Royals' hair dyeing and wigs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boris said:
So what? Each of them looks great the way they are [...] so Royals dying their hair is fine with me!
Me too! ;)

A close-up of CP Letizia's eyes - to me they look hazel-greenish, and are very lovely...

Attachments

• eyes.jpg
    eyes.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 319
Boris said:
...even Queen Elizabeth, as her all-shiny-silver hair does require a touch-up too. Grey & silver hair is not too shiny by nature (look at the grey hair of the Queens mentioned above), and you do need a little extra help to make it look like QE II's or Princess Lilian of Sweden's cotton-candy-look.
I'm not sure of this. After all everyone has different hair, less or more shining. For instance, I think Queen Marghrete has simply bad looking hair.
I insist that Queen Elizabeth's hair doesn't look dyed; however I must admit that I'm not an expert on this subject.
We should ask to a good hairdresser...

Blueice said:
A close-up of CP Letizia's eyes - to me they look hazel-greenish, and are very lovely...
Yes. It seems that. But in others photos she uses a dark green lens.

The prince felipe dye the hair? Because his hair is light brown but he has some white hair near the hears.

raquel

susan alicia said:
Is Sylvia younger than Margarethe is and has she had any plastic surgery, she looks excactly like when she was young (almos)

Silvia is 3 1/2 years younger than Margrethe. Margrethe was born in April, 1940, and Silvia was born in December, 1943

I think that Silvia has had plastic surgery at least once. If I recall correctly, and Norwegian Se & Hør reported the right news, she had it around her 50th birthday.

This is a pretty funny topic. Don't a huge number of women in the world dye or highlight their hair? What's the big deal? Or am I missing something? The important thing is to have it done well.

As for Letizia's eye colour--my mother is Spanish with green eyes just like Letizia. Sometimes her eyes look more brown, sometimes more green, it depends on the light and what she's wearing. Letizia's eyes are obvisouly the same. My husband is also hazel-eyed and his eyes are more brown or more green depending, again, on the light or the clothing he is wearing. I believe it's the same for most people with green eyes. The same thing happens with people with blue eyes--they look more or less blue depending on the light or clothing.

Considering their age, I should think the Duchesses of Gloucester and Kent, Princess Michael, and Princess Alexandra all dye their hair. But for people who are now in their 60s and 70s, hair dyeing once grey starts to show seems to be more common than for people in their 40s and 50s. It seems more common to see grey hair on middle-aged than old women these days.

norwegianne said:
Silvia is 3 1/2 years younger than Margrethe. Margrethe was born in April, 1940, and Silvia was born in December, 1943

I think that Silvia has had plastic surgery at least once. If I recall correctly, and Norwegian Se & Hør reported the right news, she had it around her 50th birthday.

sorry off topic: it has been done well than, she does not have a Kabuki mask look, hope she does not go overboard with too many nips and tuks

lucys said:
This is a pretty funny topic. Don't a huge number of women in the world dye or highlight their hair? What's the big deal? Or am I missing something? The important thing is to have it done well.

As for Letizia's eye colour--my mother is Spanish with green eyes just like Letizia. Sometimes her eyes look more brown, sometimes more green, it depends on the light and what she's wearing. Letizia's eyes are obvisouly the same. My husband is also hazel-eyed and his eyes are more brown or more green depending, again, on the light or the clothing he is wearing. I believe it's the same for most people with green eyes. The same thing happens with people with blue eyes--they look more or less blue depending on the light or clothing.

the "big" deal is perhaps that about a 100 years ago only prostitutes coloured their hair and through the decades things have changed.

royals and celebrities alike, are expected to look a certain way b/c they represent a certain thing, in the case of royalty, their countries or their organizations of their choice. so they're supposed to look good. so, who cares if they've had "work done". in the end, it's for a good cause, and let's face it, i don't think anyone would appreciate their head of state turning up on a state visit or at an official function looking as if they've just got out of bed with a hangover after a long hard night of hard partying. that's my opinion.

highlighting is adding hints of color. people naturally have different shades of color in different areas such as the root and at the back of the neck. highlighting emphasizes. someone who is brunette could put light brown highlights in their hair to bring out a natural lighter brown color instead of dying their whole head lighter.

when you highlight words on a page you are making them stand out. highlights in hair make it stand out either the natural color or the new color.

lucys said:

I would have to agree with you...I dye my hair, and so do many people I know..but it is slightly interesting to try and guess/figure out who does and doesn't. As for the eye color thing, I have blue eyes and depending on lighting and my clothing, my eyes can look more green or very blue...oh and good explanation on highlights, lamass!

does it mather if they colours thier hair

for me its not a big deal

Sophie's hair has always been blond it may been darker at one time. But hair does change. I don't know if she dyes it. But isn't there something about how its not good to do it while pregnent?

I've heard that the chemicals in the dye are very bad for you to inhale especially while you're pregnant. If anyone has ever dyed their hair, you know how much it stinks!

I don't know one female friend of mine that doesn't dye her hair, including me!

has any royal or there people/press admited yo having plastic surgery?

i think dying your hair is fine as long as it looks somewhat natural...i.e. it goes with your face... the majority of royals have their hair dyed in such a way that if you couldn't see the before/after pics, you couldn't really say for sure if they had their hair dyed...

some dyed hair loooks so unnatural though --- ...

selrahc4 said:
I don't think the Duke of Edinburgh or Prince Albert of Monaco do; but if they did, it wouldn't cost them much, would it? :D

Prince Albert of Monaco does not seem to have much hair left to change anything about it at all. i wonder how would he do it? :p

Last edited:
Josefine said:
can someone help me and post a photo of a natural blonde
who has done nothing to the hair it does noot need to be a royal

There are some old photos of CP W-A and a few of him with his family. they are from the other thread.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4452

He is real blonde (and he is very handsome i think), i don't believe that he has ever changed his hair. It just turned darker by it self.:p

Last edited:
kinneret5764 said:
Q. Rania and P. Haya of Jordan.

I thought that the aforementioned bleached their hair a lighter colour

Dina12 said:
Please can you tell me what is the eyes color of Letizia.
Some times I see them brown sometimes not.

Thank you

Maybe they're Hazel?

Anita said:
Thanks for your answer !
I've always thought that Queen Rania is one of the most beautiful queens in the world, even maybe the most beautiful of all . But I'm a little deceived to know that she has had some plastic surgery done . For me , true beauty is natural ...
By the way, do someone know if other royal ladies have had some plastic surgery ?

QR definately had surgery in order to correct her nose during her teens, which greatly slanted. Evidence is in the pictures of her teenage years. Good job by the way.:)

has any royal changed colours often i mena from maybe blond to red and later on dark brown

Snoepy said:
what about mathilde?

she definitely needed to touch up her roots before Alexia's baptism.

I would like to know about royals who dye their hair, or directly wear wigs! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom