The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Prince William Current Events 12: December 2006-January 2007 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/prince-william-current-events-12-december-2006-january-2007-a-11551.html)

Avalon 12-08-2006 06:33 AM

Prince William Current Events 12: December 2006-January 2007
 


Welcome to the Prince William Current Events,
part 14

It starts on December 8, 2006

Part 13, covering October - December 2006
can be found here

Avalon 12-08-2006 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower
Kate Middleton and Prince William leaving the Mahiki club in Mayfair London, England - 08.12.06 - Tom Parker Bowles was there as well.
Click here:
Kate and William

Thanks those, iceflower. Interesting to see Tom was partying with William and Kate.



Prince William and his girlfriend Kate Middleton usually like to socialise with a group of young singletons.
But last night they were out for the evening with a married couple - William's step-brother Tom Parker-Bowles and his wife, fashion journalist Sara Buys, who wed last year.

And a picture:
Kate's look of love for William - it looks like that to me, at least

Solange 12-08-2006 01:10 PM

It looks like she was giggling (as in being a little bit tipsy).

kpusa1981 12-08-2006 01:36 PM

https://photo.wenn.com/get_thumbnail....=1/1580760.jpg
https://photo.wenn.com/index.php?ref=...0d910224b3a134
click on the first picture and go to lagre version of it
What does everyone think of the ring she wearing?
Even though the media was making it seem as if William was going to win the Sword of Honour I never really even before he mislayed the light machine gun. The reason I think this is because the head of Sandhurst wouldn't wanted it like there had any favoring of William because than he would have been critized. Does anyone agree with me?

Avalon 12-08-2006 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpusa1981
https://photo.wenn.com/get_thumbnail....=1/1580760.jpg
https://photo.wenn.com/index.php?ref=...0d910224b3a134
click on the first picture and go to lagre version of it
What does everyone think of the ring she wearing?
Even though the media was making it seem as if William was going to win the Sword of Honour I never really even before he mislayed the light machine gun. The reason I think this is because the head of Sandhurst wouldn't wanted it like there had any favoring of William because than he would have been critized. Does anyone agree with me?

I think he had his chances just as everyone else. It would be highly unfair if he were the best but the Sword was given to someone else.
However, there was obviously someone better then him, and she received the Sword.

kpusa1981 12-08-2006 01:43 PM

Congrats women who won the SoH. As well as the young man who won the Queen's Medal.
Is Officier Cadet Wales stil going to carring the Soverign's Banner?
Female Cadet Beats William to The Sword of Honour
Written by Joanne Leyland Thursday, 07 December 2006

Quote:

Female Cadet Beats William to The Sword of Honour
Written by Joanne Leyland Thursday, 07 December 2006

Of equal importance to the hugely competitive William will be the fact that the chimes of the clock will also signify another shift in status inside his family: for that will be the moment that Prince Harry — who's enjoyed outranking his brother since his own passing out parade in April — will once again have to salute his big brother.
Skydragon, is this true? Cadet W.Wales will be a 2nd Lt. as well right?

Skydragon 12-08-2006 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpusa1981
Skydragon, is this true? Cadet W.Wales will be a 2nd Lt. as well right?

As Harry has been a serving officer longer than William, No it is not true. In 'regular army life', they would not salute each other.

My guess is that if we see them together, in uniform, they will salute one another, just for a joke! :smile:

kpusa1981 12-08-2006 02:54 PM

Prince William current Events 14: December 2006 -
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon
As Harry has been a serving officer longer than William, No it is not true. In 'regular army life', they would not salute each other.

My guess is that if we see them together, in uniform, they will salute one another, just for a joke! :smile:

Thank you that is what I thought.

Roslyn 12-08-2006 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon
As Harry has been a serving officer longer than William, No it is not true. In 'regular army life', they would not salute each other.

My guess is that if we see them together, in uniform, they will salute one another, just for a joke! :smile:


I think I read somewhere - it could have been here but I'm not sure - that because William has a degree he will have a higher rank after graduation and therefore outrank Harry. Is this true, Skydragon? If it is, would this not mean Harry would have to salue him?

Thanks in advance. Your specialist knowledge on these issues is much appreciated. :flowers:

Incas 12-08-2006 09:00 PM

I don't understand why the press had to use headlines on variations of "Girl Beats William" for the SoH. First of all, she beat all the rest of the cadets in her class. Second, she is a cadet first. If another male cadet got the SoH, I doubt they would have used "Boy Beats William..."

kpusa1981 12-08-2006 09:27 PM

Congrats women who won the SoH. As well as the young man who won the Queen's Medal.

Roslyn 12-08-2006 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incas
I don't understand why the press had to use headlines on variations of "Girl Beats William" for the SoH. First of all, she beat all the rest of the cadets in her class. Second, she is a cadet first. If another male cadet got the SoH, I doubt they would have used "Boy Beats William..."

I don't like it, but I do understand. It's new, so it's newsworthy, and sexist. To some she is not a cadet first, but a "girl", and girls have no business being there, much less beating men at such a masculine activity.

Women training alongside men in the armed forces, part of the same army rather than a separate Women's service, is still a new thing, only going back about 25 years or so. It's threatening to some, unsettling to others, and still newsworthy. I found this article with some interesting facts: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_the_military

I remember the amazing kerfuffle surrounding the appointment of the first female Qantas pilot, but as at October 2005 Qantas employed 62 female pilots across its mainline operations including 12 Captains, 33 First Officers and 17 Second Officers. Not newsworthy any more.

Female jockeys winning major races is still newsworthy though.

Skydragon 12-09-2006 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roslyn
I think I read somewhere - it could have been here but I'm not sure - that because William has a degree he will have a higher rank after graduation and therefore outrank Harry. Is this true, Skydragon? If it is, would this not mean Harry would have to salue him?

Thanks in advance. Your specialist knowledge on these issues is much appreciated. :flowers:

No he will be the same rank but you did see it on here, I think Kpusa believed that with a degree you automatically pass out as a lieutenant, which is rarely the case here in the UK, from my experience.
William will be the same rank as Harry when he passes out, which is 2nd lieutenant, the same rank that JUO Laycock, also with a university education, (Emmanuel College, Cambridge, she graduated with a Masters degree in Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering), will have. :flowers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpusa1981
My full theory is that it cooked up by CH, Sandhurst, and the MoD in case either deserved the SoH and did not get it or was tied with another cadet and the other cadet got it. That is why CH did not rebutt it. That way RMAS would have would an excuse if William did not get it.

William didn't get the SoH because, after mislaying a machine gun, despite all the work he had done, he was not the best cadet! It is the commanding officers at RMAS that decide who gets the awards, they would not need an excuse. Any cadet could have had the same 'paper score' but, reports showing plus and minus points will have helped the OC make his decision and lets be honest losing a machine gun is bound to carry quite a few minus points.

The MOD has nothing to do with who gets awards at RMAS. CH did not defend William's loss of the gun, because the reports were true.

TonyaR 12-09-2006 12:38 PM

I'm glad Cadet Laycock won the SoH, it shows that the OC really was being fair and square. Congratulations to her for earning this great honour, and for being one of the very few women to have earned it. IMO this makes William's successful passing out after completing the course an even bigger accomplishment.

Of course Prince Harry has already accomplished this same feat and done fantastically well, but many people thought that while Harry was a 'natural' for the the military, William would be like his uncle Prince Edward and just give up.

Many thought he would not have the strength and courage to stay the course and finish some of the toughest military training in the world.
So I'm proud of Prince William, and I'm looking forward to seeing the passing out parade and to hearing about his training and work with the Blues and Royals.

kpusa1981 12-09-2006 01:35 PM

Skydragon, is Officier Cadet Wales still going to carring the Soverign's Banner?

sara1981 12-09-2006 02:57 PM

Wills meets Santa's helpers while dad check out St.Nick
https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...-william-xmas/

kpusa1981 12-10-2006 01:59 AM

https://thumbnails1.pressdisplay.com/...ba256&scale=21
LOVE IS ON THE CARDS: Charles and Camilla’s Christmas greeting
FUN: At nightspot
Does this mean that William will have his own Christmas Card this year?

sara1981 12-10-2006 11:39 PM

Come here you 'orrible bike ...
https://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006570251,00.html

Incas 12-11-2006 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sara1981

That's a very funny article...even if it was not true.:lol:

karla64 12-11-2006 12:03 PM

prince william shooting darts play video.... :flowers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH0-fNrwlOk


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises