The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Jordan (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f83/)
-   -   Ramadan: 2007-2020 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f83/ramadan-2007-2020-a-13914.html)

Humera 09-15-2007 06:49 PM

Ramadan: 2007-2020

Welcome to the first thread devoted entirely to the activities of the Royal Family of Jordan during the month of Ramadan.

Please visit the following thread for information about the Royal Family's Ramadan activities during previous years.
Ramadan: 2006 and earlier

Members of the Jordanian Royal Family join more than a billion Muslims around the world in fasting during Ramadan and giving to the needy.

In this thread you may post news, articles and pictures of all members of the Jordanian Royal Family as they visit orphanages, hospitals, the poor, the elderly and carry out other Ramadan-related engagements.

Please remember the following before posting:
  • As of November 1, 2006, our Photo Posting Rules require that photos may only be posted directly to The Royal Forums if you have written permission from the copyright holder or if you took the photo yourself.
  • Further questions, including those on how to post pictures, are answered in our Member FAQs.
  • Take a few moments to browse through our Community Rules.
  • Post only 20% or less of an article, followed by a link to the rest of it.
  • Stay on topic; while it can be tempting, please avoid discussions of an overtly political or religious nature.
  • Be civil and respectful, even when you disagree.
Happy Ramadan!

Royal Family of Jordan Moderating Team
Avalon, Humera, Zonk

Humera 09-15-2007 07:33 PM

Jordan queen in Ramadan fundraising campaign for UNICEF

"The children, the least responsible for these conflicts, are paying the highest price," the queen, who is UNICEF's eminent advocate for children, says in a message.
"They are our future, they are our best hope, their suffering our worst fear. Each of us can help, and collectively we can make a difference in their lives." AFP

Jordan's queen urges aid for needy children during Muslim holy month

Jordan's Queen Rania, a top advocate for the U.N. children's fund, has launched a campaign Saturday for the children of Iraq, Darfur and the Palestinian territories.
Rania, UNICEF's Eminent Advocate for Children, has appealed for aid to children suffering in these crisis areas in a public service announcement playing during the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan. International Herald Tribune

Quote:

Originally Posted by salma

More about the program:
Showtimearabia - UNICEF

Tara20052 09-15-2007 11:38 PM

To all of the Muslims around the world Ramadan Mubarak and may Allah bless all of you.:flowers:

Rossina 09-16-2007 06:12 PM

King: Supporting youth is a fundamental in our policy
News article
pics
5952I.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
5951I.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Humera 09-17-2007 04:59 PM

September 17, 2007 - Princess Alia al Feisal joins orphans in charitable Iftar banquet

asturiana 09-18-2007 10:10 AM

Jordan's King Abdullah and his wife Queen Rania visit the al-Hussein Centre for the Rehabilitation of the Physically Challenged during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan in Amman September 18, 2007: Pictures from yahoo

Humera 09-18-2007 05:42 PM

More from today

Society for the disabled receives Kings support

AMMAN - Their Majesties King Abdullah and Queen Rania on Tuesday visited a society serving the physically challenged and called for expanding its role.

During the visit to Al Hussein Society for the Habilitation/Rehabilitation of the Physically Challenged, the King donated the cost of projects to improve the establishment, including maintenance work to the facility, Internet connectivity and the completion of a central heating system.

. . . HRH Princess Majda Raad, the society's president, briefed Their Majesties on the society's mission. She also shed light on new units created at the society, including research, media, early intervention and occupational therapy and physiotherapy departments. Jordan Times

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4
Photo 5
Photo 6
Photo 7 - Princess Majda Raad is standing on the King's right in this picture. I dont remember the name of the Prince though (also standing next to the King)

Rossina 09-18-2007 05:46 PM

He is prince Raad bin zaid ......

asturiana 09-19-2007 05:38 AM

Thanks Humera. I like it very much to see the King and Queen with children.
Rania looked beautiful.

Humera 09-19-2007 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reeda2000 (Post 669024)
He is prince Raad bin zaid ......

thanks reeda, I knew he must be Princess Majda's husband.

Humera 09-19-2007 04:37 PM

King Abdullah attends Iftar banquet hosted by Special Operations Command
Photo

King Abdullah Performs Ishaa and Teraweeh prayers at King Hussein bin Talal Mosque:
Photo 1
Photo 2

Queen Rania spends the day with the people of Northern Badia, supports local needs and encourages JRF collaboration

Northern Badia, Sept. 19 (Petra)-- In the spirit of the Holy Month of Ramadan, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah spent the day with the people of Northern Badia as she toured charity organizations, visited schools, and engaged the citizens of Sabha and Sobhiyeh in a frank discussion about their needs.

During her visit to the area, Queen Rania spent some time at Sabha Society for People with Special Needs, which runs small scale activities and caters to around 20 people with mental and physical disabilities.

. . . The citizens of Sabha and Sobhiyeh also welcomed the Queens gifts of food packages, blankets, and sewing machines for families in need. With over 11,000 people residing in Sabha and Sobhiyeh, and an 18 percent poverty rate, the residents are in need of vocational training centers as well as health facilities. Petra

Queen Rania spotlights school in need of renovation as she prioritizes education facilities

Northern Badia, Sept. 19 (Petra)-- While the majority of the Kingdoms schools opened their doors to joyous students earlier this month, many of those doors opened to creeks and crackles of rusted steel and poor infrastructure. As Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah passed through another of these schools, Wednesday, in Sabha, she highlighted the need to focus on providing a better environment for the students. Petra

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4
Photo 5
Photo 6
Photo 7
Photo 8
Photo 9

LeoMama 09-20-2007 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humera (Post 669463)

Looks like the queen cut her hair its nicer this way , also I think she should be more simple when she do these kind of visits why she don't wear the
Jordanian traditional costume so she can look as the others:ermm:

jroneida 09-20-2007 01:12 PM

I think her hair is about the same, just done up differently.

I have a question, in photo 6 of Humera's photos, there is a woman sitting left of QR with what look like tattoos on her face. Are they representitive of something clutural? I was just curious if anyone knew.

Thanks!

Veram98 09-20-2007 03:27 PM

Many Beduin tribes (not only in Jordan) used to tattoo their girls (especially) on the chin when they reached a certain age.

TLLK 09-20-2007 03:55 PM

Are the children of King Abdullah and Queen Rania at an age where they are expected to fast during the month?

Rossina 09-20-2007 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLLK (Post 669867)
Are the children of King Abdullah and Queen Rania at an age where they are expected to fast during the month?

Just prince Hussein ...

Humera 09-21-2007 07:55 PM

More from September 18, 2007

King Abdullah and Queen Rania visit the Al Hussein Society for Habilitation and Rehabilitation of the Physically Challenged, Jordan - 18 Sep 2007

During their visit King Abdullah donated funds to cover internet links, have the central heating work completed and cover the costs of further necessary maintainence works.

acdc1 09-21-2007 10:23 PM

How do we know what things are for Ramadan and what is just on the regular schedule?

Godiva 09-22-2007 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humera (Post 670308)
King Abdullah and Queen Rania visit the Al Hussein Society for Habilitation and Rehabilitation of the Physically Challenged, Jordan - 18 Sep 2007

During their visit King Abdullah donated funds to cover internet links, have the central heating work completed and cover the costs of further necessary maintainence works.

Thank you Humera for the photo, it is new for me.
Rania is always beautiful and smiling in every occasion, she must be very optimistic and positive person.
I am afraid I 'll be out of topic but I couldn't hide that these photos were from the most difficult Rania's photos for me to see, to see these kids really hurts. But Rania is smiling, I admire her for that, for her strength.

:rose::rose::rose:

Humera 09-22-2007 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acdc1 (Post 670337)
How do we know what things are for Ramadan and what is just on the regular schedule?

Well for one the royal family's engagements during Ramadan tend to differ from those during the rest of the year, they make a lot of charitable visits to orphanages, elderly homes, and the needy for example. They often host "iftar" (breaking of the fast at dusk) banquets for them. And ofcourse a lot of the times the accompanying articles mention that certain events are Ramadan-related.

Post 16, for example, mentions that King Abdullah had Iftar with members of the military, the second piece of news mentions that he performed Teraweeh prayers which are special prayers performed during Ramadan.

Humera 09-22-2007 07:54 PM

Princess Muna Al Hussein Takes Part in Safsaf Rehabilitation Center's Iftar Ceremony
Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4

asturiana 09-24-2007 06:08 AM

September 23, 2007

Jordan's Queen Rania visits to city of Sweileh during the Holy Month of Ramadan: Pictures from yahoo

Godiva 09-24-2007 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asturiana (Post 671296)
Jordan's Queen Rania visits to city of Sweileh during the Holy Month of Ramadan: Pictures from yahoo

Pictures from Petra News Agency:

https://s2.supload.com/free/23_sept_2007.jpg/view/

https://s2.supload.com/free/6059I.jpg/view/

https://s2.supload.com/free/6060I.jpg/view/

https://s2.supload.com/free/6061I.jpg/view/

https://s2.supload.com/free/6062I.jpg/view/

https://s2.supload.com/free/6063I.jpg/view/

https://s2.supload.com/free/6064I.jpg/view/

https://s2.supload.com/free/6065I.jpg/view/

https://s2.supload.com/free/6066I.jpg/view/

https://s2.supload.com/free/6067I.jpg/view/

asturiana 09-26-2007 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asturiana (Post 671296)

Spanish article with pictures from Hola.com: Rania de Jordania, profesora por sorpresa

salma 09-27-2007 05:58 PM

Queen Rania pays surprise visit to Wadi Seer orphanage
Jordan Times

asturiana 09-27-2007 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salma (Post 672621)
Queen Rania pays surprise visit to Wadi Seer orphanage
Jordan Times

More pictures from yahoo.

Joumana 10-04-2007 06:14 AM

https://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/10-2007/367People01.pdf
https://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/10-2007/367People02.pdf

Humera 10-04-2007 09:47 PM

September 30 - Princess Alia al-Feisal attends Iftar banquet for orphan children with her daughters Princesses Ayah, Aisha and Sarah
  1. Princess Alia, the twins and Princess Ayah - 1
  2. Princess Alia, the twins and Princess Ayah - 2
  3. Princess Alia and the twins pose with all the kids

dazzling 10-05-2007 10:01 AM

Her daughters are adorable. its nice to see P.Alia & her daughters getting involved in iftar banquet's

Humera 10-07-2007 09:49 PM

October 7 - Princess Alia al-Feisal takes part in Iftar ceremony for orphans

asturiana 10-08-2007 10:13 AM

Jordan's Queen Rania visits Khawla Bint Tha'laba Primary public School in Sweileh, Amman, October 8, 2007. Queen Rania was making her second visit to the school this month, after calling for it to be renovated during a previous visit. The school was one of four adopted by the Queen during the month of Ramadan. REUTERS/Muhammad Hamed (JORDAN)
Pictures: from yahoo news

dazzling 10-08-2007 04:56 PM

Jordan's Queen Rania visits Khawla Bint Tha'laba Primary public School in Sweileh, Amman, October 8, 2007. Queen Rania was making her second visit to the school this month, after calling for it to be renovated during a previous visit. The school was one of four adopted by the Queen during the month of Ramadan.
REUTERS/Muhammad Hamed (JORDAN)

Picture 1
picture 2
picture 3
picture 4
picture 5

dazzling 10-09-2007 09:49 AM

Princess Alia visits national center of people with special needs
Picture 1
Group picture

King Joins Worshippers to Mark Laylat Al Qadr
article
King Abdullah & Prince Feisal

asturiana 10-09-2007 10:25 AM

Article from Hellomagazine:

Hands-on Rania turns painter during her schools crusade

Picture1
Picture2
Picture3

tdarlene 10-09-2007 02:51 PM

In a gesture that moved Jordan to tears, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah personally intervened to reunite a mother and her son, Mohammad, wrenched apart for over 25 years. After hearing the story earlier this week, Queen Rania took it upon herself to secure a family reunion on Al Forssah at Jordan TV.

PPE Agency

clymne 10-09-2007 03:18 PM

I don't understand exactly what happened with these mother and son; can somebody explain?

Humera 10-09-2007 10:04 PM

Here's an article:

Queen Rania reunites mother and son after 25 years

. . . After hearing the story earlier this week, the Queen took it upon herself to secure a family reunion.

The emotional separation of Mohammad and his mother was first detailed on Al Forssah, a show produced by Jordan TV in partnership with New TV during the month of Ramadan. Every night the programme focuses on different human-interest stories. Mohammad spoke about the pain of being separated from his mother for so long and the audience was moved to tears when he mentioned that he had only seen her through low-quality pictures exchanged online.

Mohammad came on the show hoping he would get the chance to see his mother, so the producers set up a video feed from Gaza earlier this week, and that was the first time he got to see a clear image of her.

Moved by the story, Queen Rania worked hard to get the mother to Jordan from Gaza so that she could visit her son for the first time in 25 years.

