The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Weddings (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f31/)
-   -   Lord Nicholas Windsor and Paola Doimi de Frankopan: 4 November 2006 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f31/lord-nicholas-windsor-and-paola-doimi-de-frankopan-4-november-2006-a-11296.html)

Empress 11-06-2006 09:51 PM

Good Heavens! Did her hairdresser get lost or forget to come?

azile 11-06-2006 11:45 PM

I didn't notice immediately but you're right! There is quite a resemblance between Cassius & Columbus and their uncle Nicholas when he was about their age- here are two photos of him as page at Charles & Diana's wedding photo 1 photo 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspeth
Some of those page boys look a lot like Nicholas and his elder brother when they were children.

Danielle 11-06-2006 11:51 PM

Maybe I'm missing something here, but what's wrong with Paola's hair? :ermm: It's covered by a veil and you can hardly see it. From what I see of her and the dress, she looks very pretty. The only 'problem' I have with the first photo is that not everyone is looking at the camera (I know it's hard for kids, but still). Anyway, I love mantilla veils and hers looks really nice. I hope there will be some more photos soon. Congratulations to the couple!

Stefan 11-08-2006 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corazon
he photos are great! the last kent single!!!!!! I hope we can see more pictures, especially in camera press

He is not the last single of the Kent-Line. Hos cousin's Lord Fredrick and Lady Gabriella are still not married or engaged.

Scott 11-08-2006 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan
He is not the last single of the Kent-Line. Hos cousin's Lord Fredrick and Lady Gabriella are still not married or engaged.

And Marina Ogilvy, (Mowatt?) the daughter of Princess Alexandra is also no longer married.

BeatrixFan 11-08-2006 11:30 AM

Bride looks a little bit like a bird's nest but nice to see the Duchess of Kent out and about and smiling. I thought she'd forgotten how.

kelly9480 11-09-2006 09:04 PM

Paola looks terrible in that second pic, but Kate looks lovely.

azile 11-11-2006 04:02 PM

Another photo of the wedding party has been issued and can be seen here on the Royal Wedding Message Board.

magnik 11-11-2006 04:06 PM

Still doesn't look good maybe more happy.

azile 11-16-2006 12:58 PM

FINALLY! Some photos have been released that show a much happier couple! See them on the Royal Weddings Message Board here.

There is also a lovely photo of them at their pre-wedding ball here.

magnik 11-16-2006 02:48 PM

Maybe it's nice dress, but there's smth in that which I don't like. Maybe it should has little longer train... Her hairdo still I think were terrible but the veil - nice. But maybe these are only not the best photos of the couple. That's only my opinion.

Her red dress was great.

Paula** 11-16-2006 04:37 PM

I'm sure it was a very beautiful marriage. I do not consider her dress and hair that awful, she's a pretty woman who looks pretty normal in her wedding.
A marriage in Vatican is something very interesting:rolleyes:

ps: her pre-wedding ball dress is gorgeous.

Warren 11-20-2006 03:44 AM

Guests

The current Point de Vue (#3043) has coverage of the wedding/wedding ball.
The guest list was pretty impressive. Among those named or pictured are:

The Duke and Duchess of Kent
Earl of St Andrews
Lady Helen Taylor
Columbus Taylor
Cassius Taylor
The Duke and Duchess of Bragança
Prince Georg Friedrich, Head of the Imperial & Royal House of Prussia
Mariano Hugo, Fürst zu Windisch-Graetz and his wife Archduchess Sophie of Austria
Dowager Fürstin Maria Luisa zu Windisch-Graetz
Archduke Georg and Archduchess Eilika of Austria (neé Duchess of Oldenburg)
Archduke Edouard of Austria (Line of Hungary)
Prince Jean of Luxembourg
Princess Barbara of Yugoslavia (neé Liechtenstein)
Princess Hélène of Bavaria
Duke Konstantin of Oldenburg
Duchess Tatiana of Oldenburg
Prince ? and Princess Felicitas zu Lippe (-Weissenfeld?)
Prince & Duke and Princess & Duchess Henri d'Arenberg
Prince and Princess Tassilo von Metternich
Prince Alesandro Rospigliosi

BeatrixFan 11-20-2006 12:03 PM

Wow. What a guest list. But interestingly, Prince and Princess Michael didn't attent and neither did Princess Alexandra.

Lady Marmalade 11-20-2006 12:58 PM

That is interesting his aunt and uncle did not attend.....hmm....

BeatrixFan 11-20-2006 03:50 PM

I thought Princess Michael would be there lapping it all up.

Warren 11-27-2006 05:50 AM

With her daughter too, now she's newly eligible...
No need to carry an Almanach de Gotha in one's handbag when there's an opportunity to meet them in the flesh. :biggrin:

dbarn67 01-08-2007 11:56 AM

If anyone is interested the current issue of Majesty magazine (with QEII on the cover) has pictures of the wedding. Some nice closeups of the bride and pics of Lady Helen and her boys.

Velasco 12-02-2008 04:21 PM

Does anyone know what her royal connections are?

I recall the name "Frankopan" as a noble surname, from my computer game Crusader Kings, lol, and wonder if she is descended from a noble dynasty of that name.

Count 12-03-2008 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velasco (Post 861936)
Does anyone know what her royal connections are?

I recall the name "Frankopan" as a noble surname, from my computer game Crusader Kings, lol, and wonder if she is descended from a noble dynasty of that name.

The Frankopan family, also known as de Frangipanibus or Frangipane in Italian, was one of the most important families in Croatia. Their received the title of Count, than Prince of Veglia and during a period (ca 1400) they were rulers of almost all Croatia. I met in the uk a Princess Doimi de Frankopan, who probably is a relative of the future wife of Lord George, but I do not have more informations.