The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Family of Spain (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Spanish Christmas Cards - All Years (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f21/spanish-christmas-cards-all-years-12296.html)

HereditaryPrincess 12-16-2019 04:58 PM

I wish the SRF would release more festive style cards - or at least a new photo. I remember Juan Carlos and Sofia used to release religious Christmas cards but even they don't seem to do so anymore.

An Ard Ri 12-16-2019 05:03 PM

Juan Carlos and Sofia cards up until last year were more traditional with a Nativity scene ,I wish the SRF invested in some new official photos which they could use.

Duke of Marmalade 12-17-2019 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by An Ard Ri (Post 2274604)
Juan Carlos and Sofia cards up until last year were more traditional with a Nativity scene ,I wish the SRF invested in some new official photos which they could use.

:previous:
The last official pics are from 2010, especially Felipe is hardly recognizable compared to how he looks today.

eya 12-11-2020 12:49 PM

The Christmas Card from the Royal Family with a photograph of the Princess of Asturias and the Infanta Sofía taken last October in Somao, a town that was awarded the 2020 Exemplary People of Asturias Award


https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eo-U80TW...name=4096x4096
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eo-U80WW...name=4096x4096

carlota 12-11-2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eya (Post 2359915)
The Christmas Card from the Royal Family with a photograph of the Princess of Asturias and the Infanta Sofía taken last October in Somao, a town that was awarded the 2020 Exemplary People of Asturias Award


https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eo-U80TW...name=4096x4096
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eo-U80WW...name=4096x4096

a sweet picture that they chose this year!

Blog Real 12-11-2020 01:26 PM

:previous:
And the Christmas card of King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia.

https://www.casareal.es/sitios/lista...vidad_ca_2.jpg

https://www.casareal.es/sitios/lista...vidad_ca_3.jpg

https://www.casareal.es/ES/ArchivoMu...px?data=247432

Duke of Marmalade 12-11-2020 02:37 PM

Lovely picture of the girls. They usually don't do anything related to Christmas so no surprise here.
JC's got some nerve, I'll give him that.

An Ard Ri 12-11-2020 03:37 PM

The photo of Leonor and Sofia is really lovely, perhaps Queen Sofia chose the nativity scene for their card and JC had no input.

HereditaryPrincess 12-12-2020 06:21 PM

Charming photo of Leonor and Sofia!

I think Felipe and his family normally choose a photo from earlier on in the year rather than a festive themed photo. IIRC the last time they did a festive card was when Leonor was a toddler.

Countessmeout 12-12-2020 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess (Post 2360340)
Charming photo of Leonor and Sofia!

I think Felipe and his family normally choose a photo from earlier on in the year rather than a festive themed photo. IIRC the last time they did a festive card was when Leonor was a toddler.

Yes in 2006 they had a cute Christmas photo of Leonor.

https://spanish-royals.tumblr.com/po...s-published-by

Some of them were at least more fall photos.

I guess makes sense. They don't drag out the Christmas decorations way early to do. Most royal Christmas cards that are actual photos are taken earlier in the year.

CyrilVladisla 12-13-2020 01:39 AM

Enchanting picture of Leonor and Sofia. Their smiles portray a radiant joyfulness.

Duke of Marmalade 12-13-2020 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 2360343)
Yes in 2006 they had a cute Christmas photo of Leonor.

https://spanish-royals.tumblr.com/po...s-published-by

Some of them were at least more fall photos.

I guess makes sense. They don't drag out the Christmas decorations way early to do. Most royal Christmas cards that are actual photos are taken earlier in the year.


There was a lot of controversy about this photo, Leonor standing on one leg only etc., since then there usually was a 'girls only' shot every other year.

Alisa 12-13-2020 08:54 AM

That was one of my favorite cards because it truly was a Christmas card. Except the standing on one feet was weird.

I personally like Chrismas cards to look like Christmas cards. I don't like fall pictures, pictures from a major occasion earlier on in the year, ...no.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises