The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f241/)
-   -   Prince Carl Philip, Current Events Part 1: November 2002 - August 2004 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f241/prince-carl-philip-current-events-part-1-november-2002-august-2004-a-10.html)

Josefine 11-08-2002 12:50 PM

Prince Carl Philip, Current Events Part 1: November 2002 - August 2004

Name; Carl Philip Edmund Bertil

Title; Prince of Sweden, Duke of Värmland

Born; on May 13, 1979 at the Royal Palace, Stockholm.

Family; Prince Carl Philip is the second eldest child of His Majesty King Carl XVI Gustaf and Her Majesty Queen Silvia. He has two sisters, Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine

Residence; at Drottningholm Palace since 1982.

Confirmed; in the summer of 1994 at Vadstena Church, after confirmation studies in Medevi.

School; During the period 1984-86, Prince Carl Philip attended the Västerled parish preschool. In the autumn of 1986, he started school at Smedslättsskolan in Bromma which he attended at junior level. For the intermediate level, the Prince attended Ålstensskolan in Bromma, proceeding from there, in the autumn of 1992, to senior level at Enskilda Gymnasiet in Stockholm. In the autumn of 1994 Prince Carl Philip started at the private school Kent in Connecticut, USA, where he spent two years. The Prince then followed a science programme at Lundsberg upper secondary school. He matriculated in the spring of 1999.

Military; The Prince has completed his military service at the Amphibious Batallion at Vaxholm's Coast Artillery Regiment as a combat boat commander (combat boat 90) in the autumn of 2000. For the time being the Prince will now fulfil an education to become a naval officer in the Swedish Navy.

Some facts; In accordance with the 1979 Act of Succession which entered into force on January 1, 1980, Prince Carl Philip is second in the line of succession, next to Crown Princess Victoria

Source

https://www.royalcourt.se/net/Royal+Court

Josefine 11-09-2002 04:10 PM

from

www.eharlequin.com
https://www.eharlequin.com/harl/magaz...l/81mfer31.htm

Prince Carl Philip of Sweden

Even though he's male, Prince Carl Philip of Sweden won't become king of his country. That's because the progressive Swedes decided that the oldest child born to the monarch, regardless of gender, will be next in line to the throne. Since his sister Victoria was born first, she'll reign as Queen one day. But all isn't lost for Carl. He's grown into a very good looking young man and, despite his line in the Swedish succession, he's still quite a royal catch.

Carl Philip Edmund Bertil (thank goodness that Bertil wasn't his first name!) was born to King Carl Gustaf XVI and Queen Silvia on May 13, 1979 at the Royal Palace in Stockholm. His official titles are Prince of Sweden and Duke of Varmland. As part of his military service, he recently returned from a 166-day stint with the Swedish royal navy on the HMS Carlskrona, a ship that visited Chile, Puerto Rico, Argentina, South Africa, and Greece, among others. He is training to become a combat-boat commander. His navy service has taken him out of the spotlight in the last few months, probably a welcome break from media attention. But his tour of duty meant that he had to miss his sister Princess Madeleine's graduation from high school and Sweden's National Day festivities. On the official royal web site, his interests are listed as outdoor life, swimming, skiing, and football, which probably means he likes soccer.

As for his love life, in January of this year he took the bold step of admitting to a relationship with a girl by the name of Emma Pernauld, a commoner who works for a publicity agency (what's up with the Swedish royals and their PR partners?). The couple was photographed together last summer while they were on vacation in St. Tropez, on the south coast of France, and they've been photographed in public on a couple of other occasions.

When a reporter from Expressen, the Swedish publication, asked him if he was involved with Emma, he replied with a resounding, "Yes." When the reporter then asked if he was going to have time for his girlfriend while fulfilling his military duties, he said that he would figure it out. How sweet! We'll have to keep an eye on this one!

Josefine 12-19-2002 11:25 AM

3 Attachment(s)
1. The Football Prince

2. A good looking prince

www.alloverpress.dk

2003-01-22

Josefine 02-21-2003 09:04 AM

Swedish Prince Carl Philip to move to own flat

Thu Feb 20,11:48 AM ET

STOCKHOLM, Sweden - Swedish Prince Carl Philip is leaving home and will move to an apartment of his own in the spring, the Royal Court said Thursday.

The 23-year-old prince, second in line to the throne after his older sister Crown Princess Victoria, will move to a flat opposite the Royal Castle in Stockholm's Old Town, court spokeswoman Catherine Broms said.

It is not the first time the prince will live on his own. While training as a naval officer in Karlskrona, 400 kilometers (250 miles) south of Stockholm, he lived in several apartments.

Broms said she did not know when he will move. "It will be sometime during the spring," she said.

The prince's girlfriend, Emma Pernald, likely will not move in with the prince, Broms said. She lives in a flat in another part of the city.

Earlier this year, the prince's other sister, 20-year-old Princess Madeleine, said she also wanted to live on her own. She is the youngest of King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia's three children, and her parents said they wanted to keep her home a little longer.

Carl Philip will study graphic design in the spring.

AP

Josefine 05-02-2003 12:47 PM

10 Attachment(s)
pictures from www.ibl.se

Josefine 05-02-2003 03:23 PM

4 Attachment(s)
pictures from www.ibl.se

Josefine 05-07-2003 09:58 AM

12 Attachment(s)
pictures from https://alloverpress.dk

Alexandra 05-10-2003 07:18 PM

:rolleyes: Oh, yes, isn´t he really very handsome!

Yennie 05-13-2003 04:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy birthday! Lets all post our favourite pics of this cutie ;)

Josefine 05-13-2003 04:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
today its the prince 24th birthday

picture from www.ibl.se

Yennie 05-13-2003 11:24 AM

2 Attachment(s)
a baby picture.. very cute =)

Carl Philip, Victoria and Madeleine in 1992

Gita 05-13-2003 04:18 PM

Yennie, that lovely photo you posted of Madeleine and Carl Philip, do you know when and which event it was taken at?

Many thanks. :flower:

Yennie 05-13-2003 05:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by Gita@May 13th, 2003 - 3:18 pm
Yennie, that lovely photo you posted of Madeleine and Carl Philip, do you know when and which event it was taken at?

Many thanks. :flower:
Yes, that picture was taken at the birthday party of Agnetha Kreuger. She´s the mother of Crownprincess Victorias best friend Caroline and one of queen Silvias best friends.
All guest were given a camera and somehow one camera was "stolen" and the pictures released to the public... The royal family was very upset about this...

I think the date was march 2001 or 2002. I´m not sure... but I´ll get back to you on that one =)'

here´s two more pics from that day...

Caroline and Charlotte Kreuger with princess Madeleine

Josefine 05-20-2003 12:12 PM

4 Attachment(s)
picture from www.ibl.se

germen state visit 2003-05-20

picture from www.ibl.se

www.ibl.se

Polfoto 20-05-2003

Manuela 05-27-2003 09:41 AM

HI Josefine!Thanks for the pictures , some are great. It must be a lot of work to find them. I`m not really a big fan of prince Carl Philip , but the picture , where you wrote a good looking prince it affected me to much. I wonder how he looks like in real life and one time i´d like to meet him.

Josefine 05-31-2003 06:03 AM

8 Attachment(s)
www.corbis.com

FIRST COMMUNION OF PRINCE CARL PHILIP OF SWEDEN

www.corbis.com

PRINCE CARL PHILIP OF SWEDEN CELEBRATES FINAL EXAM

www.corbis.com

www.corbis.com

www.corbis.com

www.corbis.com

www.corbis.com

Yennie 06-18-2003 03:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
an old picture of Carl Philip and his daddy

Alexandria 07-01-2003 08:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
www.rexfeatures.com - The 65th birthday reception for Prince Leopold, Rottach Egern, Germany, 28 June 2003

Josefine 07-02-2003 02:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
text and pictures from www.aftonbladet.se

Carl Philips flickvän Emma svårt skadad

Carl Philips flickvän Emma Pernald skadades svårt vid en olycka på Sandhamn i Stockholms skärgård.
När hon hoppade från bryggan till kungens båt ramlade hon och fick en stålvajer över ögat.
Utan syn på ena ögat fördes hon tillsammans med prinsen i ambulanshelikopter till Karolinska sjukhuset.

- Hon slog i huvudet ganska rejält och drabbades av en hjärnskakning, säger hennes mamma Pamela Pernald till Expressen.
Olyckan inträffade vid lunchtid i går. Prins Carl Philip hade tillsammans med sin flickvän Emma Pernald åkt till Sandhamn med kungens havskryssare Ancylus II av Lovön.
Carl Philip och Emma Pernald hade precis lagt till och gick för att äta på Sandhamns Seglarhotell. Emma kom ihåg att hon hade glömt något i båten och gick tillbaka.
När hon skulle hoppa från bryggan föll hon och slog i huvudet. En stålvajer träffade henne över ögat.

Svårt illamående
Carl Philip och flera turister skyndade fram för att hjälpa Emma.
- Jag kom in till bryggan precis när det hade hänt, prinsen och hans sällskap var där. Min son berättade att det var Emma som var skadad, berättar ett ögonvittne.
Läkare konstaterade att hon hade tappat synen på ena ögat och var svårt illamående. En ambulanshelikopter tillkallades.
- De fick hjälpa henne in i helikoptern, säger en seglare.
Prins Carl Philip följde med sin flickvän i helikoptern till Karolinska sjukhuset i Solna. Där konstaterade neurologläkare att hon drabbats av en hjärnskakning.
Sent i går kväll kunde Emma Pernald ringa sin mamma Pamela Pernald.
- Hon mådde inte bra, och var rejält trött. Men hon hade fått tillbaka synen. Nu måste hon vila ut, säger Pamela Pernald.
Hovets informationschef Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg:
- Emma Pernald mår efter omständigheterna bra.
Emma Pernald fick i går lämna sjukhuset och vilade i natt ut i sin bostad i centrala Stockholm.

Emma got hurt in a boat accident she fell when she was going of the boat that Carl Philip has load from his father. She was rushed to the hospital with a helicopter.

She could go home later that night but she did not feel well at all her mother told the paper, also the court said that she did not feel good but she is now resting in her home in Stockholm.

Ill try to translate more later.

Josefine 07-02-2003 02:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
www.rexfeatures.com

Josefine 07-02-2003 02:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have been thinking is it common that the court talks about the children girlfriends/boyfriends ?
I hope that we will soon see a prince wedding in Sweden

Polfoto 28-06-2003 - Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden stands together with her sister Princess Madeleine and her brother Prince Carl Philip at Prince Leopold of Bavaria's birthday party in Rottach-Egern, Germany, 28 June 2003. Prince Leopold, or Poldi as his friends call him, invited royals and important people from film and economy to celebrate his 60th birthday with him. He turned 60 on 21 June 2003. Prince Leopold and the Swedish royals are closely connected. Leopold is Prince Philip's godfather.

Lena 07-02-2003 04:03 PM

I consider that as strange too. And maybe I´m wrong, but in the case of crown princess Victoria the court even didn´t admit/affirm any boyfriend until now. If we would believe them, Victoria is single since 10 years.
I would love a prince-wedding in sweden too, but I fear that the royal children won´t marry before thirty.

Oh, prince carl-philip is so handsome. Although it´s not really possible to compare a man with a woman, I´ve to say, that now Carl-Philip is the best looking member of the swedish Royal family!
And it´s now time again for my "Isn´t prince Frederik´s Mary looking like.....XY"-competition. Until now I´ve mentioned Alexia of Greece and Jennifer Aniston...but after the newest pics of "cousin" Carl-Philip and his Emma, I noticed that there´s a lot of Emma in Mary (or vice versa) :woot:

Yennie 07-09-2003 12:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Isn´t he just sooo cute in this picture ?! He looked right into my camera :rolleyes:

Josefine 07-14-2003 06:43 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Polfoto 14-07-2003

Polfoto 14-07-2003

www.ibl.se

www.ibl.se

www.ibl.se

www.ibl.se

Josefine 08-03-2003 03:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
--------

--------

Alexandria 08-03-2003 06:33 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Polfoto 31-07-2003 **EXCLUSIVE** Swedish Prince Carl Philip, his girlfriend Emma Pernald and the faithful dog Gela are spending a couple of summer weeks on an island off the Swedish west coast. Living in Emma's childhood summer cottage, they spend the days scuba diving and sailing.

Josefine 08-04-2003 08:15 AM

is this the first time they allow a camera take their pictures like this,, I have not seen any pictures like this before

Yennie 08-04-2003 10:19 AM

Neither have I.. the only pics I´ve seen of them before are taken in a more "paparazzi" kind of way

Nice to see that they´re more open about their relationship now. They´ve been a couple for 4 years , right?

Julia 08-04-2003 01:32 PM

Could this be a sign that their relationship is getting more serious?

Carl Philip is a very appealing and likeable looking person as is Emma.

Alexandria 08-04-2003 02:39 PM

Maybe these photos are Carl Philip and Emma's way of getting the press to back off. Invite them to a proper photo session so that they won't have to sneak around and get photos of the couple on their holidays, putting an effective end to the paprazzi photos.

Or maybe it is their way of paving the way for Emma's acceptance into the royal family in the eyes of the public. Sort of a learning ground for Emma so that she will know what kind of pressures she will have to deal with.

O/T is the press as bad in Sweden with their royal families as the British press are with theirs?

Yennie 08-04-2003 03:21 PM

Quote:

O/T is the press as bad in Sweden with their royal families as the British press are with theirs
Not at all.
When the royal children were little the press only paid attention to them on official occasions and at things like the end of the school year and the yearly photocall at Solliden. But they were left alone most of the time. The royal family had close contact with the press and everyone were "pleased"

But lately the press has been more "on". Many paparazzi pics has been released, like the one of Victoria and Daniel kissing last summer. The royal family, especially Crownprincess Victoria is very upset about that

Alexandria 08-04-2003 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Yennie@Aug 4th, 2003 - 3:21 pm
Quote:

O/T is the press as bad in Sweden with their royal families as the British press are with theirs.
Not at all.

When the royal children were little the press only paid attention to them on official occasions and at things like the end of the school year and the yearly photocall at Solliden. But they were left alone most of the time. The royal family had close contact with the press and everyone were "pleased"

But lately the press has been more "on". Many paparazzi pics has been released, like the one of Victoria and Daniel kissing last summer. The royal family, especially Crownprincess Victoria is very upset about that.

Thanks for replying, Yennie.

I think other than the British press, the press of the other countries seem to be pretty respectful of their royal families. They seem to keep a good distance and take photos only at established photo calls. But when it comes to romantic relationships, I am finding that the press is straying further and further away from that respectful line. Take for example Frederik and Mary, Felipe and any woman he is linked with, all the hoopla surrouding Haakon and Mette-Marit before their wedding and any men Madeline and Victoria are linked with. I imagine it will only worsen in time, all backed by the public's hunger and "need" to know about the private lives of royals.

Yennie 08-04-2003 05:22 PM

Quote:

I imagine it will only worsen in time, all backed by the public's hunger and "need" to know about the private lives of royals
Yes, thats true... I think we´ve only seen the begining

Josefine 08-10-2003 03:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
www.expressen.se/

Alexandria 08-11-2003 08:32 PM

5 Attachment(s)
www.rexfeatures.com

www.rexfeatures.com

www.rexfeatures.com

www.rexfeatures.com

www.rexfeatures.com

Josefine 08-12-2003 04:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
https://visor.korpapress.com

Josefine 08-19-2003 05:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Prince Carl Philip, his girlfriend Emma Pernald and some friends in St. Maxime - 20030819

colourpress.com

St. Maxime, France - Prince Carl Philip, his girlfriend Emma Pernald and some friends enjoy a day on the sea with the kings yacht Polaris

Alexandria 09-01-2003 02:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
www.korpa.com - EL PRINCIPE CARLOS FELIPE DE SUECIA, PASA UNAS ROMANTICAS VACACIONES EN SAINT TROPEZ CON SU NOVIA , EMMA PERNALD Y UN GRUPO DE AMIGOS NO CREDIT. 48795-7 / ©KORPA 19/08/03 SAINT TROPEZ

Josefine 09-01-2003 03:34 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Saint-Tropez-France. 18/08/2003. Carl-Philipp of Sweden the son of the King and the queen of Sweden is in St-Tropez on the boat of his parents with some friends and perhaps his girlfriend.

NO CREDIT

NO CREDIT

NO CREDIT

NO CREDIT

NO CREDIT

Gita 09-02-2003 10:51 AM

What is Prince Carl Philip doing at the moment education wise? I know during the spring of this year he studied Graphic Design as a design school but do anyone know what he will do from this autumn?

Thanks, Gita. ;)

Yennie 09-02-2003 12:39 PM

I think he still studies graphic design at Forsbergs school in Stockholm...

Helen88 09-09-2003 02:27 PM

OK, this might be a stupid question to ask...but what do you learn when you study graphic design?

And I agree, he DOES look good...

Alexandria 09-09-2003 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Helen88@Sep 9th, 2003 - 2:27 pm
OK, this might be a stupid question to ask...but what do you learn when you study graphic design?

And I agree, he DOES look good...

My brother is taking graphic design at college and there are different levels to it. His training will be geared to design for the internet, so designing web pages and stuff like that. But at my work (a magazine) our art director also took graphic design but she specialized in print materials, so designing page layouts for newspapers, magazines, PR notes and packages, stationary, cards, posters, etc.

I don't know what exactly Carl Phillip is studying in particular in the field of graphic design though.

Yennie 09-10-2003 10:45 AM

Here´s a picture of Carl Philip that I hadn´t seen before.. Its from 1998 and was taken in Karlstad, close to Lundsberg where the prince went to school

"Prins Carl Philip besökte Karlstad och Biskopsgården på sin 19:åriga födelsedag, den 13 maj. Han träffade biskopen, i all enkelhet, för att få information om kyrkolivet i stiftet eftersom han går i skola här och är hertig av Värmland"
https://www.svenskakyrkan.se/karlstad...r/SB5_9811.JPG

Yennie 09-12-2003 09:21 AM

Victoria, Madeleine and Carl Philip will not attend Daniel Westlings birthday party tonight. Due to the situation in Sweden after foreign minister Anna Lindhs was murdered on wednesday the royal children have decided to stay at home.
The party is still on though and many friends of Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine will attend the celebrations at a restaurant in Stockholm.
---

Lena 09-12-2003 10:04 AM

Why doesn´t Daniel make his party at a more suitable date now? Isn´t strange that he will celebrate his birthday-party without his girlfriend?!

Helen88 09-12-2003 01:46 PM

Well, the whole thing was already planned and arranged...I think.
But I think it´s really good not to go there now because what would that look like if whole Sweden is mourning and the representatives go partying?

Yennie 09-13-2003 05:29 AM

Now the party is cancelled...

Josefine 09-16-2003 02:12 AM

9 Attachment(s)
www.lifepress.com

www.lifepress.com

www.lifepress.com

www.lifepress.com

-----

--------

from september 16

www.aftonbladet.se

Josefine 09-18-2003 11:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
take a look what i found carl philip speaking......

Josefine 09-19-2003 03:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Närvaro vid föreställning av Verids Requieml, Operan 2003-09-16 Prins Carl Philip

IBL Bildbyrå

IBL

Josefine 09-20-2003 07:51 PM

Prince Carl Philip Current Events Part 2 (September 2003-April 2004)

1 Attachment(s)
Lets start a new great thread

Yennie 09-26-2003 03:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okej då =), they do look cute together...

Josefine 09-29-2003 03:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
2003-09-16

Josefine 10-06-2003 06:23 AM

the prince will with his family take part of the comming state visit from Jordan
and he will also have a royal duty october 9th
at the royal palace

Lena 10-09-2003 06:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Carl-Philip cleaning

Carl-Philip-I´m not sure about the year

Carl-Philip and Emma 2000

Alva 10-10-2003 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lena@Oct 9th, 2003 - 5:35 pm
Carl-Philip cleaning
:lol: Sorry, it´s fun when you know what he is really doing ( I don´t meen to make fun of you): You´re supposed to put a coin in the statue for good luck, so he´s not cleaning...

Josefine 10-10-2003 11:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The prince looks Buff

Lena 10-10-2003 11:50 AM

But I remember photos of Carl-Philip cleaning the statue and it was quite clear :unsure: .. maybe he has just put a coin in the statue after the cleaning, because it doesn´t kicked against him during the procedure :P

Yennie 10-10-2003 02:54 PM

Quote:

You´re supposed to put a coin in the statue for good luck, so he´s not cleaning...
true, he´s putting a coin in the statue. I remember reading that article a couple of years ago. It´s such a funny picture :P

Alexandria 10-11-2003 01:28 AM

12 Attachment(s)
1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12. ibl bildbyrå snabb och personlig, svenska utländska digitala bilder - Members of royal family of Sweden in Sainte-Maxime with friends. Prince Carl Philip ©KCS PRESSE - Sainte-Maxime le 19/08/2003 - N¡ 2003081929

3, 5. ibl bildbyrå snabb och personlig, svenska utländska digitala bilder - Members of royal family of Sweden in Sainte-Maxime with friends. Emma Pernald ©KCS PRESSE - Sainte-Maxime le 19/08/2003 - N¡ 2003081929

9, 10. ibl bildbyrå snabb och personlig, svenska utländska digitala bilder - Members of royal family of Sweden in Sainte-Maxime with friends. Prince Carl Philip, Emma Pernald ©KCS PRESSE - Sainte-Maxime le 19/08/2003 - N¡ 2003081929

Josefine 10-23-2003 05:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Amaranterbalen, Stockholms stadshus 00-04-08 Prins Carl Philip och drottning Silvia

IBL Bildbyrå

hrhcp 10-24-2003 10:00 AM

https://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/stor...,380368,00.html

Prince Carl Philip shot 4 elk in two days of hunting. Did he have better luck than his father who only managed one elk ?

I heard that Ari Behn also shot an elk ... could someone tell me if Ari was a guest of King Carl Gustaf ?

Yennie 11-03-2003 10:43 AM

Carl Philip "Skabbig" på café

Är det dags att höja apanaget till kungahuset? Frågan känns brännande efter att Mingels utsände såg Carl Philip äta en bit mat med några vänner på krogen Tures i Sturegallerian i Stockholm. Carl Philip såg verkligen ut att komma direkt från gatan. Orakad sen en vecka tillbaka och i en djup smutsblå keps satt han och smörjde kråset. När det var dags att betala notan, fiskade en vän genast upp notan för hela sällskapet. Carl Philip sträckte sig inte ens efter sin plånbok.

www.mingel.se

hrhcp 11-03-2003 11:44 AM

Quote:

Yennie  Posted: Nov 3rd, 2003 - 10:43 am

Carl Philip "Skabbig" på café

Är det dags att höja apanaget till kungahuset? Frågan känns brännande efter att Mingels utsände såg Carl Philip äta en bit mat med några vänner på krogen Tures i Sturegallerian i Stockholm. Carl Philip såg verkligen ut att komma direkt från gatan. Orakad sen en vecka tillbaka och i en djup smutsblå keps satt han och smörjde kråset. När det var dags att betala notan, fiskade en vän genast upp notan för hela sällskapet. Carl Philip sträckte sig inte ens efter sin plånbok.

And that means ?

- a change of plans ?

Yennie 11-04-2003 10:34 AM

no, no ;)

It says that Carl Philip had dinner at a restaurant and looked very "skabbig" (can´t translate it, but he hadn´t shaved and wore a dirty cap.
The article says that he looked like he "came right from the street".
And when he and his friends had finished the meal he didn´t pay, a friend did.

hrhcp 11-04-2003 10:51 AM

Quote:

Alexandria  Posted: Oct 11th, 2003 - 12:33 am

www.ibl.se - Members of royal family of Sweden in Sainte-Maxime with friends. Prince Carl Philip ©KCS PRESSE - Sainte-Maxime le 19/08/2003 - N¡ 2003081929

I can't figure out how what Carl Philip is doing here,
... how does it relate to the Heimlich Manoveur ? :innocent:

Alexandria 11-04-2003 08:26 PM

10 Attachment(s)
ibl bildbyrå snabb och personlig, svenska utländska digitala bilder - Prins Carl Philip besöker Motormännens riksförbund 2003-11-03

hrhcp 11-04-2003 09:00 PM

Quote:

Alexandria  Posted: Nov 4th, 2003 - 8:26 pm
www.ibl.se - Prins Carl Philip besöker Motormännens riksförbund 2003-11-03

Does Prince Carl Philip share his father's passion in sports cars ????

Yennie 11-05-2003 06:15 AM

Yes he does. Both the King and Carl Philip are very interested in cars...

btw, I think Carl Philip looks very cute in the pictures ;)

Alexandria 11-05-2003 06:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Polfoto 05-11-2003. West Tunhem. Sweden's King Carl VXI Gustaf and Prince Carl Philip during Wednesday annual elk hunting in Hunneberg south of Gotenburg.

Josefine 11-15-2003 03:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by Josefine@Nov 7th, 2003 - 3:09 pm
To 13/11

Närvaro vid Värmländska Akademiens högtidssammankomst
Karlstad

Will be in Karlstad as duke of Värmland

------

Alexandria 11-17-2003 02:19 PM

I don't know much about the Swedish royal family, but perhaps others can tell me a bit about Emma like her family background, how she and Carl Phillip met and how long they've been together?

I read somewhere on this board that someone felt that Carl Phillip and Emma seemed like a couple more balanced in power than other royal couples, like Frederik and Mary or Felipe and Letizia. From the pictures I've seen of Carl Phillip and Emma, I very much agree.

Yennie 11-18-2003 05:56 AM

Emma Pernald was born 1979 in Gothenburg and has a very "normal" background. She and Carl Philip met in the summer of 1999 during a sailing trip and they have been together since.

Josefine 11-23-2003 09:04 AM

Question about the Danish Wedding and Prince Carl Philips birthday

The wedding is on May 14 and Prince Carl Philips birthday is May 13
Do you think the Swedish royal family will celebrate him in Denmark or will they arrive just for the church and not all the events before the wedding?

Or will Carl Philip celebrate his birthday with friends and Emma in Sweden and not his family in Denmark

Any thoughts

Alexandria 11-23-2003 09:14 AM

I don't see why if he attends the wedding he couldn't celebrate his birthday with his family and his friends either a couple of days before or a couple of days after. Yes, he was born on May 13 and that is his special day, but that doesn't mean he hast to celebrate it on that day.

hrhcp 11-23-2003 01:03 PM

He's lucky, that in 2004 the 13th is not on Friday.

There were a number of years where I wasn't too receptive of being reminded of a birthday (where I got a year older). How about we suggest to the Royal Court they 'forget' his birthday ?

Josefine 11-23-2003 02:00 PM

he turns 25

There will probably be no public event for Carl Philip but I would think he would like to celebrate his 25th birthday close to the day he was born so he may have a party with family and friends a week earlier or the weekend after felipes wedding
Wonder if other roylas would celebrate him, or that may take focus from Mary

Alexandria 11-30-2003 06:47 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Imagine Scandinavia - Stockholm, Sverige. Prince Carl Philip of Sweden seen here tonight in the Stockholm Globe Arena at the Stockholm Horse Show handing out the Carl Philip Prize to 2003's winner Amanda Kjellberg, Sweden.

5. A very nice, strong profile of Carl Phillip ...

Josefine 12-03-2003 09:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
the prince did this CD cover for his mothers CD as a birthday present
what do you think of it

La Chen 12-03-2003 01:21 PM

WOW, nice Design, but did he did it by himself or he pay someone?

Lena 12-03-2003 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by La Chen@Dec 3rd, 2003 - 1:21 pm
WOW, nice Design, but did he did it by himself or he pay someone?
He did it. He´s attending a "design school".

Josefine 12-03-2003 05:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Prince Carl Philip of Sweden presents a trophy, 14 September 2003 after the final of the mens FIBA 2003 European basketball championships between Lithuania and Spain at the Globe arena in Stockholm, Sweden

Swedish Prince Carl Philip looks up as the Swedish flag is raised, from behind his sister Princess Madeleine (L) with Queen Sylvia and King Karl Gustav ® next to them during National Day celebrations at the Skansen park in Stockholm 06 June 2003

March 18, 2000

www.gettyimages.com

Josefine 12-06-2003 09:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
long time ago someone asked me if there was any black and white pictures of carl philip i could not find any so i made some

-------

Josefine 12-19-2003 02:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
www.aftonbladet.se

La Chen 12-19-2003 09:59 PM

Sorry, but i had not time to read till today and Lena said that he was studying Graphic Design? well i never read something like this before, i thought he was only studying for some military grade, since when he is in this school? and where? , i'm curious because now i consider him collegue ;D!!!

Yennie 12-28-2003 02:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
some summer memories :P

with a "mystery girl"

on daddys boat in St Maxime

Lena 12-28-2003 04:00 PM

I guess the last pictures are from 2003. I remember that AFTONBLADET (or EXPRESSEN-at least it was one of my 2 favourite tabloids :P ) had an articlce, about Carl-Philips new muscular shape (and of course brother-in-law Daniel :muscles: II was mentioned as reason for this)...but I don´t think that he looks really trained-at least not more than in the times of his military-training...he looks rather, as if he has got a slight stomach...which is IMO a good thing, I don´t like such terrible "steely"/hard men-bellies!

Josefine 01-02-2004 09:38 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine - 2003-12-19 - colourpress.com - colour the world with photos ... EXCLUSIVE

Jukkasjaervi, Sweden - The swedish royal family celebrated part of the queens 60 year birthday-anniversary at the icehotel in Jukkasjaervi. Photo: Kenneth Paulsson

Cissan 01-06-2004 03:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
New interview with Carl Philip

It basically says that he's in a swedish spa, taking a vacation with Emma and that Madeleine and Jonas has joined them. Carl Philip says that he's taken a facial treatment that lasted for two hours which was a new experience for him. He's got his own winter house in Sunne (where he's vacationing right now) and he likes to go there to relax. He thinks it's OK to be so acknowledged by the press, but Madeleine has felt hunted sometimes. Right now he's deciding what he wants to do with his life.

Vinter-prinsen

Foto: FOTO: MATS STRAND

SUNNE.
Han är ständigt påpassad och igenkänd.
Nu berättar prins Carl Philip för första gången om hur det känns att alltid leva i rampljuset.
- Det blir betydligt mer uppmärksamhet kring mig när jag är utanför Stockholm, säger han.
Efter sitt nyårsfirande i Stockholm är prins Carl Philip och flickvännen Emma Pernald på vintersemester i de värmländska skogarna utanför Sunne.
I fredags fick de sällskap av prinsessan Madeleine och hennes pojkvän Jonas Bergström.
På Selma Lagerlöfs spa njöt gänget av flera exklusiva skönhetsbehandlingar. Samtidigt som Madeleine bäddades in i lera fick Carl Philip en lyxig ansiktsbehandling - som pågick i nästan två timmar.
- Det var första gången jag gjorde nåt sånt, ha ha. Men det kändes bra, berättar han för Aftonbladet.

Prinsens eget lantställe
Vi träffas utanför prinsens eget lantställe en bit utanför Sunne. Fastigheten, med fem sovrum, fick hertigen av Värmland som tioåring och från den har man en fantastisk utsikt över de natursköna omgivningarna.
Under en skogspromenad förklarar Carl Philip hur mycket platsen betyder för honom.
- Det är ett avslappningsställe. Det är skönt att bara få vara här och ta det lugnt, även om det inte blir så ofta, säger han.

Van vid uppmärksamheten
Kändisskapet har prinsen fått leva med sen födseln. Carl Philip är van vid uppmärksamheten och berättar att han tycker att både han och systrarna försöker vara schysta och ställa upp för media.
Men det finns undantag:
- Madeleine upplever det ibland som att hon blir jagad, och det är inte så roligt"
Att alltid befinna sig i fokus och ständigt vara påpassad, hur känns det?
- I Stockholm, där människor är vana, respekterar man mig och det blir inte en sån jätteaffär av det. Det blir en större grej när jag dyker upp på landsbygden, säger han.
I höstas avslutade Carl Philip sin distansutbilding på Forsbergs designskola i Stockholm.
- Jag håller på att testa vad jag vill göra nu, än så länge har jag inte bestämt mig.

Alexandria 01-06-2004 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cissan@Jan 6th, 2004 - 3:36 am
New interview with Carl Philip

It basically says that he's in a swedish spa, taking a vacation with Emma and that Madeleine and Jonas has joined them. Carl Philip says that he's taken a facial treatment that lasted for two hours which was a new experience for him. He's got his own winter house in Sunne (where he's vacationing right now) and he likes to go there to relax. He thinks it's OK to be so acknowledged by the press, but Madeleine has felt hunted sometimes. Right now he's deciding what he wants to do with his life.

Thank you for this latest interview and summary Cissan.

What I like about Carl Phillip (superficialities aside, of course! ;) ) is how down to earth he seems. He seems to have accepted that there will always be a certain level of public interest in his life and at least meets the press half way on this -- which I'm sure makes his life easier in some ways, too. And he seems to be very family oriented in terms of being protective of his sisters, especially Madeline, and in keeping his life with Emma private and protecting her, too.

The Swedish King and Queen are very blessed and lucky to have children who are pretty scandal-free and dutiful to their roles and obligations. Victoria, Carl Phillip and Madeline, all in their 20s have lead pretty clean, unscandalous lives.

Dennism 01-06-2004 07:27 PM

Thanks for the interview, Cissan. I have to say that he's a pretty cool guy.

"And he seems to be very family oriented in terms of being protective of his sisters, especially Madeline, and in keeping his life with Emma private and protecting her, too."

Bravo to him for that as well. He's a real gentleman.

Alexandria 01-07-2004 07:53 PM

8 Attachment(s)
1 to 5) IBL - Företräde för 25 internationella studenter från SIYSS (Stocholm International Youth Sience Seminar) Stockholm Slott 2003-12-09 Kronprinsessan Victoria and Prins Carl Phillip

6 to 8) IBL - Prins Carl Philip besöker Motormännens riksförbund 2003-11-03

Dennism 01-13-2004 03:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Företräde för 25 internationella studenter från SIYSS (Stocholm International Youth Sience Seminar) Stockholm Slott 2003-12-09 Kronprinsessan Victoria and Prins Carl Phillip

Alexandria 01-16-2004 02:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Kiruna flygplats 2003-12-19 Prince Carl Phillip

Dennism 01-19-2004 01:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Swedish King Karl Gustaf and Prince Carl Philip arrive to the Swedish Sportgala in Stockholm 19 January 2004.

Don't they look dapper?

Lena 01-19-2004 01:32 PM

Has anyone an idea, why Madeleine and Silvia didn´t attend the sports gala this year...last year the whole family was there...ok, Victoria has no time, because she´s in Saudi Arabia, but the Queen and princess Madeleine would...
You´re right, Britters...he looks like a mix between his sisters...maybe the reason is, that they have the same parents ;) :P

Dennism 01-20-2004 05:42 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Carl Philip and Carolina Klüft at the Swedish Sport Awards 2004 at the Stockholm Globe Arena January 19, 2004.

Patrik Kristiansson(pole vaulter) and Carolina's boyfriend, Carolina & Carl Philip

Swedish King Carl Gustaf and Prince Carl Philip arriving at the Swedish Sportsgala in Stockholm 19 January 2004.

Arriving

Walking

Still walking

Prince Carl Philip on the Christmas Holidays 7-1-04

Prince Carl Philip

Swedish King Carl Gustaf and Prince Carl Philip arriving at the Swedish Sportsgala in Stockholm 19 January 2004.

IML pictures

Dennism 01-22-2004 01:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Swedish Sportsgala in Stockholm 19 January 2004.

Swedish Sportsgala in Stockholm 19 January 2004.

Gita 02-02-2004 02:56 PM

Prince Carl Philip Current Events Part 2 (February 2004-August 2004)

So we all know he has been dating Emma for many years now but what about any previous girlfriends, has he had any?