The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f44/)
-   -   Additional Children? (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f44/additional-children-10402.html)

KathyMoore 07-29-2006 11:01 PM

Additional Children?
 
I recall reading something about a 60-yr-old Wales
woman giving birth to a son recently.

It just occured to me that Camilla is about the same
age.(younger, if I'm not mistaken)

What would happen if Camilla and Charles decided
to do the same?

Just wondering.... :)

Alexandria 07-29-2006 11:19 PM

I think the case of a 60 year old woman giving birth is an extremely rare one. That woman would have had to gone through fertility treatment to become pregnant, not to mention that that her baby would have very high risks for health problems. I can't see Camilla having fertility treatments at this time in her life in order to have a child with Charles.

And as Charles and Camilla have finally been able to get married and be together, I doubt that they would want to become parents together to a newborn. Besides, with both of Camilla's kids having gotten married recently, more likely the newborns she'll be attending to will be her grandkids.

Regardless if Charles and Camilla had kids, William would still inherit the throne following his father as Charles' first born (son).

Toledo 07-29-2006 11:56 PM

Quote:

60-yr-old Wales woman gave birth to son, what if Camilla wants to do the same?
You mean besides sending a few of us to an early grave just for the shock?
I think at this time in their lives and with all they have gone through they will dedicate the child more time than the one they had with their respective children. Why? because on the age factor. Their age. They will know there won't be much time left to enjoy their kid's life and no doubt will try to make the best of it.

Elspeth 07-30-2006 12:02 AM

Since this is a speculative topic which doesn't (I hope) have any grounding in fact, is there really much point discussing it?

The facts are that if Camilla gave birth to Charles's child, the child would be in the line of succession after William and Harry and their children. Whether she or Charles would want to do that, whether they'd be able to find a doctor to help carry it out, and what the Queen might do or think are all topics that we can only guess about.

crisiñaki 07-30-2006 12:02 AM

I believe Charles and Camilla have fought a long way to be together and all they want is to spend the rest of their lives with each other so I don't think they would want to have a child at this age

ZandraRae 07-30-2006 04:58 PM

The Queen Mother would turn over in her grave if this discussion would indeed by some miracle become true. Please, that is all we need, a Charmilla child!

hornsen 07-30-2006 05:03 PM

It is all pure fantasy but, Charles would be the proudest father of the world. A child from his "darling" and if it would be a girl, he would be over the moon. But, its a senseless discussion. Anyhow it would be a great event.;)

Bella 07-30-2006 05:18 PM

Camilla wouldn't be so stupid.

Alexandria 07-30-2006 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hornsen
It is all pure fantasy but, Charles would be the proudest father of the world. A child from his "darling" and if it would be a girl, he would be over the moon.

Did Charles always want more kids? And did he ever say that he wanted a girl?

Of all the controversy in his life, for me Charles has always seemed very happy when surrounded by his sons or talking about them. The recent Dateline interview with Charles and his sons, it was so clear that Charles was first and foremost a dad like any other, bemused by the fashion styles of his sons, the music they listened to and complaining about the loud volume at which they listened to their music.

On the flip side, William and Harry were clearly also very loving and proud of their father and acting like any sons would, making fun of him about how "uncool" he was.

Paula** 07-30-2006 06:31 PM

~I don't think a child is on Charles's and Camilla's plans:p

HenrikaB 07-30-2006 06:45 PM

I agree that most, not all, people who truly love each other usually want to procreate as a sign of their union. But I don't believe that Charles and Camilla will have any children together.

Also, as unpopular as this may sound, I have come to think of the pairing of Charles and Camilla as the union of two soulmates.

hayz64 07-31-2006 08:14 AM

I don't think Charles and Camilla will have a baby together,but i think it'd be quite cute if they did!lol!:p

Obviously it ISN'T going to happen and i think the only babies Charles and Camilla will be handling together are their grandchildren.BUT...if they were to have a baby now,i have no doubt it would be a girl like Charles wanted.Camilla seems to be able to give Charles what he always wanted from her and i think it would be so fitting if it was indeed a girl!

BACK TO REALITY...When either William or Harry have a child do you think they will call Camilla their grandmother?With Diana gone,i don't see anything wrong with this,as William and Harry have both made their feelings clear about how they feel towards Camilla.I think it would be more awkward if either Tom or Laura have a child as Andrew Parker Bowles is still alive.Would the child just simply have 2 grandfathers??:confused: :confused:

ZandraRae 07-31-2006 11:03 AM

hayz64, I don't see any reason why tom or Laura's children couldn't have 2 grandfathers. Where I live it is actually very common. With the divorce rate so high these days, things such as this are looked upon as "normal."

pollyemma 07-31-2006 11:49 AM

i think it would be awful for them to have a child! can you imagine? if they had a child now they would be in their 70s when their child hit those difficult teenage years.

all their peers would be enjoying a life of leisure for senior citizens but C and C would be up till 2 am waiting for their teenager to come back from a party, worrying that he/she might be on drugs, who are they dating, dealing with teenage emotional ups and downs, etc.

most parents find this all hard enough to deal with while they are in their prime. but 70 year olds? i think C and C are far too wise to wish for such a thing.

hayz64 07-31-2006 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZandraRae
hayz64, I don't see any reason why tom or Laura's children couldn't have 2 grandfathers. Where I live it is actually very common. With the divorce rate so high these days, things such as this are looked upon as "normal."

Yeah it is in my area too,so i don't think there would be any problems!:smile:

I think it would look quite cute to see Charles and Camilla with granchildren and taking them out together!:wub:

Skydragon 08-05-2006 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hayz64
Would the child just simply have 2 grandfathers??:confused: :confused:

Quite a lot of children have 4 grandmothers or grandfathers, it is nothing unusual. It would be easy enough for them to call one, Grandpapa Charles, one Grandpapa Andrew and one Grandpapa William (Sara P-B's father).

As for Charles and Camilla having a child at their age, I believe they have far too much sense. :flowers:

The 60 year old who had IVF to get pregnant is clearly mentally unstable and and too selfish to put the childs welfare first. :rolleyes:

Roslyn 08-05-2006 06:57 AM

I see, or sense, an unseemly dash of sexism in the criticism of women becoming parents at a age older than the traditional general maximum age for motherhood. For centuries men have been fathering children in their 50s and well into their 70s and even 80s without adverse comment. Any comment has been more in the nature of the "who'd a thought the old bloke would have had it in him", "nudge, nudge, wink, wink, goodonya mate", sort.

The adverse reaction we see these days seems to be generated in response to the idea of women in their 50s and 60s becoming mothers.

Now I ask you...........why on earth is a woman in her 60s likely to be a worse parent than a man in his 60s?

Since women in their late 50s and 60s and 70s have been caring, very successfully, for young children for decades while their own children, the parents of those young children, have been working, or socialising, or doing whatever it is that parents do when they want respite from the demands imposed on them by their mewling, puking, infants, it is clearly not the welfare of those infants that causes people to react adversely to the idea of a 60 year old mother, what is it other than sexism????

Of course the question "why on earth would a sane woman in her 50s or 60s want to put her body through that torment" is a completely different one :cool:

If Camilla and Charles both want to, and can, I can think of no valid reason why they should not. If they had one, their child would certainly be loved, and well cared for. What more can one ask of the parents of children?

Skydragon 08-05-2006 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roslyn
For centuries men have been fathering children in their 50s and well into their 70s and even 80s without adverse comment. Now I ask you...........why on earth is a woman in her 60s likely to be a worse parent than a man in his 60s? Since women in their late 50s and 60s and 70s have been caring, very successfully, for young children for decades while their own children, the parents of those young children, have been working, or socialising

The men you speak of, at least have the sense to have another child with a much younger partner, thereby giving a greater chance of the mother still being around in the teenage years.

These 'older' women may have been 'caring successfully for decades', that is because at the end of the day, they hand them back! They simply do not have the enrgy to look after a child properly on a full time basis.

Can these 60 & 70 year olds keep up with the 8 year old who races off in the street or supermarket (not from what I have seen),

It is not being sexist, it is seeing all the implications and accepting that nature (with a few medical exceptions) makes the decision when a woman is too old to have children. These women are selfish or do they think the teasing their child will get is ok as long as they get what they want, by whatever means possible? :ermm:

Roslyn 08-05-2006 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon
The men you speak of, at least have the sense to have another child with a much younger partner, thereby giving a greater chance of the mother still being around in the teenage years.

These 'older' women may have been 'caring successfully for decades', that is because at the end of the day, they hand them back! They simply do not have the enrgy to look after a child properly on a full time basis.

Can these 60 & 70 year olds keep up with the 8 year old who races off in the street or supermarket (not from what I have seen),

It is not being sexist, it is seeing all the implications and accepting that nature (with a few medical exceptions) makes the decision when a woman is too old to have children. These women are selfish or do they think the teasing their child will get is ok as long as they get what they want, by whatever means possible? :ermm:

For the last couple of centuries Royalty and the aristocracy and wealthy folk generally have delegated the day to day responsibilitiy for the rearing of their children to employees, so members of those circles have not had to had worry whether or not they had the energy to look after their children full time. It is simply not an issue when one has enough money to pay others to do it.

Skydragon 08-05-2006 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roslyn
It is simply not an issue when one has enough money to pay others to do it.

I was replying to your post where you say "an unseemly dash of sexism in the criticism of women becoming parents at a age older than the traditional general maximum age for motherhood. For centuries men have been fathering children in their 50s and well into their 70s and even 80s" and "Since women in their late 50s and 60s and 70s have been caring, very successfully, for young children for decades".
Most of these IMO, selfish women are unable to guarantee that their pension fund will cover the cost of a nanny, governess or even childcare costs.No matter how good your childrens nanny may be, by the time she is 50, a younger helper is taken on, why, because the older nanny has lost the speed and reflexes they need to look after young babies and children.

I am fully aware that 'members of these circles' employ a nanny, governess etc. :rolleyes: :whistling:

Roslyn 08-05-2006 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon
I was replying to your post where you say "an unseemly dash of sexism in the criticism of women becoming parents at a age older than the traditional general maximum age for motherhood. For centuries men have been fathering children in their 50s and well into their 70s and even 80s" and "Since women in their late 50s and 60s and 70s have been caring, very successfully, for young children for decades".
Most of these IMO, selfish women are unable to guarantee that their pension fund will cover the cost of a nanny, governess or even childcare costs.No matter how good your childrens nanny may be, by the time she is 50, a younger helper is taken on, why, because the older nanny has lost the speed and reflexes they need to look after young babies and children.

I am fully aware that 'members of these circles' employ a nanny, governess etc. :rolleyes: :whistling:

I still see a dash of sexism in criticism of a woman doing something because of age when criticism is not levelled at a man on the same basis. Is it a good thing for 75 year old Rupert Murdoch to have a 5 year old and 3 year old? I suspect he has them because his latest, 35 year old, wife wanted them. Is it better for a child to have an ancient father than an ancient mother? I don't think so.

As long as the child's health is not compromised because of the age of the mother, and as long as the parents can afford to provide for the child's needs, I don't think it's necessarily (and I repeat, necessarily) selfish of an older woman to want to have a child. Mind you, even I draw the line at 60 and probably actually about 55 if I'm honest with myself. :smile: And I don't think it should be encouraged.

Skydragon 08-06-2006 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roslyn
I still see a dash of sexism in criticism of a woman doing something because of age when criticism is not levelled at a man on the same basis. Is it a good thing for 75 year old Rupert Murdoch to have a 5 year old and 3 year old? I suspect he has them because his latest, 35 year old, wife wanted them. Is it better for a child to have an ancient father than an ancient mother? I don't think so.

Well we know we are never going to agree on this one! I think both scenarios are bad however, the father (of whatever age) is not going to increase the risks associated with geriatric pregnancies.

Bella 08-06-2006 05:58 PM

Women are not meant to have babies in their 50s/60s/70s. It's not sexism, it's nature. Just because humans have developed the technology to do so doesn't deem it right.

Anayhow, I thought this topic was about Camilla having a child at her age, which is ludicrous. Now that both her children are married, maybe the topic should be Camilla's grandchildren.

Elspeth 08-06-2006 06:10 PM

When she has grandchildren, I'm sure someone will be starting a thread. In the meantime, this thread was started as a "what-if" that's hypothetical but not complete fantasy, given the news about this 62-year-old mother.

Roslyn 08-06-2006 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon
Well we know we are never going to agree on this one!

I'm not trying to sway anyone's opinion, just stating my own. :flowers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon
I think both scenarios are bad however, the father (of whatever age) is not going to increase the risks associated with geriatric pregnancies.

There is now evidence that the age of the father can affect the risks. For example:

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/preconce...ectsfertility/

elizabet 08-06-2006 11:40 PM

hi, personally i think it's kind of dissapointing that they didn't have some illigitimate son with the dark hair and big ears. but i can't really say that.

Skydragon 08-07-2006 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roslyn
There is now evidence that the age of the father can affect the risks. For example:
/

As the article says, the risk to a baby from a geriatric pregnancy are well known. As I said both scenarios are far from ideal. :bang:

I still think Charles and Camilla have far too much intelligence to want to go down the route of having another child at their age, I should think they will leave that to politicians who need to get votes. :lol:

HRH Kimetha 08-09-2006 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon
As the article says, the risk to a baby from a geriatric pregnancy are well known. As I said both scenarios are far from ideal. :bang:

I still think Charles and Camilla have far too much intelligence to want to go down the route of having another child at their age, I should think they will leave that to politicians who need to get votes. :lol:


In addition, I think Charles & Camilla are at an age to really enjoy what years they have together without nappies.

Panther2000 08-13-2006 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspeth
Since this is a speculative topic which doesn't (I hope) have any grounding in fact, is there really much point discussing it?

The facts are that if Camilla gave birth to Charles's child, the child would be in the line of succession after William and Harry and their children. Whether she or Charles would want to do that, whether they'd be able to find a doctor to help carry it out, and what the Queen might do or think are all topics that we can only guess about.


I think what others may be missing also is that the EGG that the woman used was not her own. So, speaking as a woman/mother/wife. Camilla would need egges donated. Hence, creating another Question. Charles may father a child genetically, but she herself is not genetically related to the child. & being that Royality deals with Genetics relations & marriage, etc....


THis is all in theory only because, I can pretty much with 100% certain that a child by the both of them won't happen at all. But, just throwing questions like these out ther are fun to play around with.

Lady Night Stalker 08-13-2006 09:05 PM

Ha! The chances of Camilla having a child at her age are slim to none. In a fantasy world I'm sure it would be lovely but in real life? Never going to happen. I know they say never say never but Camilla having a child at her age is just not going to happen and I highyl doubt that Camilla with two children of her own already plus step children honestly wants to have a child at her age. I would think she'd rather just enjoy her golden years with Charles all to herself rather than have anohter young child to worry about.

hayz64 08-14-2006 01:43 PM

Just think of the amount of controversy it would cause!:rofl: In a way though i think it would be really cute...just my imagination i think!But i really want Charles and Camilla,(even though we know they are completely in love with each other) to do something really big in public to show that they are!I don't know...like a really romantic gesture or something!:wub: Gosh me and my hopeless romantic ways going off again!

wittykitty 08-14-2006 03:57 PM

"Pensiner parents are the new rage but I think if they had gotton remarried 7/8 years ago then it might have been possible but right now they just want to spend time together not with a baby.
wittykitty

Panther2000 08-16-2006 02:44 AM

7 or eight years ago was out of the question. It took almost 10 years for the marraige to happen.



& Frankly, I find it kind of selfish(sp) of these silly women today at the ages of 50 & over to be having children. Just because a thing can be done doesn't mean that it should be done. There is a Very good reason why woman in their late 40's & in some cases early 50's go through the change. Creating a new life within your own takes a great toll on the body. Hence, all the risks factors that play in not only for the child but for the mother also. If, it happens naturally then Good luck to the mother. As in case here in the US about 2 years ago. A woman inDetroit 62 years old had twin naturally, She was suprised as anyone when the doctor told her that she was going to have a baby. Needless to say, that she did not go to doctors to become preg. It just happen. & by the time she realized that something was up it was too late to do anything about it.

But, back on track.

I have a question. I know that Charles has made some kind of trust fund for Camilla's kids. But, what about their kids, His step Grandchildren. Or dose the trust funds stop with camilla's kids. Though, they are in the royal family they are not part of the royal family. Because, being that both of Camilla's kids are now married. the Next news will be the babies coming probably within the next year. Just a though.

Australian 09-17-2006 05:08 AM

I don't think Camilla would even think about having anymore kids. She is now in her mature years, close to pension years and I think all she wants to do now is enjoy the kids she already has and her grandkids (does she have any? if not, then she can enjoy looking forward to grandkids)

Skydragon 09-17-2006 05:59 AM

Royal News - Camilla and Charles Have Fifty-Five Babies!

https://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/218182004.htm


:lol: :rofl: :lol:

Avalon 09-17-2006 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon
Royal News - Camilla and Charles Have Fifty-Five Babies!

https://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/218182004.htm


:lol: :rofl: :lol:



You put that one in the right thread, Skydragon! And it's hillarious! :lol: :lol: :lol: We hoped (well, at least thought) of one baby but no one in the wildest dream could dream of 55! :lol: :rolleyes:
Looks like it's destiny for Charles' to be with Camillas' !!! :rofl:

Elspeth 09-17-2006 11:31 AM

Oh, my...

"Car salesman Hayden Crawford, from Dorset, England, who is a fan of the royal family, said: "Camilla doesn't like Charles. When I put him in her tank she attacked him and broke his leg.""

Maybe he should have called the female Diana.:rofl:

AgnesK 09-17-2006 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspeth
"Camilla doesn't like Charles. When I put him in her tank she attacked him and broke his leg."


"News of the world" should run the story about that :lol:

Skydragon 09-17-2006 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgnesK
"News of the world" should run the story about that :lol:

They probably will, Watch this space! :lol:

Sister Morphine 09-19-2006 01:40 AM

I can't see Camilla having a baby. That woman in Wales might have wanted to and done so, but I can't see Camilla doing it too. If there were people bothered by her marrying Charles and one day becoming Queen....they'll lose their lunch if she has a baby with him.

AgnesK 09-19-2006 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon
They probably will, Watch this space! :lol:


Of course I will. I have also some good headline for their "world's exclusive" -
"We were so in love and now she left me with 55 children, broken heart and broken leg - says Prince Charles" ;)

Next Star 09-21-2006 07:19 PM

No way would Camilla have another child with Prince Charles she is happy have just two grown children from her first marriage.

iowabelle 09-22-2006 07:06 PM

I think Camilla prefers older "children" to babies, so I don't think there's any risk of them having to set up a nursery in Clarence House, unless grandchildren are on the way.

Although the notion is catchy -- the British version of the Japanese royal soap opera!

BeatrixFan 09-22-2006 07:07 PM

No thankyou. We've had quite enough of Pallas.

love_cc 09-22-2006 11:07 PM

In a fantasy I am glad that Charles and Camilla can have a child of theirs, probably a daughter. However in reality it is not to happen. When they were young, Charles and Camilla may dream to have a child of their own,but now they wouldn't. They would focus on devoting themselves to each other and helping Charles make more achivements rather than having a child. Both Charles and Camilla have children, the important thing is to love all children from both sides. I think Camilla is a good mother and a good stepmother.

Gecko 09-23-2006 06:29 AM

Hello everyone, my first post here and I'm delighted to have found a forum where people actually praise Camilla instead of bringing her down all of the time. I'm going to enjoy myself here I think!

I think that Charles and Camilla are very much looking forward to becoming Grandparents. From what my parents say, its much better when your kids have children because you can get away with spoiling them! I think they will make wonderful grandparents!

Skydragon 09-23-2006 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gecko
Hello everyone, my first post here and I'm delighted to have found a forum where people actually praise Camilla instead of bringing her down all of the time. I'm going to enjoy myself here I think!

I think that Charles and Camilla are very much looking forward to becoming Grandparents. From what my parents say, its much better when your kids have children because you can get away with spoiling them! I think they will make wonderful grandparents!

A big welcome from me! :flowers:

Your parents are right, but also with grandchildren you can hand them back! :lol:

Gecko 09-23-2006 06:54 AM

Thank you so much, Skydragon! :smile:

milla Ca 09-23-2006 03:52 PM

I think Charles and Camilla love `their ` four children truly, their own two as father/mother and the other two as a very good friend.
Maybe when they were younger, they had the wish to have children together ( like many loving couples), but now, i think, they are happy that the children are grown up, and they enjoy their togetherness as wife and husband.
But you´re right Skydragon and Gecko, they will be wonderful grandparents.

A special welcome to Gecko :flowers: !

Maxie 09-23-2006 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gecko
Hello everyone, my first post here and I'm delighted to have found a forum where people actually praise Camilla instead of bringing her down all of the time. I'm going to enjoy myself here I think!

I think that Charles and Camilla are very much looking forward to becoming Grandparents. From what my parents say, its much better when your kids have children because you can get away with spoiling them! I think they will make wonderful grandparents!

Welcome Gecko! Glad to have you here! :flowers:
I also think that Charles and Camilla will be adorable as grandparents! :wub: Can you imagine them carrying around with these little angels? I can hardly wait!

ysbel 09-23-2006 04:38 PM

I think the likelihood of Camilla bearing a child is about the same as any other woman her age - possible but not likely.

As an aside, its true that men can father children at a later age than women can carry them but children with older fathers do face certain risks - they have a higher chance of developing autism.

Roslyn 09-23-2006 06:41 PM

Welcome, Gecko. :flowers: Nice to see another Aussie Camilla fan joining the board.

Gecko 09-23-2006 08:38 PM

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your friendly welcomes! :flowers:

Roslyn 09-26-2006 04:54 AM

Since it's been announced that Maxima and Letizia are pregnant, I thought I'd pop in to see if there was any news here.

No?

Can't say I'm surprised.

:lol:

Avalon 09-26-2006 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roslyn
Since it's been announced that Maxima and Letizia are pregnant, I thought I'd pop in to see if there was any news here.

No?

Can't say I'm surprised.

:lol:

We expect the official confirmation any day now... :rofl:

Gecko 09-26-2006 07:24 PM

I think it will come from our Cinderella (CP Mary) before it comes from the UK's, but I'll bet C&C will be just as pleased when they announce a bun-in-the-oven from one of their kids!

Warren 09-27-2006 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gecko
... but I'll bet C&C will be just as pleased when they announce a bun-in-the-oven from one of their kids!

Preferably a married one.

Roslyn 09-27-2006 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren
Preferably a married one.

What an evil thought :lol: As if the Queen hasn't had enough problems with her family!

Skydragon 09-27-2006 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren
Preferably a married one.

How wicked! :lol: Many a true word spoken in jest though! :lol:

Gecko 10-01-2006 08:22 PM

In the article "Eating Like A King" the author mentions that Tom Parker-Bowles and his wife Sara are hoping to start a family soon, so maybe Charles and Camilla won't have too long to wait before they become grandparents.

CasiraghiTrio 05-22-2007 10:48 AM

What if the Prince and Duchess adopt a child?
 
The Duchess's hysterechtomy(sp?) got me thinking about this. I find it sad that this lovely couple never had the oppurtunity to have a child together. Since it is impossible to have one biologically, I think it would be a dream if they would adopt a child together. I realize that their age in life makes it unlikely, since they no doubt feel they don't have the energy or time for child rearing anymore! :lol: At the same time, they have so much money and staff to help out, so what if....? Does anyone think they might do it? What might they name such a child and what/how would the child be called, styled?
I know an adopted child cannot be in the line of succession or have a HRH Prince/Princess title. Would the surname be Windsor or Mountbatten-Windsor?

Princess Robijn 05-22-2007 10:58 AM

I believe Mountbatten-Windsor

CasiraghiTrio 05-22-2007 11:03 AM

Do you think it is marginally possible? It would be so lovely. Maybe the child could have some kind of courtesy title like Lord/Lady?

HRH Kerry 05-22-2007 11:15 AM

I just can't see it. I can't see them taking on a young child. Why would they take on that responsibility this late in life? Only to have the staff raise the kid? Or for the sake of hearing a child say mummy and daddy? If they were decades younger, yes. I say wait it out until they hear the words granny and gramps.

CasiraghiTrio 05-22-2007 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerry
I just can't see it. I can't see them taking on a young child. Why would they take on that responsibility this late in life? Only to have the staff raise the kid? Or for the sake of hearing a child say mummy and daddy? If they were decades younger, yes. I say wait it out until they hear the words granny and gramps.

Yes, when you put it like that, I agree. I think Tom's wife is pregnant, isn't she? Now we just need one of the Prince's boys to get hitched and have a little one. I wait with eagerness. It will be so fun to see them as grandparents.:flowers:

HRH Kerry 05-22-2007 11:41 AM

CasiraghiTrio, I agree about them being grandparents. I like Camilla so much and can't wait to see pics of her with her grandchildren. Doesn't matter to me if they're through her biological or step children.

crm2317 05-22-2007 12:01 PM

I think they are past the stage of having more children. They have so many duties and can spend the next years of marriage enjoying each other's company than reverting back to parenthood

CasiraghiTrio 05-24-2007 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerry
CasiraghiTrio, I agree about them being grandparents. I like Camilla so much and can't wait to see pics of her with her grandchildren. Doesn't matter to me if they're through her biological or step children.

Very true. It will be so thrilling to see young ones in the family again. I think that Camilla's children will be having some babies very soon, and maybe in five years time or so they will have more grandchildren from the Prince's side.

msleiman 05-24-2007 10:00 AM

I can not see Camilla having any more children. The days of having children are over, it is time to enjoy Grandchildren! Prince William and Prince Harry when they have children will only know Camilla as a grandmother. I think that Charles and Camilla are looking forward to the grandparent time and visits!!!

CasiraghiTrio 05-24-2007 01:26 PM

My bet is on Tom and Sara being the first to give them grandbabies! What do you guys think? Anyone have the opinion Laura will beat Tom in the "grandbaby" race? :lol: Surely Tom and Laura will beat their stepbrothers. I have a feeling we won't have tiny ones from the Wales side until five to ten years.

hornsen 05-24-2007 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
My bet is on Tom and Sara being the first to give them grandbabies! What do you guys think? Anyone have the opinion Laura will beat Tom in the "grandbaby" race? :lol: Surely Tom and Laura will beat their stepbrothers. I have a feeling we won't have tiny ones from the Wales side until five to ten years.

Sara is pregnant. The child will be born in autumn I think. Camilla is said to be "over the moon".:flowers:

Empress 05-24-2007 02:22 PM

Well, since she has had a hysterectomy, another child is completely out of the question unless they adopt. Which would not happen.

BeatrixFan 05-24-2007 05:14 PM

Quote:

Well, since she has had a hysterectomy, another child is completely out of the question unless they adopt.
In the words of Reg, "Where's the foetus gonna gestate? Is she gonna keep it in a box?".

sirhon11234 05-24-2007 05:21 PM

I don't think Charles or Camilla would like to have a child together since they both spent years raising their own children. I believe Camilla and her ex-husband Andrew are delighted to become grandparents.

Skydragon 05-24-2007 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirhon11234
I don't think Charles or Camilla would like to have a child together since they both spent years raising their own children. I believe Camilla and her ex-husband Andrew are delighted to become grandparents.

Camilla and Charles said how happy they are with the news that Sara is expecting. Charles will be a step grandpapa!

CasiraghiTrio 05-24-2007 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hornsen
Sara is pregnant. The child will be born in autumn I think. Camilla is said to be "over the moon".:flowers:

Yes! I knew I heard that somewhere! I couldn't remember the source or when, so I didn't want to say it without having the stuff to back it up. That's awesome.

Lakshmi 05-24-2007 10:47 PM

Is that confirmed that Tom Parker-Bowles and Sara would have a baby?That's news.:smile:

kaffir 05-24-2007 11:18 PM

sirhon, I think they WOULD love to have a child together--one of their own, a fruition of love that has lasted what, 5 decades? And they could definitely rent a womb to do it if she has any eggs left.

sirhon11234 05-24-2007 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaffir
sirhon, I think they WOULD love to have a child together--one of their own, a fruition of love that has lasted what, 5 decades? And they could definitely rent a womb to do it if she has any eggs left.

A fruition of love, isn't that kinda exagerating it. I would think Carles and Camilla would want to spend as much as their time together, rather than changing the diapers of a baby.

Sister Morphine 05-25-2007 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaffir
sirhon, I think they WOULD love to have a child together--one of their own, a fruition of love that has lasted what, 5 decades? And they could definitely rent a womb to do it if she has any eggs left.


At their ages, it's highly unlikely they would want to have another child anyway. They are at the stage of their lives where it's about them and what they have together, not getting up every 30 minutes at the age of 59 to feed an infant or change its diaper. It's cruel to the child IMO, to have parents that advanced in age.

HRH Kerry 05-25-2007 04:45 AM

A child of their own, no. They are to be grandparents soon. Can anybody see them babysitting a newborn or an infant overnight?!:unsure:

wymanda 05-25-2007 07:01 AM

Seeing that Camilla has just had a hysterectomy this thread really is in the realm of fairy stories!

Skydragon 05-25-2007 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
At their ages, it's highly unlikely they would want to have another child anyway. They are at the stage of their lives where it's about them and what they have together, not getting up every 30 minutes at the age of 59 to feed an infant or change its diaper. It's cruel to the child IMO, to have parents that advanced in age.

The best thing about being a grandparent, is that you can admire and then hand them back! :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerry
Can anybody see them babysitting a newborn or an infant overnight

The nanny would do that anyway!

HRH Kerry 05-25-2007 12:59 PM

I know that they have people to do that for them. But can you imagine them really getting to know their grandchild? I mean changing diapers, feeding, and burping!

Skydragon 05-25-2007 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerry
But can you imagine them really getting to know their grandchild? I mean changing diapers, feeding, and burping!

Camilla a resounding yes, Charles probably not! :flowers:

HRH Kerry 05-25-2007 01:53 PM

How did I know you would say that, Skydragon?!:lol: I think Prince Charles would be lost changing a diaper. JMO.

Skydragon 05-25-2007 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerry
How did I know you would say that, Skydragon?!:lol: I think Prince Charles would be lost changing a diaper. JMO.

Your all powerful crystal ball :future: or am I predictable! :whistling:

Even I have changed a nappy (diaper), but who on earth would want too! :rofl:

AuroraB 05-25-2007 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon
Your all powerful crystal ball :future: or am I predictable! :whistling:

Even I have changed a nappy (diaper), but who on earth would want too! :rofl:

Skydragon,
You just made my day! :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :rofl:

CasiraghiTrio 05-25-2007 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerry
How did I know you would say that, Skydragon?!:lol: I think Prince Charles would be lost changing a diaper. JMO.

I Think Prince Charles admitted as much when Prince William was born. If I remember, he said something to the effect of he was hopeless changing the diapers, although he loved giving Wills a bath! :lol:

Vanesa 05-26-2007 12:16 AM

I think that every thing has it time in life, and they will enjoy their grandchildren rather than their children. I wish they could have their opportunity before (I mean that it would be nice to see Prince Charles and her wife married when they wanted to, at their youth), but sadly, they hadn't...:neutral: Life is not always nice...

Vanesa.

HRH Kimetha 05-26-2007 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanesa
I think that every thing has it time in life, and they will enjoy their grandchildren rather than their children. I wish they could have their opportunity before (I mean that it would be nice to see Prince Charles and her wife married when they wanted to, at their youth), but sadly, they hadn't...:neutral: Life is not always nice...

Vanesa.

Then William and Harry would have much different looks. Especially William who tends to look like Diana and our ever so cuddly Prince Harry who looks more like his father everyday (with a touch of Di thrown in) :ermm:

HRH Kerry 05-26-2007 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
I Think Prince Charles admitted as much when Prince William was born. If I remember, he said something to the effect of he was hopeless changing the diapers, although he loved giving Wills a bath! :lol:

That's so sweet! I agree with the masses that Charles and Camilla would rather enjoy their grandchildren than to start "parenting" all over again.

HRH Kimetha 05-26-2007 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerry
That's so sweet! I agree with the masses that Charles and Camilla would rather enjoy their grandchildren than to start "parenting" all over again.

Even my mother has said she wouldn't want to babysit her grandchildren, but to be the grandmother instead.

The royal children sure do get that enjoyment without feeling that they have overstepped the bounds with their grandparents. The nanny gets that honour in having as the royal 'nappie' changer and disciplinarian. I remember seeing William's Ms. Barnes correcting William when he was a toddler with him crying his eyes out.

sirhon11234 05-26-2007 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerry
That's so sweet! I agree with the masses that Charles and Camilla would rather enjoy their grandchildren than to start "parenting" all over again.

I agree Charles will grow very fond of Camilla's grandchildren and likewise for Camilla. I also hope that Andrew Parker Bowels is delighted of the fact that he is going to be a grandfather.

Nichola 05-27-2007 10:51 AM

Well, since Camilla has had a hystorectomy (I hope I've spelt that right) I guess more kids are out of the question. I doubt they married with the intention of having a family of their own anyway with both having adult children.

I can imagine Camilla being a down-to-earth Grandma.:wub:

CasiraghiTrio 05-27-2007 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nichola
Well, since Camilla has had a hystorectomy

Unless she wanted to make the ultimate contribution to science and donate some preserved eggs, and Charles donate some sperm, and make a test tube baby, which might be kinda cool: The first Royal Test Tube baby! :lol:

Nichola 05-27-2007 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Unless she wanted to make the ultimate contribution to science and donate some preserved eggs, and Charles donate some sperm, and make a test tube baby, which might be kinda cool: The first Royal Test Tube baby! :lol:

Erm...I doubt it, ha ha.:rofl:

CasiraghiTrio 05-28-2007 08:51 PM

I guess my test tube theory sounds a bit like an Alias episode, haha.... ;)

acdc1 05-28-2007 09:22 PM

I don't think they'll adopt. I think they will just enjoy being Grandpa Charles and Grandmother Camilla from now on! (Imagine Charles being called grandpa!:rofl: I guess he seems more of a Grandfather!)

CasiraghiTrio 05-29-2007 07:11 PM

I guess this thread is pointless until we get our first Wales grandchild, Little Master or Miss Parker Bowles! ;)
I hope for a girl. A family can never have enough girls! Girls rule! :biggrin:
Since Charles never had a daughter, he needs a granddaughter, even step-granddaughter will do.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises