The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   The Prince of Wales Current Events 4: January-April 2007 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/the-prince-of-wales-current-events-4-january-april-2007-a-11894.html)

Warren 01-26-2007 10:00 AM

The Prince of Wales Current Events 4: January-April 2007

Welcome to the Prince of Wales current events thread part 4,

commencing 27 January 2007

Part 3, November 2006 - January 2007 can be found here.

Oppie 01-26-2007 02:47 PM

Quote:

The royal editor of the News of the World has been jailed for four months for plotting to intercept voicemail messages left for royal aides.
https://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6301243.stm

BeatrixFan 01-26-2007 02:53 PM

Four months? Was it worth the trial?

Skydragon 01-26-2007 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oppie
The royal editor of the News of the World has been jailed for four months for plotting to intercept voicemail messages left for royal aides
BBC NEWS | UK | Pair jailed over royal phone taps

Brilliant, he will probably be out in 1 month, but it should come as quite a shock to his system!
The PI got 6 months.

milla Ca 01-26-2007 05:01 PM

Four month in jail:clap:, not enough, but some time to think about what he had done...if he has a rest of moral standards.

Avalon 01-27-2007 09:58 AM

I must admit I am glad that he was actually sentences. Let it be a warning for the Media (paparazzi) in general.

Wenn has a gallery of pictures of Prince Charles and Camilla's new house in Wales.

Skydragon 01-28-2007 06:36 AM

Rattray murder shocks Prince Charles

Britain's Prince Charles expressed shock on Saturday at the murder of South African historian David Rattray, a royal official said.

iafrica.com | news | sa news Rattray murder shocks Prince Charles

milla Ca 01-28-2007 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon
Rattray murder shocks Prince Charles

Britain's Prince Charles expressed shock on Saturday at the murder of South African historian David Rattray, a royal official said.

iafrica.com | news | sa news Rattray murder shocks Prince Charles

Very sad to read that.
I never heard about David Rattray before. Was he really a good friend of the Prince or only somebody he knows slightly for many years?

Skydragon 01-28-2007 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milla Ca
Very sad to read that.
I never heard about David Rattray before. Was he really a good friend of the Prince or only somebody he knows slightly for many years?

Apparently, they were very good friends.

IOL

"Young said Rattray shared a close friendship with the British royals, especially Prince Charles, who visited him at Fugitives' Drift Lodge with his son Prince Harry"

Avalon 01-28-2007 06:33 PM

Prince Charles' shock as best friend is murdered

The Prince of Wales was shocked and stunned, after hearing that one of his best friends had been gunned down and killed by robbers at his home in the South African bush. Historian and hotelier David Rattray and his wife Nicky were attacked in their farmhouse when six men burst in demanding money.

Prince Charles was told about Mr Rattray's death as he commenced a two-day visit to New York and Philadelphia with the Duchess of Cornwall.
A Clarence House spokesman, who is accompanying the Royal couple, said: The Prince of Wales just heard about it and, needless to say, he is shocked and stunned.
"They knew each other very well and had met on a number of occasions in South Africa and the UK." Later, the Prince personally telephoned Mr Rattray's wife from America to offer his condolences.

Skydragon 01-30-2007 06:28 AM

No Charles, but his bodyguards press on with £8,000 ski jaunt

When Prince Charles cancelled his annual skiing holiday to Klosters, environmentalists applauded his decision to stay at home and help cut greenhouse gases.

No Charles, but his bodyguards press on with £8,000 ski jaunt | the Daily Mail

:rolleyes:

Jo of Palatine 01-30-2007 08:17 AM

Quote:

No Charles, but his bodyguards press on with £8,000 ski jaunt

When Prince Charles cancelled his annual skiing holiday to Klosters, environmentalists applauded his decision to stay at home and help cut greenhouse gases.

No Charles, but his bodyguards press on with £8,000 ski jaunt | the Daily Mail

:rolleyes:

That's not true, is it? :mad:

Skydragon 01-30-2007 09:08 AM

It would appear it is. I am surprised that they haven't 'turned' it, to blame Charles! :rolleyes:

Avalon 01-30-2007 09:57 AM

CHARLES GETS GO AHEAD FOR MINI MANSION

Since Prince Charles bought the run-down 900-acre Harewood Park estate in Herefordshire seven years ago, speculation has been rife he is planning to build a first home for Prince William and his future wife in its grounds. Now the Prince has been given the go-ahead to start work on a six-bedroom mansion in the spring, which would no doubt suit rural-loving Wills and his girlfriend Kate Middleton down to the ground.

An artist's impression of what the eco-friendly property on the Harewood Estate could look like once it's finished - picture

Avalon 01-30-2007 10:53 AM

Prince backs Wales music scholarships

A new scholarship scheme aimed at helping Wales's most outstanding young musical talent, funded by HRH The Prince of Wales and The Arts Council of Wales, is launched today.
The Prince of Wales's Advanced Study Awards in Music will award a maximum of five annual scholarships of up to £8,000.

Prince Charles is actually a 'hologrammatic visitor from Cyberspace'!

Prince Charles hit back at critics who accused him of 'green hypocrisy' for flying to America with a 20-strong entourage to collect an environmental award by joking that he was actually a 'hologrammatic visitor from Cyberspace'.

milla Ca 01-30-2007 03:25 PM

I could watch some parts of the event in New York, where the Prince received the award on TV.
And i think it was very sweet when Meryl Streep told in her speech that she wants to merry the Prince of Wales when she was a little girl.
And Charles answered in his own speech that only to hear this statement makes the trip worth for him...:wub:

Avalon 01-30-2007 04:34 PM

Quote:

I could watch some parts of the event in New York, where the Prince received the award on TV.
And i think it was very sweet when Meryl Streep told in her speech that she wants to merry the Prince of Wales when she was a little girl.
And Charles answered in his own speech that only to hear this statement makes the trip worth for him...:wub:

I wonder what Camilla had to say to him after that speech... :rofl:

AgnesK 01-30-2007 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalon

Probably that as a little girl she was hoping that too :lol:

sirmax 01-30-2007 10:37 PM

Its just too bad that they visited the US twice since their wedding and The Prince of Wales didn't even bother coming up north to present his wife to his future subjects. After all, she might one day be Queen Consort of Canada.

Jo of Palatine 01-31-2007 04:48 AM

Quote:

Probably that she wants to make merry with him, too....:lol:

Skydragon 02-01-2007 06:05 AM

If Charles is King, Australians Ponder Republic

Many adults in Australia believe the abolition of the monarchy should be considered after the reign of Queen Elizabeth II is over, according to a Newspoll published in The Australian.

If Charles is King, Australians Ponder Republic: Angus Reid Global Monitor

Skydragon 02-01-2007 12:33 PM

Royal patronage for island trust

Prince Charles has agreed to become the first royal patron of the National Trust for Jersey.

BBC NEWS | World | Europe | Jersey | Royal patronage for island trust

iceflower 02-01-2007 04:09 PM

Pics 1.02.2007

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales speaks during a reception held by The Prince's Foundation for members of the Home Builders Federation on February 1, 2007 in London, England. (Photos by POOL/ Tim Graham Picture Library/Getty Images)

Charles 1
Charles 2
More here! :flowers:

Skydragon 02-01-2007 04:12 PM

Lovely pictures iceflower, thank you! :flowers:

Skydragon 02-02-2007 06:16 AM

Prince Charles' despair at Rattray's murder

A tribute from the Prince of Wales was read at the funeral of David Rattray, the murdered Anglo-Zulu war expert, yesterday. In it he drew a parallel with the loss of his great uncle, Earl Mountbatten, who was also murdered.

Rattray was a gem of South Africa: Prince Charles

The Prince of Wales has described David Rattray, a well-known historian and Anglo-Zulu War expert, as a gem of South Africa. Rattray was given a moving farewell at Balgowan outside Pietermaritzburg.

Skydragon 02-05-2007 12:34 PM

Prince Charles Visits Cumbria

The Prince of Wales is in Cumbria today. He's here to celebrate the county's thriving rural communities.

Prince Charles Visits Cumbria - News - Border - ITV

Avalon 02-05-2007 03:31 PM

Prince of Wales visited a supermarket in Keswick, Cumbria, which is commmitted to local sourcing of produce.
The Prince of Wales met the suppliers and local farmers there.

Pictures:
Prince Charles talking to the customers
Prince Charles talking to the customers 2

more pictures here.

Skydragon 02-05-2007 03:32 PM

Thank you for those Avalon. :flowers: That certainly looked like a good throwing arm, I wonder who won! :lol:

Avalon 02-05-2007 04:14 PM

Quote:

Thank you for those Avalon. :flowers: That certainly looked like a good throwing arm, I wonder who won! :lol:

Your're most welcome! :flowers:
No official statement from the Clarence House has been issued about the outcome of the game, but I expect one to be made any moment now. :rofl:

Another gallery of pictures from Abaca.

Skydragon 02-05-2007 04:49 PM

Prince praises community spirit

PRINCE Charles enjoyed a pint of Great Cockup during a two-hour tour of Hesket Newmarket on a visit to Cumbria today.

News & Star

Prince samples ale from rustic English town

There was a Great Cockup in store for Britain's Prince Charles, not to mention some well-aimed arrows on Monday, as the heir to the throne ditched the palace for an afternoon down at the pub.

IOL: Prince samples ale from rustic English town

BeatrixFan 02-05-2007 04:53 PM

Enjoyed a pint of what? Is someone having a laugh?

milla Ca 02-05-2007 04:57 PM

Last week basket ball, today darts...what will our sporty Prince do next time?:wub:
Thank you for the nice pics Avalon!:flowers:

milla Ca 02-05-2007 05:13 PM

´Great Cockup´ as Britain´s Prince Charles hits the pub

'Great Cockup' as Britain's Prince Charles hits the pub - Yahoo! News

The 19th century inn has its own micro-brewery...Charles spotted Great Cockup, described as a ´chocolately porter´.

Pub welcome for visiting Prince

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Cumbria | Pub welcome for visiting prince

Skydragon 02-06-2007 06:11 AM

Quote:

Your're most welcome! :flowers:
No official statement from the Clarence House has been issued about the outcome of the game, but I expect one to be made any moment now. :rofl:

They decided to keep it low key, he lost! :rolleyes:

More on the visit from The Prince of Wales website.

The Prince of Wales - The Prince of Wales visits Cumbria

milla Ca 02-06-2007 01:25 PM

Quote:

They decided to keep it low key, he lost! :rolleyes:

You´re right Skydragon!:smile:

Britain´s royal enjoyed a pint of ale and lost a game of darts when he visited an English bar on Monday.:ohmy:

All Headline News - Prince Charles Drinks And Loses At English Bar - February 6, 2007

milla Ca 02-07-2007 03:17 PM

Charles joins Jamie´s school dinner campain
Sixty of Britain´s best school cooks will be enjoying rather more regal surrounds than their canteens next Thursday.

CHARLES JOINS JAMIE 'S SCHOOL DINNER CAMPAIGN

Avalon 02-07-2007 04:49 PM

The Prince of Wales leaves the Yew Tree bed and breakfast in Rosthwaite, in the Lake District, UK on February 7, 2007, after spending the night there during a visit to the north west.

Pictures:
Prince Charles
Prince Charles 2
Prince Charles 3

Gallery of Pictures from Abaca.

milla Ca 02-09-2007 08:03 AM

Prince launches Herdwick season

Prince Charles told farmer David Bland ´´that´s what i´m having for supper ´´after tasting some Herdwick lamb from his farm.

times and star workington lake district, workington news sport, west cumbria news, lake district news

milla Ca 02-10-2007 10:13 AM

Royal lunch for school

A Norfolk school is to get a royal thank you for its champion efforts in helping to lead the school meal revolution.

https://new.edp24.co.uk/content/news/...A04%3A13%3A253

milla Ca 02-11-2007 05:25 AM

Museum gets Royal approval

Prince Charles is to become Patron of Camden´s Jewish Museum as it celebrates its 75th anniversary this year and will be touring the museum on Tuesday with his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.

Museum gets Royal approval | www.somethingjewish.co.uk

Charles: let´s kill off the cul-de-sac

Britain´s cul-de-sac, long the butt of metropolitan snobbery are now being targeted by the Prince of Wales as an environmental menace that foster crime, car dependence and obesity.

Charles: let’s kill off the cul-de-sac-News-UK-TimesOnline

Avalon 02-14-2007 01:42 PM

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales visits the Charterhouse buildings, a residential community of single men over sixty years of age, on February 14, 2007 in London, England.

Pictures:
Prince Charles
Prince Charles 2
Prince Charles 3

Gallery of pictures from Wenn
Gallery of pictures from getty

milla Ca 02-14-2007 03:13 PM

Thank you for the pics Avalon!:flowers:

Here is the article from the PoW website:

The Prince of Wales - The Prince visits the Charterhouse in Clerkenwell, London

Skydragon 02-14-2007 03:23 PM

Thank you Avalon and milla Ca for the pictures and the write up! :flowers: Charles looks in fine fettle, laughing and joking. I would love to have seen the monastery back when it was built.

Avalon 02-14-2007 03:36 PM

You are most welcome ladies! :flowers:

Prince Charles greets President Hamid Karzai of Afghanistan and Afghanistans Minister of Foreign Affairs Dr Rangin Dadfar Spanta at Clarence House in London, Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2007.
President Karzai urged Britain to support his plan to target Taliban fighters crossing Pakistan's border during talks Wednesday with Prime Minister Tony Blair.

Pictures:
Prince Charles, Hamid Karzai and Rangin Spanta
Prince Charles and Hamid Karzai
Prince Charles, Hamid Karzai

Skydragon 02-16-2007 01:32 PM

I'm appalled at grammar schools axe in Ulster, says Charles

The Prince of Wales last night expressed his horror at moves to axe grammar schools in Northern Ireland. Speaking to the principal of Limavady Grammar School at a Clarence House reception for cooks and head teachers, Prince Charles is reported to have spoken about his concern at plans to overhaul the secondary education system, which would spell the end of grammar schools across the province.

I'm appalled at grammar schools axe in Ulster, says Charles - Local & National - News - Belfast Telegraph

milla Ca 02-19-2007 08:59 AM

Viewpoint: Parent´s fears mirrored by Royal anxiety

Although the Royal Family usually buttons its lips on matters of Government policy, The Prince of Wales evidently supported the battle for survival of grammar schools in Northern Ireland.

Viewpoint: Parents' fears mirrored by Royal anxiety - Opinion - News - Belfast Telegraph

Skydragon 02-23-2007 04:41 PM

Prince's hospital loses manager

A Cotswolds hospital which was saved from closure by Prince Charles has lost its manager.

BBC NEWS | England | Gloucestershire | Prince's hospital loses manager

milla Ca 02-25-2007 08:03 AM

Picasso, Bacon, Dali, Chagall, Warhol, and now...Wales

Picasso, Bacon, Dali, Chagall, Warhol, and now ... Wales | Special reports | Guardian Unlimited

milla Ca 02-25-2007 09:15 AM

Original art by Prince Charles that is printed on a Chateau Rothschild wine lables is put on display at Sotheby´s Auctions House in New York.
February 23,2007

Yahoo! News Photo

Winemaking Industry on Yahoo! News Photos

Skydragon 03-02-2007 05:47 AM

'Stop using my Three Feathers'

PRINCE CHARLES has launched an astonishing clampdown on the use of the famous Three Feathers symbol.

BeatrixFan 03-03-2007 10:03 PM

Charles is off to my old school on the 8th and my sister's been chosen to meet him in a line-up of 10 kids from her yeargroup. I am seething and may well have to committ sibling-a-cide.

Suonymona 03-04-2007 05:02 AM

If you manage to dispose of your sister and take her place, be sure to give a wave to the photographers! :D

milla Ca 03-04-2007 05:19 AM

Congratulations to your sister BeatrixFan:flowers: ,maybe you can be the 11th pupil in the group and shake hands with HRH...;)

Charles´ fitness to be King questioned

Prince Charles is looked in a bitter dispute with television bosses over a program that questions his fitness to be King.

Charles' fitness to be king questioned*-*World*-*The Washington Times, America's Newspaper

My comment to this program of Channel 4::angry:

Skydragon 03-04-2007 06:45 AM

Quote:

My comment to this program of Channel 4::angry:

Don't worry too much milla Ca, very few people take much notice of anything this channel does. They tend to use 'adjusted' facts and figures to suit their programme. :rolleyes: I wonder where they will slot it, between repeats of Eurotrash or Big Brother! :lol:

Skydragon 03-05-2007 05:51 AM

Charles accused of meddling in politics

Prince Charles has been accused of meddling in politics again by promoting alternative remedies around Westminster.

Charles accused of meddling in politics | News | This is London

- - - - - - -
I think we need Charles to interfere on many issues.

lord_rankin 03-05-2007 04:56 PM

I just wish when he does interfere that the people in his public relations stable would be more wary of his image to the future. I think most of the time his ideas are quite spot on but the way that it his ideas are communicatiated to the public always seems to cast him in a bad light.

BeatrixFan 03-05-2007 05:01 PM

Charles promotes holistic health, certain political figures sell honours. Boy that Charles is a bad man. :rolleyes:

iceflower 03-05-2007 05:13 PM

Pics 5.3.2007

Charles visited community projects in Harlesden today:

The Prince of Wales visited one of the country's most deprived areas today to see how retailers and residents are benefiting from community projects. Charles saw how shops and outlets on Harlesden High Street in north west London are promoting themselves in their area and across the capital in Harlesden, north west London, UK, on March 5, 2007

Charles 1
Charles 2
More pics can be seen here!

Sister Morphine 03-05-2007 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Charles promotes holistic health, certain political figures sell honours. Boy that Charles is a bad man. :rolleyes:

Send him to the Tower!

iceflower 03-05-2007 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
Send him to the Tower!

That would surely be a great new tourist attraction ;) ;)

Here is another picture gallery from getty with pics from today, I can easily imagine Charles making a joke about the need of wearing a peruke ;)
Prince Charles Visits Local Businesses And Community Groups

milla Ca 03-05-2007 05:36 PM

Thank you for the pics iceflower!:flowers:

A brave Prince is smiling there today!

BeatrixFan 03-05-2007 05:36 PM

Charles doesn't really need a wig but I wonder if he would consider wearing one. I wear one all the time now and I have to say, it's so much easier than dealing with your own hair. Then again, maybe he is wearing a wig and it's deceptively thin.

Suonymona 03-06-2007 04:58 AM

It could be a fill-in toupee.

Maybe he has as much hair as Prince Albert of Monaco but with a little Donald Trump-like rearranging, he ends up more like Hugh Laurie (who incidentally wears a piece while on "House" but not in real life).

Skydragon 03-06-2007 06:08 AM

Prince Charles lets his hair down as he jives to a spot of reggae

The Prince of Wales had a hair-raising experience yesterday as he came face to face with a shop full of wigs. Facing the large display, he asked William Mendes, the owner of Juliet’s Hair and Beauty Superstore in Harlesden High Street: “Are they guaranteed not to blow off?”

Prince Charles lets his hair down as he jives to a spot of reggae-News-UK-TimesOnline

RubyPrincess168 03-06-2007 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suonymona
It could be a fill-in toupee.

Maybe he has as much hair as Prince Albert of Monaco but with a little Donald Trump-like rearranging, he ends up more like Hugh Laurie (who incidentally wears a piece while on "House" but not in real life).

There's an image I didn't need in my head!:lol:

Skydragon 03-06-2007 03:56 PM

Prince Charles opens palace learning centre

HRH The Prince of Wales officially opened the £2.4million Clore Learning Centre at Hampton Court Palace this afternoon.

Prince Charles Opens Palace Learning Centre (from Your Local Guardian)

milla Ca 03-06-2007 04:17 PM

Prince Charles with schoolchildren at the Hampton Court Learning Centre

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Britain's Royal Family on Yahoo! News Photos

5th March 2007
HRH visits neighbourhood renewal projects in Harlesden, North West London

The Prince of Wales - HRH visits neighbourhood renewal projects in Harlesden, North West London

6 th March 2007
HRH opens the Clore Learning Centre in Hampton Court Palace

The Prince of Wales - HRH opens the Clore Learning Centre at Hampton Court Palace

HRH writes a new book on organic gardening

The Prince of Wales - HRH writes a new book on organic gardening

________
What a nice pic!:flowers:

hornsen 03-06-2007 05:40 PM

Quote:

Prince Charles with schoolchildren at the Hampton Court Learning Centre

Britain's Royal Family on Yahoo! News Photos

Poor Charles. Looks not so happy today...:neutral:Time for Camilla to come home.

Pictures from yesterday (March 5th) leaving Camilla

[img=https://img256.imageshack.us/img256/8818/surg1ah5.th.jpg]

[img=https://img255.imageshack.us/img255/8916/surgey0.th.jpg]

abaca press

Skydragon 03-06-2007 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hornsen
Poor Charles. Looks not so happy today...:neutral:Time for Camilla to come home.

People tend to forget the poor husband, I wonder if Camilla has that awful post op cough?

AuroraB 03-06-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

People tend to forget the poor husband, I wonder if Camilla has that awful post op cough?

She probably does, along with a sore throat, usually do to an over inflated endotracheal cuff. A pretty common event. Hopefully it won't last for long. :flowers:

milla Ca 03-07-2007 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hornsen

I hope the Royal Couple will be reunited at the weekend!
When Camilla is going better day by day, and she is at home at Highgrove, i think we will see next week a much more happier Prince doing his duties.

Suonymona 03-07-2007 05:24 AM

I don't want to drudge up any C/C/D drama but I never saw photos of Charles looking so unhappy leaving Diana while she was in hospital.
Which is why I think Charles is very much in love with Camilla even now.

My Opinion only.

BeatrixFan 03-07-2007 10:59 AM

Can't wait to see the pics from today's visit to Dagenham. It'll be wierd to see Charles at my old school.

hornsen 03-07-2007 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Can't wait to see the pics from today's visit to Dagenham. It'll be wierd to see Charles at my old school.

The visit is announced for tomorrow.
I think the press is removed from Camilla´s hospital. No pics from Charles or family.

BeatrixFan 03-07-2007 03:03 PM

Of course it is. I'm going mad. I've got the 8th on my perpetual calendar not the 7th!

scooter 03-07-2007 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suonymona
I don't want to drudge up any C/C/D drama but I never saw photos of Charles looking so unhappy leaving Diana while she was in hospital.
Which is why I think Charles is very much in love with Camilla even now.

My Opinion only.

Dont forget the only times Diana was ever in the hospital was the births of the boys. Of course Prince Charles looked happy!

Skydragon 03-08-2007 01:09 PM

Charles sees 'outstanding' school

A tour around an east London school went with a bang for Prince Charles when he visited a chemistry class.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/6431555.stm

They have done really well to turn this school around. :clap:

iceflower 03-08-2007 04:46 PM

Here are some more pics from today - Charles visiting Robert Clark Comprehensive School, that has been transformed into one of the most successful schools in London under Headmaster Paul Grant, in Dagenhan, east London, UK on March 8, 2007.

These two are great : Charles 1 and Charles 2
Click here for the whole gallery!

hornsen 03-08-2007 04:52 PM

I´m so glad he can laugh again.

Saw pics from visiting him Camilla today: Prince Charles leaving King Edward VII's Hospital, London, Britain - 08 Mar 2007

Fotobanka isifa image service

Skydragon 03-08-2007 04:58 PM

Lovely pictures everyone, Thank You! :flowers:

Mr Moody looks very young in iceflowers pics! :lol:

Suonymona 03-09-2007 04:58 AM

That shiner Charles seemed to be sporting in the car shots of him leaving the Duchess' hospital is healing nicely.

Skydragon 03-09-2007 01:36 PM

Pubs "totally invaluable", says Prince Charles

Prince Charles has highlighted the vital role of community pubs during a speech to pub trade representatives at his official residence Clarence House.

The Publican - number one for licensed trade news, and Proud of Pubs - Home - Pubs "totally invaluable", says Prince Charles

milla Ca 03-09-2007 03:09 PM

Prince pays tribute to Pub in the Hub
9th March 2007

Prince Charles has again stressed the importance of the British pub in
community life at a reception held at Clarence House today.

Prince pays tribute to Pub is the Hub - Morning Advertiser

iceflower 03-09-2007 04:43 PM

Here are some pics of today : "Prince Charles Attends Pub Is The Hub Reception At Clarence House" on March 9, 2007 in London, England

Charles 1
Charles 2
Click here for the whole getty picture gallery!

Skydragon 03-10-2007 06:52 AM

CHARLES: I WILL RULE THE OCHIE

PRINCE Charles vowed yesterday to pop into some village pubs to play darts.

Pub-goer Prince Charles is new darts champion

The Prince of Wales yesterday threw his support behind the Save Our Darts campaign highlighted by The Daily Telegraph to prevent the demise of the game.

milla Ca 03-11-2007 07:11 AM

Prince who can´t help interfering

Prince who can't help interfering | News | This is London

Skydragon 03-11-2007 08:12 AM

In the article milla Ca has posted, all the 'worthies' are saying IF he doesn't change when he becomes monarch..... Charles has already said he knows he will be unable to comment on anything when that happens.
Charles has never said he is not taking sides, just that he does not side with one political party or another!
As for getting a disgruntled ex employee to comment, well, she is hardly going to say anything favourable is she. Ex employees who have lost a claim for unfair dismissal tend to seize every opportunity to 'get at' the person who sacked them, for not being able to do her job!:rolleyes:
Then the author 'exposes' common and successful business practise, what do they want The Duchy to do, run at a massive loss, so they can point out that Charles has not appointed very good managers to look after it? Let the tenants live there free of charge... It's a business, not a charity! :wacko:

Elspeth 03-11-2007 01:11 PM

Quote:

I´m glad that i can´t watch Channel 4. My blood pressure is far to high only when i read this article, but i coudn´t bear to hear more rubbish things from Simon Barnes on TV.
Channel 4 is the channel which has just allowed some maverick producer to produce a programme debunking global warming and calling it science; the same guy has been doing hatchet jobs on environmental issues for years and Channel 4 has been airing them, even after one of them was turned down by the BBC for being no better than propaganda. Since Prince Charles is a known environmentalist, no the wonder Channel 4 nabobs don't have much time for him.

Skydragon 03-12-2007 06:32 AM

Angry Charles attacks Channel 4 claims that he is unfit to be King

The Prince of Wales yesterday launched an unprecedented and pre-emptive assault on claims in a TV documentary suggesting he is 'unfit to rule' as his aides stressed he would carry out his role as King in a completely different way to his role as heir-in-waiting.

Angry Charles attacks Channel 4 claims that he is unfit to be King | Uk News | News | Telegraph

Misleading headline, again. :bang:

milla Ca 03-12-2007 04:02 PM

Channel 4 programmes: Dispatches
12th March 2007

Clarence House today published on its website copies of the two letters which Sir Micheal Peat, The Prince of Wales´s Principal Private Secretary, has sent in response to questions from Channel 4´s Dispatches programmes.

The Prince of Wales - Channel 4 programme: Dispatches

milla Ca 03-12-2007 04:20 PM

Prince Charles at a reception at The Tower of London to launch British Tourism week
12th March

Royal Fan 03-12-2007 04:42 PM

I Dont care what anyone says He does a bloody lot for his country and will make a fine King :)

Elspeth 03-12-2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

Channel 4 programmes: Dispatches
12th March 2007

Clarence House today published on its website copies of the two letters which Sir Micheal Peat, The Prince of Wales´s Principal Private Secretary, has sent in response to questions from Channel 4´s Dispatches programmes.

The Prince of Wales - Channel 4 programme: Dispatches

Honestly, such a long, detailed refutation only serves to show that the Prince is taking this stuff seriously. A comment along the lines that the allegations are too ridiculous to take seriously might have been a better response.

iceflower 03-12-2007 05:48 PM

Here is another pic from today : Prince Charles by the River Thames to promote the British Tourism Week, London, Britain - 12 Mar 2007

Charles

Skydragon 03-12-2007 06:33 PM

I actually watched the programme and was not surprised at the way 'facts' were distorted or omitted by the reporter. The calibre of the people against Charles was laughable, Elaine Day, sacked for not doing her job properly as I recall, ex(?) MP Hattersley, 2 declared republican MP's. A professor who it seems decided against telling anyone in authority of his disagreement with what everyone else in the report had said, but contacted a paper and was rebuked for his breach of a confidentiality agreement. Even the way they presented the replies from Clarence House to their questions was a hatchet job on Charles.
:bang: :bang:

I agree with his views on architecture, agriculture, with his business sense, that complimentary medicines can save the NHS money and be used together for the benefit of the patient. Even the 'story' of the family that gave up a house on the Scilly Isles that was then decorated and let for holidays was not the full story.

Skydragon 03-12-2007 06:41 PM

Prince launches UK tourism drive

The Prince of Wales has launched the first British Tourism Week to highlight the importance of overseas visitors to the UK economy.

BBC NEWS | UK | Prince launches UK tourism drive

hornsen 03-12-2007 06:51 PM

Britain's Prince Charles is building a love nest to enjoy with his wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, in the remote Scottish Highlands.

Skydragon 03-12-2007 07:04 PM

Remote, are they joking? It is a short drive to Aberdeen airport! :rolleyes: Oh and it's not in the Highlands!

milla Ca 03-13-2007 03:44 AM

Quote:

Remote, are they joking? It is a short drive to Aberdeen airport! :rolleyes: Oh and it's not in the Highlands!

First the same source wrote that The Prince and Camilla will move to Birkhall and give up Highgrove, now they say Charles built up a new house in Scotland...´ a love nest´... what next?

Skydragon 03-13-2007 06:41 AM

Prince's ham order after 20 years

Prince Charles has ordered home-cured ham from a small market stall in Carmarthen - 20 years after he sampled a free slice on a visit to the town.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/6442375.stm