The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princess Mabel and Children (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f128/)
-   -   Girl for Prince Friso & Princess Mabel - Joanna Zaria Nicoline Milou: June 18, 2006 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f128/girl-for-prince-friso-and-princess-mabel-joanna-zaria-nicoline-milou-june-18-2006-a-10010.html)

xxPatrickxx 06-18-2006 10:07 AM

Girl for Prince Friso & Princess Mabel - Joanna Zaria Nicoline Milou: June 18, 2006

Her Royal Highess give birth last night to a second daughter; Zaria
Names: Joanna Zaria Nicoline Milou
Zaria is the 7th grandchild of Her majesty the queen.

Royalsa 06-18-2006 10:15 AM

Dochter voor Prinses Mabel en Prins Friso, 18 juni 2006

Namens Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid Prins Friso en Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Mabel deelt de RVD mee:

Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Mabel heeft op 18 juni 2006 om 04.12 uur te Londen het leven geschonken aan een dochter. De baby woog bij de geboorte 3700 gram. Het zevende kleinkind van de Koningin krijgt de naam Zaria. Haar volledige naam luidt: Joanna Zaria Nicoline Milou. ‘Met moeder en kind gaat het fantastisch’, aldus een heel gelukkige Prins Friso.
18 juni 2006, 15.30 uur

Lady Jennifer 06-18-2006 10:20 AM

Another girl! Lovely news. Congrats to the family. I must say they are interesting names.

Hendrik-Jan77 06-18-2006 10:24 AM

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations to the happy parents; HRH Prince Friso and HRH Princess Mabel and little Countess Luana, to the very happy grandmothers HM Queen Beatrix and Mrs Wisse Smit and to the entire royal family, the Wisse Smit family and the whole country!!!
I have no doubt that the Queen is so very happy with all those lovely granddaughters and that one special grandson that bears the name of her late husband HRH Prince Claus.
I am so glad that after all the sorrow of the last years she now can grow into the role of a happy grandmother!!! :D

Her_Majesty 06-18-2006 10:29 AM

Wow great News!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)
What a lovely name!
Best wishes to the family!

Adry 06-18-2006 10:35 AM

Other girl..thats fantastic...Congratulations to Friso & Mabel :)

morhange 06-18-2006 10:45 AM

Poor Claus-Casimir! I can't help but feeling a little sad for him because he's the only boy among all those girls! At least he has Princess Margriet's two little grandsons to play with, or the poor boy would be so left out, he wouldn't know what to do with himself.

I think it's so strange that both Beatrix and Margriet had nothing but boys, but their grandchildren are more girls than boys. It's the same with Margarethe of Denmark, her parents have all girls, and then her children and grandchildren are all boys!

I must say that the name is a strange choice, but I like it! It's exotic sounding. Luana and Zaria. Very pretty! Although, why not just call her Zaria Joanna instead of the other way around?

Princess_Beatrix 06-18-2006 10:46 AM

Congratulations to the Parents!
Another Orange-Girl. :)

purple_platinum 06-18-2006 10:49 AM

Wow.. what a great news!

Zaria is a pretty unique name, as do their older daughter, Luana.
Congratulations to Friso & Mabel, and Luana.
Congratulations to to Beatrix who now have 5 grand-daughters & only 1 grandson...

elmabruin 06-18-2006 10:50 AM

Congratulations to Friso, Mabel & Luana.

crm2317 06-18-2006 10:57 AM

Congratulations to the whole family. OOO it would be lovely for a joint christening. This will hopefully mean some new pictures of little Luana. Happy happy happy

marezdote 06-18-2006 11:01 AM

Congrats to the entire Qrange family. I don't like the names though. They seem quite odd to me.

Gloriana 06-18-2006 11:06 AM

Gongratulations!:D

Interesting names! I guess since Friso is not in line to the throne anymore, he is free to give his kids special name. No risk of of a Queen Luana or Queen Zaria of the Netherlands (sorry if someone who reads this is called either of the names - they are pretty names!).;)

kwanfan 06-18-2006 11:14 AM

Great news! Congrats to the parents, Luana, and their families! But hopefully Anita will have a boy so that Claus-Casimir will have a playmate.

elisabetteke 06-18-2006 11:19 AM

congratulations to the Parents and the big sister Luana.
I never heard this name before but I like it.

princess leonor 06-18-2006 12:00 PM

Congratulations! Happy to know the child is healthy. I don't like the name at all though :(

Victoria1999 06-18-2006 12:03 PM

CONGRATULATIONS to the family:)

christinacg 06-18-2006 12:05 PM

Congrats! I love the name. Since they're not going to be queens or even princesses, I think Luana and Zaria are quite nice sounding. I especially love Nicoline.

To morhange, its Joanna Zaria and not Zaria Joanna because its family tradition to be called by the second name, like Amalia and WA, I suppose.

blyton 06-18-2006 12:13 PM

Good news,Best Wishes to the whole family!

Oppie 06-18-2006 12:20 PM

aww I love Joanna it's a nice name. How do you prononce Zaria ?

lilytornado 06-18-2006 12:43 PM

Nice! But I think Luana and Joanna would have fit better together... but I guess Zaria is unique and I like it.

Amélie 04 06-18-2006 12:44 PM

Congratulation to the parents and little countess Luana :)

Lucidu 06-18-2006 12:45 PM

:) CONGRATULATIONS to the couple, Luana and their family!!:)

corazon 06-18-2006 12:52 PM

loverly news! congratulations to the family! poor claus casimir, is the only boy in the royal family!

LaChicaMadrilena 06-18-2006 12:53 PM

Congratulations to Mabel, Friso, big sister Luana and grandmother Beatrix!!!:):):)
https://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/13/13_1_207.gif
Two adorable little grand-daughters in such a short period of time!!!
I love Joanna and Nicoline, but I will have to get used to Zaria. They love exotic names, anyway:D

Anyway, I'm not very good in guessing the sex of future babies. I thought Luana will have a brother. I was wrong with Mary, Letizia and M-M:( I was right only in Infanta Cristina's case, but it was obvious that she will have a girl after three boys:D

Sancia 06-18-2006 01:20 PM

Congratulations to the couple!

It seems Zaria is the shortened version of a Russian (origin hebraic) male name. :confused:

elenaris 06-18-2006 01:30 PM

Congratulations:::

What a lovely family and great news!

Marie_Annemy 06-18-2006 01:38 PM

I really don't like the names. They are not in the tradition of the Dutch royal house and when I first heard Zaria I thought it was a mistake and they meant Maria!
But my congratulations to the parents! I think Zaria is pronounced as: Zah- ree- ah. That is how a Dutch person like I am would pronounce it.

Marie_Annemy 06-18-2006 01:41 PM

According the site: www.behindthename.com ''Zaria'' is an Arabic name for females. Quite strange they gave the girl an Arabic name! It means ''blooming flower''.

Avalon 06-18-2006 01:45 PM

Congratulations! Really great news! https://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_55.gif
I knew it would be a girl. :p I am not sure about the names. They are unusual. Zaria... I can't remember a single Russian name, of which Zaria would be a shortened name to.:confused:

Royal Fan 06-18-2006 01:45 PM

Cant wait to see pics hehe :) I Bet shes adorable!

wimaamal 06-18-2006 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwanfan
Great news! Congrats to the parents, Luana, and their families! But hopefully Anita will have a boy so that Claus-Casimir will have a playmate.

Well...if Anita does...it wil not be a full cousin voor CC...
Like Lucas and Samuel he (or she) is not directly related to him...

Lady Jennifer 06-18-2006 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marie_Annemy
I really don't like the names. They are not in the tradition of the Dutch royal house and when I first heard Zaria I thought it was a mistake and they meant Maria!
But my congratulations to the parents! I think Zaria is pronounced as: Zah- ree- ah. That is how a Dutch person like I am would pronounce it.

When I hear Zaria I think of Zara Phillips- that was really my first thought when I heard that name. Its differnt & neat

lucien 06-18-2006 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marezdote
Congrats to the entire Qrange family. I don't like the names though. They seem quite odd to me.

Zaria refers to the Slav(ic) goddess of beauty.:) Since the Princess spends much of her time in the Eastern european countries due to her work,I guess that's where she "picked" the name from.

Wieske_S 06-18-2006 04:01 PM

Congratulations to them! I love the name Zaria. :)

sara1981 06-18-2006 04:05 PM

im really happy for couple have another girl

CASSARD 06-18-2006 04:26 PM

Félicitations!

soCal girl 06-18-2006 04:32 PM

Congratulations! Is it a Dutch tradition to call people by their second name? WA usually goes with Alexander, CA usually goes with Amalia, Johan Friso goes by Friso and now Joanna Zaria! But Zaria is a beautiful name and I hope both baby and mommy are doing well. Also congratulations to Luana for being a big sister!

Eleanor Zara 06-18-2006 05:22 PM

Apparently, Zaria (or Zorya) is the name of the goddess of beauty and of the guardians of the night (aka the Auroras) in Slavic mythology. Wikipedia has some neat information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaria%2C_Slavic and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zorya.

I'm wondering what Milou means and how it's pronounced. I've tried looking it up on various name sites, but so far I've found nothing.

Congrats to Friso, Mabel and Luana! I must say, I'm going to have to get used to the name, lol.

princess olga 06-18-2006 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple_platinum
Congratulations to to Beatrix who now have 5 grand-daughters & only 1 grandson...

erm..make that SIX granddaughters purple platinum! :)
I admit I'm losing count as well:
So there's in order of birth, if I'm correct, Eloise, Amalia, Claus-Casimir, Luana, Alexia, Leonore and now Zaria.

carlota 06-18-2006 05:24 PM

congratulations to the family!

although joanna is not my favourite, i love rest of the names, specially zaria and nicoline... countess zaria sounds great!

they really have a great taste in choosing new, different names and i love it... :)

Avalon 06-18-2006 05:31 PM

ok, I just got what Zaria means - couldn't realize it as it's not a name in Russian. It means "dawn" in Russian (and Slavic languages). I haven't heard of anyone called Zaria but now I know the meaning, it seems more attractive.

Marengo 06-18-2006 05:53 PM

Congratulations to the happy couple, Luana, HM The Queen and mrs Flos Wisse-Smit.

In general I prefer more traditional names, but ok. The other names have some origin as well. HJA on the Benelux royals MB knows from GDP that Joanna is after the father of the Countess, Prince Johan-Friso (IMO which is weird as he dropped the 'Johan' part from his name and is only called prince Friso these days), Nicoline is Mabel's older sister. Milou is short for Marie-Louise whow as the very popular wife of Stadholder Johan-Willem-Friso, Prince of Orange.

I believe Laurentiens brother Marius has a son as well, so Claus-Casimir feels less alone when he visits his mothers family :)

Lila Rose 06-18-2006 06:12 PM

Congratulations to Mabel , Friso and Luana with the birth of baby-sister Zaria
Lovely name I think, and it matches with Luana .
Funny that almost all the grandchildren are born in June : Eloise 8 june , Alexia 26 june , Leonore 3 june and now Zaria 18 june:)

Maxie 06-18-2006 06:49 PM

Congratiulations to the couple and little Luana! I think they chose a perfect name for the child, it's just as weird as Luana, but I think I'll get used to it eventually. :) So many granddaughters for the queen! Poor C-C! :p

princess olga 06-18-2006 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalon
ok, I just got what Zaria means - couldn't realize it as it's not a name in Russian. It means "dawn" in Russian (and Slavic languages). I haven't heard of anyone called Zaria but now I know the meaning, it seems more attractive.

Thanks for looking this up, it makes all the difference in appreciating these kinds of names, I think.

All the same, both Luana and Zaria are the types of names more likely to conjure up images in my mind's eye of va-va-voom characters in computer games than they do of poised sophisticated Eurobred Countesses, but anyway. That's of course not these little girls' doing, and I wish both Zaria and her big sister a long and industrious existence with the hopes they'll take after their paternal grandparents in intelligence and spirit.

That said, I also wish the trend among celebrities to pick these 'out there' monikers for their offspring would cool off a bit..
Also, at the risk of boring you all, as I've doubtlessly said this many times before, but I also wish these Dutch royals would show a preference for traditional Dutch names, which are, internationally speaking, just as original as odd-ball choices like 'Zaria'.

Someone who gets it right, or, has so far three times, is in my opinion, Laurentien. She picked names for her kids that reflect their place in society as grandchildren of a reigning monarch, no less. On the other hand a name like Zaria could, in my view, also easily feature in the family tree of, say, a celebrated soccer player for example (not that there's anything wrong with that..)

stellad 06-18-2006 08:55 PM

Congratulations to the couple...i love the names. It seems as if this generation will have all the girls seeing as the previous generation had all the boys. The Queen and her sisters have quite a few boys between them.

Stellad

christinacg 06-18-2006 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess olga
erm..make that SIX granddaughters purple platinum! :)
I admit I'm losing count as well:
So there's in order of birth, if I'm correct, Eloise, Amalia, Claus-Casimir, Luana, Alexia, Leonore and now Zaria.

the Queens grandchildren have really beautiful names!

puresnow 06-19-2006 01:25 AM

Congratulations !!!!!!
Congrats to the family!

lise 06-19-2006 02:24 AM

Congratulations :)

I was hoping for a boy so Claus-Casimir wouldn't be the only one but it doesn't really matter as long as Zaria is healthy.

Sancia 06-19-2006 03:56 AM

Don't know if it has already been said, but Zaria is the goddess of the beauty in slavic.

yabou 06-19-2006 04:14 AM

I know it has something to do with slavic culture!!!i am not fond of the name ziara. I prefer joanna. They coose good names as first for their children(i love emma too). Their second name are weird like luana and ziara. Milou is weird(it the nickname off a friend Marie-Lou actually). The photos are(i read it in privee) previoused for the 29 of june before the queen goes to Italy. It is said that zaria will join her granny too. I 'm not fond of nicoline too.
Here are nice pics of Mabel:

https://koningshuisvanoranje.web-log.nl/koningshuisvanoranje/jumbo_vi_hobbys_oranjes/index.html

https://koningshuisvanoranje.web-log.nl/koningshuisvanoranje/in_onze_blik_gevangen/index.html

https://koningshuisvanoranje.web-log.nl/koningshuisvanoranje/terugblik_met_/index.html

Brunopress.nl and search porto ercole
Fotovantellingen.nl and search mabel

By the way Ziara was born at 04:12 and she is 3700 grams. Does someone know when mabel was admitted in hospital??????

bonnita 06-19-2006 04:23 AM

Zaria is more of an eastern name, I love it.Very exoctic.

Sira 06-19-2006 05:48 AM

Congatulations to Johann-Friso and Mabel.
I find the names very nice except Milou which reminds me of the name of Tintin's dog!

Eva-Britt 06-19-2006 05:52 AM

Congrats! I like her name!

JessRulz 06-19-2006 06:00 AM

Congratulations to Friso, Mabel & Luana!! :) And of course to the respective families!
A beautiful name, Zaria, very exotic. Different, but in a good way
So this makes it, in a girl to boy ratio of grandchildren of HM the Queen, 6:1. Poor C-C!

antonieta 06-19-2006 12:58 PM

Congratulations to the couple. The name it´s quite exotic. I like it.

tdarlene 06-19-2006 01:38 PM

Congratulation to all the family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Poor of claus-casimir, the only boy...........
the name is quite exotic I really don't know if I like it or not

hvn2299 06-19-2006 03:05 PM

i dont like the name but i bet she will be adorable!!
congrats to her family and the queen!

Kelly 06-19-2006 03:22 PM

Unique name but nice one. Congratulations to the family!

Rebafan81 06-19-2006 09:53 PM

Why do they name the first name but never call them by it. Shouldn't her first name be the one she is called? Didn't they also do this with Luana, isn't that her second name. Is this some kind of tradition?

princess olga 06-19-2006 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebafan81
Why do they name the first name but never call them by it. Shouldn't her first name be the one she is called? Didn't they also do this with Luana, isn't that her second name. Is this some kind of tradition?

It seems to be some sort of family tradition (It certainly isn't Dutch tradition). For example Willem-Alexander uses "Alexander" as his first name. Always has, evidently. Sometimes I notice members of the Forum referring to him as "Willem", where most Duchies are aware he prefers "Alexander". Same deal with "Johan Friso". His de facto first name is 'Friso'. Come to think of it, it seems this tradition started in 1967, with the birth of, yes, Alexander.

BeccaLynn07 06-19-2006 10:24 PM

Congratulations to the couple and their families! Lovely name.

Princess BellyFlop 06-19-2006 10:49 PM

Milou? like Tintin's dog??????

princess olga 06-19-2006 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop

Well, one could certainly do worse ;)
Fyi, in the Dutch translation, Tintin's named Kuifje, and his dog's name is 'Bobby', so perhaps Friso and company weren't aware of this..

Princess Luna 06-20-2006 02:54 AM

Congratulations to the family. I love the name Zaria and Milou:)

Amelie 06-21-2006 12:19 AM

Can we expect the same treatment of this newborn as Leonore? Such as the message board on the Dutch Royal Website and a photoshoot. Or because they are not officially part of the royal house we wont?

kez_1982 06-21-2006 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amelie
Can we expect the same treatment of this newborn as Leonore? Such as the message board on the Dutch Royal Website and a photoshoot. Or because they are not officially part of the royal house we wont?

I'm sure there'll be a photoshoot with the Queen, because when Luana was born there was one, so I guess we'll get to see some pics in about two weeks or so.:D

betina 06-21-2006 05:00 AM

Quote:

And in Denmark the name of tintins dog is Terry.
By the way grats to the happy little familly :)

Jo of Palatine 06-21-2006 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lila Rose
Congratulations to Mabel , Friso and Luana with the birth of baby-sister Zaria
Lovely name I think, and it matches with Luana .
Funny that almost all the grandchildren are born in June : Eloise 8 june , Alexia 26 june , Leonore 3 june and now Zaria 18 june:)

One wonders what annual event is there 9 months before in September.... :D

marine2109 06-21-2006 08:05 PM

congratulations to the family.welcome Zaria!!!

Heidi P. 06-21-2006 10:04 PM

That is great news! I am so happy for this couple.

Jang 06-22-2006 03:32 AM

beautiful name!

Juanita 06-22-2006 08:31 AM

She has my name!!! :D :D :D

Congratulations for the whole family!!

Jose 06-22-2006 10:43 AM

Happy Birthday Mabel have two daughter!!! Queen Beatrix has seven grandchildren and best grandmother have his grandchildren!!!!

Romy 06-22-2006 03:59 PM

Another girl! Congratulations for the family!!!

6 girls and 1 boy among Beatrix' grandchildren - I think little Claus needs some reinforcement ;) ;)

pandora 06-22-2006 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilytornado
Nice! But I think Luana and Joanna would have fit better together... but I guess Zaria is unique and I like it.

I love Zaria. It's so different!:)

pandora 06-22-2006 04:06 PM

Quote:

You are right! That's funny!:o

Marengo 06-22-2006 05:40 PM

HM The Queen saw her granddaughter for the first time today. She went from Belgium immediately to London :)

Pink Tulip 06-22-2006 07:34 PM

Congratulations to Mabel, Friso and Luana! :) I hope we get to see some photos soon!

lynn 06-22-2006 07:57 PM

The names are very unique. I can't wait for the photoshoot. I read in another board that Queen Beatrix is in London already....

NJRedDevils 06-22-2006 09:44 PM

congrats to the whole family

Lostriver 06-25-2006 01:22 AM

Congrats to the family!

Royalsa 07-03-2006 07:05 AM

Pics of Countess Zaria!

New pics of baby Zaria with her sister, parents and of course her grandma Queen Beatrix!!

https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=16279
--> so sweet, the Queen and her granddaughter laughing!!

https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=16282
--> the whole, happy family!

Lena 07-03-2006 07:15 AM

Thank you for the pics Royalsa!

Aaawww, Luana got so cute. A real fun kid (just like cousin Amalia) and Zaria is that what I call "hairy baby"...something that I love. In these pics I also don´t recognise the typical new born Oranje look (which can look a little unfortunate...but grows out usually)

mtbcm 07-03-2006 07:16 AM

Thank you Royalsa.

I want to be Queen Beatrix Grandchild! So many happiness and joy :)...

What a great pictures, parents look fullfilled, little Luana is so funny and beautiful.

I wish them all happiness in the world!

Regards,
mtbcm :)

johann 07-03-2006 07:33 AM

Hey Royalsa, great pics. Luana is such a cutie. She reminds me of Astrid Lindgren´s famous little Emil. Truly a little rascal. And Beatrix is for sure a very happy Granny.

JessRulz 07-03-2006 07:55 AM

Thanks for the pics Royalsa!
Luana is a real cutie! And Zaria has a real head of hair, just like her sister did!
I wonder if it will go lighter like Luana's did?

Lucidu 07-03-2006 08:16 AM

Thanks for the pics!!!:)

Sancia 07-03-2006 08:45 AM

It's obvious the Queen love her grand-daughters, her son and daughter-in-law!

LaChicaMadrilena 07-03-2006 09:32 AM

Thank you very much for the pictures! Little Zaria is a cutie and Luana is already such a funny toodler!

Larzen 07-03-2006 09:38 AM

What adorable photos. The dutch really do take wonderful official photos theese days, so full of life and happiness. Are the taken in London? I especially love the first one

I hosted the pictures for the future, from the Dutch Royal Web
https://img121.imagevenue.com/loc7/th...2_download.jpg https://img155.imagevenue.com/loc79/t...1_download.jpg

purple_platinum 07-03-2006 09:51 AM

What a really great family pictures... i really like the one of Beatrix with Luana & Zaria.. little Luana is so expressive... well, i'm really glad they still released pictures of the baby.

i noticed Dutch RF photos are very expressive these days.. they all look so joyful at Leonore's photos, and now Zaria's photos are simply adorable.

Yes, Larzen, it was said that Queen Beatrix flew to London to visit the her new grand-daughter..

Sancia 07-03-2006 09:55 AM

It seems Luana has the same eyes than her cousin Amalia.

Marengo 07-03-2006 09:57 AM

Thanks for the pictures.
I must say that Mabel looks MUCH better with the extra babyweight in her face, I hope she will keep it.

I just love the picture of Luana and the Queen laughing out loud, the Queen must really enjoy her new role as grandmother.

Maxie 07-03-2006 10:14 AM

How cute Luana is! Seems she's great friends with Beatrix. And Zaria is so little, just adorable! And I agree with Marengo, Mabel looks good with the extra weight and Friso, well he smiles! :p Lovely pics!

Alexandria 07-03-2006 11:14 AM

Thank you for the pictures Royalsa! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo
I just love the picture of Luana and the Queen laughing out loud, the Queen must really enjoy her new role as grandmother.

I love this picture, too! Luana and the Queen both seem to be reacting to something behind the camera and it's funny that grandma and granddaughter both have similar facial expressions!

Amidst all the political strife currently, the Queen must revel in her role as being a grandmother to all these wee ones.

I have also noticed that in the last several months a certain "joie de vivre" that has returned to Queen Beatrix, where the smiles and the laughs seem to come from inside of her. No doubt the grandchildren has helped to ease the pain of losing her husband and her parents.

Adry 07-03-2006 11:16 AM

Luana seems to be very frisky and active..soo blond..such a little cuttie..nice family and all of them pretty happy..:)

mardam 07-03-2006 11:37 AM

Good to see queen and grandmother Beatrix so happy again.

kwanfan 07-03-2006 11:49 AM

What sweet pictures! Luana seems very sweet and excited and Zaria certainly has a full head of hair. Love the first pic with both Luana and Beatrix laughing.