The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 10: November 2007-February 2008 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/the-duchess-of-cornwall-current-events-10-november-2007-february-2008-a-14767.html)

Warren 11-15-2007 02:00 AM

The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 10: November 2007-February 2008

https://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...allsmaller.jpg
Arms of HRH The Duchess of Cornwall

Welcome to the Duchess of Cornwall current events thread, part 10

commencing November 2007

Part 9, covering the period 8 September to 15 November 2007 can be found here.

¨ ¨ ¨

Russophile 11-15-2007 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgiea (Post 693227)
The Duchess' skin and hair look very good lately. Does anybody think she got some botox?:flowers:

Georgiea, I want some botox! :biggrin:

noldorlord 11-15-2007 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russophile (Post 693573)
Georgiea, I want some botox! :biggrin:

Its easy and cheep too. Just find a good injector. But I do not think that Camilla has had it done. Going over the photos for the last six months it looks like some Glyco peels or a course of Micro dermabrasion. Or maybe something a lot simpler LOVE. :wub:

Skydragon 11-16-2007 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noldorlord (Post 693605)
Its easy and cheep too. Just find a good injector. But I do not think that Camilla has had it done. Going over the photos for the last six months it looks like some Glyco peels or a course of Micro dermabrasion. Or maybe something a lot simpler LOVE. :wub:

Yuk to the Botox, it is unlikely anyone would have missed her having dermabrasion or peels..... we all know how Kay fro the Dirty Mail likes to 'comment' on anything even remotely negative he can think of. She is probably just using some of the new moisturising creams and as you say, lots of love! :flowers:

Russophile 11-16-2007 03:37 PM

I'm glad she is looking radiant.
For me, I HATE growing old!!!

Jo of Palatine 11-19-2007 01:17 AM

Has anyone heard a story about "Scotland Yard at the palace: who tried to poison Camilla?" - that was the headline in a yellow mag (one of the worst, to be honest) I saw this morning at the newsstand when I went to fetch fresh rolls from the bakery next door. I wonder if the whole thing is invented and if so - who does invent a story like that?

Skydragon 11-19-2007 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine (Post 694695)
Has anyone heard a story about "Scotland Yard at the palace: who tried to poison Camilla?" - that was the headline in a yellow mag (one of the worst, to be honest) I saw this morning at the newsstand when I went to fetch fresh rolls from the bakery next door. I wonder if the whole thing is invented and if so - who does invent a story like that?

I had a quick trawl through the news channels and papers here, but have been unable to find anything. :flowers: Such a story would certainly have made the front pages here, I would have thought! :flowers:

Warren 11-19-2007 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine (Post 694695)
I wonder if the whole thing is invented and if so - who does invent a story like that?

That's no secret, it's the writers sitting in the magazine's back office. Seriously.

Jo of Palatine 11-19-2007 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren (Post 694735)
That's no secret, it's the writers sitting in the magazine's back office. Seriously.

Yes, but this is different from the normal cases of invented stories. I mean: the queen hates Camilla, Camilla feels unloved, Charles and Camilla had a row- stories like that are easily invented as no one can prove or disprove them. But police at the palace because of a poisoning attempt? That's a rather serious claim, so I really wondered. But thanks for checking, Skydragon. :flowers:

milla Ca 11-19-2007 12:20 PM

Jo ,i remember that a read the headline of a similar story some weeks ago. I think it was the magazine ´Die Aktuelle´. Maybe it´s boring for the readers to read every week again and again about a seperation of C&C, or that Camilla was banned of the Royal Family... So these writers need new stuff and they know that only a few people are interested in the truth of their stories.
Other Royal Houses have lawyers who take these papers to court ( also in countries abraod). But i never heard that the British Royals did something like that.

georgiea 11-24-2007 12:43 PM

Queen out-dazzled by Camilla the diamond duchess in Commonwealth visit | the Daily Mail

Hope the link works. Does everybody like the way Camilla wears jewelry? I don't know if I do or don't like this style on Camilla. This is her second necklace made in this rows and rows of jewels. Do you like it or do you think a few less rows would be nicer?:flowers:

Russophile 11-24-2007 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Fan (Post 697118)
Its pretty but less is more soooo

Not when you're a Royal! :biggrin:
Seriously, you have to bring out the baubles at the State Functions. Otherwise everything in your jewelry wardrobe wouldn't get used!
Tom Shane would be proud! :lol:

Roslyn 11-25-2007 05:06 AM

The Duchess is wearing Mrs Greville's baubles which belonged to The Queen Mother. QUEEN MOTHERS JUWEL CASKET | TIARA

I think Camilla can carry off the look, which is good for her, because there are lots and lots of pretties like that in the Royal safes and they should be worn so they can be seen and enjoyed. :smile:

Warren 11-25-2007 06:31 AM

It's probably better that further discussion of Mrs Greville's necklace be continued in the Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery thread.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator

hornsen 12-02-2007 08:03 AM

The D...Mail is trying it again...:cool:
Queen 'surprised' as Camilla is chosen to launch Cunard's Victoria | the Daily Mail

Vanesa 12-02-2007 05:15 PM

I don't believe all these absurd stories. I think the press makes up most of them to have something to entertain people . So, people keeps discussing idiotic (and false) issues for weeks...Then, they makes up other nice bunch of falsehoods, and so on...They keep people busy speaking about futile things while the important ones are never discussed...:rolleyes:

Vanesa.

AuroraB 12-02-2007 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hornsen (Post 700163)

Too bad that the local paper released the story 15 September!
No scoop for the D**** Mail. :biggrin:

Incas 12-02-2007 08:10 PM

I read about Camilla doing the launch months ago, probably in Daily Mail as well. What's the surprise? Launching a new flagship isn't like flipping a burger. No one calls up Camilla, or any royal, on Monday to drop by the yard by end of the week. What's going on with this paper?! Must be really slow news from William and Harry's company. They are recycling old bits.

jcbcode99 12-03-2007 10:50 AM

This is so sad on the Daily Mail's part, really digging for something from nothing, in my opinion. Let's look at this objectively--the Queen has been handing over jewelery to Camilla to wear to help cement her as the future Queen Consort, Camilla is taking a more public role, she is accompanying the Queen on State Visits in the capacity as future Consort--does anyone believe for a minute that this was not arranged by the Queen? Cunard would naturally have gone to the Queen first for this honor, and I really think that the Queen passed it to Camilla in an effort to further solidify her future role as Queen Consort. Only Queens have named these liners, and now a future Queen will do so. I think the whole thing was engineered by the Queen and she is not in the least "surprised"!

cde 12-03-2007 07:08 PM

It's sad. That stupid Daily Mail article which is most likely not even true has been picked up by other news sites.

Yet this article probably won't get picked up and this is what the public should be hearing about.
People: Hugo Rifkind - Times Online