The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f219/)
-   -   Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 2: June 2007 - November 2007 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f219/infanta-leonor-and-infanta-sof-a-news-and-pictures-part-2-june-2007-november-2007-a-12890.html)

WindsorIII 06-10-2007 10:15 AM

Absolutely beautiful young girls with a very bright future.

Mom and pop must be so proud. Most of the pics show that for sure.

ahtikavalentine 06-10-2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nadiah_girl
So, the exact date of Sofia's christening has not been announced, right?

No, un official sourses say that maybe is gonna be on the first weeks of july :flowers:

lula 06-13-2007 04:21 AM

Traje de valenciana para una grande de España. lasprovincias.es

Dress of Valencian for the big one of Spain

The infanta Sofía will get a traditional garment with all the complements given for a group of indumentaristas and craftsmen

(...)
" It is an honor that the House of the Princes they accept this gift in which the Valencian craftsmen have put everything best of their work ", indicated Enrique Marzal, visibly moved.

The indumentarista made clear that champagne treats itself about a silk of color with roses of pitiminí, that has been made by a design of the XVIIIth century.

The garment includes all kinds of complements. It takes scarf and apron, and is accompanied of a complete seasoning of Valencian in Elizabethan style, as well as the shoes and the whole interior clothes. " We have realized the typical suit of christening Valencian which more important characteristic is to be opened behind ", was added by Marzal in representation of all the craftsmen who have taken part in this work.
(...)

Eliza 06-13-2007 09:42 AM

It'll be priceless to see pics of this beautiful family during the summer...the two little princess!!

ldt20 06-16-2007 12:38 AM

I'm starting to think that maybe the baptism may be in September. It's already mid-June and there hasn't been any official announcement. Usually they make these type of announcements with plenty of time and July is around the corner.

I guess we'll have to wait a see!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahtikavalentine (Post 624626)
No, un official sourses say that maybe is gonna be on the first weeks of july :flowers:

ahtikavalentine 06-16-2007 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldt20 (Post 627358)
I'm starting to think that maybe the baptism may be in September. It's already mid-June and there hasn't been any official announcement. Usually they make these type of announcements with plenty of time and July is around the corner.

I guess we'll have to wait a see!

You are all right! We don't have an annoucement from the royal house, and if they don't say anything about it yet, we will have to wait :flowers:

morhange 06-16-2007 01:31 AM

I bet Felipe and Letizia will have it sometime in July. Everything they do mirrors Frederik and Mary, it's cute :)

The couples were married within days of one another, they announced their pregnancies the same day (I think?) had their first children, Christian and Leonor, in the same month within about two weeks of one another, announced their second pregnancies a month apart, and had their second children only about a week apart.

And wasn't Christian baptised in January, and Leonor in February? So I think since Lillepigen is going to be christened on July 1st, maybe we can look at a later July date for Sofia? So I think that means we can keep our eyes peeled in probably 2008 for another baby announcement from Denmark, followed by one from Spain :D

RhapsodyBrat 06-16-2007 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morhange (Post 627363)
And wasn't Christian baptised in January, and Leonor in February? So I think since Lillepigen is going to be christened on July 1st, maybe we can look at a later July date for Sofia? So I think that means we can keep our eyes peeled in probably 2008 for another baby announcement from Denmark, followed by one from Spain :D

no, Leonor was baptised January 14th, Christian January 21. and i don't think there'll be another royal baby from these two houses in 2008. the women have to rest from having two kids in less than three years!

lula 06-16-2007 02:32 PM

La Infanta Leonor dará nombre a la nueva Escuela de Educación Infantil que se está construyendo en la Urbanización Miró - Infomelilla.com: Periódico Digital de Melilla

The Infanta Leonor will give name to the new School of Infantile Education that is constructed in the Urbanization Miro

The School of Infantile Education, it has made clear the counselor of Presidency, Abdelmalik The Barkani, will possess 135 squares for children of between 0 and 3 years

The new School of Infantile Education that is constructed in the Urbanization Miro will take the name of the Infanta Leonor. This way it has been decided by the Council of Government of Melilla in the meeting of today on Friday.

Anna_R 06-18-2007 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morhange (Post 627363)
So I think that means we can keep our eyes peeled in probably 2008 for another baby announcement from Denmark, followed by one from Spain :D

Actually, Letizia's pregnancy with Sofia was announced before Mary's pregnancy with LillePigen;)

biboquinhas 06-18-2007 11:19 AM

But if the baptism occours in September Sofia will be six months years old and maybe she will not fit the baptism clothes and she was a big baby!

princess leonor 06-18-2007 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biboquinhas (Post 628080)
But if the baptism occours in September Sofia will be six months years old and maybe she will not fit the baptism clothes and she was a big baby!

I don't think they will wait until september to christen litle Sofia. They usually don't wait that long in Spain or in the royal family to christen a baby. It will probably be end of July. I don't know why they haven't announced it yet though, I was expecting to know by now. Can't wait to see adorable Sofia and her big sister :wub:

Duke of Marmalade 06-18-2007 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biboquinhas (Post 628080)

Not quite but she will be double age when we compare to Leonor. And Leonor was a big baby!

I wonder what is keeping them from announcing a date, shouldn't be too difficult to name a day over 2 months after birth?

Maybe they cannot agree on the godparents :lol:

Mari_* 06-18-2007 07:32 PM

I thought she'd be baptised around the date Miguel was. But nothing yet.
I want to see Sofi :wub:

Vanesa 06-18-2007 07:51 PM

Well...You must learn to wait a little to see her. Think that she must be getting every day more and more beatiful, just for us to see. In general, too little babies are not beatiful, or at least not so beatiful. Babies are in the summum of their beauty around six months old or so...

Vanesa.

adelaide 06-25-2007 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanesa (Post 628286)
Well...You must learn to wait a little to see her. Think that she must be getting every day more and more beatiful, just for us to see. In general, too little babies are not beatiful, or at least not so beatiful. Babies are in the summum of their beauty around six months old or so...

Vanesa.

For once, I agree totally with you. I'm very found of the new borns but I have to say that very often they don't look very beautiful. You are totally right when you write that their best time is around 6/8 months.
After, it's yet an other stopover of the childhood.

Paty 06-29-2007 05:14 AM

THE INFANTA LEONOR WILL GO TO THE SAME COLLEGE WHERE HER AUNTS,THE INFANTAS ELENA AND CRISTINA, STUDIED.
Infanta LEONOR will begin her formation after the summer hollydays in Santa Maria del Camino
College.

It has not been marked, for the present time, a concrete day in order that she begins her long and complete formation, it has not also communicated officially what school she will go but, in the circle of the Prince of Asturias it is said that Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia have chosen for Leonor's education - and in the future for their sister Sofía--the college Santa Maria del Camino, of Madrid. The center where, beside the Infantas Elenas studied and Cristina, the duchess of Lugo began to do her first practices as teacher, more than two decades ago.

LA INFANTA LEONOR IRÁ AL MISMO COLEGIO DONDE ESTUDIARON SUS TÍAS, LAS INFANTAS ELENA Y CRISTINA

lula 06-29-2007 05:22 AM

It will be necessary to wait to after the summer. When she was one year they published that she was going to go to the child-care of the Royal Guard, and nothing.:ermm:

BeautyLeonor 06-29-2007 10:42 AM

I hope that will be true! ... but if it's not true.. she is litlle yet.. i start the school(september) with two years... but my birhtday is on october.. so, my first year in the school was with 3 years!

princess leonor 06-29-2007 01:26 PM

If it's true than that would be great news. How sweet she would go to the same school as her aunts. I don't think she would have any problems whatsoever getting used to school and to other children. She's so incredibly outgoing, she will wrap everyone around her little finger in no time :wub: