Wedding of William & Catherine: Non-Royal Guests and Fashions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Victoria Beckham's dress was appropriate and good at hiding her baby-bump. The hat was edgy but I liked it. Not a fan of the shoes or hair.

Any pictures of the Spencers, especially Lady Jane and Lady Sarah? And lots of pictures of Elton John and the Beckhams, but what about Rowan Atkinson? Mr. Bean is as famous as the others ;)

Mrs.Middleton is tasteful, elegant and beautiful.

Most ridiculous outfits - easily the Beckhams. He is a chav in a morning dress and Posh, well, have I ever seen a more ridiculous pair of shoes?
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/04/29/article-1381892-0BD41EE600000578-404_306x675.jpg

^^ Indeed, I remember thinking her shoes were hideous the first time I saw them.

And contrary to popular opinion in this thread, I liked Chelsy's outfit. She had Alberta Ferretti design her two dresses. The one she wore earlier this morning for the ceremony at the Abbey and this other one, a long gown, which I think she'll wear at the dinner later tonight. Here are the sketches:

http://www.garotasestupidas.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/croqui-alberta-ferreti.jpg

source:garotasestupidas

Maxima and especially Letizia were disappointments in the hat department. Zara and Lady Gabriella had nice hats. Liked Mathilde's hat but not the shiny suit. Some of the best hats were from the unknown first guests to arrive. As for Kate I like her dress but not love it. The whole thing was very subdued but Prince William looked amazing in that red uniform.

Do you know who Susana Warren is? There is a pic of her alongside Chely Davy while leaving the wedding yesterday.
http://i52.tinypic.com/bh0zk5.jpg

I think she is the daugher of John Warren, who is married to the sister of the Earl of Carnarvon, Lady Carolyn Warren, who used to look very much like Princess Diana, and was even occasionally mistaken for her.

The previous Earl of Carnavon was the Queen's very close friend and her racing manager. [He was often known as 'Porchie' even after he succeeded to the Earldom, after his courtesty title Lord Porchester].

John Warren had a somewhat rags-to-riches background as he was born in somewhat humble circumstances [not that should matter one way or the other]. He is a respected bloodstock agent and advises the Queen.

I hope this helps.

Alex

Carole Middleton - :flowers: I really like it, she looked nice and appropriate. Light blue color and details in the waist and on the sleeves are very pretty. I also like the hat, especially small detail on the ribbon.

Pippa Middleton - she looked lovely, really. White is not popular color for adult bridesmaids but she worked it well. For me she was sweet (I know that she is 27:p) holding these little girls and having the same flowers in her hair like others.

Victoria Beckham - she pregnant and she looks great. I like her dress and fascinator. Hate the shoes. David could come naked or in potato sack, I have big sympathy for him so I wouldn't care.

Chelsy Davy - one big mess. Not bad outfit, but she should sleep more and use hairbrush. Sketches were better that her actual look.

Sam Cam - nice dress, interesting jewelery but but I was missing something (jacket, hat). Little disappointment.

Joss Stone- appropriate. I love color.

The rest I don't care/remember.

Were these posted?? Viscount Althorp, Lady Kitty, Lady Eliza, and Lady Amelia Spencer arrive at the abbey:
Image Upper.com - View Gallery Photos
Lady Amelia must have taken her hat off at this point because I'm sure she was wearing one earlier.
royaldish

I must say the biggest fashion disappointment was Victoria Beckham. I don't know what she was thinking. She's usually really stylish and that drapery she wore was not. All that black was annoying.

What I found quite rude was that Samantha Cameron totally ignored the dress code which stated clearly a hat, she went for what looked like hair clips/pins. I mean, if something that clear was sent out to everyone I would expect it goes for everyone.

Anyways, her dress was great & it was a great color.

Were these posted?? Viscount Althorp, Lady Kitty, Lady Eliza, and Lady Amelia Spencer arrive at the abbey:
Image Upper.com - View Gallery Photos
Lady Amelia must have taken her hat off at this point because I'm sure she was wearing one earlier.
royaldish

Spencer is very beautiful and elegant ladies standing. Lady Spencer's, Earl Spencer's daughters?
Samantha Cameron was not a hat, this is interesting.

dazzling said:
What I found quite rude was that Samantha Cameron totally ignored the dress code which stated clearly a hat, she went for what looked like hair clips/pins. I mean, if something that clear was sent out to everyone I would expect it goes for everyone.

Completely agree, she looked ridiculous and out of place.

there were 5 or 6 former prime ministers invited, even Thatcher who is very old and they skipped Tony Blair, big mystery why. At the death of Diana he was very helpful to the Royals. On the BBC one person said it was perhaps because his wife did not want to curtsy but could it be that the Royals do not like him?

Only two former prime ministers were invited (John Major and Margaret Thatcher). The stated reason (people have speculated about other reasons) for not inviting Tony Blair and Gordon Brown (the other two who are living) was that they aren't members of the Order of the Garter as Major and Thatcher are.

yes, I heard about the order of the garter, but if his involvement in keeping the Royals in touch with the public, as the movie The Queen shows and thus being instumental in their popularity, it seems a bit ungrateful even if they wanted to keep their wedding "small".

The guest list is one of the most-discussed topics about the Royal Wedding by various commentators.

Even newspapers traditionally hostile to the Labour Party thought that it was rude not to invite Tony Blair and Gordon Brown. Even the Tory-supporting Daily Mail thought that their omission was a disgrace, pointing out that even though both these Prime Ministers had made huge political mistakes in their opinion, both gentlement could nevertheless be regarded as true British patriots. The 'Family Wedding' excuse apparently looks very thin when you look at the fact that ALL the Ambassadors / High Commissioners were invited [albeit that Libya's invitation was withdrawn] and the argument went that there were some pretty dodgy regimes represented in the Abbey. Other people have queried why people like Guy Ritchie was invited over Messrs Blair and Brown - apparently courtiers did not count GR as a particular friend of the Royals. At the end of the day I can only assume that Cherie Blair's open hostility to the concept of Royalty was at the heart of it, and on the basis that the Blairs were not invited, I suppose that that sealed Gordon Brown's fate.

Only my humble opinions,

Alex

yes, I heard about the order of the garter, but if his involvement in keeping the Royals in touch with the public, as the movie The Queen shows and thus being instumental in their popularity, it seems a bit ungrateful even if they wanted to keep their wedding "small".
Unggrateful to a scheming politician? I think such behaviour is de rigueur in such circumstances. You use the all-important words "movie The Queen", Tony Blair was helping one person, Tony Blair! And didn't he do well . . . . in the movie. The reality of the relationship may very well have been something altogether different.

This is the Prime Minister that tried to micro-manage the Queen. The man who first coined the cynical phrase, "The People's Princess". Mere days before her death he, like many other politicians were baying for Diana's blood and did a rapid 180 upon her death. Hypocrites all!

The Queen has no reason to thank him and I rather think that William's memory of that time and Tony Blair's place in it may well be less than enthusiastic. In short, I think he has a snowball's show in hell of being made a Garter Knight. Perhaps one of Gladys "Pips" will do.

Kathie Griffin did a spoof about the Royal Wedding; she said that without a hat, Samantha Cameron looked naked! :lol:

Who knew Mrs Bean/Blackadder/Fowler could be so stylish? My pick for best-dressed guest has to be Sunetra Sastry aka Mrs Rowan Atkinson. You'd think it'd be easier to find a picture of the couple online, given that I think Mr Bean is MORE universally beloved than the Beckhams.

The best dressed would be the Spencer girls. Victoria Beckham was a disappointment...she looked like she was wearing a sheet.
I also didn't like Guy Ritchies look...his pants needed a good hemming.

Best dressed to me was Victoria Beckham looking fierce while 7mos pregnant and wearing heels most non pregnant woman couldnt wear. Kitty, one of the Spencer girls also looked good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom