The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f239/)
-   -   Prince Amedeo - News & Pictures, Part 3 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f239/prince-amedeo-news-and-pictures-part-3-a-14696.html)

Marengo 11-09-2007 05:21 AM

Prince Amedeo - News & Pictures, Part 3

Welcome to the 3rd thread for Prince Amedeo of Belgium' current news and pictures.

The previous thread can be found here.
Please post current news and pictures of Prince Amedeo of Belgium, Archduke of Austria-Este in this thread.

While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines :
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
And before posting also remember that:[LIST]

indian princess 11-10-2007 02:00 AM

i read in a previous thread that the belgian royal family members is part of the opus dei. so maybe he is too as i guess that his parents are part of it as well

Princess_Catarina 11-25-2007 03:36 PM

When Prince Amedeo marries, what titles would his wife and children have?

elisabetteke 11-25-2007 04:13 PM

this is Amedeo's title: HIRH Prince Amedeo Marie Joseph Carl Pierre Philippe Paola Marcus d'Aviano, Prince of Belgium, Prince Imperial and Archduke of Austria-Este, Prince Royal of Hungary and Bohemia, Hereditary Duke of Modena (he has so many names and titles)

I think this will be the title of his wife: HIRH Princess (name) Princess of Belgium, Princess Imperial and Archduches of Austria-Este, Princess Royal of Hungary and Bohemia, (Hereditary Duchess of Modena).

His children will get the same titles, I think. I only think they will not get the Prince, Princess of Belgium title because there is only a very small chance that they ever get on the Belgium throne. Probably the oldest son of Amedeo will become the next Hereditary Duke of Modena.

That's what I think but I'm not a genaeology expert.

audrey2731 11-25-2007 08:25 PM

There's a small article about him "graduating" in the military or something like that. It's in the Royals magazine. sorry, don't really remember what it said. but there are a few mentions of his mom though. she went to Africa. the article is quite interesting.

indian princess 11-26-2007 04:31 AM

could you state what it said about him?

audrey2731 11-26-2007 12:32 PM

just that he graduated. that he's going to the same school as his sister and that his mother was there for the ceremony. it was just a picture with a small legend next to it.

sorry, that's pretty much it!

Catinich 11-28-2007 03:08 PM

Just discoverd him!

:bang:Sorry, but where exactly have I been all this time... He looks like a real PRINCE, if you know what I mean! In a good way of course!!!

kaydura0717 11-29-2007 05:13 PM

I wish we had pics of him running the marathon. But congrats to them that race is like 26 miles long and it goes through all 5 boroughs. Some people don't finish it until the next day.

elisabetteke 12-03-2007 02:11 PM

On this site there are new pictures of Prince Amedeo (at least I had not seen them yet). Does anyone knows who are the four girls with him on the picture?

Picture

there are two more pictures op this site: https://www.xenialberto.weddingwindow.com/index.html

(you have to go to " photoalbum" then click the link. The pictures of Amedeo are in the third Album (22.09.2007)

Princess_Catarina 12-03-2007 04:17 PM

I haven't seen this photo. Who are those girls?

marilyne 12-03-2007 04:36 PM

I dont know who the first girl is but are the two girls standing next to him the daughters of Prince Nikolaus (Liechtenstein) and Princess Margaretha (Luxembourg. And the girl on the right, is she the daughter of Princess Marie-Astrid from Luxembourg? I am sorry, but I dont know their names...

elisabetteke 12-03-2007 05:06 PM

Marilyne thank you for your answer. I think you right about the three girls. I have been looking at some pictures. They are Maria Annunciata and Marie Astrid, daughters of Prince Nikolaus and Princess Margaretha and Marie Christine, daughter of Prince Carl Christian and Princess Marie-Astrid.
Is there anyone who knows who the "mystery" girl on the left is?
At this site (see post#17) in the third Album, on the fifth row the second picture is a picture of Prince Amedeo at the table. This "mysterygirl" is sitting at his right side. (Could she be his girlfriend?)

Marie7 12-03-2007 05:55 PM

I think the girl on the left is Prince Jean of Luxembourg's daughter, Princess Marie-Gabrielle. I think I've seen a picture of her before and it looks like her. I might be wrong but it would make sense with all the cousins there.

Marengo 12-03-2007 07:34 PM

From what I can recall after last seeing Countess Marie-Gabrielle during the funeral of the late Grand DUchess of Luxembourg, she is taller than the girl on the picture, as tall as her cousins anyway. The others indeed seem the 3 Marieīs ;).

elisabetteke 12-04-2007 06:21 AM

here is a link to a picture of Marie-Gabrielle at the funeral of Josephine-Charlotte.
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...5&d=1105802538
I do not think that the girl on the left of Amedeo is Marie-Gabrielle. I think this girl looks like she is not used to such events and I think that Marie-Gabrielle is used to it. But that's only what I think and I could be wrong.
Does anyone has a better and an updated picture of Marie-Gabrielle so you can see better if it's her?

marie45se 12-04-2007 12:56 PM

Well I donīt either now who the brunette is, it might be an Habsburg. Mayby cousin on his father side. The other girls are as youīve already wrote. Marie-Annuciata, Marie-Astrid of Liechtenstein and Marie-Christine of Habsburg

Catinich 12-04-2007 07:25 PM

Are the Liechtenstein Maries twins? Why did they all name them Marie, any famous Queen by the name Marie?
Anyway, I do not think that the brunette to the left is his gf, If she was their body language would be different. And lets not forget that Amedeo really knows how to keep his private life private, so he would IMO only bring her to events that matters the most to him. This one does not seem to be one of them. I could be wrong.

fearghas 12-05-2007 05:00 AM

I always thought the naming of Marie was a Catholic thing, after all these are three devout Catholic families

cvt 12-13-2007 03:25 PM

Do you know what kind of study Prince Amedeo is doing on London School of Economics?

Whatis the name of the the bank where Prince Lorenz is working, and in which place is that bank?

indian princess 12-14-2007 01:47 AM

i only know that he's doing economics

sorry management

kaydura0717 12-16-2007 07:05 PM

Does anyone know if he'll go to grad school like business school or will he go straight into his profession?

thepentacle 12-17-2007 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvt (Post 704592)
Do you know what kind of study Prince Amedeo is doing on London School of Economics?

Whatis the name of the the bank where Prince Lorenz is working, and in which place is that bank?

The name of the bank is "E.Gutzwiller & Cie"& is located in Basle (Swiss). They mainly deal in Investment and Asset Management for clients having atleast CHF 250,000 which is approximately USD 216,000. Amedeo's father is one of the four partners. So I think he'll be having no problem in jumping into the finance profession directly! :cool:

stephanievl 12-26-2007 06:06 AM

Prince Amedeo attends the Christmas midnight mess at Saint Michel & Gudule / Sint Michiels & Goedele Cathedral in Brussels, celebrated by Cardinal Godfried Danneels on Tuesday 25 December 2007.

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

kaydura0717 12-26-2007 02:31 PM

His hair is long again. I swaer his hair looks different in every pic I see of him, one time its short then another its long. Is that the only pic?

elisabetteke 12-26-2007 05:52 PM

yes I think so too that is hair looks different in every picture. But with short or long hair he stays a handsome young man. (although I like him more with longer hair).

PrincessofEurope 12-27-2007 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elisabetteke (Post 697445)
this is Amedeo's title: HIRH Prince Amedeo Marie Joseph Carl Pierre Philippe Paola Marcus d'Aviano, Prince of Belgium, Prince Imperial and Archduke of Austria-Este, Prince Royal of Hungary and Bohemia, Hereditary Duke of Modena (he has so many names and titles)

i never realised that he had so many titles but also all his names- he has more than Princess Elizabeth their future queen :lol:

Amedo Marie Joseph Carl Pierre Philippe Paola Marcus d'Aviano

do any members know where these names come from or is there a special reason for some of them i know all belgian royal childen have Marie in their names

kaydura0717 12-27-2007 08:29 PM

I think the Marie part is a catholic thing like french for the Virgin Mary

Rice 12-27-2007 10:28 PM

I think all of the members of the Belgian Royal Family have "marie" as part of their name???? But, I may be wrong.

indian princess 12-28-2007 04:07 AM

he looks like a better lookin version of pierre casiraghi.....:D

Hannelore 12-28-2007 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaydura0717 (Post 709333)
I think the Marie part is a catholic thing like french for the Virgin Mary

Yes, it's a reference to Mary, the mother of Jezus. She's very popular in the catholic church and incarnates motherlove for many catholics. Astrid and Philippe used the name "Marie" in all of their children's names.

Rihga 12-28-2007 06:20 PM

I think I have to agree with you there Indian Princess. He does look like a better looking version of Pierre.

Hannelore 12-29-2007 09:59 AM

I think he doesn't look like Pierre at all, also his personality is very different (thank god).

Rihga 12-29-2007 01:58 PM

Amedeo, thankfully, is much more discreet than Pierre. He also isn't a notorious womanizer like Pierre. Well that we know of ;)

indian princess 12-30-2007 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannelore (Post 709856)
I think he doesn't look like Pierre at all, also his personality is very different (thank god).

i was referring to that one picture only......and yeah thank god they're so different....amedeo wins hands down over pierre anyday

Shikha Pal 01-01-2008 03:30 AM

Hi Ppl
I am new to this website and i recently Seen the pics of Prince Amedeo Becoming a army officer in Belgium

but i don't know how to put those pics on this tread , can some one pls pls help me to put those pics on this tread?

Warren 01-01-2008 05:15 AM

Hello Shikha Pal
Due to the copyright law (see the Membership FAQ), pictures can't be posted directly to the threads. Instead, you can provide the url link to the site where the pics can be found, or you can host them in one of the free image-hosting accounts such as Photobucket, and post the link to the picture.
If, after reading the FAQ, you still have questions please PM one of the moderators or administrators for assistance.

Shikha Pal 01-01-2008 07:52 AM

But still i can help u out to see those pics.
Go to Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected , and then u type (in search) Prince Amedeo Of Belgium ,then u see the pics of him , and then to enlarge the pic u should click on that pic

Shikha Pal 01-02-2008 02:31 AM

Any latest news about him?

Does any one know how many and what r the languages does Prince Amedeo speak?

Image of Prince Amedeo Writes Exam - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here r some pics of him becoming a Army officer

Amedeo.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PrinceAmedeopic3.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PrinceAmedeopic4.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PrinceAmedeopic5.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PrinceAmedeoPic6.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PrinceAmedeopic7.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PrinceAmedeopic8.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PrinceAmedeopic9.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PrinceAmedeopic10.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PrinceAmedeopic14.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PrinceAmedeopic15.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PrinceAmedeopic16.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

thepentacle 01-04-2008 11:42 PM

thanks for the pics shikha!! they were awesome!
he looks really good here :wub:

PrinceAmedeopic10.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and this pic is so sweet!! :flowers:

PrinceAmedeopic15.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

he looks really really tall than the other cadets!!

Shikha Pal 01-05-2008 02:47 AM

Ur Welcome thepentacle, I am glad u like them
Here r some more pics
https://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...d/77060350.jpg

indian princess 01-05-2008 02:59 AM

i think he must be over 6ft tall.....he looks like it in the pics

Shikha Pal 01-05-2008 07:09 AM

Yea, u r right Indian Princess, i think he is 6 ft 5 inches tall.

Here comes more pics
https://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...d/77060348.jpg
https://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...d/77060326.jpg
https://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...d/77060315.jpg
https://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...d/77060309.jpg
https://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...d/77060301.jpg
https://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...d/77060297.jpg
https://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...d/77057725.jpg
https://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...d/77057716.jpg

oxygen 01-05-2008 07:38 PM

6'5"?!

My goodness. *fans self*

Anyway, I wouldn't put him at that tall. He looks to be around 6'2 - 6'3. Definitely over 6', though.

Shikha Pal 01-06-2008 02:48 AM

He became a Army officer in September 2007.

stephanievl 01-06-2008 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shikha Pal (Post 711114)
Any latest news about him?

Does any one know how many and what r the languages does Prince Amedeo speak?

He speaks Fench with his mother and German with his father is assume, went to a dutch speaking school and now he studies in England! So these languages he speaks perfect! Maybe he also speaks Italian as his grandmother but I am not sure of that!

LadyK 01-07-2008 01:01 PM

In the interest of protecting and preserving Prince Amadeo's privacy, I've deleted information about his facebook profile and membership at other social networking sites. Our forums' rules state:
Quote:

Please respect the privacy of royals and other public figures, as well as other members of this forum. Personal information that may invade their privacy, such as the posting of private phone numbers or addresses, will be deleted
Any further discussion of Amadeo's facebook profile or other social networking sites will be deleted.

Shikha Pal 01-10-2008 01:24 AM

Thank You Stephanievl, wow he speaks so many languages.
Well he looks r the younger version of his father, i think when his father was Prince Amedeo 's age he looked like Prince Amedeo.

princesslily 01-10-2008 04:01 AM

Is he single?

elisabetteke 01-10-2008 05:21 AM

nowbody knows if he has a girlfriend.
I read in a magazine that even his mother does not know anything about that (but that's just a magazine),that her son is very private about what's going on in his lovelife.

Shikha Pal 01-14-2008 11:19 AM

Somewhere i have read that Prince Amedeo of Belgium is currently doing his military service

princesslily 01-14-2008 07:25 PM

At Sandhurst?

Shikha Pal 01-14-2008 11:36 PM

well i just read that he is doing his military service but is wasn't mention where is he doing his military service.

indian princess 01-16-2008 02:37 AM

he's in london finishing college....about his miitary service he just became a reserved officer but other than that i guess he's finishing off his studies for now.

royalwatcher77 01-16-2008 06:43 PM

hey i know this is random and a dunb question but im new here and have such an intrest in royals. i was wondering if there are any interviews or footage of amedeo?

Marengo 01-17-2008 05:12 PM

Dear members,

1) Prince Amedeo has no girlfriend that the press knows of.
2) Amedeo is studying at the London School of Economics.
3) He is a reserve officer in the Belgian army.
4) He is a catholic, his parents are said to be members of the charismatic movement within the Catholic church.

Questions by any of the posters that can be answered by one of the four remarks we listed above will be deleted without further notice. This way we keep this thread pleasant to read and not a repetition of the same questions. We also kindly ask you to limit the amount of remarks on his looks and that you do not ask for pictures, information and such. The prince is not much in the public eye, the focus will be on his cousins, the children of the Duke and Duchess of Brabant.

Regards,

the Belgian Moderators

Shikha Pal 01-17-2008 11:37 PM

r the people from the Charismatic movement protestants or Roman Catholics

Eloise 01-18-2008 07:47 AM

i think they are protestants or less in my country but i'm not so shure

Marengo 01-18-2008 09:38 AM

His parents are catholic, the charismatic movement is a movement within the catholic church. Further discussion on the religion of Amedeo, his parents or other members of the Belgian RF can be hold in this thread where you can find more information about the topic too. Here a page about the charismatic movement.

thepentacle 01-21-2008 06:43 AM

Pisceans are normally considered to be daydreamers..
But Amedeo seems to be firmly grounded, never giving any chance for gossips circulating about him..:smile:

Pisceans are also considered very shy, they remain aloof and respect privacy from others in the same measure as they give it..
Considering all the above facts, Amedeo is definitely a true blue Piscean!!

thepentacle 01-22-2008 05:43 AM

These are not exactly baby pics of him but found some of him when he was 10 or 11, I think:

https://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/Pri...os/browse/fe6d

https://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/Pri...os/browse/5fd0

https://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/Pri...os/browse/cb66

indian princess 01-22-2008 10:58 AM

there were some pics of him as a baby i the earlier threads cuz i remember seeing them.....if someone could post them it would be great.....n of what i remember from his pics he was one those babies who you would totally feel like grabbig and kissing:)

elisabetteke 01-23-2008 05:04 AM

he is not a baby here. It's a picture with the birth of his brother prince Joachim. Amedeo was 5 years old.
Prince Joachim

Rihga 01-30-2008 06:55 PM

I was looking at articles this past weekend and I saw that Amedeo is now an LSE Alum. Has he graduated or is this another rumor?

Shikha Pal 01-30-2008 11:49 PM

Where did u read that Article Righa?

royalwatcher77 01-31-2008 11:53 AM

i think he has one more year in london.

Rihga 01-31-2008 06:13 PM

I can't remember where I read it. I was just looking at websites on the internet and I saw it. I wish I could remember the site.

Shikha Pal 02-01-2008 12:47 AM

by the way what does LSE Alum mean

marie45se 02-01-2008 05:15 AM

LSE is London School of Economic but Alum I donīt know what it stands for. I read an article about his mom from Svensk damtidning. He studies Economic and Sinology, which is a Chinese laungage and culture which is the same his sister studies.

royalwatcher77 02-01-2008 11:54 AM

so his sister goes to LSE too?

mizzy2006 02-01-2008 12:42 PM

Is it Alum stand for Alumni? And his sister is in China if I'm not mistaken...:rolleyes:

Rihga 02-01-2008 01:11 PM

An alum is someone who has graduated from the institution where they are studying.

marie45se 02-02-2008 03:56 AM

No, she is not studing in China accordon to the article with her mom, she was in China for 3 weeks chorus but she studies in London but Princess Astrid didnīt say which school in London.

stephanievl 02-03-2008 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuchessCharlotte (Post 725145)
And about Maria Laura...I think she is attending SOAS in London, which is one of the colleges of the University of London

you can read everything about Maria Laura in het own topic!

* Last year she went to London, where also her bother Amedeo is studying. she choose for a bahelor education in management and Chineese language at the "School of oriental and African studies"
SOAS: Study Asia, Africa & Middle East at University of London, SOAS

* Nowedays Maria Laura is in China where she is folowing an 8months during intesive language course Chinese.

Marengo 02-22-2008 08:57 AM

This thread has been cleaned up and is reopened. All remarks about the Facebook or former Facebook account of Prince Amedeo or a supposed Prince Amedeo have been deleted due to privacy rules we have at TRF.

For general remarks and questions about Prince Amedeo you can go to the FAQ thread, which you can find here. This thread is reserved for News and Events of the Prince, which aren't too many at the moment. Any post that is not related to news and events in this thread will be deleted by the Belgian Moderators.

royalwatcher77 02-25-2008 06:52 PM

yay! its reopened! happy late birthday amedeo. so he's 22 now right?

indian princess 02-25-2008 10:16 PM

yeah he turned 22......i was hoping for some pictures...do any of the belgian members know if there was a photoshoot?

Moonmaiden23 02-26-2008 03:09 PM

I was flipping through old issues of Paris Match last weekend and saw two VERY funny and adorable photos of Amadeo when he was very little. The first one was taken in April 1990 at a family birthday party for Prince Philippe...Philippe was leaning over to blow out the candles on his cake and there was little Amadeo right at the table with him..his head barely reached the top of the table but the way he was eyeing that cake made me laugh! He obviously expected the first piece!

Then there was one from the same year in September at King Baudouin's 60th birthday party at The Palace of Brussels. Baudouin was cutting the cake with help from a footman and Queen Fabiola-and there was little Amadeo peering over the table with the same gleam in his eye! It was so cute...I wish I knew how to scan photos from magazines!

He was an adorable little boy.

royalwatcher77 02-26-2008 06:26 PM

haha those sound like funny pictures. I hope there are pictures also. Were there any for his 21 birthday?

royalwatcher77 02-26-2008 06:29 PM

i just thought i would also add this picture of him when he was little. i know its probably been posted but i just think he was so cute.
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8&d=1059412833

Shikha Pal 02-27-2008 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royalwatcher77 (Post 734376)
i just thought i would also add this picture of him when he was little. i know its probably been posted but i just think he was so cute.
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8&d=1059412833

he looks nice in this Picture but where was this Picture taken?

royalwatcher77 02-28-2008 06:39 PM

I'm not sure I got it from an old thread that had lots of pictures of him growing up.

Shikha Pal 03-01-2008 03:58 AM

Hey people
go to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. and then u type Prince Amedeo, video no.1 ,3,5 and 8 , there are pics of Prince Amedeo in those videos, in video no. 1
u find pics only of Prince Amedeo

monica17 03-01-2008 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rihga (Post 709921)
Amedeo, thankfully, is much more discreet than Pierre. He also isn't a notorious womanizer like Pierre. Well that we know of ;)

Well, I'm just new to this Prince Amedeo thread.... but interesting that you guys compare him to Pierre Casiraghi. Because they are distantly related to each other. Two of Count Werner de Merode's daughters, Louise Caroline Ghislaine and Antoinette, married Charles Emmanuel, Prince dal Pozzo dalla Cisterna and Prince Charles III of Monaco of Monaco, respectively. Louise and Charles Emmanuel would have one child, Maria Vittoria, who married Amadeo I and from whom Margherita of Savoy is directly descended from. Of course, Margherita is the mother of Archduke Lorenz and Prince Amedeo's grandmother. Antoinette and Charles III had Albert II, who is the great-great-great grandfather of Pierre Casiraghi.

Prince Amedeo looks so tall. Is this a a family trait among the Savoys or on other sides of the family? When his ancestor, Amedeo (his namesake and great grandfather) the 3rd Duke of Savoy, was addressed as "your highness" he was said to have replied, "6 feet 6 inches tall"... and he was very good looking, too, and very gallant it was said. I think Prince Amedeo of Belgium looks very royal, but looks also very um, unassuming. A very good combination, I'd say. :smile:

Shikha Pal 03-01-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monica17 (Post 735969)
Well, I'm just new to this Prince Amedeo thread.... but interesting that you guys compare him to Pierre Casiraghi. Because they are distantly related to each other. Two of Count Werner de Merode's daughters, Louise Caroline Ghislaine and Antoinette, married Charles Emmanuel, Prince dal Pozzo dalla Cisterna and Prince Charles III of Monaco of Monaco, respectively. Louise and Charles Emmanuel would have one child, Maria Vittoria, who married Amadeo I and from whom Margherita of Savoy is directly descended from. Of course, Margherita is the mother of Archduke Lorenz and Prince Amedeo's grandmother. Antoinette and Charles III had Albert II, who is the great-great-great grandfather of Pierre Casiraghi.

Prince Amedeo looks so tall. Is this a a family trait among the Savoys or on other sides of the family? When his ancestor, Amedeo (his namesake and great grandfather) the 3rd Duke of Savoy, was addressed as "your highness" he was said to have replied, "6 feet 6 inches tall"... and he was very good looking, too, and very gallant it was said. I think Prince Amedeo of Belgium looks very royal, but looks also very um, unassuming. A very good combination, I'd say. :smile:

Prince Amedeo "s father is also tall. Prince Amedeo maybe as tall as his great grand father or little less than him.

emmalisa 03-01-2008 04:23 PM

I think prince Amedeo is very handsome! He reminds me of a young king Leopold III, his great grandfather.

LadyK 03-01-2008 04:54 PM

Amadeo is between 6'1 and 6'3 (185 to 190 cm)

For basic info like this, check out the Prince Amadeo FAQ

alterego 03-01-2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monica17 (Post 735969)
When his ancestor, Amedeo (his namesake and great grandfather) the 3rd Duke of Savoy, was addressed as "your highness" he was said to have replied, "6 feet 6 inches tall"... and he was very good looking, too, and very gallant it was said.

Well, he was a prince of Savoia, but he was actually the 3rd Duke of Aosta instead of Duke of Savoy. ;)

monica17 03-02-2008 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alterego (Post 736096)
Well, he was a prince of Savoia, but he was actually the 3rd Duke of Aosta instead of Duke of Savoy. ;)

Oh, you're right... Duke of Aosta. I'm just new to this House of Savoy and on Prince Amedeo. Also, my previous post should have read "Antoinette and Charles III had Albert I", Pierre's great-great-great grandfather. Albert II is his uncle.

royalwatcher77 03-02-2008 06:11 PM

I'm reading this book about princess Mary and there is this whole chapter about how she visted Albert the first of belgium. Oddy enough it has more information on him than mary. Any way I saw alot of similarities between him and Amedeo from looks to personality.

royalwatcher77 03-31-2008 10:07 PM

im not really sure about any of that. if you want to read about it the book is "matriarch." but its not about the belgium family. so im not sure where to go if you want to know more about them.

indian princess 04-11-2008 05:14 AM

so are we expecting any new picures then? i hope they have a photo session or something...its been ages since we had a new picture of him...

princesslily 04-11-2008 05:49 AM

^ Yes, press photos of him at his graduation ceremony but that is not until July/August. Last year of uni is most stressful so more than likely we won't see any of him at public events, but I could be wrong.

indian princess 04-11-2008 11:24 AM

well thats ok then....its good that he's hard at studing....he does everything that is expected of a prince and he sets a good example for some others who do nothing but stumble out drunk from nightclubs and wonder where in the world their next holiday is going to be......ummm i'm sure names must be coming up in people's minds right now:whistling:

indian princess 06-09-2008 11:47 AM

can anyone post a link to the pics of amedeo from the queen elizabeth musical competition 2008? he was looking amazingly handsome there.

royalwatcher77 06-17-2008 06:38 PM

heres a link to it.
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8-a-17257.html

kaydura0717 06-20-2008 10:57 PM

Did he graduate yet?

LadyLeana 06-21-2008 01:53 PM

I believe he has a "presentation ceremony" on 17th of July, but apparently this is not exactly a graduation ceremony. The students are required to wear those typical gowns, but they do not receive their certificates yet. Maybe the real graduation ceremony is only in September, after resits? (That's how it happens at my Belgian university anyway)
Any British forum members who can explain this system?
source: July 2008 Presentation Ceremonies

cosette minette 06-21-2008 04:53 PM

What Languages do the royal family of Belgium speak?:flowers:

DuchessCharlotte 06-22-2008 12:53 AM

Dutch, French, German. Amedeo also speaks English fluently.