The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f238/)
-   -   Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events Part 4 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f238/princely-family-of-monaco-current-events-part-4-a-13545.html)

paca 09-04-2007 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glistening Seas (Post 662429)
:smile: Um-m-m-m am i right about this. Didn't i see a pic of Pricess Grace wearing this red and white striped outfit and Stephanie (of course steph) looked quite unhappy to be wearing it but she was young, of course. Well, i had no idea this was monesque clothing a rare, but good glimpse at the history of Monaco. Well, all looked well, that color for alexandra was purfect as always Caroline and Ernest and Pa look great. Nice pics for those of us whom Monaco's history is not completely known is a refreshing change of pace. :bounce::monacostandard::greatidea::innocent:

They don't usually wear them. Maybe they did while Grace was there and the kids were young, but in recent years none of them put those clothes on. And by the looks of it Albert was the only one to do. But I don't think that I remember Rainier wearing it at all, but then again there was never a doubt about him working for the prosperity of Monaco.

Bahamagirl 09-04-2007 02:49 PM

Hi everyone, the family looked great, and Albert looked nice and relaxed, He actually looked as if he lost weight. <removed off-topic part of post - tbhrc>

tbhrc 09-05-2007 02:12 PM

Just a few more family pics from the pic nic last week:

https://i10.tinypic.com/4unzojp.jpg
https://i5.tinypic.com/6fhc239.jpg
https://i14.tinypic.com/504vvpv.jpg
https://i17.tinypic.com/4qge747.jpg
https://i19.tinypic.com/4l6i4gm.jpg

https://i18.tinypic.com/6gslkww.jpg
https://i10.tinypic.com/4orzvyx.jpg

libra65 09-05-2007 02:42 PM

Who is the little blond haired boy in the pictures near Princess Caroline? I saw him in pictures from the picnic on other websites. He always seems to be with Caroline & Alexandra.

goody7058 09-05-2007 02:54 PM

I think that her cousin or friend.

iceflower 09-05-2007 03:44 PM

One more addition with pics from the weekend :smile:

** Arrival ** Alexandra 1 ** Alexandra 2 **
** Caroline ** Group Picture **

goody7058 09-05-2007 05:31 PM

Do you think Alexandra like taking picture. She look sad.

iloveroyals 09-07-2007 10:08 AM

What a strange outfit for Alexandra ! She looks like she was just picked up from the convent school and didn't have time to change. I wonder why she always looks so sullen on pictures. She used to be the funniest little baby and toddlerl, she made everybody smile around her. Now she looks like she carries the weight of the world's burden on her shoulders.

mizzy2006 09-07-2007 11:15 AM

^ Yeah..she is in line to both Monaco and British throne...maybe quite burden to a little cute young girl like her..:flowers:

hibou 09-07-2007 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iloveroyals (Post 663727)
What a strange outfit for Alexandra ! She looks like she was just picked up from the convent school and didn't have time to change. I wonder why she always looks so sullen on pictures. She used to be the funniest little baby and toddlerl, she made everybody smile around her. Now she looks like she carries the weight of the world's burden on her shoulders.

Could be that she is still young to be asked to stand still and pay attention the whole time. She has started to attention functions on a regular basis and as she gets older we will be seeing her more. I guess Caroline wants her to get used to it. But is is tough for a kid to have to stand there and not fidget it would make most kids her age sullen too. She'd probably prefer going off to play.

Moonmaiden23 09-07-2007 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibou (Post 663763)
Could be that she is still young to be asked to stand still and pay attention the whole time. She has started to attention functions on a regular basis and as she gets older we will be seeing her more. I guess Caroline wants her to get used to it. But is is tough for a kid to have to stand there and not fidget it would make most kids her age sullen too. She'd probably prefer going off to play.


Amen, I couldn't agree more! What is Alexandra...eight years old? Most children that age would throw a four alarm fit if asked to behave and be quiet on public view as much as that child has to!

goody7058 09-07-2007 03:04 PM

I think she get bore real fast. And when you are bore you get sad.

psychoduck 09-08-2007 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mizzy2006 (Post 663758)
^ Yeah..she is in line to both Monaco and British throne...maybe quite burden to a little cute young girl like her..:flowers:

how can she be in line to british throne? i thought because of ernst's wedding with a roman catholic, he wasn't in line to british line anymore? :ermm:...

anyway if she is in line to british throne, she must be 390th or 391 st or sth like that...bet it's not as stressful for her as for prince william :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: i think she's just bored and if so, it would be very understanding...:flowers:

could someone explain it to me...please..

goody7058 09-08-2007 04:46 AM

I don't think Alexandra in line for british you can't.

iloveroyals 09-08-2007 08:04 AM

All of the comments about Alexandra being bored and everything are on the mark. I just find it strange that, as a little girl of 8, she was wearing such a drab dress (it would make anybody feel sad !), especially on a Monaco festival when the colors are supposed to be red and white, cheerful colors if there ever were. Caroline's outfit was splendid and sunny. I love her in skirts and tops, she always seems to get the combination right. Also, Alexandra must be in that transitional stage where she doesn't want to appear too cuddly and clingy with her mother in public as she was even two years ago, and doesn't yet have the funny facial expressions Charlotte often had at that age, that made her so endearing, a resourceful way to entertain herself and those around her during those boring events. Also, Caroline, from a very early age (or was it just the pictures I saw) always had this very alert, curious look about her, as if fascinated by all the going-ons, absorbing it all. No wonder she had that ease and poise from an early age, she had observed how adults behaved and spoke to dignitaries, and with that taste for experimenting for herself she is often credited with, she had learned to imitate those social manners from early on. Anyway, this is not to put down Alexandra, poor dear, she has her own personality and ways, just a couple of observations...

mizzy2006 09-08-2007 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoduck (Post 664161)
how can she be in line to british throne? i thought because of ernst's wedding with a roman catholic, he wasn't in line to british line anymore? :ermm:...

anyway if she is in line to british throne, she must be 390th or 391 st or sth like that...bet it's not as stressful for her as for prince william :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: i think she's just bored and if so, it would be very understanding...:flowers:

could someone explain it to me...please..

I read it somewhere...I will try to find out later.. Maybe Prince Hannover not in line to the throne but I think his children do since she is not a Catholic. But if I am not mistaken, she is no 600 and above.. quite far...very very far... stressful like William? :biggrin: no way... that is tooooo stressful...;)

Glistening Seas 09-08-2007 08:18 PM

Glistening Seas
 
:flowers:Ohhh alexandra dress is a marvelous color for her, imho. it's quite in keeping with her coloring and looks quite nice. Most children that age don't sit still that long in front of the tv at home let alone in a public outing with all those marvelous other people there. Most childrens curiosity of other children is instinctive. So to find alexandra being still for as long as she is proves she a most well behaved child indeed. :innocent::rainbow::fireworks:

Elspeth 09-08-2007 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoduck (Post 664161)
how can she be in line to british throne? i thought because of ernst's wedding with a roman catholic, he wasn't in line to british line anymore? :ermm:...

He isn't. However, that only applies to him, not automatically to his children as well. As long as his children aren't Catholic, they remain in line for the throne. Prince Michael of Kent is no longer in line for the throne because he married a Catholic, but his children remain in the line of succession.

Avalon 09-08-2007 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goody7058 (Post 664171)
I don't think Alexandra in line for british you can't.

Since Prince Ernst August chose to to raise his children in Protestant faith, they keet their places in the succession line.

Princess Alexandra is currently 391th in the line of the succession to the British Throne. Her elder half-brothers, Prince Ernst August Jn. and Prince Christian are also in the line of the succession (they are respectively 389th and 390th).

Tosca 09-10-2007 09:34 AM

Sorry, I know it's a bit off topic, but isn't the Duchess of Cornwall a Roman Catholic too?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises