus House, Brent Cross, London
Check out #8: I think Camilla had a fight with one of the kids over the taco! :lol: But I have a question: Was it real food? Because it looks like toy plastic food (for the kids to play with) in some pics. :biggrin:

The Prince of Wales - TRH open the Tutankhamun and The Golden Age of the Pharoahs exhibition at the O2 Centre

ABACA Press Gallery 13 November 2007

hornsen 11-16-2007 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio (Post 693961)
ABACA Press Gallery 14 November 2007 Visit of TRH to Jesus House, Brent Cross, London
Check out #8: I think Camilla had a fight with one of the kids over the taco! :lol: But I have a question: Was it real food? Because it looks like toy plastic food (for the kids to play with) in some pics. :biggrin:

:lol::lol: Definitly good stuff for "Caption this". But Camilla won the battle. On another pic she is "eating" the taco...:lol:

CasiraghiTrio 11-16-2007 09:34 PM

The Duchess says to the kids, "Give up the taco or else" :tongue:

Jesus House visit
https://img57.imageshack.us/img57/273...s009001ul8.jpg
Source: AP/Matt Dunham

Tutankhamun and The Golden Age of the Pharoahs
https://img57.imageshack.us/img57/170...s010001cd1.jpg
Source: Reuters/Adrian Dennis

Ancient Egypt's fantastic and weird history - Telegraph

CasiraghiTrio 11-17-2007 06:09 AM

1 November 2007
Quote:

12 Getty Pictures

rominet09 11-17-2007 08:34 PM

That black and purple long dress is very beautiful, she knows how to dress.

xtan 11-17-2007 11:21 PM

welll... she got lots and lots of help and money... of course she "knows" how to dress

Warren 11-18-2007 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtan (Post 694360)
welll... she got lots and lots of help and money...

Stating the obvious really, and hardly a revelation. I doubt there's anyone pictured in these Forums who doesn't have "money" to one degree or another.

cde 11-20-2007 06:27 PM

Royal tape case and a new turn | the Daily Mail was nice of Camilla to have Charles give the OBE to Philip Treacy instead of some anonymous official.

milla Ca 11-21-2007 02:43 AM

Prince honours king of hats
November 20

Irishman Philip Tracy (40) received an honorary OBE at a special ceremony hosted by the Prince of Wales and his wife, Camilla, at their Clarence House home.

Prince honours king of the hats - Fashion & Beauty, Lifestyle - Independent.ie

Skydragon 11-21-2007 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cde (Post 695622)
Royal tape case and a new turn | the Daily Mail was nice of Camilla to have Charles give the OBE to Philip Treacy instead of some anonymous official.

The link does not seem to be working. :flowers:
Quote:

Originally Posted by milla Ca (Post 695718)
Prince honours king of hats
November 20

Irishman Philip Tracy (40) received an honorary OBE at a special ceremony hosted by the Prince of Wales and his wife, Camilla, at their Clarence House home.

Thank you for posting the article milla Ca, a well deserved honour I think. :flowers:

cde 11-21-2007 11:27 PM

Royal tape case and a new turn | the Daily Mail (see the second story down for Philip Treacy's OBE at Clarence House)

Hopefully this link will work better...

Skydragon 11-22-2007 05:21 AM

Thank you CDE. :flowers:

Prince Charles To Watch Sema Performance In Konya

KONYA - British Crown Prince Charles will arrive in central Anatolian city of Konya at the end of November to watch a sema (dance of whirling dervishes) performance

Duchess 11-22-2007 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtan (Post 694360)
welll... she got lots and lots of help and money... of course she "knows" how to dress

it's funny isn't it...if you're young and beautiful you know how to dress like it was some god given gift...if you're older and not as beautiful you couldn't possibly do it on your own.

susan alicia 11-22-2007 08:28 AM

even the young and beautifull need some professional help, Diana received advice from the English Vogue team and started to be a style icon, first she was just a Sloaner :flowers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duchess (Post 696262)
it's funny isn't it...if you're young and beautiful you know how to dress like it was some god given gift...if you're older and not as beautiful you couldn't possibly do it on your own.

BellaFay 11-22-2007 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon (Post 696165)
Thank you CDE. :flowers:

Prince Charles To Watch Sema Performance In Konya

KONYA - British Crown Prince Charles will arrive in central Anatolian city of Konya at the end of November to watch a sema (dance of whirling dervishes) performance

Why isn't Camilla mentioned in this report? She is meant to be accompanying Prince Charles to Turkey isn't she?:ermm:

Skydragon 11-23-2007 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BellaFay (Post 696394)
Why isn't Camilla mentioned in this report? She is meant to be accompanying Prince Charles to Turkey isn't she?:ermm:

Yes she is, but some cultures do not count the partner as important enough to mention. I don't know if this is the case here but even Phillip barely gets a mention on some trips. :flowers:

georgiea 11-25-2007 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duchess (Post 696262)

I don't think every person who is beautiful when they are young knows how to dress. I think even Princess Diana thought her wedding dress year later was to much.

I think at any age when you think about something and look into it you can come up with a good solution. So to me young and beautiful does not mean you dress well always. And older and not beautiful does not mean you don't know what looks good on you to enhance your best qualities.:flowers:

hornsen 11-25-2007 06:03 PM

Kaballah Camilla: Duchess sports a new bracelet - just like Madonna's | the Daily Mail

What a rubbish...:rolleyes:

BeatrixFan 11-25-2007 06:21 PM

A little find; Camilla has the Saskatchewan Centennial Medal. I didn't know that until today.

love_cc 11-25-2007 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al_bina (Post 697497)
It was just an observation enhanced by some explanations. Duchess of Cornwall does have "a simple red and woven bracelet on the wrist", which is very similar to Madonna's. It does not necessarily mean that she is going to follow the Kaballah. :smile:

The Duchess of Cornwall,please.:smile:

Al_bina 11-25-2007 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cde (Post 696100)
Royal tape case and a new turn | the Daily Mail (see the second story down for Philip Treacy's OBE at Clarence House)

Hopefully this link will work better...

Interesting... the article without any acid comments in regard to Philip Treacy and his star client Duchess of Cornwall has been written by Richard Kay.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon (Post 696569)
Yes she is, but some cultures do not count the partner as important enough to mention. I don't know if this is the case here but even Phillip barely gets a mention on some trips. :flowers:

You are so right ...:flowers:
Quote:

Originally Posted by hornsen (Post 697477)

It was just an observation enhanced by some explanations. Duchess of Cornwall does have "a simple red and woven bracelet on the wrist", which is very similar to Madonna's. :smile:

BeatrixFan 11-25-2007 07:37 PM

The red bracelet was a gift from the Hindu temple they visited and Camilla's decided to keep it on. I think thats quite sweet.

Al_bina 11-25-2007 08:39 PM

Thanks for resolving "a simple red and woven bracelet" controversy.:flowers::flowers::flowers:

milla Ca 12-09-2007 05:14 AM

Here you can see Charles and Camilla´s Christmas card for this year:

Do they know it´s Christmas? Charles and Camilla send their greetings with a distinctly unseasonal photo

Do they know it's Christmas? Charles and Camilla send their greetings with a distinctly unseasonal photo | the Daily Mail

... and you can read the article of the D.... Mail, or you can save to do it....:rolleyes:

Skydragon 12-09-2007 07:07 AM

Another lovely card from Charles and Camilla. :wub:

I don't think anyone at the Dirty Mail needs to worry about receiving one. :biggrin:

CasiraghiTrio 12-09-2007 10:33 AM

Well, with all do respect, I like The Prince and The Duchess very much, but the Christmas card is a disappointment compared to other years. In the past, their cards really strike me in an emotional way, but this one is just like any other picture. No amount of sycophancy can make me say the card is "great as the others".

milla Ca 12-09-2007 11:17 AM

It´s not my wish to convince you CasiraghiTrio, and all the more not in a sycophantically way...:flowers:
....but maybe they don´t want a pic from a big event and they chose a pic that shows their daily happiness together, maybe more special than every posed photo could be.(Only my opinion.:smile:)

Skydragon 12-09-2007 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio (Post 702814)
Well, with all do respect, I like The Prince and The Duchess very much, but the Christmas card is a disappointment compared to other years. In the past, their cards really strike me in an emotional way, but this one is just like any other picture. No amount of sycophancy can make me say the card is "great as the others".

None of the cards they send are 'christmasy', thank goodness. None of the cards could be called 'emotional', apart from their wedding.

BeatrixFan 12-09-2007 12:02 PM

I think we have to bear in mind the fact that a large proportion of anyone's list contains those of a secular or athiest persuasion, not to mention the need for 'Happy Holidays'. The card is safe and can be used for all recipients of whatever faith, just to wish a happy new year or the added Crimbo greeting. It seems a sensible choice though I'm not a fan of the photograph and would have much preferred a posed portrait.

Nico 12-09-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Do they know it´s Christmas? Charles and Camilla send their greetings with a distinctly unseasonal photo
Some people are reduce to critisize even the Christmas card! I can't believe how ridiculous they are...What to expect from a ROYAL greeting card? Charles dressed in Santa Claus?
Anyway they look lovely together, obviously very in love and that's enough for me.

Avalon 12-11-2007 03:50 AM

Just a notice: we thought that naming and chirstening of such a magnificent Lady, as Queen Victoria liner undoubtely is, deserves its own thread.
So posts about the event should be made in the The Duchess of Cornwall named Cunard liner Queen Victoria thread. :smile:

Avalon 12-11-2007 07:35 AM

And speaking of the Christmas Card, accodring to this article, the picture was taking in June, during the visit to a community centre in Ystradgynlais, near Swansea, Wales. The couple are listening to a Welsh male voice choire.
The visit was made to the village to see the work of Communities First projects in the area.
The initiative is the Welsh Assembly’s flagship programme to tackle deprivation. It provides people with opportunities to play a role in shaping the future of their local area.

I was wondering whether there were other reasons, apart from their clear relaxed and happy looks, for choosing this picture.
It is so much Welsh-connected, that maybe they wanted to emphasize their position as Prince and Princess of Wales.
And the picture is from an event, that Prince Charles is very involved with.

All in all, it was a great picture, although I do think they could have found something even more wonderful, and not necessarily poised.

milla Ca 12-12-2007 04:52 AM

Charles and Camilla join Chanuka celebrations

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are to celebrate Chanuka, the Jewish festival of lights, in Hendon, north -west London.

Charles and Camilla join Chanuka celebrations - Rye and Battle Today - Back to Home Page

milla Ca 12-12-2007 02:43 PM

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall celebrate Chanukah
Hendon, London, December 12

(my favourite:wub:, and look at the cap:biggrin:)

(my second favourite:wub:)

Skydragon 12-12-2007 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milla Ca (Post 704188)

Thank you so much for posting the pictures! :flowers: This is my favourite, just look at the concentration on their faces! :wub:

georgiea 12-12-2007 04:24 PM

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall look at ease with the Jewish community of London. I wonder why there was that email mishap just a week or so ago. If your employer is tolerant of different faiths why would you go against his wishes? Does anybody know what happen to the employee?:flowers:

AuroraB 12-12-2007 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon (Post 704215)
Thank you so much for posting the pictures! :flowers: This is my favourite, just look at the concentration on their faces! :wub:

Caption: "Now remember not too much glue, easy, easy." or "I gotta get this just perfect, especially with all these children watching me!" :biggrin:

msleiman 12-12-2007 07:28 PM

I really like to see them together doing their events. Great pictures. The one with the cap with the POW feathers is great. I guess they did not want him to forget who he is (haha).

dee4855 12-12-2007 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgiea (Post 704244)
Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall look at ease with the Jewish community of London. I wonder why there was that email mishap just a week or so ago. If your employer is tolerant of different faiths why would you go against his wishes? Does anybody know what happen to the employee?:flowers:

I would bet they are looking at the Daily Mail under Jobs. I am sure the POW was furious as he has every right to be.

milla Ca 12-14-2007 03:26 AM

Beckett receives royal call

Ralph Beckett is to train the first racehorse owned jointly by Prince Charles and his wife, Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall.

Beckett receives royal call | the Daily Mail

Jo of Palatine 12-14-2007 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgiea (Post 704244)

I think it's a great difference to be tolerant or friendly with the Jewish community or with people of Jewish faith and to deal with Israel in a political way. Even many Israelis and Jews around the world feel that they should not support Israel because of political intolerance. So I wouldn't wonder if the PoW feels that way as well.

Jo of Palatine 12-14-2007 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milla Ca (Post 704763)
Beckett receives royal call

Ralph Beckett is to train the first racehorse owned jointly by Prince Charles and his wife, Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall.

Beckett receives royal call | the Daily Mail

The place where the horse will be trained is just an hour's drive from camilla's private home, so I guess it will be her who looks occasionally after the horse.

Skydragon 12-14-2007 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine (Post 704774)
The place where the horse will be trained is just an hour's drive from Camilla's private home, so I guess it will be her who looks occasionally after the horse.

I doubt Camilla will be allowed to be 'hands on'. The Trainer and the grooms appointed to RS wouldn't like that at all, although I expect she will be a frequent visitor to watch RS on the gallops and to talk to her. :flowers:

georgiea 12-14-2007 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine (Post 704768)
I think it's a great difference to be tolerant or friendly with the Jewish community or with people of Jewish faith and to deal with Israel in a political way. Even many Israelis and Jews around the world feel that they should not support Israel because of political intolerance. So I wouldn't wonder if the PoW feels that way as well.

The pictures of Prince Charles and the Duchess to me did not look like he just toleranted the British Jewish community. It look like they were really enjoying themselves. But, Prince Charles did say once he would go to Israel only when the time was right. So, Jo of Palatine you might be right about him just being tolerant.

Jo of Palatine 12-14-2007 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon (Post 704781)
I doubt Camilla will be allowed to be 'hands on'. The Trainer and the grooms appointed to RS wouldn't like that at all, although I expect she will be a frequent visitor to watch RS on the gallops and to talk to her. :flowers:

Sorry, I'm not a "horsey" woman, of course I didn't want to imply she would muck out the stables or groom the horse herself, even if it sounded that way. :rofl: No, I meant that it must have been very touching for Camilla to receive Supereve as a wedding gift from the queen and to have been able to decide together with her husband on how breed a filly from her - so I believe she wants to have a regular look at "their baby" and support the professional trainer and his grooms on visting while in doing so forming a relationship with her race horse beauty. The duchess appears to be a person who not only "owns" animals but really cares about them and I believe she feels the same way about a race horse even though through its "profession" it is not so close to her than her other horses are.

CasiraghiTrio 12-15-2007 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milla Ca (Post 704188)
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall celebrate Chanukah
Hendon, London, December 12

Milla Ca/Gisela sweetly posted the Polfoto images. Here is the ABACA Press gallery.

https://www.abacausa.com/ximagi/searc...nment_id=40809

It is awesome how The Prince wore a yamuka specially made for him, with the Prince of Wales Feathers! He can keep it forever and maybe pass it on to the next Prince of Wales, as it could well come in handy for such future occasions! ;)

Skydragon 12-16-2007 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine (Post 704887)
Sorry, I'm not a "horsey" woman, of course I didn't want to imply she would muck out the stables or groom the horse herself, even if it sounded that way. :rofl:

She would probably love to muck her out and groom her. The trouble the trainer will have, is stopping her from wanting a ride! :biggrin: :rofl:

georgiea 12-16-2007 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio (Post 705421)
It is awesome how The Prince wore a yamuka specially made for him, with the Prince of Wales Feathers! He can keep it forever and maybe pass it on to the next Prince of Wales, as it could well come in handy for such future occasions! ;)

CasiraghiTrio that is such a nice post. Thank you for it.
I do respect Prince Charles' work and his good meaning to all religions.:flowers:

I enjoyed the photos of Charles and Camilla playing with the children and lighting the menorah at the chanukkah party.