She arrived Monday night and in a surprise move - to the producers, the studio audience, and most significantly to Mohammad - Queen Rania took the mother to the show to reunite with her son. Jordan Times

Humera 10-09-2007 10:22 PM

Iftar banquet

on Tuesday Queen Rania held an iftar banquet in honour of serving and retired servicewomen from the army and the public security and civil defence departments.

The banquet was also held to honour beneficiaries of the Queen Rania Society for the Welfare of Servicemen and Families (QRSWSF).

. . . HRH Princess Aisha, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs-of-Staff General Khaled Sarayreh, who is the deputy chairperson of the society, and Royal Court Adviser Yousef Issawi attended the banquet. Jordan Times (Second article on the page)

houri 10-09-2007 11:10 PM

The royal house of Jordan are very active in this Holy Month, I love seeing Queen Rania with children as always.
As there are 2 Days left in Ramadan I should say Thanx to every one post a picture or article in this thread.

asturiana 10-10-2007 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humera (Post 677799)
Here's an article:

That's wonderful :wub:. BTW Petra has the same pictures as PPE, but bigger.

carlota 10-10-2007 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humera (Post 677799)
Here's an article:

isn't she amazing? :wub:

Little_star 10-10-2007 07:06 AM

That is such an inspirational story and I'm sure to a certain degree has even more meaning for Rania who has family in the West Bank.

Little_star 10-10-2007 07:08 AM

I love the recent photos from Sweileh, talk about taking a hands-on approach!

Lady Jennifer 10-10-2007 08:14 AM

Such a wonderful article. There is a link to HELLO! about it as well: Queen Rania turns Oprah to reunite mother and son on TV

I wonder if the mother will stay with her son in Jordan for awhile? Or if she will be able to move there to be closer to him.

Little_star 10-10-2007 11:43 AM

Rania's video message for Peace One Day 2007
LINK

Joumana 10-10-2007 11:43 AM

دار ال*ياة - Dar Al Hayat

https://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/10-2007/368People01.pdf

dazzling 10-10-2007 05:19 PM

Queen Rania Joins 600 Children across Jordan in Their Activities</STRONG>

Amman, Oct. 10 (Petra) -- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah spent the afternoon entertaining almost 600 underprivileged children from all of Jordan at the Children’s Museum.

Queen Rania, who is the Chairperson of the museum’s Board of Trustees, brought together 120 orphans and 550 children from less fortunate areas of Jordan, for an eventful storybook reading and a tour of the museum - full article

picture 1
picture 2
picture 3
picture 4

King visits army headquarters - article
King Makes Phone Calls with Number of Leaders - article

Little_star 10-11-2007 10:32 AM

I love the photos from the museum trip, some of the children look like they're having so much fun!

Humera 10-11-2007 07:32 PM

When it was first announced around two weeks ago that Queen Rania was adopting four schools in order to refurbish them, I actually thought to myself wouldn't it be amazing if Rania actually turned up at the schools with a paintbrush in her hand? and she actually did!
I had no idea it would all happen so quickly though. Its always good to see royals making good on their promises.

The Children's Museum was an amazing idea too. Since its opening less than six months ago QR has made several personal visits to the Museum, with her own family and with kids from all over Jordan. I love follow-up visits, QR makes a lot of them.

This event is from more than a week ago (October 2) but was missed somehow so Im posting it now:

JRF holds annual Ramadan fundraiser

AMMAN (JT) - The Jordan River Foundation (JRF) on Tuesday held its annual Ramadan fundraiser event, whose proceeds will be used to support JRF’s different programmes and projects across the Kingdom.

The event, attended by Her Majesty Queen Rania, who chairs the foundation, was held to empower the JRF and to strengthen relations with its various sponsors, both individual and corporate. Jordan Times
  • Photo - Queen Rania and her mother
October 10 - Princess Ayah visits Anas bin Malik Orphans centre

Humera 10-11-2007 07:43 PM

Queen Rania supports Toys of Hope, calls local FM station

Amman, Oct. 11 (Petra)-- For a child, having a small toy to play with is usually a welcomed break from homework and chores, but for thousands of underprivileged children this Ramadan, the gifts they will soon be receiving as part of the Toys of Hope initiative will be bringing immeasurable happiness and hope.

Hearing about the initiative through the many promotions created by Play 99.6 FM, a local Jordanian radio station, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah called into the station's morning show, Thursday to voice her support for the project.

. . . Earlier this week, Her Majesty had stopped by a nearby supermarket with one of her daughters to drop off a generous donation of toys. When asked about it on air, the Queen said, "It was such a rewarding experience to feel that you're doing something good. You've managed, through a very simple project, a very simple idea, to capture what Ramadan is about it's about compassionate giving and caring for others and to really channel that spirit into something very productive and positive. So I hope through your initiative you've managed to bring a lot of 'play time' to all of our children." Petra

Tomorrow (Friday October 12) is the first day of Eid in Jordan and in most of the Middle East, hope you all had a wonderful Ramadan!
:flowers:Eid Mubarak everyone!:flowers:

clymne 10-12-2007 05:00 PM

YouTube - Queen reunites mother son

Here's the link to a 10 minutes video with queen Rania appearing with mother and son in the tv show.

Rossina 10-12-2007 05:50 PM

Great vidio thank you .....
you can see the programe again on tv today
JR tv 6 am GMT ..... 9 KSA :: ::
New tv 9 am GMT .... 12 Ksa
:flowers::smile::flowers::flowers::smile:Eid Mubarak :smile::flowers::smile::flowers:

dazzling 10-13-2007 10:54 AM

King performs Eid prayer among worshipers - article
Picture 1
Picture 2
King & prince Hamzah

salma 10-15-2007 03:09 PM

Hands-on Rania turns painter during her schools crusade

Little_star 10-24-2007 06:32 AM

Some more photos of Rania entertaining children at the Children's Museum, Amman
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...y/07101760.jpg
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...y/07101763.jpg
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...y/07101765.jpg
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...y/07101762.jpg

Jordanian queen keeps audience of 700 children entertained

Jordanian queen keeps audience of 700 children entertained

Humera 11-08-2007 05:34 PM

Ramadan: 2006 and earlier

Welcome to the Ramadan: 2006 and earlier thread.

A link to the 2007 thread:
Ramadan 2007

In this thread you may post news, articles and pictures related to the activities of the members of the Jordanian royal family during the month of Ramadan from the year 2006 and before.

Please keep the following in mind before posting:
  • As of November 1, 2006, our Photo Posting Rules require that photos may only be posted directly to The Royal Forums if you have written permission from the copyright holder or if you took the photo yourself.
  • Further questions, including those on how to post pictures, are answered in our Member FAQs.
  • Take a few moments to browse through our Community Rules.
  • Post only 20% or less of an article, followed by a link to the rest of it.
  • Stay on topic and refrain from discussions of an overtly political or religious nature.
  • Be civil and respectful, even when you disagree.
Happy Posting!

Royal Family of Jordan Moderating Team
Avalon, Humera, Zonk

Little_star 09-01-2008 12:47 PM

King exchanges good wishes with a number of Arab leaders on the occasion of Ramadan
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King exchanges good wishes with a number of Arab leaders on the occasion of Ramadan

Humera 09-02-2008 06:52 PM

Iftar at the Childrens Museum of Jordan

Queen Rania breaks fast with three hundred underprivileged children, opens Ramadan tent to offer light entertainment to thousands of disenfranchised youth

Amman, Sept. 2 (Petra)-- Between stilt walkers, clowns and magicians, Tuesday, sat a very happy and entertained Queen Rania surrounded by over three hundred children as they waited to break their fast on the second eve of Ramadan.

. . . Queen Ranias uber-playful tent was set up to give different groups of underprivileged children the opportunity to enjoy special and exciting iftar evenings during the Holy month of Ramadan. Petra

also from Jordan Times

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4
Photo 5
Photo 6
Photo 7
Photo 8

Humera 09-03-2008 02:08 AM

A Jordanian family shakes hands with King Abdullah II (C) and his Prime Minister Nader Dahabi (R) as they inspect a local market in Sahab, east of the capital Amman, on the first day of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan on September 1, 2008. On the first day of Ramadan, Jordan reduced prices of fuel derivatives by around six percent to help cashed-strapped citizens cope with soaring prices, which more than doubled since last year.Bakhata Mahmoud (R), 75, speaks with King Abdullah at her home during the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan in Amman September 1, 2008. Muslim tradition calls on its faithful to perform charitable work including alms giving and caring for the needy.
King Abdullah smiles to crowds after visiting 75-year-old Bakhata Mahmoud at her home during the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan in Amman September 1, 2008.

Mademoiselle Lilo 09-03-2008 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humera (Post 818255)
Queen Rania breaks fast with three hundred underprivileged children, opens Ramadan tent to offer light entertainment to thousands of disenfranchised youth

thanks for photos lovely captions of QRania with children.
her face,hmmmmm.......little white than usually.

dazzling 09-03-2008 12:03 PM

Queen Rania supports 'Kuluna Ahel' drive

Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah made a stop to one of the collection drives, Wednesday, to include her own donation of canned food items after hearing about the local food drive organized by Greater Amman Municipality (GAM) ... - Full Article

Pic 1 -- Pic 2

Little_star 09-03-2008 01:27 PM

Thanks for all the photos and information. I love the fact that the JRF get so involved with ordinary people during Ramadan. Hopefully we'll get to see more family members during the course of the month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo (Post 818471)
thanks for photos lovely captions of QRania with children.
her face,hmmmmm.......little white than usually.

I thought it was down to bad make-up, she looks like she has too much powder on.

giov 09-04-2008 06:19 AM

Pics from PPE
02-09-2008, Amman Jordans Queen Rania breaks fast with underprivileged children at her newly launched Hal Hilalek tent.
PPE Agency

prasetyo 09-04-2008 07:38 AM

It's good to see her majesty back doing her duties..

Little_star 09-04-2008 01:48 PM

Amman, Sept. 4 (Petra) -- As the heartbreaking news of Um Abdullah, a recently widowed mother of 11 children, and her struggles reached Jordanian readers, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah was quick to respond to the widow’s pleas of help.
News

Queen Rania visiting Um Abdullah
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty%202/13967I.jpg
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...202/13968I.jpg

Humera 09-05-2008 04:49 PM

September 3, 2008 - Princess Basma brings Goodwill Campaign to Al Hussein camp

AMMAN (Petra) HRH Princess Basma, the president of the National Goodwill Campaign higher committee, on Wednesday visited Al Hussein refugee camp and Jabal Nuzha and distributed aid to local residents.

The Princess met with residents of Al Hussein refugee camp and distributed financial assistance to 14 students, schoolbags to some 130 orphans and presented 11 income-generating projects to local underprivileged families.

Princess Basma announced that the campaign will donate JD10,000 to the camp's orphans committee, stressing the importance of providing support to needy families during Ramadan. Jordan Times

Photo 1
Photo 2

September 5, 2008 - King joins worshippers for Friday prayer

Amman, Sep. 5 (Petra) His Majesty King Abdullah II today joined worshippers for Friday prayers at the King Hussein Bin Talal Mosque, which received a new minbar as a gift from the King.

Sheikh Mohammad Said Al Bouti who delivered the Friday sermon commended King Abdullah's efforts to reinstate the Salaheddine Minbar at Al Aqsa Mosque and to build the King Hussein Bin Talal Minbar. Sheikh Al Bouti highlighted Islam's message of tolerance and respect for humanity. Ramadan is a month of compassion and mercy, he added that encourages the faithful to feel with those less fortunate. Petra

King Abdullah was joined by Prince Hashem, Prince Talal and Prince Ghazi

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4

Mademoiselle Lilo 09-05-2008 04:57 PM

Dar Al Ber organizes charitable breakfast for Orphans
https://i38.tinypic.com/123o7z4.jpg
https://i33.tinypic.com/14kic0o.jpg

Huda 09-06-2008 02:43 PM

King Abdullah performs Omrah:flowers:
https://s3.supload.com/free/13999I.jpg/view/
https://s3.supload.com/free/13998I.jpg/view/
https://s3.supload.com/free/26435_SA07.jpg/view/

Odette 09-06-2008 03:11 PM

I will never forget my years in the Arab world during Ramadan and Bairam festivities, and traditions. I remember when the cannon was heard everyone was emptying the streets to go break their fast. Seems like a hundred years ago.

Huda 09-06-2008 07:19 PM

More pix:
https://www.spa.gov.sa/galupload/normal/26449_SA33.JPG
https://www.spa.gov.sa/galupload/normal/26451_SA40.JPG
https://www.spa.gov.sa/galupload/normal/26453_SA37.JPG

other pix for king in ramadan
https://www.daylife.com/search/photos...king+of+jordan

Mademoiselle Lilo 09-08-2008 10:54 AM

King,Queen spend sometime with orphans
News-59327.jpg - Free Image Hosting at TurboImageHost
News-59326.jpg - Free Image Hosting at TurboImageHost
News-59322.jpg - Free Image Hosting at TurboImageHost
News-59323.jpg - Free Image Hosting at TurboImageHost
News-59324.jpg - Free Image Hosting at TurboImageHost
News-59325.jpg - Free Image Hosting at TurboImageHost
News-59326.jpg - Free Image Hosting at TurboImageHost

Little_star 09-08-2008 11:10 AM

Jeddah, Sept.7 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II and Saudi Monarch King Abdullah Bin Abdel Aziz on Saturday held talks focusing on means to enhance bilateral ties and the recent developments in the region.
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King Abdullah, Saudi Monarch hold talks

Amman, Sep.7 (Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II returned home on Sunday dawn after a visit to Saudi Arabia where he performed Umra (the lesser pilgrimage).
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King returns home after performing Umra

Amman, Sept.7 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II held talks with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in Amman today on efforts to push negotiations between the Palestinians and Israelis forward.
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King holds talks with Palestinian president

asturiana 09-08-2008 01:39 PM

I always love pictures of them with children.

Little_star 09-09-2008 08:41 AM

Amman, Sept.8 (Petra) – Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania Al Abdullah spent few hours today with 132 orphans at Al Hussein Social Society in Al Ashrafiyyeh.
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King, Queen spend some time with orphan children

Little_star 09-09-2008 08:42 AM

King receives Sudanese Minister of Justice
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King receives Sudanese Minister of Justice

dazzling 09-09-2008 09:27 AM

Thank you for the pictures. Its always lovely to see the King & Queen out together at events and also around children. Queen Rania looked nice, liked the touch of color her scarf gave to her outfit.

Little_star 09-09-2008 11:49 AM

Queen Rania today visiting a market in Amman:
https://74.212.223.10/Temp/Images/Ori...News-59562.jpg

I've translated the first few lines of the article. So far there are no other pictures.

Amman, September 9 (Petra) - The Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah Al-day surprise visit to the country's central aim of Ramadan lose markets and check on conditions of citizens, where Her Majesty toured the sugar market which is one of the oldest markets of the city of Amman and the advantage of the diversity and inclusiveness materials business before.
- -

More photos from Queen Rania's visit to the Amman market.
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...News-59584.jpg
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...News-59585.jpg
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...News-59592.jpg
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...News-59595.jpg
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...News-59593.jpg
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...News-59594.jpg
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...News-59596.jpg
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...News-59601.jpg
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...News-59602.jpg

Little_star 09-09-2008 06:36 PM

Queen Rania attends activities of Hal Hilalak Tent
Jordan News Agency - Petra - Queen Rania attends activities of Hal Hilalak Tent

Photos:
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...News-59628.jpg
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...News-59629.jpg
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...News-59630.jpg

Little_star 09-09-2008 06:42 PM

Amman, Sept.9 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II ordered implementing development projects in Al Talbiya camp, which is inhabited by 7000 Palestinian refugees.
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King orders implementing projects in Al Talbiya refugee Camp

Photos:
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...News-59627.jpg
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...News-59626.jpg
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...News-59625.jpg
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...News-59621.jpg
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...News-59620.jpg
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...News-59618.jpg

Little_star 09-09-2008 07:03 PM

(AP) The public-service TV ads deliver a cheerful, yet pointed, message to Muslims observing Ramadan's traditional dawn to dusk fast: "Don't overeat" when night comes. "Exercise and stay healthy."

The government media campaign - one of the Arab world's first - aims to combat the serious health problems, from heart attacks to diabetic comas, that often mark Islam's holy month. ..........

Jordan's government is thought the first, however, to sponsor Ramadan-specific public service health spots. The campaign is headed by Jordan's King Abdullah II and his wife, Queen Rania - who often speak publicly about their own exercise-filled lifestyles and healthy diets.
Jordan Aims To Combat Ramadan Health Woes, Government Urges Healthy Eating During Holy Month Marked By Heart Attacks, Diabetic Comas - CBS News

Humera 09-09-2008 09:48 PM

September 8, 2008 - Princess Alia, daughter of Tawfiq Al Tabaa, patronizes charitable Iftar banquet
Photo 1
Photo 2

September 9, 2008 - Prince Mer'ed patronizes Iftar banquet in Karak
Photo

dazzling 09-10-2008 02:45 PM

Queen Rania's eating urge
Jordan's Queen Rania has urged her country's people to stick to a healthy eating regime during Ramadan, an Islamic holy month where eating between dawn and sunset is forbidden... - Full Article

Humera 09-10-2008 03:56 PM

Postsabout Queen Rania’s visit to schools today have been moved here:

Madrasati: Queen Rania's school renovation initiative

Humera
Jordanian Forum Moderator

Mademoiselle Lilo 09-11-2008 04:44 PM

Princess Alia during Charitable break fast for Cerebral Palsy Society
https://i36.tinypic.com/15md847.jpg
https://i36.tinypic.com/or448l.jpg

Huda 09-11-2008 07:23 PM

Princess Aisha Bint Al Hussein patronizes Awqaf Ministry breakfast
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

shrifia 09-12-2008 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo (Post 822200)
Princess Alia during Charitable break fast for Cerebral Palsy Society
https://i36.tinypic.com/15md847.jpg
https://i36.tinypic.com/or448l.jpg

princess Alia is great woman,I admire her more and more for her courage.

Huda 09-12-2008 05:43 PM

Princess Muna Al Hussein attends Charitable Creativity Society iftar

suPeRgiRL! 09-15-2008 04:53 AM

There are new pictures of Queen Rania attending a Hal Hilalak event yesterday. Unfortunately, I don't recall seeing pictures from the same event from Petra. Anyone can confirm this?
Link: rania photos - Daylife

asturiana 09-15-2008 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo (Post 820618)
King,Queen spend sometime with orphans

Pictures from PPE: PPE Agency

dazzling 09-15-2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suPeRgiRL! (Post 823696)
There are new pictures of Queen Rania attending a Hal Hilalak event yesterday. Unfortunately, I don't recall seeing pictures from the same event from Petra. Anyone can confirm this?
Link: rania photos - Daylife

Here are the picture from petra news

Pic 1 -- Pic 2

Huda 09-15-2008 03:36 PM

Princess Muna Al Hussein attends Iftar banquet for health sector

Humera 09-16-2008 10:57 PM

Posts about Queen Ranias visit to Jerash yesterday have been moved here:

Jordan River Foundation

Humera
Jordanian Forum Moderator

Joumana 09-19-2008 08:55 AM

https://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/09-2008/417People01.pdf
https://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/09-2008/417People02.pdf

Huda 09-19-2008 05:41 PM

Princess Sumaya attends Iftar ceremony for Jordanian handball Federation

Princess Alia bint al Hussein:
Humanitarian Club Ramadan Charity Evening @ Grand Hyatt Amman

Humanitarian Club Ramadan Charity Evening @ Grand Hyatt Amman

Princess Muna: Ebdaa Fashion Show at Dunes
Ebdaa Fashion Show at Dunes

Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath:
The Young Muslim Women's Association - Oriental Music Night @ Four Seasons Hotel
The Youth Muslim Women's Associations - Oriental Music Night @ Four Seasons Hotel

Prince Omar Al Faisal attends Iftar banquet for orphan children
https://s3.supload.com/free/14315I.jpg/view/
https://s3.supload.com/free/14316I.jpg/view/

Rossina 09-25-2008 04:26 AM

https://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/09-2008/418People01.pdf

chelsea 09-29-2008 05:02 PM

Daily News
Daily News
Daily News

last Ramadan event?

Little_star 09-29-2008 08:04 PM

It would seem so, chelsea. It is Eid tomorrow, well looking at the clock today.

Little_star 09-29-2008 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelsea (Post 830195)
Daily News
Daily News
Daily News

last Ramadan event?

Petra links tend to expire so I've re-hosted the photos.
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...News-62552.jpg
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...News-62553.jpg
https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...News-62554.jpg

Queen Rania enjoys last evening of Hal Hilalak tent with underprivileged children
Jordan News Agency - Petra - Queen Rania enjoys last evening of Hal Hilalak tent with underprivileged children

Little_star 10-01-2008 08:08 AM

King joins worshipers for Eid prayer
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King joins worshipers for Eid prayer

King exchanges congratulations with Arab leaders on Eid al-Fiter
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King exchanges congratulations with Arab leaders on Eid al-Fiter

Humera 10-08-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little_star (Post 831014)

pictures of the event (also present with the King are Princes Feisal, Hamzah, Rashid, and Raad):

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4
Photo 5 - praying at royal tombs
Photo 6
Photo 7
Photo 8
Photo 9
Photo 10