Wedding of William & Catherine: Royal Fashion at the Pre-Wedding Dinner

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a silent reader for the past few years, i feel that i just have to write something today. All the ladies here are stunning specially Letizia & Victoria.

LadyFinn said:
Best dressed in my opinion:
1. Letizia
DiarioFemenino
Simply perfect. The dress was fantastic and her hairdo and make up nice.
2. Victoria
Zimbio
Very beautiful dress. Red suits her so well. But I didn´t like her hairdo, it was too tight and made her look 10 years older than she is.
3. Maria Teresa
Zimbio
Beautiful dress, loved the colour.

Disappointmens:
1. Charlene
2. Beatrice
3. Tatiana

La princesa Letizia y Victoria de Suecia deslumbran en la cena previa a la Boda Real de Inglaterra - Realeza - Diario Femenino de la mujer

I agree. Autumn was also a huge disappointment. I don't know what she was thinning.

Beatrice and Tatiana were the worst dressed IMO.

Sophie's dress is fail in all ways save the color, which looked divine on her. The wings off the top of the bodice front are too bizarre for words. Others have commented that the bodice itself seems to fit her rather stiffly. I wonder if that has to do with her broken rib. I assume that her torso is probably wrapped and that's what is giving the stiff appearance. Back to the rest of the dress. The straps come down at a weird angle in front, though they do show off that gorgeous necklace. And finally, my last nitpick about Sophie's appearance... Those tan lines! There are ways to hide the fact that one obviously does not tan on a regular basis but if you aren't going to employ any of them then step away from dresses that clearly highlight your tan lines!

... yes, those tan lines !!! ... reminds me of Zara at Peter & Autumns wedding. Haven't these ladies heard of spray on tan, would help disguise those lines. .... And how did she break her rib? I hadn't heard about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was quite surprised to see Charlene's dress; don't know what to think, on a second thought I do not like it.
That is Charlene for you- I actually liked her dress .It is flamboyant and so is CW.

Too bad that we haven't seen Máxima.. maybe she was wearing a new dress.

All the ladies looked absolutely lovely. Everyone seemed happy to be included in the festivities for this very joyous occassion. It is only reasonable that not all dresses appeal to us. Sometimes cultural differences make themselves very clear in comments posted here. But to use the rude and degrading comments and one-liners are inexusable. All ladies are wonderfully groomed and gala ready and they all willingly pose for the photographers so we can get a look at their gowns and jewelry. If the wonderful happenings around this royal wedding is not to your liking perhaps there are other sites with women and dresses more to your taste. This is after all The Royal Forum.

I think Autumn still has a bit of her baby weight to lose so that probably influenced her choice.The colour looks very nice on her.

A little bit off the subject but I just saw a photo of her new baby yesterday and I went weak at the knees...what a GORGEOUS infant!:whistling:

Any extra weight is well worth it!

Brava Mathilde! She was one of the most gorgeous of the Royal women at the Mandarin Hotel last night...ita that tangerine is her colour!:ROFLMAO:

And her chignon was exquisite!

Last edited by a moderator:
There were some really nice gowns and some plain, but overall not bad.

My favorite is Letizia's - color and embroidery are amazing, she looks 100% princess-like.
Victoria was stunning in her red gown, strong make-up and lovely hairdo.

I also like Marie Chantal, GD Maria Teresa, Eugenie, Princess Michael of Kent and Princess Alexandra.

Charlene's gown was hmm :ermm: interesting, I would never choosed it but she worked it very well.

HM the Queen as always lovely.

Can't wait for today, these hats and pearls I hope :flowers:

Letizia - best dressed, I liked everything about her look but I just wished we didn't get a back view of her very bony upper back.

Victoria - Nice dress & a great color, I find the dress actually makes her look taller but I don't know what she was thinking with that hair-do, I don't like it!

Charlene - I like the fact she has taken her look up a level, the dress does suit her but its not a great look overall.

Tatiana, MC & Mathilde - I thought very boring looks & very plain.

Camilla - What was she thinking attending in a cocktail dress which is extremely boring when everyone else is in evening dresses?

York girls - Not bad.

This post was moved here from the Monaco-section (discussing the obviously white dress of Charlene Wittstock yesterday which some find inappropriate).

The pre-wedding dinner is not the wedding day but anyway:
Why Charlene is wearing a white dress??? And such an extraordinary style?

It's not forbidden to wear white the day before a wedding but simply shows how unprofessional and desparately seeking for attention this woman is:bang:
Plus: 30 minutes late and still posing for pictures. That's CW...:whistling:
Sorry, Charlene and staff - there is no Princess-personality inside you.
CW has learned nothing since the engagement interview ...
and things will only get worse. This PR-campain is a disaster for Monaco.

BTW Catherine looks GREAT in her Grace-Kelly-Style wedding gown today :flowers: She can wear it.

Last edited:
The pre-wedding dinner is not the wedding day but anyway:
Why wearing a white dress??? And such an extraordinary style?

It's not forbidden to wear white the day before a wedding but simply shows how unprofessional and desparately seeking for attention this woman is:bang:
Plus: 30 minutes late and still posing for pictures. That's CW...:whistling:
Sorry, Charlene and staff - there is no Princess-personality inside you.
CW has learned nothing since the engagement interview ...
and things will only get worse. This PR-campain is a disaster for Monaco.

BTW Catherine looks GREAT in her Grace-Kelly-Style wedding gown today :flowers: She can wear it.

I don't think it's Charlene who's desperate ... To blame Charlene solely for their tardiness, to assume she has learned nothing since the engagement interview ...

Even if Charlene wore a non-white, simple dress and was on time, she still will have no "Princess-personality" for haters. How healthy.

did not cp mary of denmark wear white before cp victoria of swedens wedding?

Last edited:
She did a white one shoulder dress.

CP Victoria elegance and beautiful, color and style, hair excellence.

has princess mathilde worn this necklace before?

I don't know about the necklace, but the dress looks familiar. I know she wore a similar dress to WA's 40th birthday celebrations.

Charlene's dress is pearl grey. All the ladies looked fine to me. Different people/different styles.

Magnificent

LETIZIA, THE dress.... but what an uggly back, shoulders etc. OMG

Victoria, very nice

AWFULL! the York girl in this silver drama!! Like a Christmas present from a cheap shop!

The other one in blue was OK, correct.

MC Sad

Tatiana. Nice dress but i did not like the hairdo, neither the flower.

Charlene. I do not know, exagerating I think. Could be a nice dress on Letzia who is very fine, but in Charlene who is very voluminous, too much.

Last edited:
CP victoria, Marie-Chantal,Grand duchess Maria-Theresa were the best dressed for the pre-weddind dinner.
Princess Letizia's dress is a bad imitation of Elie Saab dresses.I think she should hide those shoulders and arms:ermm:
I liked Sophie of Wessex dress,but the top part doesn't flatter her at all.Color looks nice on her.
I am disappointed by Tatiana choice.
Beatrice had a nice dress but she has very bad poise.I thought princesses were taught to have nices postures:ROFLMAO:.Actually many princesses who were commoners are much more classy and elegant than born princesses.
Princess Mathilde 's dress and shoes are horrible.
It's a shame we have no better pic of Charlene.

My top 3:
1. Letizia - her day outfits have been disappointing lately because she's so casual, but she still manages to WOW in the evenings.
2. Maria Teresa - rocked the red and made her look younger without looking like she's trying.
3. Eugenie - like someone said, very Madame X.

I think Letizia looks great, but the dress is not appropriate for someone with her frame. She looks too thin in the shoulders and back. She needs to cover up some.

Exactly what I thought! Fab dress - but too many bones on display :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom