The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Denmark (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f24/)
-   -   Relationships between the Members of the Danish Royal Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f24/relationships-between-the-members-of-the-danish-royal-family-14878.html)

jellybeans 07-12-2006 09:05 PM

Relationships between the Members of the Danish Royal Family

Does anyone here know what kind of relationship does Mary have with Queen Margrethe?

Lady Bluffton 07-12-2006 10:03 PM

From news reports of the christening preparations, pretty contentious at times.

royaltywatcher 07-12-2006 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Bluffton
From news reports of the christening preparations, pretty contentious at times.

I've never heard this. What do you mean?

Australian 07-13-2006 10:26 AM

Do you mean that they were at odds during the christening preparations?

jellybeans 07-13-2006 12:16 PM

what happend during the christening preparation?

Kelly 07-13-2006 01:36 PM

I thought they had a pretty nice relationship. Although in such big events like a christening, we could all get a little tense.

Iain 07-14-2006 07:37 AM

Oh for goodness sake will someone please tell us what went on during the christening?

ricarda 07-17-2006 08:02 AM

Nothing went on during the christening preparations.

Gossip magazines just made up a story that Margrethe was hurt because it was Mary who prepared the christening and not she herself.
Total nonsense if you ask me.

I would say they have a good relationship.
Mary & Frederik & Christian were with QMII on the balcony at her birthday (and stayed with her for Easter) and they visited her in private when she was in hospital for her knee surgery. And so on.
So, I would say they have a very normal family relationship.

RachelD 07-17-2006 06:00 PM

I totally agree with Ricarda. They seem to have a very nice relationship going on. The Queen seems to be a very down to earth person and a very loving and generous person. I see where there could/would be some tense moments or misunderstandings, it's normal between wives and mothers-in-law. But in general they seem to get along well and the Queen seems to be leaving the up-bringing of Christian (and the other two grand-sons) up to their parents. So, I doubt there is any real sort of conflict there.

Lady Bluffton 07-17-2006 06:06 PM

I had read someone on this site that QMII was upset with the way that Mary planned the christening...some row about colors and flower selection. From what I read (can't remember where or who posted), they were miffed...true, don't know.

soCal girl 07-17-2006 08:59 PM

I think Queen Margrethe and Crown Princess Mary have a very normal in-law relationship. I would guess they mostly get along but I'm sure sometimes they may not always agree and that's when Frederick may become the go-between.

Tricota 07-18-2006 08:46 AM

Quote:

I had read someone on this site that QMII was upset with the way that Mary planned the christening...some row about colors and flower selection. From what I read (can't remember where or who posted), they were miffed...true, don't know.

There has been nothin about that in the Danish, or orther medias, that I have seen. And they are not likely to ignore such a rumor, are they?

dwi 07-18-2006 03:53 PM

Yes, I heard that too that the Queen wanted either different color flowers for the christening or different flowers. Something to that affect.

I'm sure it is not easy for Mary. I mean, some of her and Fred's vacations are spent with his parents. I don't know if I could do that year in and year out, as well as the Christmas holiday. But, Mary has given up much of her freedom, but that was her choice so she obviously thought she could handle it or at least because of her love for Fred.

Maxie 07-18-2006 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soCal girl
I think Queen Margrethe and Crown Princess Mary have a very normal in-law relationship. I would guess they mostly get along but I'm sure sometimes they may not always agree and that's when Frederick may become the go-between.

I second that. Just the way it works in most families. Taking your mother-in-law on a holiday once a year or celebrating Christmas with her doesn't necessarily mean that problems automatically arise. If they would, my family would have been a mess by now. If we go somewhere, half of the time my grandmother is with us. :p Sometimes she drives us crazy, sometimes she doesn't, but we all love her anyway. So I guess this is the same with Mary and the Queen. They'll probably disagree from time to time (which is healthy, I think), but I don't think that something so unsignificant as the colors of some stupid flowers is the reason to claim that there is some tension in their relationship. And what do we actually know about it? As long as none of them gives a scandalous interview about the other to the press, we know nothing of the matter... ;)

Alexandria 07-18-2006 07:23 PM

I would add, too, that I think the Queen has been pretty open and flexible to changes on Mary's behalf in how she goes about her role as Crown Princess, whether they were initiated by Mary or not, I don't know, but some of the things Mary has done couldn't have occured without consent of the Queen.

For example, at the beginning of the year Mary held her own New Year's ceremony for her patronages rather than attend one with the Queen, Henrik and Frederik for their patronages. At the time there was a lot of ink spilt about Mary going against tradition but also praise about Mary doing something unique as CP and modernizing things and that surely she wouldn't have forged ahead with her own gathering without approval by the Queen.

Ctejnoe 07-18-2006 07:42 PM

:o I think they have pretty good relationship. But it has been Magrethes arena for quite some time....might have difficulty handing the reigns over once in a while?
But hey, who hasnt had a tiff with their mother in law? :D

sara1981 07-18-2006 10:39 PM

i would agree with posts but HM Queen wanted help Mary for planning christening of their baby son Christian but Mary wanted handles on their planning than mother-in-law i would understand of Mary what she wanted it.

but she bring baby christian to trips without knowledges but im sure Mary wanted be as 100% caring baby than nanny like any royals mothers wanted to care of baby when parents was away and who cares of Christian but she wanted kept baby than no helping with in-laws but i dont blame Mary because she is mother and she can give her baby as breastfeed when gone to trips.

PrincessDianafan 08-07-2006 08:44 AM

I think all families have their up and down times. Most of the time things will be fine. Royal families are like no other, except for the titles, the crowns, tiaras and palaces.

Daneborn 08-13-2006 10:30 PM

Quote:

If you can't present any evidence that this is true I think this line of speculation should be removed.

It's really tasteless to suggest the Queen would go ballistic just because of a flower arrangement :ermm:

jmj21983 08-14-2006 12:15 AM

I think that rumor comes from this Billed Bladet article:

https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...y/scan0001.jpg
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...y/scan0002.jpg
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...y/scan0003.jpg

agnessa 06-30-2007 03:15 PM

Relationship between Crown Princess Mary & Queen Margrethe

I was wondering how good/bad is relationship between Mary & Margrethe. I've read that Margrethe seems to be quite strict and powerful. Also Margrethe seems to be interested in history, art and so on, but Mary has learned economics. I just think that they are quite different people but personally I think that their relationship may be quite good. What do you think?
(I'm sorry if this thread have been previously somewhere in this forum).

CasiraghiTrio 06-30-2007 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessDianafan (Post 487741)
I think all families have their up and down times. Most of the time things will be fine. Royal families are like no other, except for the titles, the crowns, tiaras and palaces.

Also, considering they don't really "have" the tiaras and crowns, everything else is pretty normal, I guess, for their economic class of society: big palatial residences and titles are just "normal" for them and all of their friends. And some super-wealthy people even have bodyguards, even if they aren't famous, especially for the kids. It might not be exactly "normal" to have bodyguards (if you're not like "Brangelina et al"). But I guess we all have aspects of our lives that are a bit freaky and abnormal. ;)
But on topic, I'd say that I agree with most posts here. Mary seems to get on well with the whole family. There are times when she looks a little tense. I think she worries a lot about how she appears. Maybe she's a little vain, but mostly I think she is a perfectionist. Perfectionist people look tense a lot, and most of them don't have cameras in their faces ready for the ultimate 'nose pick' moment. -;-)

BurberryBrit 11-22-2007 02:01 PM

Relationships between the Members of the Danish Royal Family

Thought it would be interesting to start a thread about the two women and their relationship and show photos of them together. Judging from this photo, they get along well. :flowers:

https://www.seoghoer.dk/~/media/Se%20og%20Hoer/Royalt/royalforsoningstort%20jpg.ashx?w=448

https://www.seoghoer.dk/~/media/4EC9F854E1A04A3A863CE865C0FD0E26.ashx

https://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/ujak/sch.jpg

Mandy 11-22-2007 02:55 PM

Thanks you for your post BurberryBrit. However, I think it's a little early to pass judgement on their relationship, and we should give them some time before making a decision especially one based on just a few pictures. I think there will be plenty of future occasions where we will be able to observe both women in action such as the pre-wedding events and the wedding itself, and don't forget the many post-wedding events when we can observe the new Princess Marie interacting with the Crown Princess.

magnik 11-22-2007 03:11 PM

Photos like photos. Nothing special.

We should waite year or half if we want to say something more about relationships of these ladies. Now all looks happy and nice.

udyusa 11-22-2007 03:40 PM

I have to agree with both of you ladies. It will be interesting to watch as time passes as to just how they Will act towards each other! I am certain that Mary will act as she always does, classy and regal. As for Marie, well she hasn't had the experience that The CP has had. Definately something to look forward to...

biboquinhas 11-23-2007 06:19 AM

I hope we could get to see both working together! Having events together!That will be really nice!

Australian 11-23-2007 06:28 AM

Hopefully, they will be sources of friendship for each other. I'm sure both ladies would like to have someone to discuss concerns and fun things. So they dont feel so alone in the family. What im trying to say is that they could look out for each other, cos lets face it, any royal family is daunting, especially for two commoners who married into the family!

carlota 11-23-2007 07:07 AM

perhaps we need to wait a bit more to judge this. i doubt both ladies know each other much yet!

the weekend together was a nice initial approach.

Lichtenstein 11-23-2007 07:52 AM

Most likely we will never know what relationship the two women have. Surely none of them will talk in public what they think about each other.

fee 11-23-2007 08:01 AM

Doesn't anybody else find it quite telling that Mary and Fred were completely left out of the picture at the engagement? There were no pix of a cp couple attending an engagement dinner, lunch or even a big party...
There weren't pic of them before.
Marie evaded questions about Mary at the interview, claiming she wouldn't know Mary well enough. And she was very short about that.
And suddenly after there has been speculation about the relationship, there is "secret" weekend to which (mysteriously) the press was "invited".
Am I the only one who woke up and smell the coffee?

principessa 11-23-2007 08:02 AM

Alexandra - Mary - Marie

To which Princess (Alexandra or Marie) do you think is the relation to Crown Princess Mary the best? Was or is she more friendly to Alexandra or Marie? Is she still in contact with Alexandra?

kittygirlie 11-23-2007 08:07 AM

I would say that Crown Princess Mary was too short the sister in law of Alexandra to develop a deep friendship or a very warm relationship with her. Mary and Marie also donīt know each other for a very long time. So I think that they arenīt friends at the moment but maybe or hopefully they will develop a strong relationship to each other.;)

UserDane 11-23-2007 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fee (Post 696618)
Doesn't anybody else find it quite telling that Mary and Fred were completely left out of the picture at the engagement? There were no pix of a cp couple attending an engagement dinner, lunch or even a big party...
There weren't pic of them before.
Marie evaded questions about Mary at the interview, claiming she wouldn't know Mary well enough. And she was very short about that.
And suddenly after there has been speculation about the relationship, there is "secret" weekend to which (mysteriously) the press was "invited".

If you are you woke up too late :biggrin:
This has already been discussed in former threads and as numerous posters pointed out Joachim and Marie' engagement announcement was not about Frederik and Mary - just as Frederik and Mary's engagement announcement was not about Joachim and Alexandra who were not included in the official pics either - just as Joachim and Alexandra's engagement announcement way back was not about Frederik either.
The royal engagements in DK are about the couple who have just announced their engagement - and then their parents are included in a couple of photos. Wait for the wedding photos and enjoy the sight of all siblings of the married couple (have some coffee in the meantime ;))

biboquinhas 11-23-2007 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lichtenstein (Post 696614)
Most likely we will never know what relationship the two women have. Surely none of them will talk in public what they think about each other.

I agree with you! Almoust all royals ussualy don't speak about such private issues.

morhange 11-23-2007 02:33 PM

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...127295port.jpg

Does Schackenborg still have the combined monogram of Joachim and Alexandra? I can't tell... Will Joachim's monogram change to intertwine an M in there for Marie?

magnik 11-23-2007 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morhange (Post 696739)
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...127295port.jpg

Does Schackenborg still have the combined monogram of Joachim and Alexandra? I can't tell... Will Joachim's monogram change to intertwine an M in there for Marie?

It looks that thre's still J&A. I think...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittiegirlie
I would say that Crown Princess Mary was too short the sister in law of Alexandra to develop a deep friendship or a very warm relationship with her. Mary and Marie also donīt know each other for a very long time. So I think that they arenīt friends at the moment but maybe or hopefully they will develop a strong relationship to each other.;)

Don't forget about this quite long time before Mary and Fred's wedding. I think that they has time to know more or less each other.

carlota 11-23-2007 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lichtenstein (Post 696614)

you don't need them talking. any other activities or gestures can indicate how close (or not) they are. letizia never spoke about her sisters-in-law, but she visited cristina in barcelona and meet them when they come to madrid for dinner (already a couple of times) and visited elena and jaime in their residence a couple of times (they also mentioned that letizia went to see elena because she got some dress made from a designer who had his shop right next to elena's house). she also took their children out and about. she never spoke, but we know they have a good relation and see each other often.

maxima and laurentien were seen out together while on holiday and mary and alexandra went to a fashion show together. perhaps we will see the same sort of activities between mary and marie.

acdc1 11-23-2007 06:44 PM

I hope that the ladies can get along well, and I'm glad that Marie and Mary maybe got to know each other better in this weekend.

dee4855 11-23-2007 07:17 PM

I think it might be nice for Mary to have someone so close to her age that also lives in the same "glass" house. Mary will always be the CP, that will not be taken away from her. Why should she be jealous of Marie. Remember how close Diana and Sarah were. At times they only had each other when things were going so bad.

Cassi 11-24-2007 04:51 AM

It would be nice to see a video of the photo session. Does anyone know a link?

Royal Darkness 11-26-2007 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fee (Post 696618)

I agree with you. I also have a little problem with the combination of the headline: "Secret weekend together" and the picture, where you can see that they are posing in front of the photographers. It seems to be half-official and not secret or private.

biboquinhas 11-26-2007 07:05 AM

The press was invited but only two or three pictures where taken, that is veryyyy wierd!

UserDane 11-26-2007 08:40 AM

Was the press invited? Somehow I don't think so - and only one or two pics would indeed be strange then.

biboquinhas 11-26-2007 09:26 AM

Well I read somewhere that the press was invited, but maybe they took some pictures asn send them to the press. I really don't know becxause only a few pictures where release and even Isabella wasn't there!

lyndaW 11-26-2007 12:38 PM

Has CP Mary ever been to Schackenborg Palace before ? When CP Mary became engaged Alex & Joachim were in the process of spliting up so its doubtful they would have invited guests at that time. After the divorce Prince Joachim was rather at loose-ends until Marie, so probably wasn't inviting guests.

Royal Darkness 11-26-2007 02:56 PM

May I ask: Lives Prince Joachim permanent in Schackenborg? Where do his sons go to school?
Isn't it easier - for Crownprince Frederik and his wife - to meet Prince Joachim and Marie in Kopenhagen?

norwegianne 11-26-2007 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Darkness (Post 697840)
May I ask: Lives Prince Joachim permanent in Schackenborg? Where do his sons go to school?
Isn't it easier - for Crownprince Frederik and his wife - to meet Prince Joachim and Marie in Kopenhagen?

Joachim lives at Schackenborg, with a flat in Amalienborg in Copenhagen. Felix and Nikolai both attend, respectively, kindergarten and school in Copenhagen.

Denmark isn't the hugest country in the world, so going from Copenhagen to Schackenborg shouldn't be very time consuming. Probably nice to get a weekend in the province.

Royal Darkness 11-26-2007 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norwegianne (Post 697847)
Joachim lives at Schackenborg, with a flat in Amalienborg in Copenhagen. Felix and Nikolai both attend, respectively, kindergarten and school in Copenhagen.

Denmark isn't the hugest country in the world, so going from Copenhagen to Schackenborg shouldn't be very time consuming. Probably nice to get a weekend in the province.

Thanks!
Yes I know, that Denmark isn't the hugest country in the world.
1 1/2 hour from Rødbyhavn till Helsingør... ;)
I just mean: If Prince Joachim lives also in Copenhagen - why wrote the press, that it is sooooo special, that they meet each other. They probably see each other every week... in Copenhagen...
Of course it is nice to get to Schackenborg. I know - it is nice there...
I just have a little problem with the media and the headlines.

lyndaW 11-28-2007 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyndaW (Post 697774)
Has CP Mary ever been to Schackenborg Palace before ? When CP Mary became engaged Alex & Joachim were in the process of spliting up so its doubtful they would have invited guests at that time. After the divorce Prince Joachim was rather at loose-ends until Marie, so probably wasn't inviting guests.

I have looked thru various Forum/Boards and as yet have not found any mention of CP Mary every being a guest at Schackenborg Palace. Have any of you found she has been a guest or is this her first time ????

GlitteringTiaras 11-28-2007 05:41 PM

I haven't found any photos that would verify that she was a guest Schackenborg prior to this recent trip.

Nonetheless, I'm going to assume tha perhaps she has; without the press knowing, essentially a private visit.

Royal Darkness 12-09-2007 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biboquinhas (Post 697698)
Well I read somewhere that the press was invited, but maybe they took some pictures asn send them to the press. I really don't know becxause only a few pictures where release and even Isabella wasn't there!

About this "one" picture (Đ HELLO https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...-royals-1a.jpg) a German newspaper wrote, that Crownprincess Mary was very angry about the fact, the Marie adored Crownprincess Frederik (as you can see on the picture). Funny story - isn't it? ;)

Heike 12-10-2007 02:23 PM

Interesting picture.
I can imagine that somebody who doesnīt know Frederik, Joachim, Mary and Marie would think that Frederik and Marie are the couple who are going to get married in May....Haha
But I donīt believe that Mary would be angry with this specific photo.

Heike 12-10-2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by principessa (Post 696620)
To which Princess (Alexandra or Marie) do you think is the relation to Crown Princess Mary the best? Was or is she more friendly to Alexandra or Marie? Is she still in contact with Alexandra?

I think Mary didnīt have enough time to develop a sort of friendship with Alexandra.
Although Mary and Marie resemble each other quite much in their appearance, I can observe that their personalities are very different. I think they would have a friendly relationship, treat each other like normal sistes-in-law would do, but I donīt think they would become close friends due to the discrepance of their characters. Here I mean that kind of friends with whom you can share happiness and sorrows and you can always run to her when you are frustrated.

Royal Darkness 12-10-2007 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heike (Post 703296)
Interesting picture.
I can imagine that somebody who doesnīt know Frederik, Joachim, Mary and Marie would think that Frederik and Marie are the couple who are going to get married in May....Haha

She isn't angry with this photo, she is angry (this is not my opinion, it was the opinion of the writer of the article I mentioned) because Frederik and Marie were so close...

UserDane 12-10-2007 05:05 PM

Ohh gimme a break about all these silly stories that each and every 3rd grade gossip magazine invent about royals and celebrities being aaaaangry if they don't show all their teeth at the camera :bang: - sorry not directed at anyone but these stories are just so ----- silly :cool:

Madame Royale 12-10-2007 06:46 PM

Yer, it does get a bit much doesn't it, UserDane...;)

Nothing to report so let's make it up instead = sad!

Marengo 12-10-2007 07:10 PM

Well, that is the way some parts of the press are working for centuries now, though the segment is growing rapidly the last decades, so... Sad indeed but it sells, which is the most important thing to these publishers. Especially the German rags are close to the rediculous, if I would have believed them Maxima for example would have had 20 children by now and she would have burried 5 of them already!

Madame Royale 12-10-2007 07:53 PM

20 children? Burried 5? No wonder the woman's got a few lifelines...:lol::rofl:

I never give credence to anything magazines have to say. There have been things spoken about my employer in Australian and French magazines that I know to be pure invention. You learn to have a laugh about it, infact, I think you have to in most cases. When the ledger is pushed then enough's enough but otherwise see it off with a smile and wave.

marmi 05-13-2008 12:45 AM

Marie and her relationships with other members of the DRF

In the thread about the lead-up to the wedding, Rebafan81 said:

Quote:

I saw someone say that they didn't think Marie and Mary would be the best of friends, is that because of Mary or Marie? I never thought Alex and Mary had anything in common and maybe Marie and Mary would be better friends.
I dont really think that it is necessary for them to be friends as such, I think that what would be good though is for them to get along well (which there is at least some suggestion of, as Mary organised the party for Marie didnt she?), to support each other (this could mean Mary helping out with things such as Marie's Danish lessons, and adjusting to the media attention and official duties - or alternatively giving Marie more space to find her own way 'herself') and just generally behave in ways which are condusive to a great (extended) family relationship.

Jo of Palatine 05-26-2008 08:33 AM

I wonder if, after both Mary and Marie have firsthand experience with the media and must realise that their relationship, however it turns out, will make headlines, have decided to do something about it. For example check before an event they both are going to attend that they don't wear similar clothes or the same hairstyle in order to prevent being dubbed "the Denmark-twins" or something similar.

auntie 05-27-2008 09:00 AM

One thing makes me wonder, both Mary and Marie gave noncomittal answers when asked about each other, I would have expected of the CPss to say "I don't know her well enough, but she is very sweet, I am happy for them etc."

biboquinhas 05-27-2008 09:22 AM

Well I think they have it all to be best friends and it's a shame if they don't grab that opportunity! They are both the same age, both the same family, they will have vacations together, Marie will be mother son and Mary os already a mother that can help her so mucht!!! It is a shame if they don't become friends!!

Her_Majesty 05-27-2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biboquinhas (Post 771834)
It is a shame if they don't become friends!!

How do you know that?

This quote by Mary:
Quote:

"I don't know her well enough, but she is very sweet, I am happy for them etc."
actually isn't new.
So how do you know they don't get along quite well now and are about going to be friends? They don't know each other for a very long time yet.
And even if they decide not to be friends and just are sisters-in-law... then it's their own decision and I really don't see why that's a "shame".:huh:

Winnie 05-27-2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heike (Post 703296)
Interesting picture.

Oh for heaven sake, in this photo it look like Joachim is fasinated by Mary and could care less about standing next to Marie. How silly all this trouble making by the press is.

By the way, who said that Marie and Mary don't like each other? Is that another "story" started by the silly German press?

Her_Majesty 05-27-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winnie (Post 771935)
By the way, who said that Marie and Mary don't like each other? Is that another "story" started by the silly German press?

The so called "Silly German Press" never speculated about that at all.:huh:

GlitteringTiaras 05-27-2008 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winnie (Post 771933)
Oh for heaven sake, in this photo it look like Joachim is fasinated by Mary and could care less about standing next to Marie. How silly all this trouble making by the press is.

Actually, that rumor was started by a particular group of royal watchers who are not exactly happy with the Danish royal family nor will they ever be. Unfortunately, that rumor has spread like wild fire through the Internet and now some believe it to be true.

Jo of Palatine 05-27-2008 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty (Post 771980)
The so called "Silly German Press" never speculated about that at all.:huh:

Maybe not yet but surely "Das Goldene Blatt" or anothe rof those rags wioll start speculate which one of the "Denmark-twins" is unhappy about the other's similarity to herself.... Just wait and see...;)

Her_Majesty 05-27-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine (Post 772027)
Maybe not yet but surely "Das Goldene Blatt" or anothe rof those rags wioll start speculate which one of the "Denmark-twins" is unhappy about the other's similarity to herself.... Just wait and see...;)

Okay yes, that's quite likely. :lol:
... but at least they weren't the ones who started that rumors. ;)

auntie 05-30-2008 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras (Post 772003)
Actually, that rumor was started by a particular group of royal watchers who are not exactly happy with the Danish royal family nor will they ever be. Unfortunately, that rumor has spread like wild fire through the Internet and now some believe it to be true.

I am a gr8 admirer of the DRF :flowers:, and I can tell you that it seemed a little strange to me that neither Mary or Marie acknolweged each other besides "I don't really know her, I haven't gotten to know her yet etc"

GlitteringTiaras 05-30-2008 01:30 PM

Really? I don't believe it was strange. Not all future sisters-in-laws are close prior to marriage. Both couples are and were extremely busy plus they have their own families to deal wih so barely knowing each other can happen and obviously did... sooo.

Besides the original question was, "By the way, who said that Marie and Mary don't like each other?"

auntie 06-01-2008 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras (Post 773422)
Really? I don't believe it was strange. Not all future sisters-in-laws are close prior to marriage. Both couples are and were extremely busy plus they have their own families to deal wih so barely knowing each other can happen and obviously did... sooo.

Besides the original question was, "By the way, who said that Marie and Mary don't like each other?"

Oh yes it is strange that someone who is in the public eye, cannot say something neutrally posotive about her future sister in law...:ohmy:We can't presume to know how close they are to each other, but silence is louder than a thousand words;)

GlitteringTiaras 06-01-2008 03:45 AM

Hm, well she said the same thing about Alexandra (noted in the long engagement interview) so...

I don't know, I don't find it strange, but I will say that it seems like some (not you or anyone in particular so please don't take this the wrong way) are always digging for something... anything... to create drama when clearly there is none. Just my two cents. :smile:

auntie 06-01-2008 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras (Post 773895)
Hm, well she said the same thing about Alexandra (noted in the long engagement interview) so...

I don't know, I don't find it strange, but I will say that it seems like some (not you or anyone in particular so please don't take this the wrong way) are always digging for something... anything... to create drama when clearly there is none. Just my two cents. :smile:

I can only speak for myself, I don't give 2 hoots if M&M get along or not, but when I read that each of them individually said a noncomital reply, a thought went through my head, "hey, I wouldn't day that about anyone engaged to my or my husband's family members" esp. as they dated for at least a year b4 becoming engaged and they must have had some conversation. When I saw a thread about this I thought I might as well put my observation onto writing. Hell, even if M&M really didn't know each other, they are in the limelight, say something minorly nice:mad:

GlitteringTiaras 06-01-2008 12:57 PM

Ah, I see. Well what are you going to do. Perhaps in time they may end up becoming BFF... or not. However, whether or not they do or don't doesn't affect your nor my life in any way shape or form. So why should we care?

:smile:

kalnel 06-01-2008 03:23 PM

Whether Mary and Marie like each other or not, someone will find a way to gossip about their relationship.

Remember Fergie and Diana? When they were close, they were "misbehaving" at Ascot or on the ski slopes and plotting to overthrow the Windsors. When they were at odds, all the stories were about jealousies, slights, and warring "courts."

I've been surprised that there hasn't been more said about the fact that both Marie and Henrik are French-born. He could be a great mentor to her, since he understands where she's coming from, so to speak.

Winnie 06-01-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras (Post 774045)
Ah, I see. Well what are you going to do. Perhaps in time they may end up becoming BFF... or not. However, whether or not they do or don't doesn't affect your nor my life in any way shape or form. So why should we care?

:smile:

Wonderful, truthful answer-I agree 100%

Jo of Palatine 06-02-2008 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras (Post 773895)

What came out in the Engagement interview was that Marie will do all she can not to become part in any discussion about a comparison of the three princesses. She had had her experience with the media before that interview and thus she said that there is no need to compare the younger female members of the Rf or Alexandra, as each makes her own contribution. She obviously was non-commital about Mary and said only some nice things about Alexandra's and her relationship as stepmother/mother of the boys. In the documentary she stated again that there is no need to comment on comparisons as there is no reason to do such comparisons.

So I guess we won't ever hear a word from her or Mary or Alexandra about the other two. :flowers: Which IMHO is a good thing for them.

auntie 06-02-2008 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine (Post 774212)
What came out in the Engagement interview was that Marie will do all she can not to become part in any discussion about a comparison of the three princesses. She had had her experience with the media before that interview and thus she said that there is no need to compare the younger female members of the Rf or Alexandra, as each makes her own contribution. She obviously was non-commital about Mary and said only some nice things about Alexandra's and her relationship as stepmother/mother of the boys. In the documentary she stated again that there is no need to comment on comparisons as there is no reason to do such comparisons.

So I guess we won't ever hear a word from her or Mary or Alexandra about the other two. :flowers: Which IMHO is a good thing for them.

Thank you! :rolleyes:, it makes much more sense then saying that there is nothing wrong with future sisters in law not having anything good to say about each other.

Villemann 07-17-2008 08:19 AM

The relationsship between Mary and Alexandra was never varm - never! How do I know? Because I have talked to people close to them for my book "1015 Copenhagen K." Marie will always live in the shadow of Mary, but she has one advantage over her: She speaks French and therefore she has the attention of the Pater Familias of the DRF, Prince Henrik.

Winnie 07-17-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villemann (Post 800029)
The relationsship between Mary and Alexandra was never varm - never! How do I know? Because I have talked to people close to them for my book "1015 Copenhagen K." Marie will always live in the shadow of Mary, but she has one advantage over her: She speaks French and therefore she has the attention of the Pater Familias of the DRF, Prince Henrik.

I don't think it matters if Mary and Marie are close. Mary has an important job to do for her country whereas Marie job is to just make her husband happy. Big difference, plus speaking French is really not the "be-all" of an advantage where the rest of the world is concerned; which is the only thing a future queen/king should worry about after his own country's approval. There will always be petty little jealousies in families, but at the end of the day, Mary & Fred will always be the ruling head of the family and the rest of the family must accept and not make waves.

Madame Royale 07-17-2008 01:25 PM

Quote:

Though there was never going to be any 'real' time for the two to become what could be considered, well aquainted. A divorce, notably a royal disolvement, does not just spring about. Alexandra was to leave the family, and familiarising herself with Mary at any great length (visa versa) would have served what purpose, exaclty? None, I think it safe to say.

I'm sure they were cordial when speaking, and certainly behaved most agreeably when seen in public together at the few royal events which either dictated, or requested, their participation.

Marie will always live in the shadow of Mary? Just as Madeleine's prospective husband shall always live in the shadow of Victoria's prospective husband, or Harry's wife in that of William's. In this instance, for these people living this life, that's just how it is.

Odette 07-17-2008 03:35 PM

I remember Mary's interview when the engagement was first announced. What struck me at the time was that she said she would never accept adultery at any cost. She went on to say that "others may but she would never accept it."
At the time of the engagement and after P Hendrick's outburst about the CP "cheapening: the monarchies by marrying commoners, came his interview where he said that Mary was not familiar with the Court and she could learn a lot from Alexandra.
Four months after Mary's wedding Alexandra and Joaquim announced their separation and Martin showed up at her side shortly thereafter. I am no author or detective but if you add all these facts together, you may figure out that Alexandra and Mary were not or could not be too close. JMHO

auntie 07-21-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Marie also had the advantage of a european high class upbringing, whilst Mary was brought up in a middle class academic suburbian way. Designer clothes are no big issue for Marie, as she always wore them, and she was always accustomed to luxurious life style. I don't think she will be criticized like Mary for being so fashion conscious, or her motives not questioned, as this is the way she was b4 becoming a royal, even if her wardrobe allowance is greater than b4 marriage.

Odette 07-21-2008 06:40 PM

A lot of ladies have exquisite taste and given the funds, they dress extremely well. This may be the case with Mary.
A lot of other ladies, prefer the laid back conservative clothes whether designer or not and they stay the same even if their circumstances change. Is it at all possible that Marie does not want to be a fashion show on high heels and she prefers a bit more relaxed, less flashy more comfortable clothes? Again, with the exception of the grey metal looking suit and the hat, I find her over all a very classic beauty.

Mandy 07-21-2008 07:15 PM

Will you please keep the fashion remarks/comments for the Royal House of Fashion. It has nothing to do with the relationship between the DRF members nor most of the threads in this forum.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator

LadyFinn 07-22-2008 04:39 AM

ABC of Spain writes about the cover and story of Svensk Damtidning:
ABC/Celos en Dinamarca: El beso de la polémica
Speculation about the behaviour of Joachim and Mary.

auntie 07-22-2008 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 801986)
ABC of Spain writes about the cover and story of Svensk Damtidning:
ABC/Celos en Dinamarca: El beso de la polémica
Speculation about the behaviour of Joachim and Mary.

Can anyone transalate?

tdarlene 07-22-2008 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntie (Post 801995)
Can anyone transalate?

The article says that Prince Joachim is not in love for his wife but he is in love for Princess Mary, that's why he married a woman very much alike Princess Mary. While at the gala concert for the Livsgardet Prince Joachim drunk to much and kissed Princess Mary passionately on the lips and Mary smiled, while Princess Marie tried to be the most civilized she could, they don't mention if Prince Frederik saw it also or not. They also say there's a big rivalry between the two Princess and so Princess Mary enjoyed the kiss to take advantage on Marie, who is the favourite of Prince Henrik.
At the end they say that Countess Alexandra was madly in love with Prince Frederik, but he couldn't care less for her and so she married Prince Joachim.

sneeuwklokje 07-22-2008 07:20 AM

Bloody h..., if that is true (which I don't think it is) we are in for some interesting developments in the future!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

LadyFinn 07-22-2008 07:22 AM

Hereīs the photo of Joachim and Mary:
Svensk Damtidning

sneeuwklokje 07-22-2008 07:24 AM

It could very well have been fotoshopped. At least Mary is looking away from Joachim.........

ricarda 07-22-2008 07:42 AM

Oh, dear, how silly can those magazines get?
I am sure all those pictures of a couple in love we have seen before, during and after the wedding must be fake.
And I am sure Mary with whom - according to those magazines - both Frederik and Joachim are in love must be very jealous because Marie is Henrik's favourite. :biggrin:

Actually, Marie talked about her relationship with Mary during their holiday photo-shoot in France: TV 2 Vip - Marie: Mary har hjulpet mig meget
And that's what Marie said according to that article:
"The Crown Princess is a great help for me and we are glad we have each other. We are in many respects in the same situation and therefore can help each other, and she helped me a lot and has been a good support. We are actually really good friends and are pleased that we have found each other in the family".

But I guess "rivalry" sells better than "friendship". :whistling:
To me the picture looks as if they were kissing each other on the cheeks.
The editors probably searched a ton of pictures showing a clear and harmless situation
to find that one which can be interpreted in a different way.

auntie 07-22-2008 07:43 AM

If this is true (which I highly doubt!) then everyone is married to a second hand love!

LadyFinn 07-22-2008 07:51 AM

Obviously this started from the story of danish magazine "Se og hor", where the photo was first.

tdarlene 07-22-2008 07:54 AM

Obviously it's rubbish that article those kind of press are always looking for sometinhg and always making something up to sell magazine and mislead people.

Duke of Marmalade 07-22-2008 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje (Post 802028)
It could very well have been fotoshopped. At least Mary is looking away from Joachim.........

I don't think it's a photoshop, it's taken out of the situation of two people dancing close (in a "normal" way, requested by the type of dance) with a sharp angle. Then they took the picture and formed a ridiculous story around it. I mean you never know what is going on behind closed doors but the last thing on earth I will believe is that Mary is interested or more in Joachim as a man.

MARG 07-22-2008 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje (Post 802025)
Bloody h..., if that is true (which I don't think it is) we are in for some interesting developments in the future!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bloody hell indeed! Damned rubbish more like. These stores have more strange and fantastic plotlines than "Days of Our Lives". . . . . . and they've got "aliens" (not the illegal kind). :rofl:

acdc1 07-22-2008 09:17 AM

Oh, this is the funniest thing I think I've ever heard! I'm guessing that Frederik is also in love with Marie!:lol:

Anyway, I think that the picture isn't photoshopped, but that they're just dancing, and nothing can be judged from that. Besides, Mary isn't even looking at Joachim, she seems to be looking over his shoulder! This is just a bunch of rubbage that we can laugh at.

Anyway, can somebody translate this? It seems like Marie was talking about the Crown Princely family, but I'm not sure.

stellam 07-22-2008 09:32 AM

It refers to the portion that Ricarda posted about Mary being a great help to Marie and that they found themselves in similar situations at the start of their marriages. Also, that Christian and Isabella are two lovely cute children.
Utter rubbish about Joachim being in love with Mary although at the very start of Joachim and Marie's relationship it was also speculated that he was infatuated with Mary hence he chose a girl that resembled Mary.

Stellad