The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Princess Marie's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2007 - September 2008 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/princess-maries-fashion-and-style-part-1-june-2007-september-2008-a-13008.html)

sneeuwklokje 09-11-2008 02:29 AM

She really needs to get a good working wardrobe together. It's almost if she doesn't realize in what position she is now. In private she can wear whatever she (or J.;);)..) wants, but in public she needs to get it together. She really needs some professional advise imo.

Her_Majesty 09-11-2008 04:32 AM

Good view of Marie's hairdo: royal news

sneeuwklokje 09-11-2008 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty (Post 821935)

Oh dear, the more you look at her hair, the worse it gets. That's a little girl's hairdo, not something for a 32 year old adult on an official outing!!

Duke of Marmalade 09-11-2008 07:39 AM

Gosh that is unkempt :eek: Did she want to get some dreadlocks and then the hairdresser gave up half way. Looks like a jamaican-holiday-experience gone wrong.

Primrose28 09-11-2008 08:59 AM

Quote:

I kind of like it--she has pretty hair and the hairdo goes with her casual yet tasteful outfit. I get tired of seeing many of the young royal women wearing their hair the same during the day--slightly waved at the ends and loose.

Lilla 09-11-2008 10:10 AM

Sorry, but I think it is the fasion of the late eighties and start nineties that is comming back again. I have seen sevral ankorwomen on the telly having a hairdos like that and being to dress the same way as I myselfe dressed back then.

I liked it at the time. I don't know what to think today but I guss I will end up liking it again. Anyway I do think Marie was looking beautifull.

GlitteringTiaras 09-11-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Still looks awful, no matter what angle the phototags shoot it from, '90's prom hairdo. A major No.:eek: As DoM noted, the Jamacian raggamuffin hairdo isn't flattering... good lawd. Lilla, certain inspirations from the late 80's and 90's are back, but nothing terrifying such as this hair tragedy is nor will come back. Some stylists have realized that do's such as the one Marie is sporting isn't flattering what-so-ever. Sure it might look cute on a 14 year old but not a grown woman. The poor dear looks ridiculous.

Lilla 09-11-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras (Post 822150)
Lilla, certain inspirations from the late 80's and 90's are back, but nothing terrifying such as this hair tragedy is nor will come back.

Well, it has come. It is on Maries head - and I have seen worse hairdoes on danish anchorwomen:eek:. Especially one in a programme called "Aftenshowet":eek::eek:.

GlitteringTiaras 09-11-2008 03:30 PM

:lol: I believe it is a requirement for news anchorwomen to have horrific hairdos. You should see the do's on my local networks...frightening:biggrin:

Princess_Beatrix 09-12-2008 02:33 PM

i love her hairstyle alot. i think her style is cute. she dresses more modern like other princesses, i think. some princesses in her age wear dresses that could be worn by their mothers as well. marie's style is fresh.

Angelica 09-13-2008 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess_Beatrix (Post 822612)
i love her hairstyle alot. i think her style is cute. she dresses more modern like other princesses, i think. some princesses in her age wear dresses that could be worn by their mothers as well. marie's style is fresh.

I absolutely agree! For example I do think that her sister-in-law sometimes commits this awful mistake of wearing clothes that make her look older than she is!

Angelica 09-13-2008 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje (Post 821988)
Oh dear, the more you look at her hair, the worse it gets. That's a little girl's hairdo, not something for a 32 year old adult on an official outing!!

On the contrary, I think it was lovely! :wub: Very girly! I prefer it much much more than the usual updo :bang: of Mary that makes her look 10 years older!!

Fashionista100 09-13-2008 09:16 AM

I think the clothes were fine. The hair was not so great. But it could have been very humid. So they fly aways. As for the style, a softer version would have been better. I think she did her own hair. Also, I think the whole reason Joachim married her is she isn't going to go the whole Princess route, just part way.

Turkish Delight 09-13-2008 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess_Beatrix (Post 822612)

I totally agree with you!:flowers: She is really different!

GlitteringTiaras 09-13-2008 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelica (Post 822897)
On the contrary, I think it was lovely! :wub: Very girly! I prefer it much much more than the usual updo :bang: of Mary that makes her look 10 years older!!

And therein lies the problem about this '90's prom hairdo. Marie is a 30 something woman who cannot get away with looking girly and taken seriously at the same time. But that's my wee little opinion.:smile:

Incas 09-13-2008 04:15 PM

Seems to me she couldn't decide to go formal with an elaborate do or look casual as if just rolled out of bed. Unfortunately, she got the worst of both worlds.:ohmy:

dazzling 09-14-2008 11:54 AM

Thread is now closed. New thread can be found here :flowers: