The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f241/)
-   -   King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 6: Oct 2007 - Sept 2008 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f241/king-carl-xvi-gustaf-and-queen-silvia-current-events-part-6-oct-2007-sept-2008-a-14579.html)

Marengo 10-26-2007 07:21 AM

King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 6: Oct 2007 - Sept 2008

Welcome to the 12th thread for King Carl XVI Gustav and Queen Silvia of Sweden' current events.

The previous thread can be found here.
Please post current news and pictures of King Carl XVI Gustav and Queen Silvia in this thread.

While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines :
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.

GrandDuchess 10-26-2007 09:52 AM

The Queen's name is Silvia, not Sylvia. The last thread got the name right.

Marengo 10-26-2007 10:07 AM

Thank you for your friendly correction, I have changed the name of the queen.

iceflower 10-29-2007 12:48 PM

Pics 27.10.2007

Here are some pics of a visit King Carl Gustav made on
Saturday, 27 October 2007 to a military event:

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 *

Silvia❦CarlGustaf 11-03-2007 02:02 PM

:rofl:not current, but have you ever heard this song? :question:

YouTube - Kjerstin Dellert Björn, Benny O, min Carl Gustaf

LadyFinn 11-07-2007 01:46 PM

King Carl Gustaf visited today the field hospital at northern Swedish town Lulea. The military maneuver Nordic Resolution 2007 with troops from the Nordic Battle Group participating.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

LadyFinn 11-10-2007 03:53 AM

King Carl Gustaf is visiting Washington.
Phil Sharp (L), President of Resources for the Future, and Vyacheslav Sinyugin (R) of RusHydro, listen to King Carl Gustaf speak during a climate change seminar at the National Press Club in Washington. King joined industry leaders to speak about steps they are taking and think need to be taken to protect against climate change.
ANP Beeldbank
The King speaks
ANP Beeldbank

ursulajohanna 11-15-2007 10:30 AM

Today the king and queen visit Gothenburg for "Temadag Integration". Here a link by visit "Bergsjön school":

https://www.gp.se/gp/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=113&a=382590

LadyFinn 11-15-2007 01:57 PM

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden during a visit to an immigrant school in Gothenburg
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Marengo 11-15-2007 07:37 PM

Do they have special schools for immigrants in Sweden?

marie45se 11-16-2007 07:26 AM

We have a few school for immigrants but most immigrants goes in normal school in Sweden. We have a French and English school in Stockholm at least I think they lying there. I´m not so familiar with these schools. I haven´t heard much about them. But many ambassadours kids goes in these kind of schools I think.

LadyFinn 11-17-2007 02:06 AM

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia met with Austrian journalist at the Royal Palace in Stockholm, November 16, 2007. The Swedish Royal couple is visiting Austria next week during a State Visit.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

LadyFinn 11-26-2007 01:55 PM

King Carl Gustaf met Liberia's president Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf at a private audience at the Royal Palace today:
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
The president has a very nice outfit.

Marengo 11-26-2007 09:16 PM

What is the president doing in Stockholm? I suppose it isnt an Official Visit or a State Visit as we would have seen all the tralala, so attending a conference maybe?

LadyFinn 11-27-2007 02:07 PM

The president is at an official visit in Sweden. More info:
allAfrica.com: Home

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia of visited today (29/11) the Swedish Trade Union Confederation to get information about the ongoing national wage negotiations. It was the first time in 30 years that the king visited the STUC.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

acegirl1978 11-28-2007 07:58 PM

Just love the way the Queen looked at her husband.......they are very much still in love..........

LadyFinn 12-04-2007 02:35 PM

Queen Silvia opened today an exposition of old time christmas flower decorations at Drottningholm Palace
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Close ups of the Queen
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

LadyFinn 12-14-2007 02:59 PM

Queen Silvia stands in a window of the Royal Palace in Stockholm, Thursday Dec. 13 2007. The window was opened to represent the 13:th day of the real life Advent calendar, a tradition in the Old Town where the Palace is situated. The Queen welcomed the people who had gathered in front of the Palace and as the 13:th of December is the Lucia day in Sweden the Lucia Jeanette Köhn and a trio sang Christmas carols.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Lucia Jeanette Köhn and a trio sang Christmas carols.
ANP Beeldbank

LadyFinn 12-14-2007 03:02 PM

Queen Silvia receives christmas trees from students at SLU (Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences) at the courtyard of the Royal Palace today.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

LadyFinn 12-15-2007 03:51 PM

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia were today present at a ceremony in Jukkasjarvi in the north of Sweden to mark the end of the Carl von Linné jubilee year.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Looks like it´s quite cold in Jukkasjarvi, they have really warm clothes on.

hrhcp 12-16-2007 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 705350)
Looks like it´s quite cold in Jukkasjarvi, they have really warm clothes on.

But wouldn't you agree that the cold is a good excuse for the Queen to wear her nice, long, beautiful fur coat?

To my eyes, the King looks a bit fatigued. Did they take the train, or fly? They still get the month of January off, don't they?

LadyFinn 12-16-2007 03:37 AM

I would hope that the queen wouldn´t wear fur at all.

Here´s a little article from Jukkasjärvi:
Kungen och Drottningen i Jukkasjärvi/Sveriges Radio

The article says that yesterday evening there was a big birthday party at the Ice Hotel in Jukkasjärvi. There were fireworks, dinner at a big ice hall, minus 5 grades Celcius and 400 guests to celebrate Carl von Linné, there has gone 300 years about his birth 1707.
This was a closing to the Year of Linne. Among the guests there were some Nobel Laureates of this year, and also the King and Queen Silvia.

Silvia❦CarlGustaf 12-16-2007 06:28 AM

I can remember the royal family went to an icehotel in 2003, before the queen's 60th birthday!
was it the icehotel in Jukkasjaväri?

hrhcp 12-16-2007 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 705465)
I would hope that the queen wouldn´t wear fur at all.

Most of the royal ladies wear fur coats. I don't see what the matter with that is. After all, I eat beef, and wear shoes made of leather.

Besides, the best fashion houses, imho, are those that are based in the colder climates.

Quote:

...celebrate [the closing to the Year of] Carl von Linné, there has gone 300 years about his birth 1707.
I never heard of this gentleman. What did he do?

norwegianne 12-16-2007 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrhcp (Post 705559)
Most of the royal ladies wear fur coats. I don't see what the matter with that is. After all, I eat beef, and wear shoes made of leather.

Besides, the best fashion houses, imho, are those that are based in the colder climates.

I never heard of this gentleman. What did he do?

Carl Linné: Carl Linnaeus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LadyFinn 12-16-2007 01:03 PM

More photos from Jukkasjärvi:
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Kungaparet firade i ishotellet/Norländska Socialdemokraten
Photo/NSD
Photo/NSD
Photo/NSD

Iskallt mingel när Linnéåret firades ut/unt.se
Pampig Linnéfinal/Norrbottens Kuriren

LadyFinn 12-17-2007 12:03 PM

Here´s a video about Queen Silvia receiving christmas trees
Julen är räddad/Svensk Damtidning/Video

I haven´t found any photos from Kiruna, ursulajohanna. I´ll keep on searching.

ursulajohanna 12-19-2007 05:57 AM

Yesterday evening, the queen celebrate a concert for chairman Star School project in Cirkus/Djurgarden!

royalcourt has publish information (with a picture of Jul-exhibition!!!)
Drottningen närvarade vid konsert för Star School Project - Kungahuset [NS4 version]

Who has seen pictures of the concert resp. arrival the guests!

LadyFinn 01-12-2008 01:21 PM

Photos of making the interview of the King and the Queen to the TV-document of the year 2007 of the Royal Family, made on the 4th of December
Agneta Bolme Börjefors, king Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå

Silvia❦CarlGustaf 01-21-2008 02:47 PM

Are there no picture of the official events today?

I think it is a pitty that we see only few number of pictures of the swedish royal family! Maybe it'll change when the royal siblings get married!

Here is a link with pictures from the wedding of Annika Middelschulte who's Queen Silvia's godchild (I don't know if this is the right word):

Salzburg Life - ein salzburg.com weblog

click on Mehr Bilder von der Hochzeit

Hanna Regina 01-21-2008 02:59 PM

Is the bride a sister of Amelie Middelschulte, who was a flower girl at Queen Silvia's wedding to King Carl Gustaf?

Stefanie 01-21-2008 03:29 PM

Oh my God -Silvia seems to have been lifted!!!:eek:

alola 01-21-2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefanie (Post 719401)
Oh my God -Silvia seems to have been lifted!!!:eek:

I like, her face, vey much

Silvia❦CarlGustaf 01-22-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanna Regina (Post 719388)
Is the bride a sister of Amelie Middelschulte, who was a flower girl at Queen Silvia's wedding to King Carl Gustaf?

Yes, the daughter of Beate middelschulte was a flower girl at the wedding of Queen Silvia and King carl Gustaf! I think the name of this girl is Annika and not Amelie, but may I'm wrong.
Does someone know it exactly??

Hanna Regina 01-22-2008 03:10 PM

The brides name was Annika, but I'm pretty sure the flower girl from Silvias wedding was called Amelie, which is also one of Princess Madeleine's middle names. I thought maybe this friend of the Queen has more children? The article didn't state anything about brothers and sisters of the bride.
My mother has a book about Queen Silvia from the early eighties with several pictures of the wedding, and this flower girl is called Amelie several times in the text. I've always wondered who she is, since the other children are all nephews and nieces of the King and Queen, but now I might have an answer!!

Silvia❦CarlGustaf 01-23-2008 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanna Regina (Post 719890)
The brides name was Annika, but I'm pretty sure the flower girl from Silvias wedding was called Amelie, which is also one of Princess Madeleine's middle names. I thought maybe this friend of the Queen has more children? The article didn't state anything about brothers and sisters of the bride.
My mother has a book about Queen Silvia from the early eighties with several pictures of the wedding, and this flower girl is called Amelie several times in the text. I've always wondered who she is, since the other children are all nephews and nieces of the King and Queen, but now I might have an answer!!

You are right! I've mixed it up with the name of the bride!:rofl:
there are more photos of these event from International Press Agency(IPA), but I can't find them! Has someone found any other photos of the wedding?

iceflower 01-23-2008 10:57 AM

Pics 23.1.2008

STOCKHOLM 2008-01-23. Today a presentation of scholarships
from the Queen Silvia Jubilee Fund for research on children and
handicaps was held at the Royal Palace, Stockholm.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

LadyFinn 01-29-2008 02:31 PM

King Carl Gustaf presented Medals at the Royal Palace today, Queen Silvia was also there
Article and photos:
Medaljregn över samhällsnyttiga/Svenska Dagbladet

Silvia❦CarlGustaf 02-01-2008 08:43 AM

On last sunday King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia attended a gala dinner for the Royal Swedish Academy of Agriculture and Forestry at Stockholm City Hall!
Here is a link with beautiful pictures of the event:

Kungl. Skogs och Lantbruksakademien - den naturliga mötesplatsen för forskare och praktiker!

Click on "Commemorative Meeting of the Academy"!

iceflower 02-08-2008 02:35 AM

Pics 5.2.2008

Queen Silvia of Sweden inaugurated a new school, the Bromma
Gymasium, in Stockholm, Sweden, February 5, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

LadyFinn 02-09-2008 02:02 PM

Kungen på skidsemester - då festade Silvia med väninnorna/Expressen
Photo of Queen Silvia

Expressen tells that king Carl Gustaf is this weeking on a skiing trip to Swiss Alps with his friends. Queen Silvia was in a concert last night with her friends and after the concert the ladies went to Teatergrillen. The Queen said that the concert was very good, they had a new conductor, Gustavo Dudamel from Venezuela.

LadyFinn 02-13-2008 11:34 AM

King Carl Gustaf visited today the Biathlon World Championships in Ostersund, Tuesdays competitions at the Biathlon World has been postponed due to the storm winds.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

iceflower 02-18-2008 04:28 AM

Pics 15.2.2008

Quote:

Originally Posted by ursulajohanna (Post 730307)
Why don't we see pictures of the last official events from the queen?

1. "Inspirationsday Silviahemmet" in Folketshus (only info/little pic by royalcourt) 14th February
2. charity gala "Johanniterorden" Grand Hotel 14th February
3. opening new "Demenzcenter" Stockholm - 15th February

Here are some pics of the opening of the dementia center on Friday:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

ursulajohanna 02-18-2008 06:07 AM

Iceflower, thanks for posting the lovely pictures of opening the dementia center on friday. The queen looks beautiful!

LadyFinn 02-19-2008 01:02 AM

Last night King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia attended the 100 year anniversary of the Royal Dramatic Theatre in Stockholm.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

King Carl Gustaf gave up the Gold Medal of Swedish Dairy Association yesterday, Queen Silvia was also present:
Mjölkbönder fick ta emot medalj av kungen/NWT
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Silvia❦CarlGustaf 02-20-2008 12:16 PM

Here are some more pictures from the 100 years anniversary of the Royal Dramatoc Theatre in Stockholm.

IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

LadyFinn 02-26-2008 10:17 AM

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia attended today the opening of the Same Parliament plenary assembly at the Parliament Building in Stockholm.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

LadyFinn 02-28-2008 02:18 PM

King Carl Gustaf was at the cross country World Cup Royal Palace Sprint in Stockholm yesterday. Here Japan's Madoka Natsumi gets flowers from the the king after taking the third position during the competition, Finland´s Virpi Kuitunen won and Petra Majdic from Slovenia was second.
ANP Beeldbank

Silvia❦CarlGustaf 02-29-2008 01:40 PM

Are there no pictures from the Queen in Las Vegas?

SusanneSNS 03-01-2008 03:31 AM

Silvia in Las Vegas

Getty Images has a series of pictures showing Queen Silvia in Las Vegas, attending the 70th anniversary of the Carlson's Group.
The Queen is wearing the red dress she wore to the Nobel festivities last year.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

ursulajohanna 03-01-2008 04:02 AM

Thank you Susanne for the link to the beautiful pictures of the queen. :flowers:

It's pitty for us to see no pics of arrival the queen in Las Vegas! :ermm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusanneSNS (Post 735898)
Getty Images has a series of pictures showing Queen Silvia in Las Vegas, attending the 70th anniversary of the Carlson's Group.
The Queen is wearing the red dress she wore to the Nobel festivities last year.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

LadyFinn 03-04-2008 02:28 PM

Queen Silvia met the first group of "Heroes of Sharaf" at the Royal Palace in Stockholm Tuesday March 4 2008. "Heroes of Sharaf" is a group of young people working against patriarchal culture.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

LadyFinn 03-05-2008 11:18 AM

King Carl Gustaf met today Speaker of the Latvian parliament, Gundars Daudze, at the Royal Palace in Stockholm.
ANP Beeldbank

ursulajohanna 04-01-2008 10:26 AM

Yesterday, the king and queen attend the Gala "Kungl. Vetenskapsakademiens, Kungl Musikaliska Akademien". Here Info:

www.kva.se

But no pics!?

fanletizia 04-02-2008 06:17 AM

Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan ® meets with Sweden's King Carl XVI Gustaf at the royal palace in Stockholm April 2, 2008

https://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...d4b7fb38dg.jpg

LadyFinn 04-02-2008 11:11 AM

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan together with King Carl Gustaf at the royal palace in Stockholm Wednesday April 02, 2008. Prime Minister Erdogan is in Sweden for a two day official visit to Sweden.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Queen Silvia inaugurated a flower exhibition at the palace theater of the Drottningholm Palace yesterday.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

LadyFinn 04-11-2008 02:25 PM

Queen Silvia of Sweden inaugurated the exhibition "Blue & White" the world´s finest blue-and-white Chinese porcelain at the Mediterranean Museum in Stockholm April 11, 2008. The exhibition has been made possible through a unique loan from the Topkapi Palace Museum and the Museum of Turkish and Islamic Arts in Istanbul
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

LadyFinn 04-18-2008 11:42 AM

Queen Silvia delivers The World´s Childrens Prize for the Rights of the Child to Josefina Condori (third from left) of Peru during an prize ceremony at Gripsholm Castle in Mariefred outside Stockholm April 18, 2008. Josefina Condori, who for 15 years has fought for girls working as maids in the city of Cusco in Peru, often in slave-like conditions. She became a maid herself at the age of seven and was separated from her family.
ANP Beeldbank
Queen Silvia delivers The World´s Childrens Prize for the Rights of the Child to Somaly Mam of Cambodia. Somaly Mam who for 12 years has fought to save girls who are sold as slaves to brothels. Somaly was herself a sex slave as a child. Her struggle has earned her many enemies and death threats. Her own 14 year-old daughter was kidnapped, raped and sold to a brothel.
ANP Beeldbank
Queen Silvia delivers The World´s Childrens Prize for the Rights of the Child to Agnes Stevens, who has fought for homeless children in the USA for 20 years. There are one million homeless children in the USA. Agnes runs School on Wheels for thousands of homeless children, with the help of hundreds of volunteer teachers.
ANP Beeldbank

LadyFinn 04-20-2008 02:28 PM

More great photos of The World´s Childrens Prize
The World´s Childrens Prize

LadyFinn 04-22-2008 01:41 PM

King Carl Gustaf visited today the Monark bicycle factory in Varberg on the Swedish West coast. The company's CEO Salvatore Grimaldi guided the king through the premises
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

LadyFinn 04-24-2008 02:18 PM

King Carl Gustaf attended at seminar "Value-based leadership" at The Royal Palace and handed out three stipends to young leaders Fahrudin Zejnic, , Admir Lukacevic and Robert Kusén.
Sveriges Radio P4/Dolphinsledare får stipendium av Kungen

LadyFinn 05-04-2008 02:23 PM

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia attended at mass with ordination of Bishop, Uppsala Cathedral
Video/Svt

Expressen Västerås/Thomas Söderberg vigd till biskop

ursulajohanna 05-05-2008 03:07 AM

LadyFinn, thanks for the info and links of yesterday in Uppsala - great work of you!

The queen looks beautiful in her pink dress and hat.

LadyFinn 05-17-2008 02:26 PM

On Thursday the King and the Queen were in Uppsala at the theme day on tuberculosis.
Uppsala/Unt.se - Kungen: Viktigt med med information om tbc

LadyFinn 05-29-2008 02:43 PM

The King and the Queen visited Upplands-Bro today:
Svt/photos
Upplands Bro/Lyckad kungabesök i Upplands-Bro

LadyFinn 05-30-2008 12:14 PM

King Carl Gustaf received U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice at a reception at Rosersberg Palace at the end of the first annual review of the International Compact with Iraq in Stockholm on Thursday
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
King Carl Gustaf met Iraq's Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, right, at Rosersberg Palace for a reception at the end of the first annual review of the International Compact with Iraq on Thursday
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Last Sunday the King and the Queen made a surprise visit to Stenhammar
Eskilstuna-Kuriren/Kungligt besök på Stenhammar
Photo

ursulajohanna 05-31-2008 11:00 AM

LadyFinn, thanks for the information about Stenhammardagen. It's nice, that the queen accompany the king to Stenhammar. She wasn't announced in the official calender.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn;
Last Sunday the King and the Queen made a surprise visit to Stenhammar
[URL="https://www.ekuriren.se/ekuriren/standard_artikel.php?id=687892&avdelning_1=102&avdelning_2=109&t=1123631657"
Eskilstuna-Kuriren/Kungligt besök på Stenhammar[/URL]
Photo

Silvia❦CarlGustaf 05-31-2008 12:55 PM

Today the King watched the Porsche Carrera Cup in Karlskogan.
Here are a few pictures:

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

LadyFinn 06-02-2008 12:35 PM

King Carl Gustaf opened WAN’s (World Association of Newspapers) congress today
Göteborgs-Posten/Kungen prisade kinesisk journalist
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå

LadyFinn 06-03-2008 02:12 PM

The King opened the third largest Wind Farm in the World, Lillgrund in Öresund on Tuesday.
Skånskan/Kungen invigde Lillgrund
Dagens Industri/Kungen invigde ny vindkraftspark i Öresund
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

ursulajohanna 06-05-2008 03:23 AM

Yesterday afternoon, the kind and queen celebrated "stipendier ur Stiftelsen Kungaparets Bröllopsfond"!

Stipendieutdelning ur Stiftelsen Kungaparets Bröllopsfond - Kungahuset [NS4 version]

LadyFinn 06-05-2008 01:58 PM

Svenska Handikappidrottsförbundet/Stipendium till förbundet ur Kungaparets Bröllopsfond
The King and the Queen handed out stipends of the Royal Wedding Fund yesterday.

ursulajohanna 06-06-2008 02:54 AM

LadyFinn, it's great you find more information about celebration "Royal wedding fund", thanks very much!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 775506)
Svenska Handikappidrottsförbundet/Stipendium till förbundet ur Kungaparets Bröllopsfond
The King and the Queen handed out stipends of the Royal Wedding Fund yesterday.

Silvia❦CarlGustaf 06-10-2008 02:41 PM

Today there was a official date for Carl Gustaf and Silvia together.
They handed out H.M. the King's Medal. At least I think so.

Here are some pictures:

LadyFinn 06-10-2008 03:02 PM

Yesterday king Carl Gustaf visited European Grassland Federations (EGF) conference "Biodiversity and Animal Feed" in Uppsala
Sveriges Landbruksuniversitet/Kungligt besök på EGF 2008

ursulajohanna 06-19-2008 10:40 AM

Today the royal couple celebrate there 32nd married-day - Great gratulation!!

Where do they spend it???

Silvia❦CarlGustaf 06-21-2008 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ursulajohanna (Post 789104)
Today the royal couple celebrate there 32nd married-day - Great gratulation!!

Where do they spend it???

I think, here is the answer:winkiss:.

Kungaparet på hemlig kärlekssemester - Nyheter - Expressen.se

Expressen

ursulajohanna 06-21-2008 10:58 AM

Thanks for the links!

It's great to see the royal couple in St.Maxime this year.

chamenkoa1 06-22-2008 05:17 PM

would anyone be able to just give me the quick summary of the article?

i would appreciate it very much! thanks!

Avicenna 06-30-2008 04:51 PM

King Carl Gustaf & Crown Princess Victoria shaking hands with prince Salman bin Abdul Aziz al-Saud of Saudi Arabia (he is on a 3-day visit)

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

ursulajohanna 07-01-2008 05:31 AM

Today afternoon the king and queen celebrate "Årets Ölänning" in castle Solliden.
The price take to Anders Nilson, Intendent Öland museum/Himmelsberga!

Here Link with video:

svt.se - Play landningssida

Barometern Oskarshamns-Tidningen (pictures and video)

more pictures from yesterday:

Kalmarbilder.com

LadyFinn 07-01-2008 03:47 PM

WighsNews/Öland: Årets Ölänning

LadyFinn 07-13-2008 11:31 PM

Queen Silvia is having coffee with her brother Ralf Sommerlath at Kaffetorpet, Solliden
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Royal Fan 07-14-2008 12:44 PM

isnt he one of the Childrens Godfather?

Silvia❦CarlGustaf 07-15-2008 09:17 AM

Yes, indeed!
Ralf Sommerlath is the godfather of Victoria.
Nice to see Queen Silvia with her brother in such a situation. They seemed very relaxed.

LadyFinn 07-20-2008 05:11 AM

Photos of the garden in Solliden, the King and the Queen are also in the photos
Svenska Dagbladet/Privat oas

Silvia❦CarlGustaf 07-20-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 801159)
Photos of the garden in Solliden, the King and the Queen are also in the photos
Svenska Dagbladet/Privat oas

Hey Lady Finn!
Thanks for the link to this article! Unfortunately I do not understand any word but the pictures are great. I like the queens outfit. The rubberboots (don't know if it is the right word) are great on her. The King and Queen seemed very relaxed.
Expressen also wirtes about the interview of SvD. Here is the link:
Här odlar Silvia kärleken - Leva & bo - Expressen.se

Silvia❦CarlGustaf 07-29-2008 10:42 AM

Here is an article about the royalcouple. It seems as if they enjoyed an evening in the cafe called "Kaffetorpet"(The same cafe, where Silvia enjoyed a relaxed afternoon with her brother Walther, two weeks ago?). They listend to a concert of Janne Schaffer.

https://www.olandsbladet.se/index.php...text=6&id=9611

Soli Deo Gloria 08-01-2008 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvia❦CarlGustaf (Post 799286)
Yes, indeed!
Ralf Sommerlath is the godfather of Victoria.
Nice to see Queen Silvia with her brother in such a situation. They seemed very relaxed.

And nice to see him old and still handsome... (ok ok Im a fan of Alan Rickman so what can I say....:lol:) but, honestly, look at the pictures from the wedding in 1976 and the christening of Victoria and you are able to look at a young Ralf in his best ages, v handsome...

ursulajohanna 08-10-2008 03:39 AM

What are the royal couple yesterday doing?

For the date 9th August canceled the organisation "Kungsrallye" on Öland the race, because the king and queen had other work, but which?!

Boris 08-10-2008 05:38 AM

No official engagements at all.
None until August 12, afterwards the attendance at the Bejing Olympics from the 15th to the 25th, so the official reason given for the cancellation is wrong.
A bit weird indeed, as the King especially always highly enjoyed the oldtimer car race.
My guess is that they aren't on Öland or in Sweden currently, but on a holiday trip to an undisclosed destination.

ursulajohanna 08-10-2008 07:25 AM

I know, that are no official events before 12th August!

But the race is certainly planed long time before. It must be a very important date of the royal couple yesterday, that canceled they attendance by Kungsrallye and therefore is canceled the race total!

Lena 08-10-2008 07:30 AM

Quote:

My guess is that they aren't on Öland or in Sweden currently, but on a holiday trip to an undisclosed destination.
Hopefully they are there with Victoria and Daniel, tie ropes around them, lead them to the beach, push Daniel, that he would fall onto his knees, would give him a ring and would force him to ask.
Oh wait...SDT had an other "the king doesn´t like Daniel"-article this week :rolleyes:

Maybe the for summer planned "wedding party" of Josephine Genetay took place yesterday. Isn´t she Silvia´s goddaughter (?)

Boris 08-10-2008 07:54 AM

Yep, Josephine Génetay is Silvia’s goddaughter and a close friend of Princess Madeleine. But an advance wedding party would surely have been in the evening anyway? Seems to be something of a mystery why the King doesn’t shup for his King’s Rally and caused its cancellation.
As for the King & Queen tying up the Wrestling, tee-hee… for my part, I hope that Victoria might still get a bigger fish to fry.

Silvia❦CarlGustaf 08-11-2008 08:46 AM

On saturday the King and Queen were at the confirmation of the King's godchild Vendela Brodin in Vadstena.

Motal & Vadstena Tidning -Lokala artikel

I think we have found the answer why the Kungsralley was called of!

ursulajohanna 08-11-2008 09:54 AM

Thank you very much for your information about last saturday! Great work of you to find the link in local newspaper. Thanks for the link with little picture!

Now we know, why the Kungsrallye canceled this year!

Here more article with pictures:

https://www.corren.se/archive/2008/8/...ndot3tmhay.xml

grevinnan 08-11-2008 11:01 AM

I doubt this is the reason. This confirmation date is set long before the summer - more likely during the winter months. The Kungsrallyt could easily have been re-scheduled long ago.

Silvia❦CarlGustaf 08-11-2008 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grevinnan (Post 809774)
I doubt this is the reason. This confirmation date is set long before the summer - more likely during the winter months. The Kungsrallyt could easily have been re-scheduled long ago.

I do not doubt that the confirmation is the reason why the ralley had been re-scheduled. Okay, the date for a confirmation is set early, but this is no reason why the ralley was called of so late. The King and Queen were guests at this confirmation and so it is not said, that they knew it two months ago that te confirmation of the King's godchild is on 9.8.2008.

I think the Queen looked very good in her ice-blue outfit. The had wasn't the best.

Three days to go and they'll attend the Olympic Games in Beijing. Hope there will be some nice pictures.

Yennie 08-11-2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvia❦CarlGustaf (Post 809855)
I do not doubt that the confirmation is the reason why the ralley had been re-scheduled. Okay, the date for a confirmation is set early, but this is no reason why the ralley was called of so late. The King and Queen were guests at this confirmation and so it is not said, that they knew it two months ago that te confirmation of the King's godchild is on 9.8.2008.

Confirmations are never scheduled in the last minute. She must have been at camp for a month and surely knew about it before that aswell. Unless someone simply forgot to tell the majesty until the very last minute I doubt this is the reason for the cancellation

ursulajohanna 08-12-2008 08:59 AM

From which event and which date is this pic?

Kungaparet | Villa San Michele