* London - the capital of both England and the United Kingdom, a vast metropolitan area, and a global capital of finance, fashion and culture. This city, which is the biggest in Western Europe, is not to be missed.
* Birmingham - the UK's second largest city (by population) is in the industrial heartland and many attractions for the traveller. It is a cultural, sporting, entertainment, shopping and media hub.
* Bristol - largest city in South England (after London), vibrant music scene, lovely historic buildings and an attractive waterfront.
* Brighton - Regency seaside resort and university town. Quirky shopping, good eating, rich culture and vibrant nightlife in 'London-on-sea'.
* Liverpool - Booming cosmopolitain city with some of the UK's finest landmarks. Famous for its sport, music and nightlife prominence. (European capital of culture 2008)