Jo of Palatine 12-16-2007 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon (Post 705475)
She would probably love to muck her out and groom her. The trouble the trainer will have, is stopping her from wanting a ride! :biggrin: :rofl:

Is Camilla too heavy to ride the young horse? Or will Royal Superlative be ridden in a way Camilla can't? Or is it just that a race horse is not ridden by anyone else but the training jockeys? Or is the horse too fast for her to ride?
Just wondering where's the problem.

CasiraghiTrio 12-16-2007 11:56 PM

^ As I understand it, Royal Superlative is a racehorse. So that means that this horse is not for leisure riding. The horse will train hard like all racehorses, and have a jockey ride him/her, but the purpose is not at all for The Duchess or the Prince to ride this horse. They are hoping to make money from this horse. Where money is to be made, they will not accept the risk of injury to the horse. The horse's purpose for them is to train hard and win a race and earn them lots of money.

But I imagine, like Jo says, that Camilla will take a strong interest in this horse's training. And if the horse is to train at her home (Ray Mill??) that will be very exciting for her, watching the training sessions and stuff. Maybe not cleaning stalls or washing the horse. She may like that sometimes but.... she may draw a line at cleaning the horse poop. :biggrin:

Skydragon 12-17-2007 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine (Post 705734)
Is Camilla too heavy to ride the young horse? Or will Royal Superlative be ridden in a way Camilla can't? Or is it just that a race horse is not ridden by anyone else but the training jockeys? Or is the horse too fast for her to ride?
Just wondering where's the problem.

No, she is not too heavy and although Camilla is taller than most jockeys, (yes really), she could adapt to the very short stirrup length, although from her normal seat, it would feel really strange. Most trainers will use a few different stable boys/girls to ride during training and will try one or two professional jockeys before deciding on who they would like to use in a race.

Trainers do not like anyone but their chosen employees or jockeys to ride their charges, as it can confuse the young horses.

CasiraghiTrio - Racehorses here tend to be kept in loose boxes and I expect Camilla is like the rest of the horsey brigade, we have no problem with dealing with horse dung, it smells rather nice, (not as a perfume though). :biggrin:

CasiraghiTrio 12-17-2007 08:38 AM

12 December 2007 --> The Prince and The Duchess light the menora (Getty Images gallery of 7 images)

milla Ca 12-20-2007 02:32 PM

A group of seriously ill children from Wales has met the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall at Highgrove House in Gloucestershire
December 20

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Gloucestershire | Prince meets ill children at home

Skydragon 12-20-2007 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milla Ca (Post 707116)

Now that is what I call a happy man! :wub:

scooter 12-20-2007 04:19 PM

The racehorse will still be considered young in terms of a hunter or jumper when it retires from racing. Do they race much past 5 in England? She could then have a second career as a horse for C. My best horse ever was a retired race horse, subsequently a timber chaser, subsequently a 3 day event horse, subsequently a high Amateur horse (1.4m) for me for 11 years. Could be great fun for Camilla.

Skydragon 12-20-2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooter (Post 707174)
The racehorse will still be considered young in terms of a hunter or jumper when it retires from racing. Do they race much past 5 in England? She could then have a second career as a horse for C. My best horse ever was a retired race horse, subsequently a timber chaser, subsequently a 3 day event horse, subsequently a high Amateur horse (1.4m) for me for 11 years. Could be great fun for Camilla.

Very few race past 6 but some have raced successfully up to 10! Must 'winners' are used for breeding but many more are sold as 3 day eventers or for meat! :eek:

WindsorIII 12-21-2007 10:10 AM

Prince Charles gets his hands on a tattooed lady

Dec 21 2007 by Laura Wright, South Wales Echo

THE Duchess of Cornwall was quick to get to the bottom of what was going on between her husband and a tattooed lady.

But Camilla had no need to worry as Linda Taylor was simply saying hello to Prince Charles as the Royal couple played host to children from South Wales children’s hospice Ty Hafan.

Prince Charles gets his hands on a tattooed lady - icWales

Cute story :angel: Its nice when you hear stories how much they brightened someones day.