The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f183/)
-   -   Grand Ducal Couple's Silver Wedding Celebrations: June 30-July 1, 2006 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f183/grand-ducal-couples-silver-wedding-celebrations-june-30-july-1-2006-a-10030.html)

swissluxi 06-20-2006 04:26 PM

Grand Ducal Couple's Silver Wedding Celebrations: June 30-July 1, 2006

Does anyone have detailed program of the silver jubilee festivities that will take place in Luxembourg in a little more than a week?

I would very much like to get a glimpse at the royals attending...since I am from Luxembourg it would be a "one-time-chance" form me.

LadyS 06-21-2006 03:51 AM

According to the Danish Royal Calender Prince Frederick and Princess Mary will be attending the festivities.

Another question: Is there a calender of events for the Grand Ducal family?

Kelly 06-22-2006 04:40 PM

Well we know it will start June 30.

fanletizia 06-22-2006 06:33 PM

According to the Swedish Royal Calender King and Queen of Sweden will be attending the festivities.

Lindy 06-23-2006 07:01 AM

According to HJA at the Benelux Board, the preliminary guest list is as follows:

Belgium: Queen Fabiola, Prince Philip & Princess Mathilde
Netherland: Queen Beatrix, Prince Willem-Alexander & Princess Máxima
Norway: Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit
Denmark: Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary
Liechtenstein: Prince Alois & Princess Sophie
Monaco: Prince Albert
Sweden: King Carl Gustaf & Queen Silvia
Spain: Prince Felipe
Great Britain: Princess Anne
Greece: (ex)King Constantijn en Queen Anne-Marie
Bulgaria: (ex)King Simeon & Queen Margarita
Aga Khan
Portugal: Hertog & Hertogin van Bragança

Kelly 06-23-2006 05:46 PM

Will the GD's sisters also attend with their respective families?

Heiress Victoria 06-24-2006 12:53 AM

yes.. I think so as they are boths princesses of luxembourg?? they keep the title no matter to whom they are married.. don't they??

Virnabrisa2000 06-24-2006 07:36 AM

Is it known that new events will give until the dinner of July 1 for reasons of the 25 anniversary of the Dukes?

fanletizia 06-27-2006 06:53 PM

It seems that Princes of Asturias will represent to Spain

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0-post105.html

soCal girl 06-27-2006 10:09 PM

I can't wait to see all the royals gathered together :)! Has the schedule for the celebrations been released?

Eliza 06-28-2006 03:05 AM

This is exciting - another opportunity for us to 'feast' on galore of pictures of various royals!

Is Prince Felipe attending alone - that's a shame, for it would have been wonderful to see Pss Letizia

Also, i can't wait to see the gala dinner (if they hve one) the gowns the ladies will wear and the jewels - hope it'll be a tiara event!

carlota 06-28-2006 06:11 AM

what a great occassion! this year we really are having lots of royal gatherings!

i really can't wait... i bet the celebrations will be impressive!

a big big congratulation to the grand dukes!

Her_Majesty 06-28-2006 06:41 AM

:confused: Will only Haakon and Mette-Marit represent the Norwegian Royal family?
Or will King Harald and Queen Sonja attend the SilverWedding, too?

kwanfan 06-28-2006 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
:confused: Will only Haakon and Mette-Marit represent the Norwegian Royal family?
Or will King Harald and Queen Sonja attend the SilverWedding, too?

The calender on the Norwegian Royal Family's website says that Haakon and Mette-Marit will be attending.

Larzen 06-28-2006 12:04 PM

Friday: Gala performance at the theatre.
Saturday: Opening of the MUDAM museum and in the evening a private party at Berg Castle
(source; Stig at BRMB)

Some of the guests will only attend the 2. day of the celebrations.
As for tiaras, 5 years ago there was also a concert at the Music Conservatorium and this was the dresscode, black tie, no tiaras and very little bling bling;) Its funny to see how they have all changed in those 5 years, most have married and had both 1, 2, and 3 children (in or out of wedlock;)) Its a pitty Victoria and Charles is not comming, otherwise all the heirs would have been there.
https://img130.imagevenue.com/loc47/t...7_fdgdfdfg.jpg
Langhbehnfoto/AP

Mathilde1286 06-28-2006 02:01 PM

OH How exciting!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

This is what we all love to "feast" on, as you correctly stated, Eliza. :D

I can't wait for the photos!! :)

Isn't MT's birthday celebration planned during their wedding celebration?

Kelly 06-28-2006 04:02 PM

Is princess letizia attending another event and that is why she won´t be attending this one?

lula 06-28-2006 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly
Is princess letizia attending another event and that is why she won´t be attending this one?

Fanletizia has written a few post more above;)

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0-post105.html

soCal girl 06-28-2006 04:54 PM

I do hope the ladies glam it up a bit more than they did five years ago! I think Maxima, Mary, and Letizia will do a fine job of that! :D

Does anybody know if Philippe and Mathilde are going to cancel their trip to Luxembourg due to the sad circumstances in Belgium right now?

Zonk 06-28-2006 05:57 PM

How amazing are the changes that the last five years have brought! Mette Marit looks so young (or rather not as stylish). She still is young :) No Maxima, Mary or Letizia (at least appearing in the official pics).

Whats' going on in Belgium?

Ms Griffin 06-28-2006 06:21 PM

3 weeks ago 2 girls (preteen age I think) went missing. They have found their bodies. :(

grim_lady 06-28-2006 06:28 PM

From Luxembourg?!

popy 06-28-2006 06:44 PM

Not from Luxembourg, from Belgium

grim_lady 06-28-2006 06:50 PM

Oh, well that's terrible! Still though I don't think this is the right thread to announce this then...

Oppie 06-28-2006 07:27 PM

Prince Philippe has already said that there Russian trip will be effected, it would be reasonable to suggest that Philippe and Mathilde will not come to Luxembourg (the King has also met with the families) because of these sad circumstances, Ms Griffin was just answering the question as to what had happened because some posters may not know.

catango 06-28-2006 07:49 PM

I hope Princess Letizia go, she is so beautiful, and in gala dress is even more.

Zonk 06-28-2006 08:17 PM

Ms. Griffin...thank you for the information. What a terrible tragedy.

Yes, I would imagine that the Crown Couple (Mathilde and Phillipe)will not attend now.

Ms Griffin 06-28-2006 08:36 PM

Welcome. :)

I hope Felipe doesn't attend without his wife. That would be awful for her. I mean she isn't even allowed to do engagements of her own and then also not attending royal events abroad? Oy. They better go both.

soCal girl 06-28-2006 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Griffin
Welcome. :)

I hope Felipe doesn't attend without his wife. That would be awful for her. I mean she isn't even allowed to do engagements of her own and then also not attending royal events abroad? Oy. They better go both.

It is believed that both Felipe and Letizia will be in Luxembourg for the celebrations. So I don't think we should worry just yet. :) When we see Felipe alone, then maybe....;) :p

stellad 06-28-2006 09:25 PM

I am looking forward to seeing pics of this event. I hope Letizia does go just to prove to me that she doesn't live in a gilded cage.

Stellad

grevinnan 06-28-2006 10:24 PM

For someone with a workschedule like Letizia one can hardly use the term "living in a gilded cage".

carlota 06-29-2006 07:57 AM

i read in the brmb that mette marit is not attending and that haakon will go alone. it would be such a shame if she doesn't go, since all the other european princesses will be there...

i really can't wait, only one day to go!

does anyone know the programme?

tiger 06-29-2006 10:42 AM

In the agenda of the norwegian royal court it is listed that Mette Marit will got to Luxembourg. The information on the GRMB is based on a webblog of a dutch journalist.
And now who will you trust?

Oppie 06-29-2006 10:54 AM

Does anyone know if Tim Laurence will be going with Princess Anne. I know that she is doing a few military related events in France, it seems that he is usually at those type of events.

Mathilde1286 06-29-2006 12:11 PM

Does anyone know of any live telecasts that will be showing the arrivals, etc?

kwanfan 06-29-2006 12:18 PM

It really doesn't make much sense that Mette-Marit would not attend. The Norwegian Royal Family's website was just updated yesterday, I think, saying that both Haakon and Mette-Marit would attend. Unless she got sick or something over night, I can't imagine why there schedule would change over night.

HMQueenElizabethII 06-29-2006 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oppie
Does anyone know if Tim Laurence will be going with Princess Anne. I know that she is doing a few military related events in France, it seems that he is usually at those type of events.

On Saturday, the Duke of York is on an official visit to the Republic of Azerbaijan.The PoW and the DoC, The Princess Royal, and the Duke of Gloucester will attend the anniversary of Battle of the Somme, certainly in France. But it is such a rare occasion for Princess Anne to meet other European fellows and socialize since such a long time.
Tim Laurence was not mentioned on the royal engagements diary, but maybe let's see Oppie.

grim_lady 06-29-2006 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oppie
Prince Philippe has already said that there Russian trip will be effected, it would be reasonable to suggest that Philippe and Mathilde will not come to Luxembourg (the King has also met with the families) because of these sad circumstances, Ms Griffin was just answering the question as to what had happened because some posters may not know.

That's why that was mentioned, then! I hope you understood why I thought the deaths seemed out of place.

Anyway, it's the day before so I hope that none of the guests suddenly get sick or something, but I have a feeling that this is going to be a great royal event anyway. There will be a good photo-op no doubt! :)

fanletizia 06-29-2006 06:32 PM

Liste des invités royaux qui assisteront à l'inauguration officielle du Musée d'art moderne Grand-Duc Jean

Inauguration officielle le 1er juillet
Premier musée d’art contemporain au Luxembourg

(liste alphabétique par pays)
Monarchies régnantes
  • Leurs Altesses Royales le Duc et la Duchesse de Brabant
  • Sa Majesté la Reine Fabiola
  • Leurs Altesses Royales le Prince Héritier et la Princesse Héritière du Danemark
  • Their Royal Highnesses Prince El Hassan Bin Talal and Princess Sarvath of Jordan
  • Leurs Altesses Sérénissimes le Prince Philipe et la Princesse Isabelle de Liechtenstein
  • Son Altesse Sérénissime le Prince Souverain de Monaco
  • Son Altesse Royale le Prince Héritier de Norvège
  • Leurs Majestés le Roi et la Reine de Suède
Monarchies non régnantes
  • Their Royal Highnesses the Duke Dom Duarte Pio and Duchess Dona Isabel of Bragança
  • Leurs Majestés le Roi et la Reine de Bulgarie
  • Their Majesties King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece
  • His Highness The Aga Khan
Membres de la famille de S.A.R. le Grand-Duc
  • Son Altesse Royale le Grand-Duc Jean de Luxembourg
  • Leurs Altesses Impériales et Royales l'Archiduc Christian et l'Archiduchesse Marie-Astric d'Autriche
  • Son Altesse Sérénissime le Prince Nicolas et Son Altesse Royale la Princesse Margaretha de Liechtenstein
  • Leurs Altesses Royales le Prince Guillaume et la Princesse Sibilla de Luxembourg
  • Son Altesse Royale le Prince Jean de Luxembourg
https://www.gouvernement.lu/salle_pre...ite/index.html

GlitteringTiaras 06-30-2006 02:15 AM

I hope there will be some photos soon... I'm becoming quite impatient here.:D

Larzen 06-30-2006 03:52 AM

Mette-Marit is officially not going, no reason given.
https://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehus...d=5&gid=15&aid=

H.M. Margrethe 06-30-2006 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larzen
Mette-Marit is officially not going, no reason given.
https://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehus...=5&gid=15&aid=

Perhaps it´s becuse her daugther Ingrid Alexandra is ill ?
Or is it because she still don´t like to fly ?

Paty 06-30-2006 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanletizia
Liste des invités royaux qui assisteront à l'inauguration officielle du Musée d'art moderne Grand-Duc Jean

Inauguration officielle le 1er juillet
Premier musée d’art contemporain au Luxembourg

(liste alphabétique par pays)
Monarchies régnantes
  • Leurs Altesses Royales le Duc et la Duchesse de Brabant
  • Sa Majesté la Reine Fabiola
  • Leurs Altesses Royales le Prince Héritier et la Princesse Héritière du Danemark
  • Their Royal Highnesses Prince El Hassan Bin Talal and Princess Sarvath of Jordan
  • Leurs Altesses Sérénissimes le Prince Philipe et la Princesse Isabelle de Liechtenstein
  • Son Altesse Sérénissime le Prince Souverain de Monaco
  • Son Altesse Royale le Prince Héritier de Norvège
  • Leurs Majestés le Roi et la Reine de Suède
Monarchies non régnantes
  • Their Royal Highnesses the Duke Dom Duarte Pio and Duchess Dona Isabel of Bragança
  • Leurs Majestés le Roi et la Reine de Bulgarie
  • Their Majesties King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece
  • His Highness The Aga Khan
Membres de la famille de S.A.R. le Grand-Duc
  • Son Altesse Royale le Grand-Duc Jean de Luxembourg
  • Leurs Altesses Impériales et Royales l'Archiduc Christian et l'Archiduchesse Marie-Astric d'Autriche
  • Son Altesse Sérénissime le Prince Nicolas et Son Altesse Royale la Princesse Margaretha de Liechtenstein
  • Leurs Altesses Royales le Prince Guillaume et la Princesse Sibilla de Luxembourg
  • Son Altesse Royale le Prince Jean de Luxembourg
https://www.gouvernement.lu/salle_pre...ite/index.html

Fanletizia, are not the Princes of Asturias invited?

Larzen 06-30-2006 05:35 AM

Felipe and Letizia is only attendning the dinner and dance on saturday, this is the questlist for the opening of the museum, Maxima, Willem Alexander and Beatrix is also only attening that event
Quote:

Originally Posted by H.M.Margrethe
Perhaps it´s becuse her daugther Ingrid Alexandra is ill ?
Or is it because she still don´t like to fly ?

I dont think we should speculate that someone is ill unless we know something, and its not fare of flying, she just flew to Thailand, and has flown Europe round on business and on pleassure, obioulsy something has happened since the calendar was updated on Wednesday morning when she was listed as going.

HRH Mims 06-30-2006 10:53 AM

https://www.wort.lu/articles/5409824.html- article about celebration
https://www.wort.lu/images/500001021.jpg here is one small picture of MT and Henri, I've never seen.

ankie 06-30-2006 03:44 PM

4 Attachment(s)
The firts pics.

Virnabrisa2000 06-30-2006 03:50 PM

They are spectacular,:):):), the Great Duquesa María Teresa this super elegant and very pretty of white.¡That happiness!!

marilla 06-30-2006 03:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Virnabrisa2000
They are spectacular,:):):), the Great Duquesa María Teresa this super elegant and very pretty of white.¡That happiness!!

You can't be super thin and look terrific.
Attachment 252781
:) Great Duchess looks stunning.

Source: AP Photo/Nicolas Bouvy

HRH Mims 06-30-2006 03:53 PM

I love white on MT too. anyway, Queen Sophia's green dress are lovely.

CASSARD 06-30-2006 03:54 PM

Maria Teresa and Mary are very beautiful

ankie 06-30-2006 04:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Fabiola and Albert.

Virnabrisa2000 06-30-2006 04:06 PM

Pardon Marilla, but the expression doesn't sometimes come out very well me, my English is not very correct.:)
The Great Duchess this very elegant one:)

legnavirginia2006 06-30-2006 04:14 PM

I love Maria Teresa's dress. She has made me feel proud to be cuban. I am so glad for her. She has the perfect marriage with a more than wounderful children. I am so happy for her.

marilla 06-30-2006 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legnavirginia2006
I love Maria Teresa's dress...

Maybe this is another dress by Elie Saab.

Marengo 06-30-2006 04:20 PM

Maria-Theresa looks great and radiant as always! But I have to say that Queen Fabiola looks remarkably well to, a nice (modern) change which makes her look younger then in the flowerdress she wore during the dutch statevisit. Good to see her anyway.

BTW does anybody know if Helene Vestur is attending (wife of Prince Jean).

GlitteringTiaras 06-30-2006 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virnabrisa2000
Pardon Marilla, but the expression doesn't sometimes come out very well me, my English is not very correct.:)
The Great Duchess this very elegant one:)

Virnabrisa, I believe Marilla meant to say that one doesn't have to be super thin to consider beautiful or terrific looking. Beauty comes in all shapes, sizes, ethnic backgrounds, race, and so on. Perhaps that is what she meant.

The Grand Duke and Grand Duchess look radiant! Thanks for posting these early pics everyone.

:)

mima 06-30-2006 04:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
from getty

marilla 06-30-2006 04:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras
Virnabrisa, I believe Marilla meant to say that one doesn't have to be super thin to consider beautiful or terrific looking. Beauty comes in all shapes, sizes, ethnic backgrounds, race, and so on. Perhaps that is what she meant...

Yes, I want say this.

Princess Rosario wears nice dress, too. But I don't like her make-up and hair.
Source: Gettyimages

Gallery:

https://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...%7c0&p=7&tag=1

Virnabrisa2000 06-30-2006 04:33 PM

Thank you for the correction Marilla and GlitteringTiaras,:), the truth is that I didn't mean anything of thinness, intent to express me the better podible, but this time has gone to my translator, and I believe that the meaning has not been the correct one, excuse the nuisances, and again thank you for the correction, if I have expressed that, it has not been my intention, and it is not what I think.
It is the first video in connection with this noche:https://www.rtl.lu/tele/livestream/index.rtl?live=high
I hope it is seen and that the link is the correct one.

Princess Robijn 06-30-2006 04:35 PM

from getty and anp

https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...000ffsdfsd.jpg

https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...n/f3243224.jpg

https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...den/005275.jpg

legnavirginia2006 06-30-2006 04:42 PM

I must say I don't like Mary's hair. It looks as if she is trying to look mature and young at the same time. I don't like the hair at all.

elmabruin 06-30-2006 04:48 PM

Maria Teresa looks wonderful

mima 06-30-2006 04:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
from getty

lula 06-30-2006 04:55 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Photos from ANP

Smartie2091 06-30-2006 04:56 PM

in the picture, of the brothers? which one is which? is the one on the left Felix?
which one is the one with the baby?

christinacg 06-30-2006 05:02 PM

All the royal ladies look fab!

marilla 06-30-2006 05:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another wonderful dress - Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg (beautiful colour)

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0&d=1151700925

From Lula post

I don't like Princess Margarita of Romania combo. It's looks strange (IMO), but necklace is wonderful. (source: Gettyimages)

LaChicaMadrilena 06-30-2006 05:08 PM

I agree that Maria Teresa looked absolutely stunning:) I liked also Rosario's dress (she is always so elegant!), but her hairdo wasn't the best IMO.

Mathilde1286 06-30-2006 05:12 PM

Alexandra looks beautiful. I love the orange-reddish gown.

Guillaume and Felix looks very handsome. MT and Henri just look sooo happy!!

The best!

I love all their dresses! Well, I don't really like Mary's, I wish she could have tried something new, and I really don't like her hair...it looks like she just threw it up in the bun...messy, kind of.

lula 06-30-2006 05:28 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Photos from getty

Mathilde1286 06-30-2006 05:32 PM

Fine necklace details of MT and Silvia
Polfoto:
https://img177.imageshack.us/img177/2...ecklac19tl.jpg
https://img188.imageshack.us/img188/1...klac2df7sz.jpg

marilla 06-30-2006 05:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathilde1286
Fine necklace details of MT and Silvia
Polfoto:
https://img177.imageshack.us/img177/2...ecklac19tl.jpg

You can see details of jacket, too. And all those sewn flowers and pearls on it.

Mary hairdo looks better from profile.
I like her earrings and Princess Sibilla earrings, but I'm addicted to beautiful earrings. Of course GD pearls earrings are beautiful, too. Source: Polfoto

lula 06-30-2006 05:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
From polfoto:

Heiress Victoria 06-30-2006 06:25 PM

princess alexandra's dress doesn't look good on her.. it makes her fatter..

PrincessofEurope 06-30-2006 06:34 PM

why did some royals choose to wear long dresses while mary and others wore short cocktail dresses

fanletizia 06-30-2006 07:00 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Images from ukpress

rchainho 06-30-2006 07:05 PM

i think that i saw duchess isabel de heredia dress somewhere???? maybe in norway?

fanletizia 06-30-2006 07:07 PM

9 Attachment(s)
More from ukpress and profimedia

fanletizia 06-30-2006 07:38 PM

7 Attachment(s)
More from ukpress, 1

Emily 06-30-2006 07:48 PM

Thank you for all these lovely photos. Wow, Queen Anne Marie is always such a class act! She seems so gracious and lovely in every circumstance and it must not always be easy for her since she doesn't have a throne. I know many of these royals are related to her, but still....

BeatrixFan 06-30-2006 07:57 PM

I agree with Emily. Anne-Marie yet again wows us all. She just looks so demure and beautiful. Pure class.

Mathilde1286 06-30-2006 08:06 PM

Thanks for all the lovely photos!! :)

What exactly is this event they are going to? A concert?

TatoïPalace 06-30-2006 08:09 PM

Yes, a concert. And I think tomorrow will be held a Grand Banquet, right? Can we expect tiaras, uniforms and decorations?

Jackswife 06-30-2006 09:04 PM

Silvia and Anne-Marie are both amazing! Mary's dress is to die for. A lovely set of pictures.:)

lise 06-30-2006 10:18 PM

Maria-Teresa looks beautiful and Anne-Marie is full of class. :)

puresnow 06-30-2006 10:39 PM

Congratulations !!!!!!

MarleyAllison 06-30-2006 10:55 PM

The photos are great. I love the white dress that the Grand Duchess was wearing, it was kind of like they just gotten married. Mary's dress was beautiful, it reminded me of a greek outfit. And the children look fantastic. :D

christinacg 06-30-2006 10:57 PM

I am dissapointed by the absence of the Crown Princely couples of the Netherlands and Spain. Maxima and Letizia would have provided some real glamour! Also confused as to why the older sons of the couple were'nt in attendance.
However, everyone that did make it look great!!!

legnavirginia2006 06-30-2006 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christinacg
I am dissapointed by the absence of the Crown Princely couples of the Netherlands and Spain. Maxima and Letizia would have provided some real glamour! Also confused as to why the older sons of the couple were'nt in attendance.
However, everyone that did make it look great!!!

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1&d=1151700925
Here is Felix, Luis and Gulliame (always so handsome)

christinacg 06-30-2006 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legnavirginia2006
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1&d=1151700925
Here is Felix, Luis and Gulliame (always so handsome)

oh good. I cant believe there arent more pictures of them.

Adry 06-30-2006 11:13 PM

I liked Princess Mary and Rosario Nadal´s dresses..but in my opinion, Rosario looked soo pale..her aspect doesnt convince me at all...:confused:

PPE
Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and Grand Duke Henri of Luxemburg arrive for their Silver Wedding ceremony at the Grand Theatre of Luxembourg

https://img224.imageshack.us/img224/5273/332ae.th.jpg https://img224.imageshack.us/img224/9731/345yo.th.jpg https://img224.imageshack.us/img224/9337/357oh.th.jpg

King Simeon of Bulgaria and Aga Kahn arrive for the Silver Wedding ceremony of Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg at the Grand Theatre of Luxembourg

https://img306.imageshack.us/img306/4354/364bg.th.jpg https://img330.imageshack.us/img330/7333/428hr.th.jpg

Denmark's Crown Princess Mary (L) and Crown Prince Frederik arrive for the silver wedding ceremony of Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and Grand Duke Henri of Luxemburg at the Grand Theatre of Luxembourg

https://img224.imageshack.us/img224/7605/377ho.th.jpg https://img224.imageshack.us/img224/8664/389ea.th.jpg https://img169.imageshack.us/img169/4536/399dn.th.jpg

Christian et l'Archiduchesse Marie-Astric arrive for their Silver Wedding ceremony at the Grand Theatre of Luxembourg

https://img306.imageshack.us/img306/9417/404dq.th.jpg https://img330.imageshack.us/img330/4376/411cx.th.jpg

Mathilde1286 07-01-2006 12:57 AM

Programme for the festivities in Luxembourg on the occasion of the Silver Wedding of the grand-ducal couple

Friday, 30th June 2006

20.00 CEST: Performance with Luxembourgians at the Grand Théatre de la Ville for 900 guests
21.30 CEST: Reception in honour of the grand-ducal couple

Saturday, 1st July 2006

11.00 CEST: Inauguration of the Museum of Modern Art Groothertog Jean (Mudam) by the grand-ducal couple and Grand Duc Jean in the presence of a part of the royal guests
Midday: picknick with a greater part of the royal guests
20.30 CEST: Dinner and ball for all guests at the grand-ducal residence Château de Berg.

Source: https://www.royalblog.nl/

christinacg 07-01-2006 01:00 AM

Will tomorrow nights dinner and ball be a tiara event?

Mathilde1286 07-01-2006 01:29 AM

I think most likely.

stellad 07-01-2006 01:48 AM

I think the Grand Duchess looks absolutely stunning. A beautiful dress. the other ladies looked lovely as well and definitely not trying to steal the Grand Duchess' thunder. Just wish Rosario would have doen something more glam to her hair.

Stellad

LaPlusBelle 07-01-2006 01:58 AM

She is so pretty.

christinacg 07-01-2006 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stellad
Just wish Rosario would have doen something more glam to her hair.

Stellad

yeah, I agree. Her dress is great but she looks like she rolled out of bed.

BeccaLynn07 07-01-2006 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stellad
I think the Grand Duchess looks absolutely stunning. A beautiful dress. the other ladies looked lovely as well and definitely not trying to steal the Grand Duchess' thunder. Just wish Rosario would have doen something more glam to her hair.

Stellad

I agree! Grand Duchess Maria Teresa looked absolutely stunning.

I have a silly question...who is on the far left in this picture?https://img346.imageshack.us/my.php?image=27rx.jpg

Lindy 07-01-2006 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeccaLynn07
I agree! Grand Duchess Maria Teresa looked absolutely stunning.

I have a silly question...who is on the far left in this picture?https://img346.imageshack.us/my.php?image=27rx.jpg

Henri de Ligne (1989) with his parents Michel de Ligne and Eleonora "Leonor" Maria of Orleans-Bragança.

Michel is the first cousin of Grand Duke Henri. His mother, Princess Alix, is Grand Duke Jean's sister.

flcty 07-01-2006 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soCal girl
I do hope the ladies glam it up a bit more than they did five years ago! I think Maxima, Mary, and Letizia will do a fine job of that! :D

Does anybody know if Philippe and Mathilde are going to cancel their trip to Luxembourg due to the sad circumstances in Belgium right now?

I know this might be a dumb question [I'm living in Australia, Victoria], well...what are the sad circumstances in Belgium?