The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f219/)
-   -   Infanta Cristina and Family, Current Events Part 7: September - December 2006 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f219/infanta-cristina-and-family-current-events-part-7-september-december-2006-a-10965.html)

Noelia A.V. 10-16-2006 05:13 PM

very beautiful the infanta!!!! :flowers:

monica 10-16-2006 05:14 PM

The Dukes of Palm go to the supper of National Gallery of the inauguration of the exhibition of Vela'zquez


The Dukes of Palm, infanta Doña Cristina and her husband, Iñaki Urdangarín, they tonight presided over the reception and supper that the museum National Gallery of London will offer in the occasion of the inauguration of the exhibition on the Spanish painter Vela'zquez.

The museum will be the scene of the great exhibition that will present/display the race of Diego Rodriguez de Silva and Vela'zquez, from its beginnings in Seville, passing through its pass by Madrid and its appointment as painter of the cut of Felipe IV, its trips to Italy and its last years of maturity
In its speech, infanta Cristina said that 'perhaps the best praise than can be dedicated to the Art of Vela'zquez is that it follows alive as demonstrates to his influence in other painters like Picasso or Francis to it Bacon, revolutionary icons of the painting moderna'.

The infanta remembered in her speech that Vela'zquez lived specially at a time of transcendental transition in the formation of Europe and of Spain.
'Century XVII is time of deep transformations in the philosophy, in science, in the arts, as well as in the political and economic relations internacionales', it said.

https://actualidad.terra.es/internaci...ry_1145405.htm

nayralorenzo 10-16-2006 05:29 PM

I like a lot her hair and her dress...beautiful Cristina!!!!
I want to see IRene...pleassseeeeee...

monica 10-16-2006 05:40 PM

Wowww !!!! Wooooww !!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

The Infanta and Iñaki are very handsome, Wonderful Cristina !!!!!!!!!!!!
Thankssss for the photosssssss :flowers: :flowers:

crisiñaki 10-16-2006 07:56 PM

wow, it was great!:wub:
she looks even better in person and seems to be a very intelligent person, the speech she gave was very thoughtful and she knew how to transmit the feeling of Velazquez paintings and the influence it got from the times he lived in and the connection to her family and Spain's history!
I'm so excited she finally came to my town and also that I had the chance to go an see her.

The inauguration started about 7 in the afternoon, but all those of us who got tickets (thanks dad-in-law;) ) had to be there at 6 to have a security check and stuff and then we were allowed to go inside the museum but not to the place where Velazquez' paintings were, 'cuz she had to be the first one to see them...

The exposition is in the second floor of the gallery which was closed until she came, so I took my time and went through the paintings in level 0, there's an awesome collection there (even though I prefer the National Portrait Gallery:smartass:)...

Well, after the rambling;)...
Then she comes....

All I can say is WOW! she's way prettier in person and looks so much better since the last time I saw her (when she was pregnant with Irene), she was wearing a really cool black assembly and I fell in love with her purse; we (of course) were put behind a cord line so it's not like we actually touch her but hearing her saying hello to all of us was really cool!

Behind her came Iñaki (damn lucky woman, he's hoooot) who was wearing an imposing dark blue/black Armani suit with an striped tie, he was constantly looking her way and hung to her every word; in a moment of the speech she looked at him and he WINKED at her (I almost died in that instant!:wub:); they really seem to be so in love and in tune with each other, it was really lovely to see...

when her speech ended, they started seeing the paintings and getting pictures done, the photographers were crazy about her and took a million pics:lol:; then they said goodbye to everyone and went on their merry way and the exposition was finally opened for us; I actually saw all of it (mom, aren't you proud of me?:rofl:) and then I got home feeling very exhilarated for the whole experience!

The only downside part was that I wasn't able to take pics since cameras and mobiles aren't allowed inside the gallery but I felt some flashes coming my way so don't get surprised if my face appears at LFI or something like that:lol:

Well, that's the end of my rambling and the end of the experience!:flowers:

ldt20 10-16-2006 08:04 PM

Wow, Crisinaki, I'm very jealous. You mention you had seen Infanta Cristina in person before. When was that?


Quote:

Originally Posted by crisiñaki
wow, it was great!:wub:
she looks even better in person and seems to be a very intelligent person, the speech she gave was very thoughtful and she knew how to transmit the feeling of Velazquez paintings and the influence it got from the times he lived in and the connection to her family and Spain's history!
I'm so excited she finally came to my town and also that I had the chance to go an see her.

The inauguration started about 7 in the afternoon, but all those of us who got tickets (thanks dad-in-law;) ) had to be there at 6 to have a security check and stuff and then we were allowed to go inside the museum but not to the place where Velazquez' paintings were, 'cuz she had to be the first one to see them...

The exposition is in the second floor of the gallery which was closed until she came, so I took my time and went through the paintings in level 0, there's an awesome collection there (even though I prefer the National Portrait Gallery:smartass:)...

Well, after the rambling;)...
Then she comes....

All I can say is WOW! she's way prettier in person and looks so much better since the last time I saw her (when she was pregnant with Irene), she was wearing a really cool black assembly and I fell in love with her purse; we (of course) were put behind a cord line so it's not like we actually touch her but hearing her saying hello to all of us was really cool!

Behind her came Iñaki (damn lucky woman, he's hoooot) who was wearing an imposing dark blue/black Armani suit with an striped tie, he was constantly looking her way and hung to her every word; in a moment of the speech she looked at him and he WINKED at her (I almost died in that instant!:wub:); they really seem to be so in love and in tune with each other, it was really lovely to see...

when her speech ended, they started seeing the paintings and getting pictures done, the photographers were crazy about her and took a million pics:lol:; then they said goodbye to everyone and went on their merry way and the exposition was finally opened for us; I actually saw all of it (mom, aren't you proud of me?:rofl:) and then I got home feeling very exhilarated for the whole experience!

The only downside part was that I wasn't able to take pics since cameras and mobiles aren't allowed inside the gallery but I felt some flashes coming my way so don't get surprised if my face appears at LFI or something like that:lol:

Well, that's the end of my rambling and the end of the experience!:flowers:


stellad 10-16-2006 08:13 PM

Wow Crisinaki you are one lucky lady.

Stellad

crisiñaki 10-16-2006 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldt20
Wow, Crisinaki, I'm very jealous. You mention you had seen Infanta Cristina in person before. When was that?

I saw Cristina in February 2005 (she was pregnant with Irene) when I was in a trip in Barcelona with my guy and our kids, it wasn't planned I swear; we were walking through Las Ramblas (the most famous street there) and were in our way to the Museu de Cera, when I spotted them in the street: Cristina, Iñaki, Miguel and Iñaki's mother Claire.
I almost died in that moment because of shock, they noticed me staring and smiled at me and greeted us, they were very kind; it was like a surreal experience!

RhapsodyBrat 10-16-2006 10:53 PM

girl, you are just so lucky! i envy you. :biggrin: thanks for sharing your story! i can imagine how excited you were (excited probably won't even fit the description!) ha ha ;)

crisiñaki 10-16-2006 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat
girl, you are just so lucky! i envy you. :biggrin: thanks for sharing your story! i can imagine how excited you were (excited probably won't even fit the description!) ha ha ;)

I'm still like in a sugar high, I can't sleep!:lol::rofl:

anyway, more pics from Terra:

https://x5.freeshare.us/122fs245163.jpg
https://x5.freeshare.us/122fs2451881.jpg
https://x5.freeshare.us/122fs2451976.jpg

crisiñaki 10-17-2006 12:54 AM

and I forgot to say, Iñaki is one of the most jealous guys I've ever seen in my life, he's very territorial about her and one of the exposition guys was totally hitting on her (it was sooo obvious:rolleyes:) and Iñaki got closer to her like saying (with body language) "I'm about 20cm taller than you and this is MY woman so back off"...:lol:
Everybody noticed it and when we were heading out, they were all talking about it;)

fanletizia 10-17-2006 05:24 AM

Was there some representative of the British Royal family? :ermm:

from casareal

https://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4411/1yh7.jpg

Marengo 10-17-2006 06:15 AM

Woe, Cristina looks spectacular in these pictures IMO, a very attractive woman (and couple)! Thanks for posting them Crisinaki...

kartheina 10-17-2006 08:30 AM

Infanta Cristina's dress is very flattering on her. I like how the neckline accentuates her face and creates a dramatic impact... She (and Inaki too) looks very beautiful in the photos!

monica 10-17-2006 11:43 AM

LFI


https://img136.imagevenue.com/loc481/..._122_481lo.jpg https://img105.imagevenue.com/loc498/..._122_498lo.jpg https://img129.imagevenue.com/loc483/..._122_483lo.jpg https://img24.imagevenue.com/loc431/t..._122_431lo.jpg


https://img218.imageshack.us/img218/8384/23995277vc8.jpg https://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5544/23995280qm9.jpg

ldt20 10-17-2006 12:34 PM

Does anyone have video of Cristina's speech in London at the National Gallery?

jordana2 10-17-2006 12:58 PM

Now that's one very good looking couple!!!

*SofiaM* 10-17-2006 01:35 PM

Cristina looks so amazing, I love her hair. N I'm so glad you got to see your fave lady AGAIN! :flowers:

Juanita 10-17-2006 02:04 PM

I'm very happy for you sis!! :rofl: Thanks for sharing! :flowers:
Armani suit that remembers me something ;) :rofl:

lisa777 10-17-2006 03:06 PM

OMG, They are such a good looking couple, no wonder their kids are so gorgeous!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises