The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f239/)
-   -   Prince Amedeo - News & Pictures, Part 3 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f239/prince-amedeo-news-and-pictures-part-3-a-14696.html)

Shikha Pal 02-27-2008 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royalwatcher77 (Post 734376)
i just thought i would also add this picture of him when he was little. i know its probably been posted but i just think he was so cute.
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8&d=1059412833

he looks nice in this Picture but where was this Picture taken?

royalwatcher77 02-28-2008 06:39 PM

I'm not sure I got it from an old thread that had lots of pictures of him growing up.

Shikha Pal 03-01-2008 03:58 AM

Hey people
go to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. and then u type Prince Amedeo, video no.1 ,3,5 and 8 , there are pics of Prince Amedeo in those videos, in video no. 1
u find pics only of Prince Amedeo

monica17 03-01-2008 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rihga (Post 709921)
Amedeo, thankfully, is much more discreet than Pierre. He also isn't a notorious womanizer like Pierre. Well that we know of ;)

Well, I'm just new to this Prince Amedeo thread.... but interesting that you guys compare him to Pierre Casiraghi. Because they are distantly related to each other. Two of Count Werner de Merode's daughters, Louise Caroline Ghislaine and Antoinette, married Charles Emmanuel, Prince dal Pozzo dalla Cisterna and Prince Charles III of Monaco of Monaco, respectively. Louise and Charles Emmanuel would have one child, Maria Vittoria, who married Amadeo I and from whom Margherita of Savoy is directly descended from. Of course, Margherita is the mother of Archduke Lorenz and Prince Amedeo's grandmother. Antoinette and Charles III had Albert II, who is the great-great-great grandfather of Pierre Casiraghi.

Prince Amedeo looks so tall. Is this a a family trait among the Savoys or on other sides of the family? When his ancestor, Amedeo (his namesake and great grandfather) the 3rd Duke of Savoy, was addressed as "your highness" he was said to have replied, "6 feet 6 inches tall"... and he was very good looking, too, and very gallant it was said. I think Prince Amedeo of Belgium looks very royal, but looks also very um, unassuming. A very good combination, I'd say. :smile:

Shikha Pal 03-01-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monica17 (Post 735969)
Well, I'm just new to this Prince Amedeo thread.... but interesting that you guys compare him to Pierre Casiraghi. Because they are distantly related to each other. Two of Count Werner de Merode's daughters, Louise Caroline Ghislaine and Antoinette, married Charles Emmanuel, Prince dal Pozzo dalla Cisterna and Prince Charles III of Monaco of Monaco, respectively. Louise and Charles Emmanuel would have one child, Maria Vittoria, who married Amadeo I and from whom Margherita of Savoy is directly descended from. Of course, Margherita is the mother of Archduke Lorenz and Prince Amedeo's grandmother. Antoinette and Charles III had Albert II, who is the great-great-great grandfather of Pierre Casiraghi.

Prince Amedeo looks so tall. Is this a a family trait among the Savoys or on other sides of the family? When his ancestor, Amedeo (his namesake and great grandfather) the 3rd Duke of Savoy, was addressed as "your highness" he was said to have replied, "6 feet 6 inches tall"... and he was very good looking, too, and very gallant it was said. I think Prince Amedeo of Belgium looks very royal, but looks also very um, unassuming. A very good combination, I'd say. :smile:

Prince Amedeo "s father is also tall. Prince Amedeo maybe as tall as his great grand father or little less than him.

emmalisa 03-01-2008 04:23 PM

I think prince Amedeo is very handsome! He reminds me of a young king Leopold III, his great grandfather.

LadyK 03-01-2008 04:54 PM

Amadeo is between 6'1 and 6'3 (185 to 190 cm)

For basic info like this, check out the Prince Amadeo FAQ

alterego 03-01-2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monica17 (Post 735969)
When his ancestor, Amedeo (his namesake and great grandfather) the 3rd Duke of Savoy, was addressed as "your highness" he was said to have replied, "6 feet 6 inches tall"... and he was very good looking, too, and very gallant it was said.

Well, he was a prince of Savoia, but he was actually the 3rd Duke of Aosta instead of Duke of Savoy. ;)

monica17 03-02-2008 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alterego (Post 736096)
Well, he was a prince of Savoia, but he was actually the 3rd Duke of Aosta instead of Duke of Savoy. ;)

Oh, you're right... Duke of Aosta. I'm just new to this House of Savoy and on Prince Amedeo. Also, my previous post should have read "Antoinette and Charles III had Albert I", Pierre's great-great-great grandfather. Albert II is his uncle.

royalwatcher77 03-02-2008 06:11 PM

I'm reading this book about princess Mary and there is this whole chapter about how she visted Albert the first of belgium. Oddy enough it has more information on him than mary. Any way I saw alot of similarities between him and Amedeo from looks to personality.

royalwatcher77 03-31-2008 10:07 PM

im not really sure about any of that. if you want to read about it the book is "matriarch." but its not about the belgium family. so im not sure where to go if you want to know more about them.

indian princess 04-11-2008 05:14 AM

so are we expecting any new picures then? i hope they have a photo session or something...its been ages since we had a new picture of him...

princesslily 04-11-2008 05:49 AM

^ Yes, press photos of him at his graduation ceremony but that is not until July/August. Last year of uni is most stressful so more than likely we won't see any of him at public events, but I could be wrong.

indian princess 04-11-2008 11:24 AM

well thats ok then....its good that he's hard at studing....he does everything that is expected of a prince and he sets a good example for some others who do nothing but stumble out drunk from nightclubs and wonder where in the world their next holiday is going to be......ummm i'm sure names must be coming up in people's minds right now:whistling:

indian princess 06-09-2008 11:47 AM

can anyone post a link to the pics of amedeo from the queen elizabeth musical competition 2008? he was looking amazingly handsome there.

royalwatcher77 06-17-2008 06:38 PM

heres a link to it.
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8-a-17257.html

kaydura0717 06-20-2008 10:57 PM

Did he graduate yet?

LadyLeana 06-21-2008 01:53 PM

I believe he has a "presentation ceremony" on 17th of July, but apparently this is not exactly a graduation ceremony. The students are required to wear those typical gowns, but they do not receive their certificates yet. Maybe the real graduation ceremony is only in September, after resits? (That's how it happens at my Belgian university anyway)
Any British forum members who can explain this system?
source: July 2008 Presentation Ceremonies

cosette minette 06-21-2008 04:53 PM

What Languages do the royal family of Belgium speak?:flowers:

DuchessCharlotte 06-22-2008 12:53 AM

Dutch, French, German. Amedeo also speaks English fluently.