The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f240/)
-   -   King Abdullah and Queen Rania Current Events 1: September 2003- (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f240/king-abdullah-and-queen-rania-current-events-1-september-2003-a-1021.html)

Alexandria 05-05-2003 03:36 AM

King Abdullah and Queen Rania Current Events 1: September 2003-

Post all the latest news and pictures of King Abdullah and Queen Rania and their family here.

nicole 09-18-2003 06:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
WASHINGTON - SEPTEMBER 17: Queen Rania (L) of Jordan looks at U.S. Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY) to speaks during a news conference to introduce the Calling for 2-1-1 Act of 2003 on Capitol Hill September 17, 2003 in Washington, DC. 2-1-1 is a telephone number that connects callers with important community services and volunteer opportunities, such as unemployment assistance or emergency planning information. (Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images)

I WONDER WHAT THEY'RE SAYING TO EACH OTHER!!! I'M SURE IT'S REALLY INTERESTING!!!!

Jordanian 10-18-2003 04:24 AM

Queen Rania is by far the most beautiful queens to ever take the throne in Jordan. I personally admire her, she's really trying to do a lot of good for Jordan, just as HRM King Abdullah II, whom I also admire. Their strives for Peace and Justice, and not to mention womens rights (which is FANTASTIC) in Jordan.

Honestly, I'm a young Jordanian American, and I've never been more proud. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they get Jordan back on its feet, which I know they will.

mahawi 10-18-2003 11:29 AM

queen rania have studied in Kuwait and eygpt and her arabic is very good , and u can see that in her arabic speeches,king abdullah is the one with the poor arabic because of his british mother and because he studied in britain and the usa all of his life.

salma 11-05-2003 02:17 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Tuestay- KARAK — It was a disturbing sight for visitors who made their way into Um Bader's shabby tent, barren of the most basic comforts and swarming with flies.

Without a stable source of income, Um Bader is never sure of being able to feed her five children. But like many hapless families in the impoverished village of Ghweibeh, Um Bader found a compassionate hand yesterday with the visit by Her Majesty Queen Rania.

“The situation is unbearable. My husband is unemployed and we can't afford to make ends meet. Food is hard to come by and we're barely scraping through during Ramadan,” the distraught Um Bader told Queen Rania.

“Sometimes I can't even find milk for my five-month old baby Mohammad,” she said, pointing to the child who lay covered in a ragged blanket drinking milk from a soda bottle and surrounded by flies.

Queen Rania listened attentively to Um Bader's troubles yesterday, and asked the officials accompanying her to swiftly address the immediate needs of Ghweibeh's impoverished community.

Her visit to the Jordan Valley yesterday comes in line with a series of field visits the Queen started throughout the Kingdom's governorates during the Holy Month of Ramadan, complemented by a simultaneous drive of distribution of iftar meals, as well as in-kind assistance to needy families.

Her visit on Tuesday also aimed to follow up on the provision of such services and making certain that they had indeed reached citizens.

In this small rural community, poverty affects most of its 1,500 residents.

Queen Rania had visited the destitute village in December 2000, when she stopped in on Ghweibeh Elementary School — the only one in the locality.

Back then, the school, which counted around 28 students, had no windows or doors. The school was later moved to the nearby health centre, not in use at the time.

Yesterday, Queen Rania returned to the school, where now 100 students are enrolled, and toured the classrooms and inspected facilities. She talked with both students and teachers who also had their share of complaints.

For most teachers, who live in different parts of the Jordan Valley, transportation to and from work poses a constant problem, according to the school's headmaster Adnan Thleimat.

In addition, he said, many of the students are unable to secure the annual school fees of JD3.25.

“Some of the poorest students are exempted from paying the fees, while others are able to pay through charity provided to them by goodwill,” said Thleimat.

Acknowledging the headmaster's concerns, the Queen stressed the importance of providing students with an environment conducive to learning.

She also asked officials to provide new computers to replace the four old machines in the facility.

During her tour, Queen Rania also checked progress on construction of a new three-storey boys' school in the community.

She also visited the newly built mosque whose construction she had funded and joined citizens in prayer.

The Queen later met with community residents and instructed the concerned authorities to facilitate their use of fallow land for cultivation to improve farmers' living conditions.

The late King Hussein had granted the rural community, mostly from the Azazmeh tribe, 30,000 dunums of agricultural land to assist in their socio-economic development and an additional 2,100 dunums on which to build new homes.

The Queen asked that new housing units be provided to needy families in coordination with the Ministry of Planning.

While land is available, inhabitants of this community told the Queen their hardships were far from over as both drinking and irrigation water was scarce.

Residents told the Queen they had to travel to neighbouring villages, the closest of them at least 12 kilometres away, to obtain water.

Her visit included a stop at the village's health centre where she inspected services provided to the citizens and instructed that a full-time medical team be present at the facility to ensure that every patient receives prompt medical attention.

According to Awwad Khleifat, a non-resident doctor at the health centre, the number of patients does not exceed 10 a week.

“For a start, we have a shortage of staff. I receive around five patients twice a week but that doesn't reflect the number of people who need health services,” said Khleifat.

The doctor pointed out that poor residents could not afford medical treatment at the health centre and hence resort to other centres where services are free.

The visit to Ghweibeh is part of continuous efforts which Queen Rania has embarked on through a comprehensive approach reaching out to citizens and addressing their every need through inspection field visits that aim to improve living conditions of all Jordanians.

During recent visits, Queen Rania checked on educational and medical facilities in Sweimeh and Wadi Al Rayyan in the Jordan Valley, Bani Kinanah district in Irbid, Juweideh and Khreibet Al Souq on the outskirts of Amman, as well as Zarqa.

Pictures of the visit:
GHWEIBEH, JORDAN - NOVEMBER 5: In this handout photo provided by the Jordan Royal Palace, Jordan's Queen Rania greets citizens praying at a newly built mosque November 5, 2003 in the Jordan Valley town of Ghweibeh. Queen Rania visited the town of Ghweibeh to assist in distributing 'iftar,' the Ramadan dinner meal, to those in need. (Photo by Naser Ayoub/Jordan Royal Palace via Getty Images)

Bubbette 11-05-2003 10:30 AM

Thanks for posting. I wonder if Jordan is using some of the billions in US aid it gets for this type of development, or is it all military aid?

salma 11-07-2003 03:08 AM

From Petra:
King, Queen Depart for the UK

Amman, Nov. 6 (Petra)--Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen
Rania Al Abdullah, left Amman for the United Kingdom on a three-day
private visit.
His Royal Highness Prince Faisal Ben Al Hussein was sworn in as
Regent during His Majesty's absence abroad.

Humera 11-13-2003 11:51 PM

an interesting little piece of news i got from Yahoo.

Quote:

Jordan's Queen Rania handed over more than half-a-million dollars in aid to the International Medical Corps (IMC) to help treat Iraqi children suffering from cancer, her office said in a statement.(AFP/File/Leila Gorchev)

Alexandria 11-17-2003 06:46 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Polfoto 17-11-2003 - Amman-Jordan, November 17, 2003. Queen Rania of Jordan inaugurates Microsoft Electronic Library at the Haya Cultural Center in Marka. The Library, equiped with 19 computers and access to the internet, is expected to receive up to 30,000 Jordanians in the next two years. It is part of Microsoft marketing and partnership strategy in the Middle East.

Alexandria 11-18-2003 07:21 PM

7 Attachment(s)
1. Polfoto 18-11-2003 - MOSCOW, RUSSIA. NOVEMBER 18. King Abdullah II of Jordan (background C) arrives at Moscow's Vnukovo-2 airport on Tuesday. He visits Russia to discuss the Mideast situation and bilateral contacts.

2. Polfoto 19-11-2003 - MOSCOW, RUSSIA - President of Russia Vladimir Putin and King of Jordan Abdallah II during their meeting today. The King of Jordan is on a two-day working visit in Moscow.

3. Polfoto 19-11-2003 - MOSCOW, RUSSIA - President of Russia Vladimir Putin and King of Jordan Abdallah II during their meeting today. The King of Jordan is on a two-day working visit in Moscow.

4-7.www.ibl.se - 11/19/2003. King Abdullah II of Jordan meets Russian president Vladimir Putin in Moscow's Kremlin.

Alexandria 11-25-2003 12:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)
www.hellomagazine.com

Queen Rania Champions Children's Causes in Jordan

25 NOVEMBER 2003
Queen Rania of Jordan has been busy this week, making the royal rounds in Jordan as she champions a number of children's causes.

The queen and her husband King Abdullah II made a surprise visit to an Amman orphanage this weekend, greeting youngsters and discussing possible improvements to the centre with staff. And on Monday, Queen Rania toured the Dar Al Aman child safety centre's new headquarters.

The royal engagements came just a few days after Rania, accompanied by two dozen children, stopped by the Central Bank of Jordan to launch the Al-Aman Orphans Trust Fund Project, an initiative that aims at securing a better future for orphans in social institutions.

Earlier this month, Queen Rania handed over more than $500,000 – including $250,000 worth of medical supplies – to the humanitarian organisation International Medical Corps. The money, which was raised at a gala dinner by the STARS Foundation, will go towards helping treat Iraqi children suffering from cancer.

www.hellomagazine.com

micas 11-25-2003 01:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
In this pics she don't have very formal clothes neder very unfulmel is the midle.......... :lol: :lol:

The Watcher 11-27-2003 04:15 PM

Queen Rania is larger than her husband the King. :shock:
But how large is King Abdullah exactly? ....Maybe large is not the right word... :unsure:

Dennism 12-04-2003 03:00 PM

Queen Rania of Jordan listens to the speech of ICRC President Jakob Kellenberger during the opening of the exhibition 'Women and War' at the 28th International Conference of the Red Cross and the Red Crescent at the International Conference Center in Geneve, December 3, 2003. Yahoo.

https://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com...4237809385.jpg

Dennism 12-04-2003 03:03 PM

Yahoo:

https://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com...cent_ge113.jpg

Dennism 12-04-2003 03:05 PM

Jordan's Queen Rania handed over more than half-a-million dollars in aid to the International Medical Corps (IMC) to help treat Iraqi children suffering from cancer, her office said in a statement.(AFP) November 12, 2003

https://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com...lt-259x389.jpg

Alexandria 12-04-2003 08:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
From the Glittering Royals Message board, Queen Rania in Geneva.

Alexandria 12-08-2003 09:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Polfoto 08-12-2003 New York City's Mayor Michael Bloomberg and King Abdullah of Jordan (right) pause during their Dec. 8, 2003 tour of 1 Police Plaza at the memorial to fallen NYC Police officers.

Humera 12-09-2003 07:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Queen Rania. Dec 9, 2003

another

karolinabraganza 12-11-2003 10:30 AM

Amman-Jordan, December 10, 2003. Queen Rania Al Abdallah visits Al-Kamalia High School For Girls to celebrate the anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1950). The Queen discussed with the students the meanings of the Human Rights.

https://www.polfoto.dk/Polfoto/Photo/...4553_guest.jpghttps://www.polfoto.dk/Polfoto/Photo/...4554_guest.jpghttps://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8873/...ervlet1.th.jpg https://img121.imageshack.us/img121/8...timage1.th.jpg https://img29.imageshack.us/img29/793...timage2.th.jpg https://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2...utimage.th.jpg

is there a pregnancy in the air??

Bubbette 12-11-2003 11:10 AM

wow, yeah, her stomach does look a little poochy, but it could also just be how she's sitting.

madonna23 12-12-2003 07:20 PM

it has to do more with her shirt...its stretchy so it fits really tightly...

i wonder how the people (especially the "village people") feel about her when she shows up in that sort of clothing considering all the other people are dressed pretty modestly...

you know, while there is not any specific injunction in the Quran calling for headcovering, there is a commandment of modesty...i wish she toned it down a bit...but to each his/her own...

mari0915 12-13-2003 05:17 PM

She is by far my favorite royal. She is beautiful, elegant and stylish. She and KA seem so in love and I love the fact the he respects her and seems to treat her like an equal. I think she is a shining example of a modern arab woman.

zhontella 12-13-2003 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mari0915@Dec 13th, 2003 - 2:17 pm
She is beautiful, elegant and stylish. She and KA seem so in love and I love the fact the he respects her and seems to treat her like an equal. I think she is a shining example of a modern arab woman.
I agree completely. Maybe KH recognized her potential value as queen when he picked his son KA to be the next king.

I also can't understand how some would say they can tell from pictures how much she spends on jewelry. That's nonsense. I don't know of a single jewelry appraiser who would attempt to do his job through pictures alone.

Banadoora 12-15-2003 04:11 AM

Quote:

I agree completely. Maybe KH recognized her potential value as queen when he picked his son KA to be the next king.

I also can't understand how some would say they can tell from pictures how much she spends on jewelry. That's nonsense. I don't know of a single jewelry appraiser who would attempt to do his job through pictures alone.
Indeed! I think that she really makes a good example to all of us Arab women, in the Middle East and abroad. :flower:

About the jewelry. I'm sure that she receives a lot of jewelery as gifts from other royals and such. I read somewhere that the Saudis gave Queen Noor some jewelry for certain occasions. I'm sure that they've done the same for Queen Rania and that they aren't the only ones who choose jewelry to give her as gifts. So it would be very hard to tell how much she spends on jewelry.

Alexandria 12-24-2003 06:00 PM

I think if you love somebody, looks don't matter at all. And who is to say what looks 'match' and what looks 'clash'? And I personally don't find Abdullah to be all that unattractive. And from interviews I've seen him in and read stories about him, he seems to have a very fair and pleasant disposition, qualities which I think most people would find attractive beyond a superficial context.

And when Abdullah and Rania were married, he was not supposed to succeed his father as King. It was a 'last minute' change by the late King Hussein to make his son rather than his brother the King.

justine 12-24-2003 07:15 PM

I doubt she went Prince/King chasing. She seems to have had a decent education/career before marrying.
HM King Abdullah may not be the most handsome man in that family, but he has kind eyes and a very nice smile and he is an attractive man.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Laura Lovec 12-28-2003 11:03 AM

Please look at the pics of King Abdullah ten years ago(1993-..) does he look bad on the pics ? NO , in ten years he has changed,he is bigger now,but not ugly ! .I can understand that Rania fell in love with him :)

Banadoora 01-06-2004 07:40 PM

Some New pictures of King Abdullah and Queen Rania from Petra.

Petra 1

Petra 2

Petra 3

Petra 4

karolinabraganza 01-07-2004 12:52 PM

Hello magazine: queen rania in bam, iran talking to earth quake victims. dressed to islamic standards. her plane was accompanied by a military plane full with food.
https://www.hello-magazine.com/royalt...ania-dop3a.jpg
https://www.hello-magazine.com/royalt...ania-dop1a.jpg
https://www.hello-magazine.com/royalt...ania-dop2a.jpg

Dennism 01-08-2004 10:25 AM

"AFP) - Jordan's Queen Rania arrived in quake-struck Bam, delivering another consignment of relief aid and urging a long-term international commitment to this devastated city in southeast Iran.
"We try to help our brothers in Iran as much as we can," the queen told reporters as she toured a Jordanian army field hospital in Bam, struck by a massive quake on December 26 that killed up to 35,000 people.

"This human crisis does not recognise politics or boundaries. There has been great devastation, and when I talk to people I hear of how they have lost a great number of their relatives."
Dressed in a long, light beige coat and wearing a pale-blue shawl over her head, in keeping with the rules of the Islamic republic, the queen spent time speaking to quake survivors who have been treated by the Jordanian team here.

Mohammad Trawaneh, a colonel and doctor in Jordan's armed forces, said his team has so far treated 4,000 survivors. But the queen said donors needed to keep up the momentum of what has been a massive international relief effort.
"There should be a long-term presence to rebuild the lives and homes of these people," she said. "Inshallah (God willing), there should be a long-term presence of NGOs".

The queen was also lined up to see the remains of the ancient citadel of Bam -- considered one of the architectural jewels of world heritage -- that was wrecked in the quake, which measured a massive 6.7 on the Richter scale.
A C-130 Jordanian armed forces plane accompanied the queen's flight to Bam, transporting 20 tonnes of relief aid including medical supplies, tents, blankets and heaters for the tens of thousands of people left homeless.

The consignment was the fifth to be sent from Jordan.

Scheduled to head home Wednesday was a rescue team from the Jordanian civil defence service. Team leader Major Monzer Mohammad said his crew had only managed to recover eight dead bodies.

According to latest figures from the United Nations, around 30,000 people were killed and a further 30,000 injured in the quake.

With some 85 percent of buildings destroyed, 45,000 people have been left homeless, a figure expected to rise to 75,000 when affected people return from stays with family outside Bam or from medical treatment in other towns.

On Thursday, the United Nations is scheduled to launch a multi-million-dollar flash appeal to help fund reconstruction and relief efforts in Bam.

The UN's Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs said donor countries had already pledged 74.8 million dollars (59 million euros) in cash and kind, but has not yet specified how much would be sought in the new appeal.

Iran remained on high alert for more quakes Wednesday, with authorities in the southwestern province of Khuzestan deciding to shut schools until further notice after a series of 14 tremors shook the area in the space of just 24 hours.

An education official in the oil and gas centre of Masjed Soleiman, Behrouz Farhadian, told the state news agency IRNA that the measure was taken "to ease the worries of local families".

According to the Geophysics Institute at Tehran University, a series of 14 quakes measuring between 2.7 and 4.9 on the Richter scale hit the area of Masjed Soleiman and the nearby town of Izeh -- 450 kilometres (280 miles) southwest of Tehran in Khuzestan province -- on Tuesday.

The institute said that another quake measuring 4.6 on the Richter scale -- enough to make homes wobble -- jolted the area early Wednesday at 7:48 am (0418 GMT).

A number of villages reportedly suffered damage on Tuesday, but there have been no immediate reports of casualties."

Balqis 01-09-2004 01:08 PM

Queen Rania visits victims of the Bam earthquake in Iran

5 Attachment(s)
From Getty:

Alexandria 01-09-2004 04:58 PM

9 Attachment(s)
  1. IBL - 7 January 2004 - Queen Rania with Iranian Presidential Advisor Shayesteh Amiri and Prince Rashed bin Al Hassan, president of the Jordan Hashemite Charity Organization, touring the devastated city of Bam. Jordan was among the first group of countries that rushed to aid the quake stricken area.
  2. IBL - 7 January 2004 - Queen Rania at the Federation of the Red Cross and Crescent Hospitals, touring the devastated city of Bam. Jordan was among the first group of countries that rushed to aid the quake stricken area.
  3. IBL - 7 January 2004 - Queen Rania at the Federation of the Red Cross and Crescent Hospitals, touring the devastated city of Bam. Jordan was among the first group of countries that rushed to aid the quake stricken area.
  4. IBL - 7 January 2004 - Queen Rania at the Federation of the Red Cross and Crescent Hospitals, touring the devastated city of Bam. Jordan was among the first group of countries that rushed to aid the quake stricken area.
  5. IBL - 7 January 2004 - Queen Rania talking to survivors at the Jordanian Field Hospital after the earthquake in Bam, Iran.
  6. IBL - 7 January 2004 - Queen Rania talking to survivors at the Jordanian Field Hospital after the earthquake in Bam, Iran
  7. IBL - 7 January 2004 - Iranian Presidential Advisor Shayesteh Amiri thanking Jordanian efforts as she sees off Queen Rania at Bam airport.
  8. IBL - 7 January 2004 - Queen Rania visiting the city of Bam in Iran after the earthquake.
  9. IBL - 7 January 2004 - Queen Rania visiting the city of Bam in Iran after the earthquake.

Dennism 01-12-2004 12:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Queen Rania visiting the city of Bam in Iran after the earthquake.

srbjakoska 01-15-2004 07:32 PM

January 15, 2004 - Arbour day
new photos of the King and Queen from Petra
https://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2...utimage.th.jpg https://img121.imageshack.us/img121/1016/cagpyrr0.th.jpg

liliawodna 01-16-2004 02:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Most attractive women of 2003

8th – Queen Rania of Jordan (2.8%)

King Abdullah's elegant wife continues to work tirelessly for children's welfare, both at home in Jordan and internationally

I love this picture :flower:

Humble 01-17-2004 12:00 AM

American Station VH1 in its program: Wealthiest people in 2003 talked about a hotel where a night there costs $ 30000 & added that Queen Rania was in that hotel...So imagine $30000/night....don't know how much she stayed...

Alexandria 01-17-2004 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Humble@Jan 17th, 2004 - 12:00 am
American Station VH1 in its program: Wealthiest people in 2003 talked about a hotel where a night there costs $ 30000 & added that Queen Rania was in that hotel...So imagine $30000/night....don't know how much she stayed...
What would you get for $30,000 a night?! :blink: The room service must be super fresh and the pillows extra fluffy!

srbjakoska 01-17-2004 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Humble@Jan 17th, 2004 - 12:00 am
that is a bit of a ridiculous price for one night, i wonder what hotel it is ...

Dennism 01-18-2004 08:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rania Says Development Demands Citizens’ Informed Engagement

Maha Akeel, Arab News

JEDDAH, 19 January 2004 — Jordan’s Queen Rania yesterday highlighted the private sector’s social responsibility in promoting growth and prosperity.

She was speaking on the link between a conscientious private sector and prosperity on Day 2 of the Jeddah Economic Forum.

In her afternoon keynote address, Queen Rania pointed out that at the beginning of this century, much of the region was struggling with outdated notions which have become barriers to growth.

She also looked at how Jordan has been able to become one of the Arab world’s success stories despite having so few natural resources. Its only real resources are its people.

“All of our governments have work to do in becoming more open and transparent. We must develop the means for receiving and acting on popular concerns and suggestions,” she said. Her focus was on what people can do; she fears that instead of creating a culture of participation, a culture of expectation has been created.

Queen Rania said if nations wanted to thrive in a knowledge-based economy, they must begin with the premise that the best way to acquire knowledge is to share it openly. “Our fellow citizens are the shareholders of the future we hope to build and we need their informed engagement, constructive criticism and strong support.”

Though she believes that privatization is the way to develop an economy, she accepted that despite its benefits, the Jordanian public is still suspicious. The reason, she said, was that the private sector had not done enough to convince the public of the advantages of privatization. But likewise, “skepticism of government intentions is a worldwide phenomenon,” she said.

Queen Rania went on to say that that was why the private sector should not depend on the government to raise public awareness and inform the public. “It’s only with the organized support of independent civic groups that governments can get enough public support to make difficult reforms a genuine reality.”

She said people naturally trusted NGOs more than governments. “That is why I urge you to measure your business strength and success not only by your profit margin but also by your power of persuasion. Channel that power not only upward but throughout society. In practical terms, this means three things: Organization, organization, organization.”

The queen emphasized that governments in the region must find a way to reach out to the public, to listen to its concerns, to answer its questions and to empower it with the information needed to see problems and solutions more clearly.

“Our region can reach beyond the limits of what is to what could be. Your power of persuasion can help light the path to a brighter future for us all,” the queen added.

Dennism 01-19-2004 12:30 PM

Jeddah Economic Forum, January 18, 2004

8 Attachment(s)
1-6. Jeddah Economic Forum, January 18, 2004

7. Queen Rania of Jordan posing for a picture with Jordanian women living in Saudi Arabia.

8. Queen Rania of Jordan speaking with Jordanian women living in Saudi Arabia January 18, 2004 in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

alia_musallam 01-19-2004 01:15 PM

Why didn't QRania take her hijaab off as well i wonder?

Bubbette 01-19-2004 01:34 PM

This is interesting. Was the reason the women did not have to be covered because they were inside the Jordanian embassy, or just because they were not on the street? And do women normally speak in SA in front of groups of men as Q Rania did?

Dennism 01-19-2004 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bubbette@Jan 19th, 2004 - 1:34 pm
This is interesting. Was the reason the women did not have to be covered because they were inside the Jordanian embassy, or just because they were not on the street? And do women normally speak in SA in front of groups of men as Q Rania did?
Inside the embassy. Perhaps. Same reasoning behind why Victoria was covered. Swedish Embassy. Also as a foreign, non-Muslim woman she's not expected per se. Just be mindful. Don't go overboard as it were. Not only did Rania spoke but others did as well. I think it would depend on the men and the situation. I mean I don't know if women would be allowed to speak at a conference for imans. Probably not.

alia_musallam 01-19-2004 02:04 PM

It's because they were inside that they didn't have to be covered, it's only in public places taht you have to be covered and if you are foreign it doesn't really apply, you just have to wear modest clothing. Though of course if you are a visiting royal then it is gracious to do as they do, but why inside the embassy when its jordanian territory? And all the other women aren't (ecept the one who really is, i mean she wears it all the time) so it is a bit odd. Plus its a funny looking hijab, it seems to have a button to hold it together, hy doesn't she just drape it or use pins like evryone else at least that way it would cover her neck aswell (like hijabs are meant to)!!

madonna23 01-19-2004 02:36 PM

it is an odd-looking hijab...reminds me of one of the characters in lord of the rings...one of elves... :P

i think she looked better with a regular hijab or at least a scarf like the one she wore to iran

justine 01-19-2004 04:07 PM

I think it is a long rectangular scarf that she has pinned under her chin and the ends are then flowing back over her shoulders........possibly.
In the last 2 pictures the scarf is arranged at her neck differently.

I don't understand why she just doesn't wear it as other women also Alia.

Dennism 01-19-2004 04:25 PM

Yeah, I thought it was neat the way it was near the neck. I hadn't noticed one like that before.

amina1 01-19-2004 05:26 PM

I saw pictures of queen rania in Mecca in petra, she is doing the holy pilgremage and she was covered from head to toe, she looked nice**

Dennism 01-19-2004 06:30 PM

This was in a caption about Crown Princess Victoria:

Despite the leading role granted to women at the forum, they were segregated from men in the conference hall behind dividing screens according to the traditions of the Saudi kingdom, and the women participating in the gathering attended their own gala dinner separate from the men.

srbjakoska 01-19-2004 08:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Queen rania: Monday 19th January

Blueice 01-19-2004 10:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
MECCA, SAUDI ARABIA: Queen Rania al-Abdullah of Jordan performs the Umrah (lesser pilgrimage) in Mecca 19 January 2004. The Queen returned to Amman after taking part in the Jeddah Economic Forum that included for the first sessions dedicated to women.

Bubbette 01-20-2004 10:29 AM

She looks great even with no makeup!

alia_musallam 01-20-2004 10:39 AM

I love the boygurads in their suits, boy do they stick out!

micas 01-20-2004 01:51 PM

Why she is without makeup? Well,gourges in the same why :lol: :lol: :lol:

madonna23 01-20-2004 01:59 PM

well, this is Umrah you know so i don't think that she should be focused on make-up...i like the fact that she put her focus on what's at hand and not on her image.

micas 01-20-2004 02:07 PM

I'm sorry but i have to confess that i am not very good in this matter.
Some1 can tell me what is the Umrah or tell me a place when have good informaition.? :lol: :lol: :lol:

madonna23 01-20-2004 02:14 PM

well umrah is basically like hajj - the holy pilgramage to Mecca in saudi arabia. the difference between umrah and hajj is that umrah can be performed at anytime during the year while hajj is performed at a specific time (i think it will be performed around the end of january this year)...

i don't know a good website but this one's okay...you can find some links on hajj

https://www.musalman.com/hajj/

but basically, you have to do several rituals like circle the Ka'aba, run between Safwa and Marwa, drink Zam Zam water, etc.

it's really nice to do it - for muslims anyway - and it has great spirital merit in Islam. so it's nice that rania upheld that and focused on what was on hand rather than her image.

Humera 01-20-2004 05:37 PM

I love all the Umrah pictures!
Rania looks the prettiest when she's modest

barbara_41172 01-28-2004 05:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
January 28 from Petra:

King Lays the Foundation stone of Queen Rania Center for the Physically Challenged Military Personnel

Amman, Jan. 28(Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II laid, in the presence of Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah, the foundation stone of Queen Rania Al Abdullah Center for the Physically Challenged Military Personnel, At Al Jandaweel District in Amman. The center, which will be one of the facilities run by the Hashemite Charity Organization, was initiated, an will be funded through a donation by His Majesty the King.
The King made the donation to establish the center to provide services to the injured people in recognition of their efforts to protect the homeland. His Majesty was briefed by HRH Prince Mer'd bin Raad, the president of the organization, on the center's facilities and services, noting that the center will serve more than 1275 persons. The ceremony was attended by President of the Senate, His Royal Highness Prince Raad Bin Zeid and a number of civil and military officials.
The Hashemite Charity Organization which was established in 1997, is the first of its kind in the Arab world. It is a non-governmental organization that depends on donations to continue providing services to the physically challenged military personnel from the Armed Forces, the Public Security, Civil Defense, the and the General Intelligence. The center which will be build on an area of six dunums, will encompass vocational training facility designed to pre-qualify physically challenged people in various professions. It will include administrative sections, a library, a computer lab. stores, playground, bedrooms, a pool for physical therapy and car parks.

January 28 from Petra:

mya 01-29-2004 01:41 AM

What does it say about your country and your country educational system when the king has to send their children out of the country to be educated.........sheesh........and how come jordanians like to criticize the west when they not only send their children their but also frequently married these outsiders????????? of course jordan is not the only country...but i just wanted to know

justine 01-29-2004 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mya@Jan 29th, 2004 - 1:41 am
What does it say about your country and your country educational system when the king has to send their children out of the country to be educated.........sheesh........and how come jordanians like to criticize the west when they not only send their children their but also frequently married these outsiders????????? of course jordan is not the only country...but i just wanted to know
but as you say, it's such a common practice of royalty. Well except for Great Britain, and that seems to be where all foreign royals send their kids...lol

I suppose it says "we have the funds to do this" but I also thought it was part of a multi cultural education so that they can come back to their country with 'fresh eyes' of the world.

syima 01-29-2004 01:52 PM

Oh interesting to know about little Prince Hussein is away and go to school oversea.
I never knew about it.

Does he go to boarding school, or stay with his Grandma Princess Muna formerly
(Antoinette Gardner). King Abdullah mum...

Do you anything about this? as i am interesting to know.

Alexandria 01-31-2004 12:48 PM

JARASH, JORDAN: Jordan's King Abdullah II is received by a Jordanian family during his visit to the ancient city of Jarash 28 January 2004. The king visited the town's people prior to the up coming Eid al-Adha, at the end of the annual pilgrimage to Mecca known as the Hajj and carried out by millions of Muslims. The king listened to the people's complaints, worries and needs. Yousef ALLAN/AFP/Getty Images

King Abdullah in Jarash, Jordan

Dennism 02-08-2004 11:33 PM

BBC

Jordan is embarking on a radical reform process aimed at modernising the country's political system.

One of the key reforms is getting Jordanian women more involved in public affairs.

The country's monarch, King Abdullah, is behind the moves giving women a bigger and more active role in the political process.

Late last year, he dissolved the upper house of parliament and appointed seven women - the highest number ever - to a new 55-member body.

He also created a special quota system to ensure women would be elected to the lower chamber where they now number six out of 110 members.

Change from above

The king also appointed a female minister, Asma Khader, to serve as the government's spokesperson.

Ms Khader is a prominent lawyer and champion of human rights, particularly women's rights.

Jordan's Prime Minister, Faisal Fayex, for his part, has also urged women's organisations to spur political development in the country.

But some question whether engineering change from above will work in Jordan's traditional society.

The newly appointed senator, Wijdan Talhouni Saket, said King Abdullah is setting the right example to help build democracy in this tribal desert monarchy.

"Jordan is a very conservative society. It is a society of men," she explained.

"Usually men never give their places easily for women if we don't push for it.

"I think this is a first step."

She said the women appointed and elected by the quota system to parliament are mainly activists.

"I am sure and expecting that we are going to do a lot because we have the means, the experience, and now we are encouraged by His Majesty and Queen Rania," she said.

"All of us worked in civil society."

'Too conservative'

Senator Saket has been involved in grassroots development work for the past 20 years.

She has helped launch 250 middle and lower-income women into business by providing facilities, skills and training at her Jordan Forum for Business and Professional Women in the Garden district of Amman.

She said she is contributing her practical business know-how to parliament to help tackle the country's staggering 17% unemployment rate.

But some people argue it will take more than just introducing more women into parliament to change Jordan's political landscape.

Former minister of information, Leila Sharaf, said she did not initially support the idea of a special quota for women.

"I was against it at first," she explained, "because I thought that a quota may bring women who are not experienced in public life, women who are too conservative to push for women's rights or that it may slacken the women's movement."

But Ms Sharaf argues that the country's current election law of one person, one vote will not break the stigma against voting for women.

The quota system may need to be used again for the next parliamentary election, she said, until Jordanians become more accustomed to seeing women in public office.

Exceptions

Amman-based analyst Joost Hiltermann of the International Crisis Group research institute agrees.

"This is a conservative, traditional society. Women can run for election but the chances of their winning are not great," he said.

"In a free and fair election where you are elected as a Jordanian citizen, it is very tough for women to be elected.

"That is the reality.We are talking about exceptions, not about the rule."

He said this reason makes the king's personal intervention to introduce change plausible.

"Appointing women to public office may be a good way to set a model.

"Here, women are taking positions of authority, they can do it and there is nothing wrong with it."

Although this is just one of many reforms King Abdullah is initiating, critics say a number still concentrate power in the hands of the king and do not go far enough.

Another problem is they have not caught on at the grassroots level.

Recently, a lawmaker from the conservative district of Ma'an in the south of the country said women's development is not on his agenda.

The 42-year old monarch may find himself facing an uphill battle with Jordan's traditional stalwarts to create the kind of society he wants to become an example to the rest of the Middle East.

Dennism 02-09-2004 06:29 PM

February 9, 2004. Syrian President Bashar al-Assad meets with Jordan's King Abdullah II in Damascus. The two Arab leaders formally launched a dam project on the two countries' Yarmuk River border today at a ceremony in northern Jordan. The king and the president unveiled a commemorative plaque to mark the event before heading to Damascus for official talks.

Sitting

Greeting

Unveiling a plaque

U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld talks with Jordan's King Abdullah at the 40th Munich Conference on Security Policy in Munich, Germany, Sunday, Feb. 8, 2004.

King and Rumsfield

King in Munich

King in Munich

Alexandria 02-09-2004 08:28 PM

(Getty Images) MUNICH, GERMANY - FEBRUARY 8: King Abdullah II of Jordan speaks at the Conference On Security Policy February 8, 2004 in Munich, Germany. Members of NATO are in Munich to discuss security and the threat of terrorism until February 8.

https://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2899/2945785.th.jpghttps://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3172/2945521.th.jpghttps://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6044/2945511.th.jpghttps://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8666/2945510.th.jpghttps://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7527/2945514.th.jpghttps://img30.imageshack.us/img30/356/2945565.th.jpghttps://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3385/2945788.th.jpg

Dennism 02-12-2004 02:20 PM

Jordan's King Abdullah II receives former Israeli premier and Labor Party chief Shimon Peres at his private residence in Amman 10 February 2004. Peres told the Jordanian monarch the establishment of a Palestinian state holds the key to Middle East peace, Petra news agency said. The opposition Israeli leader was on a "private visit" to Jordan, which made peace with Israel in 1994. Israel's former Labor Party leader and defense minister Benjamin Ben Aliezer is seen in the center of the picture.

https://delivery.gettyimages.com/comp/29599...9006875E90564A4

srbjakoska 02-16-2004 06:16 PM

new photoes of the King from Petra:

https://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/47/a22.jpg
https://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/47/a21.jpg
https://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/47/a20.jpg
https://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/47/a19.jpg
https://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/47/a18.jpg
https://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/47/a17.jpg
https://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/47/a14.jpg
https://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/47/a13.jpg

King Abdullah and Queen Rania

https://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/47/a16.jpg
https://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/47/a15.jpg

trish79nl 02-17-2004 05:39 AM

It's so lovely to see that the people love him so much! He is so concerned about his people!:angel:

I love him too, he is a great king!!! :flower:

Dennism 02-19-2004 11:37 AM

Jordan's King Abdullah II meets with South Korean Foreign Minister Ban Ki-Moon in Amman 19 February 2004.

https://delivery.gettyimages.com/comp/29958...39C4B126631D43A

tayoobeh 02-19-2004 02:15 PM

King Abdullah dresses differently than the other kings or presidents. he can connect to people around him much more than anyone else

saloua 02-22-2004 06:43 AM

happy new year queen rania 1425 when i was in macca in 1994 the queen rania had the prince el hussein i wish you happiness love and god bless you .

Balqis 03-02-2004 03:48 AM

7 Attachment(s)
From Getty Images and Yahoo:

DUBLIN, IRELAND - MARCH 1: Queen Rania of Jordan attends an International Youth Foundation urban regeneration site at the Fatima Mansions on March 1, 2004 in Dublin, Ireland. (Photo by ShowBiz Ireland/Getty Images)

Jacqueline 03-02-2004 09:03 AM

Queen Rania in London for a children's cause.

Hello Magazine

Bubbette 03-02-2004 10:41 AM

Quote:

1 MARCH 2004
Famed for her philanthropic work, Queen Rania of Jordan has been championing a cause close to her heart, jetting into London to launch a worldwide children's initiative

Famed for her charity work, or for her clothes! :)

Dennism 03-29-2004 03:11 AM

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his wife Emine Erdogan gave a dinner reception at Dolmabahce Palace in Istanbul on tuesday evening. 03/16/2004. Jordan King together with his wife flied to Istanbul after meeting in Ankara.

Dennism 03-29-2004 04:13 AM

QUEEN RANIA VISITING SOS CHILDREN'S VILLAGE, AMMAN, JORDAN - 21 MAR 2004

https://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3919/447343f.th.jpghttps://img30.imageshack.us/img30/2307/447343b.th.jpghttps://img7.imageshack.us/img7/236/447343c.th.jpghttps://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3710/447343a.th.jpghttps://img30.imageshack.us/img30/5853/447343e.th.jpghttps://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1046/447343d.th.jpg

Dennism 03-29-2004 05:53 AM

Queen Rania of Jordan meets children from Fatima Mansions, Dublin Monday March1, 2004. The Queen, who is patron of The International Youth Federation, was there to offer her support to the local people who are regenerating their estate. King Abdullah and Queen Rania were on an official one day visit to Ireland.

mashed potatoes 04-10-2004 02:19 PM

I saw a picture of Queen Rania at the Jaresh festival for 2004 wearing a beautiful burgandy dress. I saw in the yahoo group of Magikal Rania under the Fashion folder and then the Handbag folder.... i know she's known for her handbags. what I can't see properly is the watermark of the agency that took the photograph... all is see is aap and then i can't make out what comes after. i'd like to take a look at other photographs of the dress.

If anyone knows please let me know. thanks.

Malika 04-17-2004 05:31 PM

What is the problem with Queen Rania?

For years she was a "wonderful Queen","a symbol".For years people admired her "elegance", her "natural taste for fashion". nobody cared about the money she spent .But suddenly , this year, i have began to read criticisms about her.
What happened ?
Has the "most beautiful queen of the world" became a monster ? Or , have the medias suddenly fucussed on her tedancy to buy and buy...? and Why ?
What is going wrong now that didn't before ?

What is your opinion about this phenomenon?

:(

maryshawn 04-17-2004 06:52 PM

That is an interesting question. I think the media has certainly focused on her "image" as a beautiful woman who must spend a fortune on clothes and jewels and accessories. I have read little of substance about Queen Rania's contributions to the people and her "work." She seems to spend a lot of time jetting around looking gorgeous and that's about it. Now, either the media are just focusing on one aspect of her or she has discovered she is a beautiful woman and is having more fun playing that up. Certainly, she has changed so much since her marriage when she was a pretty, demure young lady--her weight loss alone is so dramatic and amazing, appearance preoccupies a great deal of what she does and projects. It's too bad. I think her predecessors spent a lot more time with the people of Jordan than she does but, again, perhaps the media doesn't report the less exhiliarating aspects of her life. If she is indeed doing a lot to help the people, her press office is letting her down by not promoting that aspect of her life. We'll see; she, God willing, has a long reign ahead of her. Perhaps, with age, she will become more focused and less consumed by style.

Mary Shawn

Queen Rania is beautiful but my goodness she is so thin now. But lovely photos, thanks.

Mary Shawn

wymanda 04-18-2004 04:47 AM

A similar thing happened with Diana and with Sarah Ferguson. For the first 2 or 3 years they could do no wrong. Sarah was billed as being a "breath of fresh air" into the royal family. We then saw it turn, drastically with Sarah, but more subtely with Diana and the press began to focus on what they wore, where they went for holidays etc.
Fortunately Rania has a husband who will support her until this blows over.

Malika 04-18-2004 02:57 PM

So, according to both of you, it is more a problem about medias and the way they focuss on QR than a problem with QR herself?

Mélika

Charcoal Grey 04-18-2004 07:19 PM

Hmm...I have yet to see a negative article on Queen Rania in the media, at least in the west. As for the Arab media, it seems to me she is the darling of magazines such as Laha. The only negativity I have encountered in regards to Queen Rania is here on the internet in forums such as this one.

abir 04-29-2004 12:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
What do you think of Rania' hair? We always saw her with wonderful hair, I wonder if in these pictures it's the natural look ...

Bubbette 04-29-2004 12:58 PM

Here's the link to the conference: https://www.sofex.com.jo/SOFEX2004.htm

micas 04-29-2004 01:36 PM

AMMAN, JORDAN: French Defence Minister Michele Alliot-Marie (L) talks to Jordan's Queen Rania during their meeting in Amman 26 April 2004. Alliot-Marie is on official visit to Jordan to attend the international conference and military trade fair. AFP PHOTO JACK GUEZ

https://img37.imageshack.us/img37/731/72510.th.jpghttps://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2250/72508.th.jpg

Jordan's Queen Rania shakes hands with wellwishers as she takes part in an anti-terrorism protest which drew more than 250,000 people 29 April 2004 in Amman, following Jordan's disclosure it had foiled an attack that could have cost tens of thousands of lives. The demonstration was organised by trade unions and a number of political parties to condemn the suspected Al-Qaeda chemical bombing plot that Jordanian authorities announced earlier this week they had foiled.

https://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3490/74442.th.jpghttps://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7776/74433.th.jpghttps://img294.imageshack.us/img294/44/74997504.th.jpghttps://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4628/83769342.th.jpghttps://img179.imageshack.us/img179/3973/31781675.th.jpghttps://img690.imageshack.us/img690/3774/30064035.th.jpg

Bubbette 04-29-2004 04:23 PM

What a different look for her! She looks great. Pathetic that this foiled attack really hasn't made the news here in the US. But what could the French Defense minister possibly have to say to her? I mean what was that meeting all about?

Lyonnaise 05-03-2004 04:18 PM

MAY 3: California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger ® talks with Jordan's King Abdullah II (L) at Abdullah's Al Barakeh palace May 3, 2004 in Amman, Jordan. Later the leaders had lunch together at the palace. (Photo by John Decker-Pool/Getty Images)
https://img209.imageshack.us/img209/125/50796524.th.jpg https://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2714/50796167.th.jpg

AMMAN, JORDAN - MAY 3: California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger ® talks with Jordan's King Abdullah II (L) near the helipad at Abdullah's Al Barakeh palace May 3, 2004 in Amman, Jordan
https://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7285/50796250.th.jpg https://img260.imageshack.us/img260/1116/50796164.th.jpg

AMMAN, JORDAN - MAY 3: California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger (2nd L) lunches with Jordan's King Abdullah II (2nd R) at Abdullah's Al Barakeh palace May 3, 2004 in Amman, Jordan. Joing the leaders are Paul Wachter (L) a close friend of Schwarzenegger, Pat Clarey (3rd L), Schwarzenegger's chief of staff; Jordan's Prince Ali (3rd R), and Samer Muasher (L), the Jordanian Royal Film commissioner. (Photo by John Decker-Pool/Getty Images)
https://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6636/50796245.th.jpg

Laila 05-04-2004 12:11 AM

I cant undersatand how he meet with such a person and in amman? :angry: Schwarzenegger shows strong support to Israel to prepare himself to be the president of US .
He is unwelcomed to our beloved capital. :yuk:

Humble 05-04-2004 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Laila@May 3rd, 2004 - 11:11 pm
I cant undersatand how he meet with such a person and in amman? :angry: Schwarzenegger shows strong support to Israel to prepare himself to be the president of US .

And Why you are surprised that he met someone (Schwarzenegger) who is supportive of Israel. Your country has relations with Israel anyway and your king paid a visit to Israel which was supposed to be secretive even to Jordanians. If it were not Israeli media who made that visit known, no one would have known about such visit. :rolleyes:

Sean.~ 05-04-2004 02:28 AM

Quote:

He can't become president of the United States, as he isn't a US citizen by birth. Being born American is a pre-requisite for the top job.

Bubbette 05-04-2004 11:11 AM

Quote:

I cant undersatand how he meet with such a person and in amman? :angry:* Schwarzenegger shows strong support to Israel to prepare himself to be the president of US .

Schwarzenegger went to Jordan only after Arabs in California protested why he went to Israel (to open the Israeli branch of the Museum of Tolerance--which is a branch of a similar museum in Los Angeles, which will "focus on issues of human dignity and responsibility and seek to promote unity and respect among Jews and between people of all faiths" and to commemorate an Israeli company opening a branch in Los Angeles, which will provide jobs for several hundred Californians).

"
"Tonight, as part of my first trip abroad as California Governor, my message to Israel is that California is open for business. We have the best educated workforce, the perfect climate and now we have a government that is making it easier for you to do business in California."

As evidence of the governor's commitment to helping companies around the world do business in California, he introduced five Israeli companies that will expand in the Golden State, resulting in the creation of more than 800 new jobs. "

https://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/a...078&newsLang=en

I know that Israel has been trying to open factories and provide jobs in Jordan too, but since the Jordanians have forbidden most people from doing business with Israelis, well, you get the picture.

What was your reference to "such a person?" What are you angry about?

Bubbette 05-04-2004 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Humble+May 4th, 2004 - 1:01 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Humble @ May 4th, 2004 - 1:01 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Laila@May 3rd, 2004 - 11:11 pm
I cant undersatand how he meet with such a person and in amman? :angry:&nbsp; Schwarzenegger shows strong support to Israel to prepare himself to be the president of US .

And Why you are surprised that he met someone (Schwarzenegger) who is supportive of Israel. Your country has relations with Israel anyway and your king paid a visit to Israel which was supposed to be secretive even to Jordanians. If it were not Israeli media who made that visit known, no one would have known about such visit. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
No, this was in the Jordan Times, and I am sure the Arab press in the US would have covered it, since it was Arab pressure that forced him to go to Amman.

Sean.~ 05-04-2004 11:37 AM

Quote:

Hold on to your seat, because it turns out that he is friends with your king. Abdullah has even eaten at his home while in California.

almahboubah 05-04-2004 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bubbette+May 4th, 2004 - 10:12 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bubbette &#064; May 4th, 2004 - 10:12 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:

Originally posted by Humble@May 4th, 2004 - 1:01 am
<!--QuoteBegin-Laila
Quote:

@May 3rd, 2004 - 11:11 pm
I cant undersatand how he meet with such a person and in amman? :angry:* Schwarzenegger shows strong support to Israel to prepare himself to be the president of US .

And Why you are surprised that he met someone (Schwarzenegger) who is supportive of Israel. Your country has relations with Israel anyway and your king paid a visit to Israel which was supposed to be secretive even to Jordanians. If it were not Israeli media who made that visit known, no one would have known about such visit. :rolleyes:

No, this was in the Jordan Times, and I am sure the Arab press in the US would have covered it, since it was Arab pressure that forced him to go to Amman. [/b][/quote]
No Bubbette, Humble&#39;s right. And she was talking about the kings&#39; visit to israel and not about arnolds&#39; visit. The kings&#39; visit was supposed to be a secretive one- until the visit was reported on israeli television and radio, that sort-of forced the jordanian media to report it as well.

Bubbette 05-04-2004 12:40 PM

Ah, thanks for the clarification&#33; But there is free press in Israel, so if he really wanted to keep it a secret, I guess it would have been better to hold it somewhere where the press only prints what the government allowed it. However, since the Jordan Times only prints what censors allows, you can&#39;t blame their publishing it on the Israeli press&#33;

Dennism 05-04-2004 06:29 PM

Yes. Good photos. That Arnold has one big head&#33; That is good. Fits his ego. :P

Banadoora 05-04-2004 06:38 PM

I just remembered reading somewhere that King Abdullah was an extra on an episode of Star Treck. Maybe he&#39;s looking to get into acting for a bit. hehe.