The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f114/)
-   -   Birth of Lady Louise (November 8, 2003) and Christening (April 24, 2004) (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f114/birth-of-lady-louise-november-8-2003-and-christening-april-24-2004-a-1221.html)

Alexandria 11-09-2003 02:00 AM

Birth of Lady Louise (November 8, 2003) and Christening (April 24, 2004)

1 Attachment(s)
https://news.bbc.co.uk

Sophie has baby girl early

The Countess of Wessex has given birth to a girl a month early, Buckingham Palace has announced.

The baby, who weighs 4lb 9oz, was delivered by emergency Caesarean section at 2332 GMT on Saturday.

The countess, 38, was admitted to Frimley Park Hospital in Surrey from her home at Bagshot Park on Saturday night.

Both mother and baby are stable but the baby has been transferred to a neo-natal unit at St George's Hospital in Tooting, London, as a precaution.

Sophie will remain in hospital "for the foreseeable future", the palace said.

The pregnancy had been progressing well and royal gynaecologist Marcus Setchell had expected to deliver the child early in December.

Earl returns

Mr Setchell was present at the hospital for the emergency operation, which was carried out by surgeon Sukhpal Singh with gynaecologist Anne Deans and midwife Adrienne Price.

The Earl of Wessex is on an official visit to Mauritius, but was flying home immediately.

The Queen is being kept informed of events.

Sophie had been due to travel to London for Sunday's Remembrance Day service and parade at the Cenotaph with other members of the Royal Family.

The child, the first for the Queen's youngest son and his wife, is the Queen's seventh grandchild and eighth in line to the throne.

The birth follows a traumatic failed pregnancy in December 2001 when Sophie was airlifted to hospital after suffering an ectopic pregnancy.

Official engagements

Surgeons operated to remove the foetus from her fallopian tube after she was rushed to King Edward VII Hospital by air ambulance.

Doctors said that if the condition had continued undiagnosed, it could have been life-threatening.

The countess initially suspended official engagements in the early stages of her pregnancy, on doctors' advice, but had resumed duties by June.

Three days ago she opened new offices for the ChildLine charity in London.

When Edward and Sophie married in 1999, it was decided, with the Queen's agreement, that any children they had would not be called His or Her Royal Highness.

Instead, the couple's baby girl will take the title of Lady.

Fireweaver 11-09-2003 02:13 AM

Just realized something, The Queen never got that Royal letter/patent thing out.
So in theory, we've got a new Royal Highness/Princess!

liv 11-09-2003 06:00 AM

Congratulations!I´m very happy for them.Sophie must be the happiest woman on earth because she wanted a baby so much.Enjoy this day,Sophie!!!!!!!For Edward it must be a surprise.He comes home as a daddy!!! :rolleyes:

royal_sophietje 11-09-2003 06:07 AM

Congrats to the parents :)

liv 11-09-2003 06:17 AM

What do you think will be the name of the girl?I would like Lady Helena????

Yennie 11-09-2003 07:02 AM

aww, I´m so happy for them!

xxLindaxx 11-09-2003 07:33 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!
:clap:

Martine 11-09-2003 08:41 AM

this is really good news ! :clap: :clap:

I hope Sophie and the baby are doing fine

any news on the name yet?

Dennism 11-09-2003 08:42 AM

Brava to her and to her daughter:

paulette 11-09-2003 09:29 AM

Congratulations to the new parents!!

I know Prince Edward and Sophie are very happy these times.

Alexandra 11-09-2003 09:57 AM

:clap: Congratulations! Nice that is was a girl! :clap:

liv 11-09-2003 10:02 AM

What do you think will be he name of the little girl?

I would like:[B]Helena

And I guess there will be Elizabeth in her name as a tribute to the Queen

Dennism 11-09-2003 10:26 AM

I suppose Emily isn't going to happen. I like Helena. How about Alison or Katherine?

Alexandria 11-09-2003 10:26 AM

www.yahoo.com - No name yet, but a comment from Prince Charles ...

Countess of Wessex Gives Birth to Baby

LONDON - The Countess of Wessex, wife of the youngest son of Queen Elizabeth II, has given birth to a baby girl by emergency Caesarean section, Buckingham Palace said Sunday.

The palace said the baby, who was born just before midnight, several weeks prematurely, weighed 4 lbs 9 oz. Doctors at Frimley Park Hospital south of London said both mother and daughter were "stable."

The former Sophie Rhys-Jones, 38, married Prince Edward, the queen's fourth and youngest child, in 1999. The couple's first baby is eighth in line to the throne.

The palace said the baby had been moved from the hospital, near Edward and Sophie's rural home, to the neonatal unit of St. George's Hospital in London as a precaution. The Countess would be staying in hospital "for the foreseeable future," the palace said.

It said Prince Edward, 39, was flying home from an official visit to Mauritius to see his wife and daughter.

Edward's older brother Prince Charles said he was delighted at the news.

"I'm thrilled to hear that my sister-in-law has given birth to a baby girl. I know how much this means to both her and my brother and I could not be more delighted," the prince said during an official visit to Oman.

Sophie suffered a miscarriage in December 2001 after doctors diagnosed an ectopic, or tubal, pregnancy, a potentially dangerous condition where the fetus develops outside the uterus.

Sancia 11-09-2003 11:11 AM

Why not a Lady Victoria, or Lady Elizabeth? Maybe Lady Mary, the grand-mother of the Queen?

hrhcp 11-09-2003 11:31 AM

Quote:

Fireweaver  Posted: Nov 9th, 2003 - 1:13 am

Just realized something, The Queen never got that Royal letter/patent thing out.

?

Fireweaver 11-09-2003 11:42 AM

Remember the debate over what title the kid was going to have? Edward and Sophie wanted the kid (as was said at the time of their wedding) to have the style and title of a Earl's kid. However,if Her Majesty didn't make a royal decree/patent/letter (whatever the thing is called) the baby, as grandchild of the soverign, would be automatically entitled to the HRH and Prince/Princess title, which is obviously higher then what they'd have as an Earl's child.
Instead of Lady X, she's technically HRH Princess X.

hrhsb 11-09-2003 11:55 AM

I think the name will be Elizabeth Helen Margaret or Elizabeth Helen Charlotte

sara1981 11-09-2003 12:06 PM

I think Sophie and Edward will think about baby's name but hard think! i read articles said not given title for baby but must!

im happy that Sophie and baby are doing fine but Edward missed it! im wishes he will come see her from trip.

but its so small baby 4lbs its okay!

Sara Boyce

TOMMIX 11-09-2003 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Fireweaver@Nov 9th, 2003 - 1:13 am
So in theory, we've got a new Royal Highness/Princess!

:flower: You are absolutely correct. The new baby girl IS a Royal Highness and a Princess of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
HM The Queen has NOT issused the necesary Letters Patent to deprive her grandaughter of her proper Royal status.
I think perhaps the suddeness of the child's birth has caught Buckingham Palace off gaurd. IF HM does issue the Letters Patent, I think it would be a shame and a radical violation of many years of British tradition. I would love to see the little one remain an HRH and a Princess.
Of course, HM can do as she pleases, it is her Royal Prerogative. She is the "font of all honours". :flower:

The notice to the general public concerning any Letters Patent, are routinely gazzeted in the Times, [usually in the Court Circular].

sara1981 11-09-2003 12:08 PM

I told you wait and see because Sophie will annoucement their baby's name! because she is first parents she will think name but you cant forces to takes name over like that!

Sara Boyce

Alexandria 11-09-2003 12:24 PM

The official statement from Buckingham Palace (www.royal.gov.uk):

9 November 2003
HRH THE COUNTESS OF WESSEX GIVES BIRTH TO A BABY GIRL

THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT IS ISSUED BY THE PRESS SECRETARY TO HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN
Buckingham Palace announces that a baby girl was born to TRH The Earl and Countess of Wessex at 11.30pm on Saturday, 8 November at Frimley General Hospital, Surrey, by Caesarian section.

Both The Countess of Wessex and the baby are stable. The baby was subsequently moved to the regional neo-natal unit at St. George's Hospital, Tooting, south London. The Countess will remain for the time being at Frimley General Hospital.

His Royal Highness The Earl of Wessex has cut short his official visit to Mauritius, and is flying home to visit his wife and daughter.

The Queen is delighted by the news of the new arrival, and is is being regularly kept informed of progress. The Queen is very pleased to hear that The Countess of Wessex and the baby are doing well.

TOMMIX 11-09-2003 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Fireweaver@Nov 9th, 2003 - 10:42 am
Remember the debate over what title the kid was going to have? Edward and Sophie wanted the kid (as was said at the time of their wedding) to have the style and title of a Earl's kid. However,if Her Majesty didn't make a royal decree/patent/letter (whatever the thing is called) the baby, as grandchild of the soverign, would be automatically entitled to the HRH and Prince/Princess title, which is obviously higher then what they'd have as an Earl's child.
Instead of Lady X, she's technically HRH Princess X.

As a "male-line grandchild" the new baby is entitled to the HRH/Princess titles. If the baby was a female-line grandchild she would not be entitled to any titles. An example of this would be the Princess Royal's children Peter and Zara. They have no Royal status or titles . They are commoners.

Fireweaver 11-09-2003 12:28 PM

Good point. I'd forgotten that detail.
Think there will be a formal change, or will the baby technically still be a HRH Princess, but have the style of an earl's daughter?

liv 11-09-2003 12:30 PM

Okay,Sara I think we all know that Sophie and Edward are her parents,but let´s have some fun speculating about the girl´s name.
Victoria Alexandra Mary Elizabeth would be very possible.When I think carefully I think S&E will give her daughter some traditional names.So I think it could be this suggestion.But don´t think I´m stupid I would like something new in the royal family something modern and fresh not always the "old traditional names".It would become very boring and I hope Sophie is independent and brave enough to choose anew extraordinary name for her little princess!!! :heart:

TOMMIX 11-09-2003 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Fireweaver@Nov 9th, 2003 - 11:28 am
Good point. I'd forgotten that detail.
Think there will be a formal change, or will the baby technically still be a HRH Princess, but have the style of an earl's daughter?

:flower: It all depends on the wording of any forthcoming Letters Patent. HM could deprive the new baby of ALL her Royal status, or she could allow her to have only the courtesy title of "Lady", the baby being the daughter of an Earl.
There is the possibility of her technically remaining an HRH/Princess, but having her known by the public at large as the "Lady" X . To me this seems highly unlikely. I think it would tend to cause a lot of confusion.
As I stated in a previous post, HM can do as she sees fit. HM is the "font of all honours". :heart:

hrhsb 11-09-2003 01:22 PM

Well, I believe the name will have both Elizabeth and Helen in it. Perhaps something like:

Elizabeth Helen Margaret

Helen Elizabeth Alice

Charlotte Elizabeth Helen

However, my radical suggestions would be more along the lines of:

Abigail Helen Elizabeth

Chloe Elizabeth Helen

Julia Helen Elizabeth

Amelia Elizabeth Helen

:king:

kittencrews 11-09-2003 01:24 PM

I like your Avatar!!!! :P

hrhsb 11-09-2003 01:26 PM

I posted this before but in the wrong place. I think the name could be something like:

Elizabeth Helen Margaret

Charlotte Elizabeth Helen

However, my slightly more radical suggestions would be:

Abigail Elizabeth Helen

Chloe Helen Margaret

Amelia Elizabeth Margaret

Alexandria 11-09-2003 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hrhsb@Nov 9th, 2003 - 12:26 pm
Abigail Elizabeth Helen
Abigail is a beautiful suggestion.

But how about Abigail Helen Elizabeth? It rolls off the tongue a bit easier. But beautiful all around.

Lena 11-09-2003 01:46 PM

Why is the baby eight in line to the throne? Don´t princess Anne and her children count in the line of succession? Is it just: Charles-William-Henry-Andrew-Beatrice-Eugenie-Edward-new born baby...???

Alexandria 11-09-2003 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lena@Nov 9th, 2003 - 12:46 pm
Why is the baby eight in line to the throne? Don´t princess Anne and her children count in the line of succession? Is it just: Charles-William-Henry-Andrew-Beatrice-Eugenie-Edward-new born baby...???
Women follow their brothers in the present line of succession, therefore Anne, even though she is older than her brothers, still follows them and their offspring in the line to the throne.

Fireweaver 11-09-2003 02:05 PM

How long did it take for the other British royals to release the names of their kids? Is it to be soon, or do we have to wait for the christening?

Helen88 11-09-2003 02:10 PM

I think the name will be announced soon...and Helen would be a wonderful choice! :rolleyes:

Lena 11-09-2003 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Alexandria@Nov 9th, 2003 - 12:50 pm

Women follow their brothers in the present line of succession, therefore Anne, even though she is older than her brothers, still follows them and their offspring in the line to the throne.

Has GB changed the succession-laws for the next generation? So that a possible first born girl of prince William could become Queen?

A.C.C. 11-09-2003 03:16 PM

What about Helen Elizabeth Alexandra or Elizabeth Helen Alexandra or Elizabeth Alexandra Helen, or Elizabeth Helen Mary. Something to that effect.

liv 11-09-2003 03:52 PM

Very traditional names.I would like Laura. :heart:

Alexandra 11-09-2003 03:52 PM

:cry: Hey, why does everybody vote for Helen? Is there some speciel reason the baby girl should be called so? Some important relative, perhaps? Helena is just one of the names I never, never liked. There are lots and lots of Helenas just of my own age and I was ever so glad, I am not one of them.
But if she will be Helen after all, I shall accept it. :P

To all Helenas: I have nothing against you as persons! :flower:

Alexandra 11-09-2003 04:02 PM

:shock: Please, can anybody tell me what 4 lbs 9 oz makes in kilos? Is it something about 2 kgs? :blink:

Alexandria 11-09-2003 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lena@Nov 9th, 2003 - 1:21 pm
Has GB changed the succession-laws for the next generation? So that a possible first born girl of prince William could become Queen?
Yes, I think a change will take effect starting with Prince William's kids. Whether he has a boy or girl first, it will be the next heir to throne. If it is a girl, she will still take precedence, even if she has younger brothers.

syima 11-09-2003 04:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Earl of Wessex has arrived at Frimley Park Hospital in Surrey to visit his wife Sophie, who last night gave birth to their first daughter in an emergency Caesarian operation.

Prince Edward rushed back from an official trip in Mauritius to be by his wife's side.

Watched by onlookers and the waiting media he smiled as he hurried through the hospital doors to see his wife.

Wearing a blue blazer, yellow shirt, tie and a poppy he was greeted by hospital staff and ushered into the building.

The baby, who is eighth in line to the throne and is the Queen's seventh grandchild, weighed 4lb 9oz and was several weeks premature.

Doctors at Frimley Park Hospital said both mother and daughter were "stable".

However, as a precaution, the baby was transferred to the neo-natal unit at St George's Hospital, Tooting, south London.

The Queen is said to be "delighted" by the news of her new grandchild.

Buckingham Palace said: "The Queen is being kept regularly informed on the progress of both mother and baby, and is pleased to hear that they are doing well."

A Palace spokeswoman added that any hospital visit by the Queen would be private.

Parents visit the Countess

The Countess's parents spent an hour-and-a-quarter with her on Sunday before going on to see the baby.

Mr Christopher Rhys-Jones said: "Sophie is absolutely fine. She's heavily sedated and rather sleepy but she is perfectly OK. The baby is also fine."

When asked if the baby had been given a name, he said: "It's really not my position to say.

The Countess, 38, who suffered a potentially life-threatening ectopic pregnancy two years ago, will stay in hospital "for the foreseeable future", the Palace said.

The Countess was admitted to hospital from her nearby home at Bagshot Park after she became unwell.

Until then, the pregnancy had been progressing well without complications and royal gynaecologist Marcus Setchell was due to deliver the child early in December.

It had been expected that the Countess would give birth at a private London hospital.

The baby, who will not be given the title of Her Royal Highness, will instead be known as Lady Windsor or possibly Mountbatten-Windsor.

[B]Congratulation to couple ;)

sara1981 11-09-2003 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Alexandria+Nov 9th, 2003 - 12:35 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alexandria @ Nov 9th, 2003 - 12:35 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hrhsb@Nov 9th, 2003 - 12:26 pm
Abigail Elizabeth Helen
Abigail is a beautiful suggestion.

But how about Abigail Helen Elizabeth? It rolls off the tongue a bit easier. But beautiful all around. [/b][/quote]
you copy my cousin&#39;s name&#33;

Abigail Abby Bean

Sara Boyce

A.C.C. 11-09-2003 05:44 PM

From CNN

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Britain's royal family welcomed a new member Sunday after the wife of the Earl of Wessex gave birth to a daughter during an emergency Caesarian section, Buckingham Palace announced.

Sophie, the Countess of Wessex, and her infant daughter were in stable condition after the operation, a palace spokeswoman said.

Her husband, Edward -- the queen's youngest son -- was on an official visit to Mauritius when the birth occurred. He flew home immediately and was expected at Frimley Park Hospital late Sunday.

The child, whose name has not been released, was several weeks premature. She weighed 4 pounds 9 ounces after her birth at 11:32 p.m. Saturday, the spokeswoman said.

The girl is the seventh grandchild of Queen Elizabeth II and is eighth in line for the throne.

The 38-year-old countess was admitted Saturday night to Frimley Park Hospital in Surrey, near her home, but the baby has now been transferred to the neo-natal unit of St. George's Hospital in south London as a precaution.

The countess, who suffered a potentially life-threatening ectopic pregnancy two years ago, would be staying in hospital "for the foreseeable future," the palace said.

Until she fell ill on Saturday, the pregnancy had been progressing well without complications. Royal gynecologist Marcus Setchell had expected to deliver the child early in December.

Congratulations to the entire family
Congratulations to Sophie

Alexandria 11-09-2003 06:14 PM

Was the baby born on Sunday, 9 November or Saturday, 8 November?

I had read mostly Saturday evening but this last article says Sunday (early morning I suppose if Sophie was admitted into the hospital Saturday).

All these time zones, it would be confusing. But it certainly makes a difference in the little Princess (or Lady as the case may be)&#39;s birthday.

Alexandria 11-09-2003 06:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Polfoto 09-11-2003 Father of Sophie, Countess of Wessex, Christopher Rhys-Jones, leaves Frimley Park Hospital, Camberley, Surrey, Sunday November 9 2003, where the Countess gave birth to a baby girl yesterday.

A.C.C. 11-09-2003 06:21 PM

I&#39;m going to say Saturday.

Prince Edward has commented that he was very "shocked and delighted" at the news. He said Sophie was doing better and that she hadn&#39;t seen her daughter. He said he was rushing off to London to see his new daughter and thanked emergency teams for their help. He said that he hadn&#39;t spoken to The Queen and no name had been chosen.

Alexandria 11-09-2003 06:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Polfoto 09-11-2003 Father of Sophie, Countess of Wessex, Christopher Rhys-Jones, leaves Frimley Park Hospital, Camberley, Surrey, Sunday November 9 2003, where the Countess gave birth to a baby girl yesterday.

Alexandria 11-09-2003 06:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Polfoto 09-11-2003 Mother of Sophie, Countess of Wessex, Mary Rhys-Jones, leaves Frimley Park Hospital, Camberley, Surrey, Sunday November 9 2003, where the Countess gave birth to a baby girl yesterday.

Alexandria 11-09-2003 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by A.C.C.@Nov 9th, 2003 - 5:21 pm
I&#39;m going to say Saturday.

Prince Edward has commented that he was very "shocked and delighted" at the news. He said Sophie was doing better and that she hadn&#39;t seen her daughter. He said he was rushing off to London to see his new daughter and thanked emergency teams for their help. He said that he hadn&#39;t spoken to The Queen and no name had been chosen.

Thank you A.C.C. ... I can&#39;t believe Sophie hasn&#39;t seen her daughter yet, though? I thought that the always let the mom hold the baby right after birth, either immediately after birth or after cleaning the baby up a bit. Or is that a North American thing? And maybe in Sophie&#39;s case it was different because she had a C-section? But they could&#39;ve at least wheeled the baby over in her basinette so Sophie could see her. :(

A.C.C. 11-09-2003 06:35 PM

What Elizabeth Edwina Helen or Caroline Louise Mary??? (I think I spelled Louise wrong)

Helena 11-09-2003 06:48 PM

Quote:

Hey, why does everybody vote for Helen? Is there some speciel reason the baby girl should be called so? Some important relative, perhaps? Helena is just one of the names I never, never liked. There are lots and lots of Helenas just of my own age and I was ever so glad, I am not one of them.
But if she will be Helen after all, I shall accept it.&nbsp;

well.....thank you very much Alexandria... :P (just kidding...Helena is only my 2nd name which I use on the boards, my real name is Ghislaine)....but Princess Helena was a very nice lady....

My suggestions: Lady Alice Elizabeth Victoria, Lady Mary-Anne Elizabeth Alexandra

Britters 11-09-2003 06:49 PM

I love the traditional names, in fact if/when I have my own baby girl I have picked out the name Elizabeth Viktoria or Madeleine Elizabeth...but I would love to see a break with traditoial names, not all together, but throw one "odd" name in or something...maybe Emma or something popular in the UK
I would also like to point out to Sara B...(this was posted on another thread, but it dealt with the same thing), Viscount and Lady are titles, not first names, and therefore the Earl and the Countess selecting them is not the same as them announing a name&#33;

Binny 11-09-2003 06:49 PM

Much as I like Helen, I don&#39;t think they&#39;ll go for that because of Lady Helen Taylor. What about Charlotte or Caroline?

Binny 11-09-2003 06:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Britain&#39;s Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, arrives at Frimley Park hospital in Surrey, near London, to visit his wife Sophie, Countess of Wessex, November 9, 2003. Prince Edward flew home from a state visit to Mauritius after the countess gave birth to a daughter by emergency caesarean section a month early on Saturday night. REUTERS/Hugo Philpott

Fireweaver 11-09-2003 07:01 PM

I think succession is still males first, then females.
I can&#39;t believe Sophie hasn&#39;t seen her baby yet. I bet as soon as she&#39;s semi-awake she&#39;s gonna be raising a royal ruckus to go see the wee one :)

syima 11-09-2003 07:29 PM

I think the name could be something like:

Daisy or Florence or Hannah?

What do you thinks????

mybags 11-09-2003 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Alexandra@Nov 9th, 2003 - 2:52 pm
:cry: Hey, why does everybody vote for Helen? Is there some speciel reason the baby girl should be called so? Some important relative, perhaps? Helena is just one of the names I never, never liked. There are lots and lots of Helenas just of my own age and I was ever so glad, I am not one of them.

To all Helenas: I have nothing against you as persons&#33; :flower:

Helen is Sophie&#39;s middle name.

sara1981 11-09-2003 07:49 PM

its hard for Sophie to see baby&#33; its really premature baby its should let Sophie see the baby and also Edward too&#33; but Sophie never touch baby before&#33; i wishes it&#33;

Sara Boyce

A.C.C. 11-09-2003 07:51 PM

Well, my mother had a c-section, and she had to make complaints to see me, but there was a woman next door who also had a c-section, and she couldn&#39;t see her child or rather, she wasn&#39;t near her child. So this might be a customary thing. But as long as both mother and daughter are doing well, I don&#39;t think there is anything to worry about.

hrhcp 11-09-2003 08:07 PM

Quote:

Alexandra&nbsp; Posted: Nov 9th, 2003 - 3:02 pm

tell me what 4 lbs 9 oz makes in kilos? Is it something about 2 kgs?

Pretty close. 2.07 kg.

there are 16 oz per lb, and 2.2 lbs per kg.

A.C.C. 11-09-2003 09:35 PM

Do you think The Queen or other members of the royal family wii visit the baby or Sophie tomorrow or in the next few days? I hope they do.

sara1981 11-09-2003 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by A.C.C.@Nov 9th, 2003 - 8:35 pm
Do you think The Queen or other members of the royal family wii visit the baby or Sophie tomorrow or in the next few days? I hope they do.
im sure&#33;

i read article said Her Majesty will visit her for private only&#33; and after Sophie in the hospital she will bring baby to Buckingham Palace visit granny and grandpa and family and big cousin but Harry would receive news from Auntie Sophie&#39;s birth maybe Prince Charles will phone from him i wishes&#33;

Sara Boyce

moosey60 11-09-2003 09:59 PM

Whoa&#33; Well, what a surprise. I was debating whether or not to check this forum, but I&#39;m glad I did. Gee, 4.somethin&#39; pounds? That can&#39;t be healthy, 2.2 pounds to a kilogram, that&#39;s like 2 and a bit kg. Well, I&#39;m sure the kid will be fat and healthy at her christening. Congrats to the earl & countess :flower:

How about:

Victoria Helena Mary

moosey60 11-09-2003 10:01 PM

Lady Victoria Helena Mary

Lady Elizabeth Victoria Mary

Lady Helena Elizabeth Mary

Lady Elizabeth Helen Rose

Lady Elizabeth Helena Mary

Lady Helena Margaret Rose

Lady Mary Helena Rose

Hmm... :flower:

moosey60 11-09-2003 10:03 PM

All of the girls have rather traditional names in variation:

HRH Princess Beatrice Elizabeth Mary

HRH Princess Eugenie Victoria Helena (or somethin&#39; like that)

Now: Lady Victoria Helena Rose :innocent:

Lena 11-09-2003 10:10 PM

What would you think, if they would call their daughter Diana???
My personal favourite is "Elizabeth" as first name. The little girl has (or should I say "had") such a wonderful great grandmother, why not call her like her&#33; And until now no one of the Queen´s grandchildren is called like her and like Queen mum.

A.C.C. 11-09-2003 11:12 PM

I think Elizabeth is great as well.

A.C.C. 11-09-2003 11:15 PM

I always did like the name Victoria, but I&#39;m hoping Elizabeth is somewhere in her name. I also hope The Queen changes her mind and lets Her 7th grandchild remain a princess which is her birthright.

sara1981 11-09-2003 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lena@Nov 9th, 2003 - 9:10 pm
What would you think, if they would call their daughter Diana???
My personal favourite is "Elizabeth" as first name. The little girl has (or should I say "had") such a wonderful great grandmother, why not call her like her&#33; And until now no one of the Queen´s grandchildren is called like her and like Queen mum.

nice try&#33;

but let Sophie and Edward choose that name okay&#33;

Sara Boyce

sara1981 11-09-2003 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by A.C.C.@Nov 9th, 2003 - 10:12 pm
I think Elizabeth is great as well.
you know that Sophie and Edward will choose that name for baby&#33; please not forces that name okay&#33; when baby gets out of hospital if Sophie and Edward would not allowed to given title for new baby you know that.

Sara Boyce

sara1981 11-09-2003 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by A.C.C.@Nov 9th, 2003 - 10:15 pm
I always did like the name Victoria, but I&#39;m hoping Elizabeth is somewhere in her name. I also hope The Queen changes her mind and lets Her 7th grandchild remain a princess which is her birthright.
you know that Sophie and Edward will choose that name&#33; please not choose that name from you&#33; when got release from Hospital if couples wanted important names for baby&#39;s wait and see&#33;

Sara Boyce

Fireweaver 11-09-2003 11:55 PM

Sara, we&#39;re just having fun speculating on the name(s).
I understand you don&#39;t want to participate in that part of the discussion, I understand, but don&#39;t make it uncomfortable for the others to particpate :)

Britters 11-10-2003 01:10 AM

Sara we are all simply speculating and having a good time thinki9ng of baby names...no one is trying to force anything on anyone, and it would be somewhat difficult for any of us to force a name anyhow...none of us know Sophie or Edward, and I highly doubt they come on line to look at names from message boards...please lay off and let us enjoy ourselves, we aren&#39;t harming anyone by thinking of and speculating on names for the newest British Royal we are just excited and happy for the proud parents.

Zara04 11-10-2003 01:40 AM

RE: https://www.lestribunesroyales.com/forums/i...?showtopic=3115

<<<<<<<10/06/03 I predict the Wessexes will have a girl.
I like Victoria. Charles had the "rights" to Victoria and no other British royal is "allowed" to use that name for their child. However, I think Camilla is a little "long in the tooth" for him to care any more.
So, I like Victoria Elizabeth Helen Rose. >>>>>>

:flower: :grrr: CONGRATS TO THE NEW PARENTS&#33; HERE&#39;S TO A HAPPY AND HEALTHY LITTLE GIRL&#33; :clap:

I was right (yeh&#33;) that they would have a girl. I still like the above name but had a thought. Maybe Zofia or Sophia. Zofia Elizabeth Margaret Rose would be my second choice I think............

You think maybe the royal couple read this board? :innocent: B)

peace. zara

Fireweaver 11-10-2003 01:52 AM

Feel free to speculate people :)
I personally like
Elizabeth philippa alexandra mary
Preferably with "Her Royal Highness, Princess" in front of it :)

Alexandra 11-10-2003 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 10th, 2003 - 2:07 am
Quote:

Alexandra* Posted: Nov 9th, 2003 - 3:02 pm

tell me what 4 lbs 9 oz makes in kilos? Is it something about 2 kgs?

Pretty close. 2.07 kg.

there are 16 oz per lb, and 2.2 lbs per kg.

:lol: Thank you, King Christian&#33;

Alexandra 11-10-2003 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mybags+Nov 10th, 2003 - 1:35 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>
Quote:

(mybags @ Nov 10th, 2003 - 1:35 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alexandra@Nov 9th, 2003 - 2:52 pm
:cry:&nbsp; Hey, why does everybody vote for Helen? Is there some speciel reason the baby girl should be called so? Some important relative, perhaps? Helena is just one of the names I never, never liked. There are lots and lots of Helenas just of my own age and I was ever so glad, I am not one of them.

To all Helenas: I have nothing against you as persons!&nbsp; :flower:
Helen is Sophie's middle name.
:lol: Oh, that's why! Thnak you, mybags, for explanation! :lol:

Alexandra 11-10-2003 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Fireweaver@Nov 10th, 2003 - 7:52 am
Feel free to speculate people :)
I personally like
Elizabeth philippa alexandra mary
Preferably with "Her Royal Highness, Princess" in front of it :)

Well, Philippa would be something new in royal circles&#33; Not bad at all&#33;
What about Pauline? No, perhaps not.

Josefine 11-10-2003 07:11 AM

What about Josephine :innocent:

syima 11-10-2003 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Josefine@Nov 10th, 2003 - 6:11 am
What about Josephine :innocent:
Hi there,

:P Hmmm could be Josephine. Wait and see what Sophie&#39;s baby name going to be....

TOMMIX 11-10-2003 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lena+Nov 9th, 2003 - 1:21 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>
Quote:

(Lena @ Nov 9th, 2003 - 1:21 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alexandria@Nov 9th, 2003 - 12:50 pm

Has GB changed the succession-laws for the next generation? So that a possible first born girl of prince William could become Queen? [/b]
No, the succession laws in the UK have not been changed.

Alexandria 11-10-2003 02:56 PM

www.hellomagazine.com

SOPHIE AND BABY DOING WELL AFTER EMERGENCY OP

10 NOVEMBER 2003
The Countess of Wessex and her new baby are both recovering well after undergoing an emergency Caesarean section. The drama began on Saturday night when Sophie, who was dining at home, began complaining of agonising stomach pains.

She was taken by ambulance to Frimley Park Hospital in Surrey where the baby was delivered just before midnight. The little girl, who weighed just 4lb 9oz, arrived one month earlier than expected.

The baby was immediately transferred to a specialised neo-natal unit while Sophie remained at Frimley Park. A spokesman for the royal couple said the decision to take the baby to St George&#39;s in London was simply a precaution, and she is expected to be fine.

Prince Edward missed the birth as he was on an official tour of Mauritius. Upon hearing the news he took the first flight to Paris, where an RAF jet was waiting to rush him back to London.

"I am rather shocked at the moment, but delighted and thrilled to bits," he said after visiting his wife. "I have seen Sophie and she is doing well, though she has had a bit of a fraught time of it."

The Countess is still recovering in hospital and has yet to lay eyes on her new daughter. "We are hoping that one or the other gets well soon enough so they can be together," said Edward.

Alexandria 11-10-2003 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TOMMIX@Nov 10th, 2003 - 10:03 am
No, the succession laws in the UK have not been changed.
Thank you for the information TOMMIX. I thought I had read that it had changed and was part of the Queen&#39;s attempts to modernize the monarchy. Too bad she hasn&#39;t because it seems so archaic, espescially since she is a female reingning monarch, I was hoping that she would see and believe as well as anyone that a woman could do the job, too, and that the rights of female members of the monarchy would be equal to those of their male counterparts regardless of birth order.

A.C.C. 11-10-2003 04:56 PM

If the new royal baby becoms Lady X, how would she be addressed? Her grace, the honourable?

A.C.C. 11-10-2003 05:02 PM

What about Cecilia Elizabeth Alexandra Mary or Cecilia Alexandra Elizabeth Helen?

syima 11-10-2003 07:33 PM

My little sister think the baby name going to be Mary. :shifty:

Alexandria 11-10-2003 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by A.C.C.@Nov 10th, 2003 - 4:02 pm
What about Cecilia Elizabeth Alexandra Mary or Cecilia Alexandra Elizabeth Helen?
I love the name Cecilia&#33; Princess (or Lady&#33;) Cecilia of Wessex has a lovely ring to it&#33;

(It reminds me of the Simon & Garfunkel song Cecilia - a very fun song, by the way&#33;)

How about Princess (Lady) Cecilia Helen Elizabeth of Wessex?

Binny 11-10-2003 08:31 PM

Yes, Cecilia is lovely (and a bit different too). Really like it.

(The Simon & Garfunkel song is fun to exercise with)&#33;

moosey60 11-10-2003 08:39 PM

Haha, there was a song about Cecilia or somethin&#39;, it went somethin&#39; like :innocent: "Cecilia, I&#39;m down on me knees, gimme a reason please, to give up me whiskaaaaaaay&#33;" :innocent: Umm...actually minus the Scottish inuendo, and you&#39;ll have a song. All the girrrrrls in the royal family get three names, only the boyyyys get four names. Aye, lassie, a wee Elizabeth Victoria Mary is what we&#39;ll have. :flower:

Alexandria 11-10-2003 08:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
www.ibl.se - PRINCE EDWARD ARRIVING AT FRIMLEY PARK HOSPITAL, TO VISIT HIS WIFE AFTER THE BIRTH OF THEIR DAUGHTER, SURREY, BRITAIN - 09 NOV 2003

moosey60 11-10-2003 08:43 PM

"Lady" is a courtesy title, she&#39;d be addressed as Lady [Elizabeth] or simply as Miss/Lady Windsor. I don&#39;t think she&#39;ll get a "her grace" in front of it. Although it is her birthright to have two H&#39;s and an R infront of her name.

How &#39;bout Elizabeth Victoria Mary?

Alexandria 11-10-2003 08:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
www.ibl.se - PRINCE EDWARD ARRIVING AT FRIMLEY PARK HOSPITAL, TO VISIT HIS WIFE AFTER THE BIRTH OF THEIR DAUGHTER, SURREY, BRITAIN - 09 NOV 2003

Alexandria 11-10-2003 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by moosey60@Nov 10th, 2003 - 7:39 pm
Haha, there was a song about Cecilia or somethin&#39;, it went somethin&#39; like :innocent: "Cecilia, I&#39;m down on me knees, gimme a reason please, to give up me whiskaaaaaaay&#33;" :innocent: Umm...actually minus the Scottish inuendo, and you&#39;ll have a song.
That&#39;s the Simon & Garfunkel song Binny and I were referring to. A most fun song on retro nights at clubs&#33; ... I don&#39;t know about working out to it, though Binny. I don&#39;t think even Simon & Garfunkel and Cecilia could make any work out fun for me&#33;

A.C.C. 11-10-2003 09:29 PM

I could have sworn I read somwhere that on formal occassions, women who are ladies or duchesses, etc., are addressed as your grace or something, but maybe I&#39;m wrong. Anyway, I think that the new royal baby should be a princess, HRH and all, but that is for The Queen to decide.

A.C.C. 11-10-2003 10:06 PM

I actually like the name Josefine as well. Josefine Elizabeth Helen, Josefine Helen Mary, Josefine Marina Alexandra Mary???

A.C.C. 11-11-2003 12:39 AM

Another statement from Buckingham Palace

10 November 2003
HRH THE COUNTESS OF WESSEX GIVES BIRTH TO A BABY GIRL

THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT IS ISSUED BY THE PRESS SECRETARY TO THE EARL AND COUNTESS OF WESSEX

Her Royal Highness The Countess of Wessex was safely delivered of a baby girl by emergency caesarean section at 11.32pm on Saturday 8th November, at the Frimley Park NHS Hospital in Surrey. The weight of the baby was 4lbs 9oz.

Her Royal Highness and her daughter are both stable. As a purely precautionary measure, the baby was taken to the regional neo natal unit at St George&#39;s Hospital, Tooting.

The medical team attending Her Royal Highness were Mr Gareth Beynon (Consultant Obstetrician/gynaecologist); Mr Sukhpal Singh (Consultant Surgeon); Anne Deans (Consultant Obstetrician/gynaecologist); Dr Peta Maltby (Consultant Paediatrician ); Dr Melinda Brazier (SpR Anaesthetics); Dr Claire Edkins (Consultant Anaesthetics); Mr Adam Lewis (Sarjeant Surgeon to The Queen) and Mr Marcus Setchell (Surgeon Gynaecologist).

The Earl of Wessex, who was on an official visit to Mauritius, flew home early to be with his wife and daughter.

His Royal Highness has now cancelled or postponed planned engagements for the early part of this week, but will represent Her Royal Highness at a reception for the Brainwave charity on Wednesday evening.

The Countess&#39;s previously arranged engagements on 17 and 18 November have now been cancelled.

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh are being kept informed of the progress of both The Countess and her baby, and they are very pleased that they are both doing well.

Her Royal Highness and her daughter will remain in hospital for the foreseeable future.

Well, I guess that means Sophie won&#39;t be participating in events for the State Visit of the President and First Lady of the United States next week. She will probably be reunited with her daughter by then.

ronda 11-11-2003 05:04 AM

I like the name Victoria Elizabeth.......... Not very original though.

Congratulations to the couple .. What great news..

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jenna1186 11-11-2003 05:23 AM

Here are my picks.

Lady Charlotte Grace Elizabeth

Lady Natalie Elizabeth Rose

Lady Cathrine Elizabeth Margaret

Lady Alyxandria Margaret Rose

Lady Madeleine Rose Elizabeth

Lady Isabella Alyxandria Mary

Lady Mathilde Victoria Anne

Lady Josephine Helen Anne

Lady Jacqueline Alyxandria Rose

Jenna1186 11-11-2003 05:59 AM

Cops left Sophie in agony

By JAMIE PYATT and
PAUL THOMPSON
Royal Correspondent

PRINCE Edward’s wife Sophie was left in agony for 30 minutes while in labour — after a police blunder delayed her ambulance.

And the hold-up could have put the Countess of Wessex’s baby — which was four weeks premature — at risk, it was revealed last night.

Sophie, 38, was suffering increasing stomach cramps and her worried doctor ordered her personal protection officer to get immediate help.

He called the Surrey Police HQ in Guildford at 9.55pm on Saturday.

But after half an hour there was no sign of the ambulance to rush her to hospital from her Bagshot home.

By then Sophie was close to collapse.

The doctor and a security guard then both rang Surrey Ambulance — and were stunned to discover no call-out had been requested.

An ambulance was finally despatched at 10.27pm to take her the five miles to Frimley Park Hospital, Surrey. Doctors carried out immediate caesarean surgery and at 11.32pm delivered a 4lb 9oz daughter.

After a brief cuddle the baby was taken by private ambulance to a special care unit at St George’s Hospital, Tooting, South West London.

Last night a Surrey Police source said: “There’s no doubt heads will roll for this.

“There was a detailed emergency plan in place but it seems it fell at the first hurdle. The whole situation is being taken very seriously.”

Hospital sources said if there had been any further delay Sophie could have suffered complications putting the baby at risk.

A pal said: “She has been very lucky.”

An inquiry has been launched and Surrey Police apologised for any distress caused to Sophie. A spokesman said: “The duty inspector believed an ambulance had been called. We got it wrong.”

Sophie is in the intensive care unit of the NHS hospital where she gave birth. She is believed to have lost a lot of blood but is not in danger.

She is expected to join her baby, who is doing well, at St George’s at the weekend.

Her mum Mary Rhys-Jones said: “My daughter is doing well but is upset she cannot be with her baby.”

Prince Edward flew 6,000 miles home from Mauritius. He visited mother and daughter yesterday. He said: “It was thrilling to see my daughter. She is cute and cuddly — but I would say that.”

The new royal baby is eighth in line to the throne.

From The Sun.

liv 11-11-2003 09:26 AM

I think you mentioned a lot of names which already exist in European royal houses.
Charlotte-----Casiraghi
Grace----for me totally un believable that they will choose this one
Madeleine----of Sweden,it is a nice name but it exists already
Mathilde---of Belgium,is no English name

Cecilia is really nice
And I like Helena Rose as second/third name.

I don´t think they´ll choose Elizabeth,I want sth. new and extraordinary as the first name.The other one´s can be traditional

Princess Mathlde´s son is named Gabriel a fresh and modern name not belongin to tradition. :heart: