The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f219/)
-   -   Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 2: June 2007 - November 2007 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f219/infanta-leonor-and-infanta-sof-a-news-and-pictures-part-2-june-2007-november-2007-a-12890.html)

ladejesus 06-29-2007 03:03 PM

I hope it's true. I can't wait to see the first pics of her going off to school.

lula 07-04-2007 03:17 PM

El Rey permite bautizar dos hospitales como Infanta Leonor e Infanta Sofía - 20minutos.es

The King allows to baptize two hospitals as Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía

(...)
To the exit of the meeting, Aguirre reported that she had asked the King for permission in order that " some of the hospitals " that the Government of Madrid has constructed the past legislature take the names of the Infanta Leonor and of the Infanta Sofía and said that the monarch had accepted her offer.

Nevertheless, she specified that for the present time it has not been decided which will be in concrete both hospitable centers - that already are constructed but do not work still - that will take the name of the Infantas, so, as she said, the decision will take " in its moment ".

The chairwoman demonstrated that don Juan Carlos has asked before " to write a letter and that probably there will no be disadvantage " in designating to both hospitals of Madrid with the names of the daughters of the Princes of Asturias.

Mari_* 07-04-2007 11:06 PM

IMO Leonor is still to little to go to school, she's a year and a half baby..:wub:, I know she's a royal and she has to socialize and all that stuff but.. again IMO she's too little, 3 years is perfect for starting school.. I started school at 3.

ladejesus 07-05-2007 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mari_* (Post 636510)
IMO Leonor is still to little to go to school, she's a year and a half baby..:wub:, I know she's a royal and she has to socialize and all that stuff but.. again IMO she's too little, 3 years is perfect for starting school.. I started school at 3.

I started school (the daycare program at a school) at 6 months and I was fine. It will totaly depend on how the school is structured.

How does the school system work in Spain? Would Leonor be starting in a daycare program or is it actual school?

Mari_* 07-06-2007 01:22 AM

Im not saying she won't be fine. It is just what I think, my opinion.

ladejesus 07-06-2007 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mari_* (Post 637043)
Im not saying she won't be fine. It is just what I think, my opinion.

I get what you were saying. It's interesting how different people see this issue in such different ways. Differing opinions is part of what makes this forum so special.:flowers:

nagore 07-06-2007 07:17 PM

I can´t wait to see Leonor and Sofia the next sunday they will very pretty and adorable.

Vanesa 07-07-2007 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mari_* (Post 636510)

I started at four. But I'm an old lady of 35, you know. These times, people wouldn't know how to live, and I have no friends, since anyone learned me how to play and such...LOL :lol::rofl:

I can't understand why people is so in a hurry to see the girls as grown ups in no time. And of course, when they will be teens and dating, they will say , nostalgically..."Oh! Do you remember how cute they were when they were toddlers? Where flies the time? I wish they could be babies again!" Oh, well....:biggrin::angel:

Vanesa.

fanprincipesasturi 07-07-2007 02:22 PM

Dos nuevos hospitales de Madrid llevarán los nombres Infantas Leonor y Sofía
ABC.es: madrid - madrid - «Leonor» y «Sofía», nombres de dos nuevos hospitales
La Razón | Digital : Madrid

gudeeya 07-07-2007 06:35 PM

the infanta is still a little baby! she has her whole life ahead to go to school and study for her future role! i think we could probably see her going to pre school or nursery sometime next year!

BeautyLeonor 07-09-2007 01:12 PM

The ideal age is 3 years to begin the school, Leonor in October will has two years, only she will have one year less ... it is normal .. I know many cases like that, it is normal!

magnik 07-09-2007 05:35 PM

Elisabeth of Belgium was three to when she start her "school".

adelaide 07-09-2007 07:44 PM

We have to make the difference between the school and the chidren park ( jardin d'enfant -kinden garten and so on )
In France the school begin at three years old, before it's a guardery (???)very useful for the mothers who worked and because of that totally full, for exapmle, in Paris.

Avalon 07-09-2007 07:58 PM

I think we can all agree on one thing - traditions are different in all countrires. While in country X children may go to school at the age of 1, in country Y the age may be 5. That not counting personal preference of the parents. Hence, comparisions are pretty much pointless, in my opinion. :smile:

Mari_* 07-10-2007 12:50 AM

Actually I also think that is good that kids start school when they are able to speak and tell how they did in school.

donnaK 07-10-2007 02:50 AM

Leonor certainly can go to a daycare center that take toddlers this fall, but she does appear too young to go to Santa Maria del Camino, the school her aunts attended until high school.

Duke of Marmalade 07-10-2007 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnaK (Post 638863)
Leonor certainly can go to a daycare center that take toddlers this fall, but she does appear too young to go to Santa Maria del Camino, the school her aunts attended until high school.

Daycare center for toddlers is a good thing and appropriate for a 2 year old. It good and important that Leonor mixes with other children of her age - her cousins are much older - in order to raise her as normal as possible.

donnaK 07-10-2007 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 638869)
Daycare center for toddlers is a good thing and appropriate for a 2 year old. It good and important that Leonor mixes with other children of her age - her cousins are much older - in order to raise her as normal as possible.

Her second cousins, the kids of Beltran or Bruno, are the similar age. But I think 2 is a good age to start part-time at a daycare center to play with other kids.

lucys 07-10-2007 07:26 PM

Some times when I read comments about the "Asturias" family I get the strangest sensation that people think if we don't see it it must not be.

What makes people think Leonor is not around and playing with other kids already? Her behavior when we last saw her in public was that of a very well adjusted, bright, curious and outgoing girl--not at all that of a girl who has been sheltered. So much so, that it was hard to fathom she is only one-and-a-half years old.

I agree 2 is a good age to start daycare primarily for the sake of developing the pattern and discipline of schooling -- but I'd hazard a guess that as far as "playmates", Leonor is not lacking.

Duke of Marmalade 07-11-2007 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucys (Post 639138)
Some times when I read comments about the "Asturias" family I get the strangest sensation that people think if we don't see it it must not be.

What makes people think Leonor is not around and playing with other kids already? Her behavior when we last saw her in public was that of a very well adjusted, bright, curious and outgoing girl--not at all that of a girl who has been sheltered. So much so, that it was hard to fathom she is only one-and-a-half years old.

I agree 2 is a good age to start daycare primarily for the sake of developing the pattern and discipline of schooling -- but I'd hazard a guess that as far as "playmates", Leonor is not lacking.

Well, nobody suggested that Leonor is being sheltered. Different countries different habits but I think it's fine to send an almost 2 year old girl to a daycare center. And it's not a bad thing to mix with other children who are not in the usual circle of children she may already play with. As the future Queen of Spain it's important that her upbringing is as normal as possible - was an important issue for Queen Sofia too - and this "school" is a good start, not only for discipline of schooling but for making new contacts or friends in a group without Mommy or Daddy or Nanny being around all the time.