Wedding of William & Catherine: Royal Fashion at the Pre-Wedding Dinner

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sister Morphine said:
Why would you assume if it's true she's doing her own make-up, she's going to walk down the aisle looking like a dog's breakfast? Give the girl some credit, here.

Bet we see that dark heavy eyeliner ;)

My favorite by far is Princess Victoria...so chic and elegant. Then Letizia looks wonderful in her dress. I loved all the scarlets and reds. I don't love the pointy things on the front of the Countess of Wessex's. But, who cares, can anyone identify that necklace?! Queen Sonja looked great in red but I don't like the feathers in the hair of someone of her age. Marie-Chantal looksgood, she always does but this dress was very bland. Bronze on Princess Michael looks fantastic! And I must the York girls looks amazing fo a change. Bea especially looks wonderful, the dress could be much better but SHE looks confident and radiant...she's coming into her own!!!!!:ROFLMAO:

The arrival of QE2

Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to agree that the royal ladies did themselves proud tonight.:flowers:
Especially liked Letizia (lovely), Victoria (that red is stunning on her) and
Maria Theresa (again great in red). Normally not 100% on Princess Michael but that chocolate dress looks wonderful on her.
Thought that Charlene looked like she was trying too hard but lucky for her Beatrice showed up.
When the dress Bea showed up in hit my screen my first thought was that this dress looked like it came from a Las Vegas revue show.:nonono:
Dear me that dress was horrid, especially in contrast to how elegant Eugenie looked.

All the press comments/reports regarding Carole Middleton is really getting tiresome, honestly it smacks of classism and the people involved in some instances may well have a personal axe to grind, also including mention of the notorious uncle getting touch up on his tan. No one has seen CM yet and already she is getting criticism. One has to wonder just why there is no more criticism of Princess Beatrice .... when truly, at least in this case, she looks VERY questionable and that is putting it politely.

In a few hours there will be plenty of time criticize the Middletons after we have actually seen all their expected transgressions.

Princess of Durham said:
All the press comments/reports regarding Carole Middleton is really getting tiresome, honestly it smacks of classism and the people involved in some instances may well have a personal axe to grind, also including mention of the notorious uncle getting touch up on his tan. No one has seen CM yet and already she is getting criticism. One has to wonder just why there is no more criticism of Princess Beatrice .... when truly, at least in this case, she looks VERY questionable and that is putting it politely..

She did not attend this event so not sure what she was criticized for....

Really liked Letizia and Marie-Chantal. So dissapointed, I haven't seen Maxima, and she's always stunning.

Princess of Durham said:
Please see post #88

I don't have #'s on my post bc I use the I phone app so sorry you'll have to tell me which one- and there were pics of her today w Kate, just not at this event

Edit- do you mean this?
Diarist said:
...... I also hope that Carole Middleton does not help - although her help would be well-intentioned no doubt, in my own humble opinion, I don't think that Carole Middleton is up to this type of assistance.

Because I really don't consider that much of a critical comment about Carole, just a light opinion....you can still like someone but not think they do makeup well

Last edited:
I was quite surprised to see Charlene's dress; don't know what to think, on a second thought I do not like it.

Letizia looked Stunning! Keep that one in the dress rotation (and throw out the pink ruffled skirt combo...)

Sofia looked like her normal elegant self.

QEII looked lovely, wish I had seen a bigger picture

Eugenie looked soo mature in her dress, at first I thought she was Prince Andrew's date!

Lastly, I didn't like Sophie's dress. The flaps on her chest looked like strange wings- ick.

When I saw the pictures of Andrew, I wondered where he picked up this this pretty young thing and how he managed to bring a date. It took me a while to realize it was Eugenie! :ROFLMAO:

Well, I think we'll know for sure if she did her own make-up if we see her dark eyeliner in its place; although I must say I admire her courage!

Autumn didn't even do her hair. I don't like that dress very unflattering. I love so many of the dresses still trying to find Princess Anne.

Danishla said:
Well, I think we'll know for sure if she did her own make-up if we see her dark eyeliner in its place; although I must say I admire her courage!

We have this as a bit of comfort at least-

'Wedding planner Mark Niemierko says the princess-to-be took private lessons from London makeup artist Arabella Preston so she would be well prepared.
He reveals:
"She's had about three or four lessons with Kate at her private flat in Chelsea and has also gone, very privately to Clarence House. Arabella was suppose to be coming on the day as well but now she isn't, because Kate's comfortable and confident in doing it herself."

free2rhyme said:

Oh dear! Now I am torn on worst dress between Autumn and Charlene

Last edited by a moderator:
Any pictures of the Gloucesters?

Autumn hasn't lost her baby weight yet

She might not have wanted something too fitted. The dress is too shiny though.

For me worst dress was MC. Hated it! It seemed too loose on top and the beige was not a great color. Pretty woman, shame about the dress.

I think Autumn still has a bit of her baby weight to lose so that probably influenced her choice.The colour looks very nice on her.

Queen Penelope said:
For me worst dress was MC. Hated it! It seemed too loose on top and the beige was not a great color..

An article said it was pink but I saw beige too-

Royal Fan said:
Lady Gabriella STUNNING as always

Any pictures? I missed her dress....

I don't mind the dress, as far as Anne's preferred style goes, but why does her hair always look so harsh? She needs softening up and a soft 'do' would really go toward that.

I know that the hotel was called the Mandarin, and that Mandarin is a Chinese dialect, but did Princess Anne have to wear a Chinese-inspired dress? It looks odd on her.

Anne's dress is a far sight better than Autumn's, that's for certain. In fact, I rather liked Anne's dress. Wish we could get a better picture of Zara's dress.

M-C's was not pretty. Beige is blah. And I didn't like the way it fit her, especially around the waist. Didn't care for A-M's dress either from the couple of pictures I was able to see. Same with big sister Margarethe's dress. I don't mind mixing and matching skirts but baby blue and chocolate brown should really be left in Vincent's nursery.

Love how Eugenie's dress gives the faint impression of an Edwardian waist. I don't hate Beatrice's dress, it just seems far too flashy for the night's festivities.

Don't like QE's dress at all. I hate the ruched waist on the front half of the dress, hate the cuffs on the puffy sleeves. The fabric is merely okay.

Loved the color of Mathilde's dress. It made her eyes POP! Stunning. Oh, and does anyone have any information about the necklace she wore?

I don't love M-T's dress. The color is gorgeous but the vertical bow in the front is distracting.

Princess Alexandra was so beautiful. Love the color, love the dress.

Sophie's dress is fail in all ways save the color, which looked divine on her. The wings off the top of the bodice front are too bizarre for words. Others have commented that the bodice itself seems to fit her rather stiffly. I wonder if that has to do with her broken rib. I assume that her torso is probably wrapped and that's what is giving the stiff appearance. Back to the rest of the dress. The straps come down at a weird angle in front, though they do show off that gorgeous necklace. And finally, my last nitpick about Sophie's appearance... Those tan lines! There are ways to hide the fact that one obviously does not tan on a regular basis but if you aren't going to employ any of them then step away from dresses that clearly highlight your tan lines!

I didn't mind Charlene's dress. I thought it was more of a silvery color than white or grey. Would have loved to have seen a better picture of Sofia's dress. Sonja's was okay on first glance and then I downgraded my opinion to a "meh".

Liked both Tatiana and CP Katherine of Serbia's dresses. Good colors on them and very attractive. Loved the flower in Tatiana's hair.

Already commented on Letizia & Victoria but they clearly wowed.

Would have loved to have seen Maxima. As well as the Victoria, Letizia, Mathilde, M-T, Tatiana, Katherine, Eugenie, Alexandra, and even Sofia and Charlene did tonight I bet Maxima hit it out of the park too.

ETA - LOVE the Duchess of Gloucester bringing out some BLING with those emeralds! And her dress isn't too shabby either! Add her to my list above, lol.

Last edited:
Best dressed in my opinion:
1. Letizia
DiarioFemenino
Simply perfect. The dress was fantastic and her hairdo and make up nice.
2. Victoria
Zimbio
Very beautiful dress. Red suits her so well. But I didn´t like her hairdo, it was too tight and made her look 10 years older than she is.
3. Maria Teresa
Zimbio
Beautiful dress, loved the colour.

Disappointmens:
1. Charlene
2. Beatrice
3. Tatiana

La princesa Letizia y Victoria de Suecia deslumbran en la cena previa a la Boda Real de Inglaterra - Realeza - Diario Femenino de la mujer

Last edited:
I know that the hotel was called the Mandarin, and that Mandarin is a Chinese dialect, but did Princess Anne have to wear a Chinese-inspired dress? It looks odd on her.
Better than some I have seen on her but not my favorite-------but truely wish she would do something about her hair. It has NEVER done a good thing for her.

Best dressed in my opinion:
1. Letizia
DiarioFemenino
Simply perfect. The dress was fantastic and her hairdo and make up nice.
2. Victoria
Zimbio
Very beautiful dress. Red suits her so well. But I didn´t like her hairdo, it was too tight and made her look 10 years older than she is.
3. Maria Teresa
Zimbio
Beautiful dress, loved the colour.

Disappointmens:
1. Charlene
2. Beatrice
3. Tatiana

Oh really???!And you didn't even see Princess Máxima then.Not so surprising,she and her husband stay at the Mandarin,
so she didn't have to arrive....:p:whistling:

I like Anne's dress btw,the comment on the origins of the name are below the belt,but then hey...since when does that
matter in certain circles..??:ermm:...

Anne is one of the great woman that pull through and never was occupied with any special do according to the demands
of silly people craving on crazes of the day only.HRH is herself,regardless,whenever whereever.

Anyway,let's get this wedding on the road!!:flowers:

The venue for last nights dinner:

Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park Hotel - A Luxury 5 Star Hotel in London, England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom