Royal style vs. Celebrity style

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This celebby style is undermining monarchies as well. The generation of Beatrix, Margrethe, Paola, Sofía, Elizabeth has their fashion made for them. Seldom you can see their designs worn by others or seen on a catwalk.

I am not happy with the Máximas, Victorias, Catherines, Letizias, etc. dwelling in the one fashion label and the other. It only confirms the idea that princessy life is all about Valentino dresses, Hermès bags and Louboutin shoes. We never see such connotations including prize tags to the older royal ladies.

The Duchess of Cambridge and Alicia Vikander in Barbara Cassola dress

The Duchess in 2016
Alicia Vikander in 2015

I think the white suited Catherine and the red suited Alicia.
I think both ladies were styled very similar.

I agree with you. But I like the red dress better, as the color makes it amost different from the ivory one Kate wore. Just a note: is it "Barbara Cassola or Casasola"? :flowers:

LOL, ^^^ watch out AdmirerUS, or you might offend someone ;-)

At first I really like that dress, but now... the more I see of it, the less I like it. It is weird and on Kate looks like a bathrobe.

This celebby style is undermining monarchies as well. The generation of Beatrix, Margrethe, Paola, Sofía, Elizabeth has their fashion made for them. Seldom you can see their designs worn by others or seen on a catwalk.

I am not happy with the Máximas, Victorias, Catherines, Letizias, etc. dwelling in the one fashion label and the other. It only confirms the idea that princessy life is all about Valentino dresses, Hermès bags and Louboutin shoes. We never see such connotations including prize tags to the older royal ladies.

I've been saying this since forever:sad:.

When a Royal fiancee or wife is on the scene now her popularity is rarely determined by her education, character, background or even her suitability to represent her prospective dynasty/country.

It's all about how well she can rock her skinny jeans and what type of bag she carries.

In a couple of very rare cases there is the serendipity of finding a princess who checks off all the boxes...suitable and stylish.

But that's a rare phenomenon and it's becoming even more rare with each new princess.

The difference between Royal style and celebrity style has not only become nil, it's non-existent.

King George V used to complain that all the press was concerned about were Queen Mary's hats.

Nothing new under the sun

When a Royal fiancee or wife is on the scene now her popularity is rarely determined by her education, character, background or even her suitability to represent her prospective dynasty/country.

It's all about how well she can rock her skinny jeans and what type of bag she carries.

In a couple of very rare cases there is the serendipity of finding a princess who checks off all the boxes...suitable and stylish.

But that's a rare phenomenon and it's becoming even more rare with each new princess.

The difference between Royal style and celebrity style has not only become nil, it's non-existent.

I would agree completely, except (and just in my opinion) people make absolutely no comment about the content of what some of these women do.
The world has some effective princesses; we also have some that are almost a complete cypher. To be fair, this is usually in countries where their hubbies seem to have tiny agendas as well.
We focus a lot on fashion here in the Forums. I can forgive a lot of horrible fashion from women who are trying to elevate the discussion, provide safety, work for the public good, etc.
Maybe the women who have no impact on life should be allowed a pass on fashion as well. I'm just not there, yet.

Probably because it is easier to judge fashion. :ermm:

The issue is when you start discussing things like a person's character, you often get attacked for bring over critical, or attacking a person. If you comment on someone's history of posing nude for magazines and blog posts that smacks of bullying, you are called the bully. 'People can change, she was a kid......" Someone's past is not considered any sign of suitability for being a princess, or their character.

Education is discussed constantly at time of engagement. Not sure how ones education is meant to current events. Oh she went to an art gallery, dud you know she took an art class twelve years ago :whistling: and again when you mention a lack of education, or on the opposite spectrum, a highly educated person who seems to make stupid comments, you are called a bully.

All we have is photos. We can't tell ,uvh about their personal character now. Can they smile and shake hands? Can they make small talk in the subject? Other than on more hands on engagements, there isn't much to discus. And if you look, on he more hands on events like Sophie Wessex right now, there is more discussion.

Honestly many of us gi us on fashion because it is safer. Less likely to be called a bully ridiculing someone, if you discus fashion alone. Though some people take fashion as a personal attack as well. Fashion and historical threads tend to be safer.

The dress looked great on both ladies, each of them wore a color that suits them well.

Lmao it's not every day you see a 15 year old wearing the same dress as a 33 year old. You'd think the adult would wear it better, but not in this case.

Back
Top Bottom