The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Jewels (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg (formerly Princess of Denmark) Jewellery (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/alexandra-countess-of-frederiksborg-formerly-princess-of-denmark-jewellery-12112.html)

Josefine 02-24-2003 02:00 PM

Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg (formerly Princess of Denmark) Jewellery

8 Attachment(s)
pictures from www.ibl.se

Josefine 02-24-2003 02:20 PM

8 Attachment(s)
pictures from www.ibl.se
pictures from https://alloverpress.dk

Julia 02-24-2003 05:30 PM

Hi Josefine! Wonderful photos as always. I love what looks to be either a midnight blue or black velvet gown that Alexandra is wearing.

Josefine 06-30-2003 10:33 AM

Happy birthday Alexandra
she turns 39 years today

Raia 06-30-2003 01:57 PM

omg shes 39 she looks really young. Not older enough to be that age not even near it

Josefine 09-11-2003 02:42 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Princess Alexandra
www.ibl.se

Mia 09-12-2003 02:40 AM

Oh, how clear pictures! You can see well how the necklace with the large South sea pearl is interchangeable. The amethyst pendant works very well with the necklace.

All the colourfull gems as well as the pearls suit Princess Alexandra so well. Great thing that we still have Princes and Princesses on these modern days. :lol:

Poppy 12-06-2003 07:39 AM

Wouldn't it be just lovely if Alexandra was able to own another beautiful tiara and that Queen Margarethe could give her a family parure includes an elaborate necklace like what Queens Ingrid, Margrethe and Anne-Marie had been wearing.

jun5 01-03-2004 11:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
from IBL

Alexandria 01-03-2004 11:54 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Engagement day,
Portrait to mark engagement/wedding

Alexandria 01-03-2004 11:57 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Brooches
Imagine Scandinavia
Ring
Pearls

Alexandria 01-03-2004 12:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Formal portraits

Alexandria 01-03-2004 12:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Celebrating 25 years of Queen Margrethe II on the throne

Hannelore 01-04-2004 10:17 AM

https://www.beneluxpress.com/kh/mediumres/5867.jpg

Alexandria 01-04-2004 11:07 AM

Great picture Hannelore. That is some (gorgeous!) necklace Alexandra has on for the Luxembourg state visit. I am not usually a fan of big pieces of jewellery, but the aquamarine stone with the pearls wrapped twice around is so classy looking.

That Alexandra, she never fails to surprise me with her elegance and style!

Humble 01-18-2004 01:42 AM

She looks Japanese to me.

Fireweaver 01-18-2004 11:55 AM

Can someone do a photo manipulation of Alexandra wearing a different tiara? I mean, hers is lovely, but, I'm curious to see how others would look on her. Thank you!

A.C.C. 05-12-2004 03:37 PM

Princess Alexandra at the gala at Christiansborg Palace in honor of the wedding of Crown Prince Frederick to Mary Donaldson, May 11, 2004.

Princess Alexandra at the gala

Closer picture of Princess Alexandra

Josefine 05-14-2004 04:03 AM

13 MAY 2004 - pre wedding event
a good view of her tiara

one more

Josefine 05-15-2004 05:31 AM

the crown prince wedding in denmark

a great view of her tiara

Josefine 05-15-2004 07:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
sorry to have to post this picture as a attach but its to good to be vasted it will soon be gone

Poppy 07-05-2004 09:37 PM

Another picture of Alexandra at the Crown Prince of Denmark's wedding

Poppy 07-05-2004 09:41 PM

Another picture of Alexandra at the Crown Prince of Denmark's wedding

At the wedding 2

Mia 07-06-2004 05:05 AM

What a pity that she did hide the big "new" necklace under the cape. One can see a hint of it in the second last picture Poppy sent. I haven't seen a single good photo of that piece anywhere.

Poppy 07-07-2004 09:17 AM

It's true. I also really want to see a big clear picture of the demi-parure. They're the only "grand, elaborate and classical" piece of necklace and ear-drops that Alexandra have.

This picture from the wesite, The Danish Royal Jewels, is the clearest at the moment : The Demi Parure

MoonlightRhapsody 08-05-2004 12:45 PM

I wish she'd get a new tiara! I mean, the one she has now is beautifil, don't get me wrong, but it'd be nice for her to wear something different. :huh:

Gigi 08-06-2004 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Moonlightrhapsody@Aug 5th, 2004 - 12:45 pm
I wish she'd get a new tiara! I mean, the one she has now is beautifil, don't get me wrong, but it'd be nice for her to wear something different. :huh:
Me too! :blink:

wymanda 08-07-2004 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Poppy@Jul 7th, 2004 - 9:17 pm
It's true. I also really want to see a big clear picture of the demi-parure. They're the only "grand, elaborate and classical" piece of necklace and ear-drops that Alexandra have.

This picture from the wesite, The Danish Royal Jewels, is the clearest at the moment : The Demi Parure

I personally find this demi-parure very heavy and unbecoming to such a tiny woman. It probably would look OK on Queen Margarethe who is over six feet tall but it overwelmes Alexandra.

Gigi 08-09-2004 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wymanda
I personally find this demi-parure very heavy and unbecoming to such a tiny woman. It probably would look OK on Queen Margarethe who is over six feet tall but it overwelmes Alexandra.

I like the parure on Alexandra. It's nice to see her in something different. I have become to accustomed to seeing her in an array of pearls throughout the years that the parure is actually very refreshing to me.

I guess that it could be difficult for any petite woman to carry off large jewels or parures, but it's been done before. I personally wasn't that impressed with the way it looked with the gown that Alex wore for the Crown Princely wedding. I believe that a parure of that nature should be worn with something that has less embroidering and that simply isn't busy. I think that with a plain gown that is also a bit off the shoulder Alex will really do it justice. I just don't believe that the parure itself overpowered her. It just wasn't "displayed" for lack of a better word as well as it could have been, IMO.

wymanda 08-13-2004 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigi
I like the parure on Alexandra. It's nice to see her in something different. I have become to accustomed to seeing her in an array of pearls throughout the years that the parure is actually very refreshing to me.

I guess that it could be difficult for any petite woman to carry off large jewels or parures, but it's been done before. I personally wasn't that impressed with the way it looked with the gown that Alex wore for the Crown Princely wedding. I believe that a parure of that nature should be worn with something that has less embroidering and that simply isn't busy. I think that with a plain gown that is also a bit off the shoulder Alex will really do it justice. I just don't believe that the parure itself overpowered her. It just wasn't "displayed" for lack of a better word as well as it could have been, IMO.

I think the problem is more than one gown. All of Alexandra's evening gowns are "busy" lots of embroidery, vibrant colours, trains, etc. Perhaps she needs to pare down her image a little and go for more simple, classic lines.

Gigi 08-13-2004 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wymanda
I think the problem is more than one gown. All of Alexandra's evening gowns are "busy" lots of embroidery, vibrant colours, trains, etc. Perhaps she needs to pare down her image a little and go for more simple, classic lines.

Agreed. I would also l like to see less beading and embroidery. Sometimes I feel that the dressmakers get too carried away or perhaps Alex does herself. i also think that at times the patterns of the beading and embroidering is just strange. I guess itis supposed to appear different, but I don't come away with that idea. Alex is naturally beautiful and lovely. She doesn't need all of the extra beading, IMO. I think that with her wonderful choice of colors and skin tone, that many of Alex's gowns could be very simple, paired with great jewels and look exquisite.

Jasl 08-17-2004 06:00 AM

I would love to see this necklace (
https://www.geocities.com/slaikjaer/a...mondparure.jpg) worn with a simple and elegant off-the-shoulder black gown... To me, a vibrantly coloured gown just wouldn't suite because the necklace has this silver-ish colour (and colourful gowns would just overwhelm it).

It would look soooo lovely with a simple black gown!! Perhaps something like this gown below, but in black...
[img]
https://www.geocities.com/slaikjaer/alexnewdiamondparure.jpg[/img]

Jasl 08-17-2004 06:30 AM

As I said above, I think this parure would really suite a simple dark-hued gown. So I used Paint (so no shading etc!) to change the colour. I personally think it looks nicer with dark colours - the necklace stands out as opposed to looking so-so....

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...exParureBl.jpg
In black... I think a black gown suits it the best...

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...exParureBr.jpg
....and in reddish-brown...

Fireweaver 08-20-2004 12:53 PM

It would be so nice to see her in a pearl tiara. Then she could incorporate some of her wonderful pearl necklaces into a parure!

Isabel 08-23-2004 11:15 AM

I agree Fireweaver. Alexandra has tons of pearl necklaces and earrings, not to mention that very large pearl that she wears with here diamond necklace. Something would diamonds and pearl would be wonderful!

USCtrojan 08-27-2004 05:28 PM

I would love to see the Princess with a new tiara as well.

gogm 08-28-2004 06:00 AM

Pearl Tiara

She'd look sensational!

reynard 08-29-2004 10:38 AM

WHat if...

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireweaver
It would be so nice to see her in a pearl tiara. Then she could incorporate some of her wonderful pearl necklaces into a parure!

Here you go!

Jasl 08-30-2004 10:43 AM

I did this for the posters over at the CP Mary MB. This looks good on Alex, but I still think the one she's got now is better!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ie/AlexDen.jpg

I also put other tiaras on Alex (Bagration, Cambridge Sapphire tiara, Queen Ena of Spain's Diamond Tiara, Queen Ena's Flower Tiara, Fife Diamon tiara etc... thanks to Danjel's website) (see CP Mary MB).

reynard 08-30-2004 09:05 PM

that looks great, Jasl!

Isabel 08-31-2004 11:14 AM

Jasl! I love the Alexandra wearing that tiara. She looks fantastic!

galuhcandrakirana 09-30-2004 09:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasl
I did this for the posters over at the CP Mary MB. This looks good on Alex, but I still think the one she's got now is better!.

Alexandra looks wonderful with that tiara Jasl...pity now almost imposible for us to see it in real.

galuhcandrakirana 10-10-2004 04:03 AM

4 Attachment(s)
1. Bicolor pearl necklace & gold stud earing
2. Pearl earing
3. Big gold earing & a gemstone braclette which has said as a gift from Joachim after Nikolai born
4. Diamons stud earing & seastar brooch, I guess the blue stone is a cobochon saphire.

galuhcandrakirana 10-10-2004 04:21 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Alex seems to like big pearl (or pearl liked?) stud earings, even before her wedding.

bigheadshirmp 01-08-2005 09:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
i've never seen this b4....i think they are new....:D

HMQueenElizabethII 01-10-2005 12:59 AM

She looks very elegant and beautiful.

HMQueenElizabethII 01-10-2005 01:41 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Some more pics:

HMQueenElizabethII 01-10-2005 10:06 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Some more pics of Princess Alexandra:

bigheadshirmp 01-11-2005 11:22 PM

9 Attachment(s)
some more of her jewleries....mostly necklaces and ear-rings

bigheadshirmp 01-11-2005 11:31 PM

9 Attachment(s)
some more pics.....:)

Miss Ally 01-19-2005 12:21 AM

Why am I not able to view the other entries in this forum?

Josefine 03-03-2005 03:43 AM

the grand necklace she wore at the dansih wedding wonder where she got that from
first i think we thought it was from her husband but now we know that theu were about to divorce
do you think she bought it her self

MoonlightRhapsody 03-03-2005 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josefine
the grand necklace she wore at the dansih wedding wonder where she got that from
first i think we thought it was from her husband but now we know that theu were about to divorce
do you think she bought it her self

She still could have gotten it from Joachim while they were on friendly terms but had no appropriate place to wear it to until the royal wedding. It was a grand parure.

HMQueenElizabethII 03-17-2005 12:31 AM

Thanks so much everybody.

bigheadshirmp 05-14-2005 11:05 PM

from lotte's site.....it's Princess Alexandra's 40th birthday gift...maybe someone can translate this ....LONG long article...hohoo~:D

Amtet smykker Prinsesse Alexandra på 40-års fødselsdagenUdsendt: 30/06/2004
Kontaktperson: Niels Johannesen

Et guldsmykke, med Guldhornene som motiv, er fødselsdagsgaven fra Amtsrådet i Sønderjylland til Hendes Kongelige Højhed Prinsesse Alexandra.

. https://www.sja.dk/sja/sjamt.nsf/0/9e...ElemFormat=jpghttps://www.sja.dk/icons/ecblank.gif
Glimt fra oldtidsdage funkler i de nye tider…Sætter dem som pragt til skue…,
skriver Adam Oehlenschläger et sted i sit digt om Guldhornene.

- Ligesom Guldhornene fra gammel tid har været med til at gøre egnen omkring Møgeltønder og dermed hele Sønderjylland kendt, således er også Prinsesse Alexandra med sit store engagement og sin varme indleven med til at sætte landsdelen ’som pragt til skue’, siger amtsborgmester Carl Holst.

Brystsmykket, en reversnål, er fremstillet til lejligheden af guldsmedeparret Karen Ihle og Jens Eliasen i Tønder, og smykket er formet ved hjælp af en særlig banketeknik ud af en 18-karat guldplade på fem gange fem centimeter og en tykkelse på lidt under en millimeter. Det svære i denne opgave er, at der skal formes i to retninger, fordi hornene er buede foruden at være hvælvede. De karakteristiske bånd på hornene er på reversnålen formet af guldtråd.

https://www.sja.dk/sja/sjamt.nsf/0/9e...ElemFormat=jpgTil opbevaring af smykket er der også gjort brug af fortiden. En særlig æske er blevet lavet til formålet af egetræ fra 1400-tallet fra Bachmanns vandmølle i Tønder.

Sønderjyllands Amtsråd har med denne gave villet vise sin taknemmelighed for prinsessens indsats for Sønderjylland og ønske hende hjerteligt tillykke med 40-års fødselsdagen.

<A href="https://www.sja.dk/sja/sjamt.nsf/0/9E4E58F66F282608C1256EC3003DD56D#top">https://www.sja.dk/sja/sjamt.nsf/imag...il_blue_op.gif Fakta om Guldhornene

Begge guldhorn er fundet i landsbyen Gallehus, der ligger nord for Møgeltønder og vest for Tønder. Det første - og længste - horn blev fundet den 27. juli 1639 af kniplepigen Christine Svendsdatter. Det var 87 cm langt og uden indskrift. Hornet vejede 3,2 kg. Det andet guldhorn blev fundet af Erik Jerck Lassen den 21. april 1734. Det var knapt så stort, cirka 55 cm, og vejede 3,7 kg. Dette horn har oprindeligt været længere, og der er siden gjort adskillige forsøg på at finde det manglende stykke.

Guldhornene blev begge anbragt på Det kongelige kunstkammer i København, hvorfra de blev stjålet natten mellem 4. og 5. maj 1802 af den forgældede guldsmed Niels Heidenreich, som omsmeltede dem i sin lejlighed inde i København. På Ringe Museum opbevares i dag et par øreringe, som temmelig sikkert er fremstillet af guld fra Guldhornene, men de er også den eneste håndgribelige rest af det største guldfund fra Danmarks oldtid.

Heldigvis ved vi dog en del om hornenes udseende fra beskrivelser og tegninger lavet i 1600- og 1700-tallet. Begge horn var rigt udsmykket med menneske-, dyre- og fantasifigurer i forskellige optrin. Sandsynligvis var det en gengivelse af religiøse forestillinger, men på trods af mange forsøg er det aldrig lykkedes at nå frem til nogen endegyldig tolkning af Guldhornenes billeder.
Det mindste af guldhornene bar følgende runeindskrift ’Er hjewagastir Holtingar horna tawido’, som oversat betyder ’Jeg lægast Holtingen gjorde hornet’.

Guldhornene er fremstillet i Norden omkring år 400, men man ved ikke meget om deres funktion, blot at de bevidst blev ødelagt, før de havnede i jorden. På Nationalmuseet er der udstillet to forskellige sæt kopier af Guldhornene.

’Guldhornene’ er desuden også navnet på et digt af Adam Oehlenschläger (1779-1850). Digtet blev til i 1803 i anledning af, at hornene var blevet stjålet og omsmeltet, og begynder med de kendte ord ’De higer og søger i ældgamle bøger, i oplukte høje med spejdende øje’
Digtet indeholder også linjerne ’Glimt fra oldtidsdage funkler i de nye tider - Sætter dem som pragt til skue’, hvilket glimrende kan overføres til det 17,5 gram tunge smykkes gengivelse af Danmarks nationalklenodie Guldhornene som motiv anbragt på en moderne prinsesse.

<A href="https://www.sja.dk/sja/sjamt.nsf/0/9E4E58F66F282608C1256EC3003DD56D#top">https://www.sja.dk/sja/sjamt.nsf/imag...il_blue_op.gif Fakta om guldsmedeparret Ihle-Eliasen
https://www.sja.dk/sja/sjamt.nsf/0/9e...ElemFormat=jpgKaren Ihle og Jens Eliasen er kunsthåndværkere med stort K. Med den dybeste respekt for håndværket skaber de genstande af oprigtig nysgerrighed og respekt for materialernes muligheder. Ihle-Eliasen har arbejdet sammen i deres fælles værksted i Østergade i Tønder siden 1979.

Begge er de færdiguddannet på Guldsmedehøjskolen i 1977. Karen Ihle har også erfaring som guldsmed fra Gabrielsens guldsmedie i 1973 og Goldschmiedefachschule, Pforzheim i årene 1967-69. Ligeledes har Jens Eliasen guldsmederfaring fra Arne Johansen i 1973.
Parret har været på mange studierejser og modtaget legater fra flere fonde.
Siden 1985 og frem har de begge deltaget i en lang række gruppe- og separatudstillinger.

Det er ikke første gang at Ihle-Eliasen fremstiller en royal gave.
I anledning af Dronning Margrethes 25-års regentjubilæum i 1997 lavede guldsmedeparret et salatbestik som gave fra Sønderjyllands Amt til HM Dronning Margrethe II og Prins Henrik.
Desuden også ske og kop som dåbsgave fra Tønder Byråd til både Prins Nikolai og Prins Felix.

Josefine 06-29-2005 12:50 PM

its soon the princess birthday

Reina 06-29-2005 12:51 PM

Does she get to keep her tiara?

H.M. Margrethe 06-29-2005 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reina
Does she get to keep her tiara?

Well i gues so it was her wedding present from her former in-laws

Reina 06-29-2005 04:36 PM

I think it would be from the royal jewels though.

MoonlightRhapsody 06-29-2005 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reina
I think it would be from the royal jewels though.

I believe that tiara was a personal property of the Queen and not from the royal jewels collection, therefore she was free to give it to Alexandra. I highly doubt that that tiara would be taken from Alexandra seeing that it was a wedding present.

From Danjel's site:
"
Princess Alexandra of Denmark, born Alexandra Manley, is wearing a diamond tiara originally belonging to Queen Alexandrine, who recieved this tiara as an 18th birthday present from her parents. After her death the tiara went to King Frederik IX and given to Princess (now Queen) Margrethe, also as an 18 th birthday present.
At her wedding in 1995 to Prince Joachim of Denmark, this tiara was given as a wedding gift by the Queen to Princess Alexandra."

H.M. Margrethe 06-29-2005 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
I believe that tiara was a personal property of the Queen and not from the royal jewels collection, therefore she was free to give it to Alexandra. I highly doubt that that tiara would be taken from Alexandra seeing that it was a wedding present.

The storry about Princesse Alexandras tiara is following:

This tiara goes by the name Queen Alexandrine's diamond drop tiara.
It was Queen Alexandrine who brought this with her to Denmark, and in the arches of the tiara are hanging diamond drops.
It was made around the turn of the last century. Princess Alexandra got the right to use it from Queen Margrethe, who received this tiara as a 18th birthday present.

I got this info from : www.geocities.com/slaikjaer/alexandra1.html:)

Josefine 08-14-2005 06:02 AM

has she worn any new jewllery recently

sera 08-15-2005 04:43 AM

Alexandra is the most beautiful Princess ever.

Jasl 08-20-2005 09:37 AM

Quote:

I'm only guessing, but I think the tiara would eventually be passed on to Nikolai or Felix's wife. I think Alex will have use of it, perhaps even after she remarries (because she's the mother of the Danish princes) but I don't think she "owns" it completely. I don't think Mary "owns" the ruby parure either.

MoonlightRhapsody 08-20-2005 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasl
I'm only guessing, but I think the tiara would eventually be passed on to Nikolai or Felix's wife. I think Alex will have use of it, perhaps even after she remarries (because she's the mother of the Danish princes) but I don't think she "owns" it completely. I don't think Mary "owns" the ruby parure either.

I'm going to disagree with the ruby parure. It was given to Frederick as inheritance from Queen Ingrid. Queen Margarethe I don't think ever owned the collection, but rather, was her mother's. Since the parure was given to Frederick, he's free to give it to his wife.

Again, I still think Alexandra personally owns the tiara that she was given. It would be in bad form of the Queen to take back something that she had given as a wedding present.

tiaraprin 08-21-2005 12:00 AM

Alexandra is still Her Highness and has a right to a tiara for official events. Queen Margarethe has probably stipulated that if Alexandra remarries or dies without remarriage, the tiara reverts back to the Danish Jewels.

Sarah, Duchess of York still has her tiara!! That tiara will probably go to Beatrice as she is her elder daughter.

paloma 08-21-2005 12:36 AM

Sarah still has her tiara because HM the Queen had it commisioned from Garrard's. It was new and did not have a royal provenance. Besides, HM has a plethora of jewels to choose from. Jewel and tiara poor she is not!

I would say(JMO) that Alexandra will have the use of the tiara for life. Her son may inherit the tiara or it could revert back to the crown since it does have a lengthy royal provenance.
As for Mary and the rubies. They may be Fred's property, but should there be a divorce, I would bet anyone that those jewels will not go to Australia!

wymanda 08-21-2005 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paloma
They may be Fred's property, but should there be a divorce, I would bet anyone that those jewels will not go to Australia!

I doubt that Mary would return permanently to Australia anyway. Her children will have to remain in Denmark and I doubt she would relinquish custody to Fred! Anyway, I can't see it happening, I think that Fred & Mary are one of the true love matches as well as Felipe & Letizia.

paloma 08-21-2005 12:52 AM

I would like to think that both couples are true love matches, but only time will tell. Alot of couples, common and royal start out with the best of intentions and end up divorced. I think that many people thought that Alex and Joachim were madly in love.

galuhcandrakirana 08-21-2005 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigheadshirmp
from lotte's site.....it's Princess Alexandra's 40th birthday gift...maybe someone can translate this ....LONG long article...hohoo~:D

Amtet smykker Prinsesse Alexandra på 40-års fødselsdagenUdsendt: 30/06/2004
Kontaktperson: Niels Johannesen

Et guldsmykke, med Guldhornene som motiv, er fødselsdagsgaven fra Amtsrådet i Sønderjylland til Hendes Kongelige Højhed Prinsesse Alexandra.
https://www.sja.dk/sja/sjamt.nsf/0/9e...ElemFormat=jpghttps://www.sja.dk/icons/ecblank.gif
https://www.sja.dk/sja/sjamt.nsf/0/9e...ElemFormat=jpg <A href="https://www.sja.dk/sja/sjamt.nsf/0/9E4E58F66F282608C1256EC3003DD56D#top">https://www.sja.dk/sja/sjamt.nsf/imag...il_blue_op.gif Fakta om guldsmedeparret Ihle-Eliasen
https://www.sja.dk/sja/sjamt.nsf/0/9e...ElemFormat=jpg .

I would like to know what that jewellery is exactly. I just guess it is a two traditional little trumpets (horns?) gold brooch or little pin.

Josefine 11-08-2005 05:34 AM

wearing the tiara for the firest time after the divorce
and a new necklace it seems

https://img491.imageshack.us/img491/7...rk26ukp8uw.jpg

uk press

Isabel 11-08-2005 10:59 PM

Quote:

She still could have gotten it from Joachim while they were on friendly terms but had no appropriate place to wear it to until the royal wedding. It was a grand parure.

That sounds like a reasonable explanation. I think that it was most likely given to her by Joachim. Alex could have owned it for several months before she and Joachim even thought about separating for divorcing.

galuhcandrakirana 11-09-2005 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josefine
wearing the tiara for the firest time after the divorce
and a new necklace it seems uk press

I wish we have cosed up picture of this new necklace.

HRHAmy 11-09-2005 03:51 PM

Does anybody have a close up of the tiara? I saw a picture once and I think the drop diamonds were very small, is that true?

galuhcandrakirana 11-15-2005 04:19 AM

Alexandra with new perals jewelries pairs?????
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6&d=1131989131 Just courious about the pendant...is it the same pendant she wore with a big diamond necklace given by Joachim https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...2&d=1046113204
It is only my eyes or it has slightly darker than the one in second picture

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHAmy
Does anybody have a close up of the tiara?

I posted it one, check on post no 75 of this thread.

xiaolong 11-27-2005 02:44 AM

Hi,this is my first post.
I like Princess Alexandra very much.

祝好!

dakodas 11-27-2005 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humble
She looks Japanese to me.

Is she not of Chinese extraction?

Margrethe II 11-27-2005 03:34 AM

Her Highness Princess Alexandra of Denmark was born in Hong Kong.

Her father is Chinese & her mother Austrian.

"MII"

auntie 11-27-2005 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margrethe II
Her Highness Princess Alexandra of Denmark was born in Hong Kong.

Her father is Chinese & her mother Austrian.

"MII"

I read that her father is half chinese, so it makes Alexandra 1/4 oriental, but she has, more than her sisters the oriental features, she is beautiful IMO

Josefine 01-03-2006 03:43 AM

she wore her tiara again at the new year leave gala
there was a great photo of it i will try to find it

what would you call the tiara and what kind of stones are it in the tiara

galuhcandrakirana 03-31-2006 11:28 AM

She wore her saphir necklace in state baquette for Bulgarian president, she also wore it in some non gala occasion it seem to be her new favourite necklace.
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8&d=1143660342

Is this her new pairs of earing? it looks lovely and the red stones seems to be a rubis stones https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7&d=1143797670 she wore it in concert recently.

anna_tan 03-31-2006 11:40 AM

wish she can wear another tiara..so far she has only been wearing one tiara

HRH Mims 03-31-2006 12:07 PM

She has very nice jewelry. But I agree with you anna tan. Can she wear another tiara?

blyton 03-31-2006 12:23 PM

I don't think she has another one!She probably will not get another one now that she is divorced.

Larzen 07-10-2006 04:58 AM

https://ekstrabladet.dk/underholdning...icle209962.ece
According to Princess Alexandras Private Secretary Christine Lyng, Princess Alexandra owns the very old and unique Diamond Drop tiara, and it is she who owns it, not Joachim like it has been speculated. The hisitoric tiara was a gift to Queen Margrethes Grandmother, Alexandrine, on her 18th birthday and was a gift from Grandduchess Anastasia of Russia. ekstrabladet also writes that she own personally all the other jewels she wears.

Alisa 07-10-2006 12:53 PM

That's really surprising. I've always had the impression that the tiara was a family heirloom that would stay in the family and that the only tiara that Alexandra rightfully possessed was the new one bought shortly before the divorce.

Sophus 07-10-2006 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alisa
That's really surprising. I've always had the impression that the tiara was a family heirloom that would stay in the family and that the only tiara that Alexandra rightfully possessed was the new one bought shortly before the divorce.

Which new tiara?

WordRider 07-11-2006 12:16 PM

Tiara over Red

Princess Alexandra of swordDenmark:In that Saint Michael at the head of Tiara on highplace of Her Royal Highness dressed in red.

royalspiritTerrance

galuhcandrakirana 08-14-2006 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alisa

But, may be, the tiara is considered as private jewelry of the family then the queen still allowed to give it away to somebody who is member of the family, just like she gave Mary her pearls bangle/bracelet as a gift for her enggagement (If I'am not mistaken, the diamonds drops tiara and the gold and pearls bangle were a gift to CPss Margareth on her 18 birthday from her grandmother). What ever the tiara probably will go to her first son, Nicholas then it will stay inside the royal family.

UserDane 08-14-2006 07:21 AM

I wish they would start making more stringent provisions regarding tiaras etc. in the Danish royal family. IMO it would be better to let the various royal ladies share from a collected pool - like it seems they do in Holland - but keep it 'close' to the regent.
Also think it was such a pity that the late Queen Ingrid bequeathed the Khedive tiara (the 'wedding' tiara) away from the DRF. With the exception of the small tiara bought for Mary for her wedding (she should have worn the Khedive!) there does not seem to be many tiara acquisitions (not counting the poppy thing!;) ). They should hold on to what they have IMO.

CasiraghiTrio 10-27-2006 03:17 AM

Denmark royal tiaras

Denmark's princesses wearing the royal tiaras: click here
It is a page I made for collecting pics of Mary and Alexandra (and soon others) wearing tiaras.:flowers:

Sophus 02-08-2007 04:43 PM

According to Ekstra Bladet the danish Chief of Court Ove Ullerup says that Alexandra is free to sell her jewels as they are her personal property. This mean that her historical important art nouveau tiara which belonged to the Queens Alexandrine and Margrethe II may disappear from the royal danish house which I think wil be a disaster... Please - don't let it happen...!

:sad:

Elspeth 02-08-2007 04:54 PM

I hope she'd keep her tiara to be passed on to the wife of one of her sons.

Madame Royale 02-08-2007 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sophus
According to Ekstra Bladet the danish Chief of Court Ove Ullerup says that Alexandra is free to sell her jewels as they are her personal property. This mean that her historical important art nouveau tiara which belonged to the Queens Alexandrine and Margrethe II may disappear from the royal danish house which I think wil be a disaster... Please - don't let it happen...!

:sad:

I agree.

This tiara should have never been given to Alexandra as her personal property, rather, should have been in her possession for as long as her marriage lasted (as is the precedent with Mary and the Desiree parure).

Zonk 02-08-2007 05:06 PM

Well..I am thinking that the Queen just assumed that the marriage would last.

From what we know of Alexandra (at least IMO), I think she will not sell the tiara. She seems to recognize the the importance of family heirtage for her sons sake.

ysbel 02-08-2007 05:33 PM

I'm quite surprised that the Alexandrine tiara wasn't placed in the crown collection. Since Queen Alexandrine's mother was an Imperial Russian archduchess, a lot of her jewels came from the Russian court. I don't know if the Alexandrine tiara came from this collection but it would be sad for it to leave the Danish royal collection if it is.

Sophus 02-08-2007 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ysbel
I'm quite surprised that the Alexandrine tiara wasn't placed in the crown collection. Since Queen Alexandrine's mother was an Imperial Russian archduchess, a lot of her jewels came from the Russian court. I don't know if the Alexandrine tiara came from this collection but it would be sad for it to leave the Danish royal collection if it is.

No matter if the tiara is russian or danish it is an important part of the danish royal jewels as it has been worn by two queens of Denmark. Arthistorical it is also important as it is the only piece of jewelry where the diamonds are set in loose settings letting the stones be seen from all angels - a fashion popular around the art nouveau years.

:flowers:

MoonlightRhapsody 02-08-2007 06:16 PM

I highly doubt that Alexandra will sell the tiara! It's not like she's destitute and in need of money! My bet is that it will go to one of her sons.

As far as the tiara, that was the only tiara that was given to her in her almost decade-long service to Denmark as princess. If the Queen had given her three of four tiaras, then I'd be concerned about where they would go, but given that Denmark has quite a number of tiaras in their arsenal, I don't think the gift of Alexandra's tiara will make a dent on it. Plus after Alexandra's death, it'll probably be retained by her sons which are STILL a part of the royal family, so what's the problem?

Madame Royale 02-08-2007 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zonk
Well..I am thinking that the Queen just assumed that the marriage would last.

From what we know of Alexandra (at least IMO), I think she will not sell the tiara. She seems to recognize the the importance of family heirtage for her sons sake.

Oh, Im sure all would have liked the marriage to have lasted but I think a tiara purchased for Alexandra (like mary's was for her) would have been a more suitable option. Then again, this was before Mary's time so things were of course different.

ysbel 02-08-2007 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sophus
No matter if the tiara is russian or danish it is an important part of the danish royal jewels as it has been worn by two queens of Denmark. Arthistorical it is also important as it is the only piece of jewelry where the diamonds are set in loose settings letting the stones be seen from all angels - a fashion popular around the art nouveau years.

:flowers:

I totally agree, Sophus. Is there a picture of Queen Alexandrine wearing the tiara? I know she didn't like jewelry but I was hoping to see at least one picture of Alexandrine with her tiara. I've only seen the tiara on Alexandra.