Royal make-up mistakes

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HRH Mims

Serene Highness
City
Moscow
Country
Russia
What about make-up "mask" on faces of royal ladies? :lol: Does anybody have some pics of royal mistakes and horrible looking make-ups? :flowers:

Hi! Well, I think Queen Elizabeth had some close calls....
I guess it was too much face powder or foundation (don't know which), but her face would look really white...

Pictures from Corbis:

AADS001486.jpg

AADS001463.jpg

AADS002689.jpg

0000379771-014.jpg

Thank you madonna! :) it is in forums galery too ;)
Her Majesty just likes very, very white make up, isn't she? :lol:

Queen Elizabeth II looks like a ghost with this white make-up! :ohmy:

Well, Queen Beatrix had a lot make-up mistakes! Especiall during the 80's!
The Queen with some "blue eyes" :lol: :

ANP Historical Archiev

Princess Kalina of Bulgaria - eee gads!

kalina.jpg

Getty Images and TRF The Most Terrible

Three words...OH.MY.GOD!! Princess Kalina what were you thinking woman??? That's dreadful!

There is a picture of Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and Queen Sofia and MT looks orange. I'm pretty sure she went overboard with the fake tan as it definitely did not look natural! I'll try and find the pic to post

When we are talking about Luxemburgian grand duchess....
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

mims111 said:
When we are talking about Luxemburgian grand duchess....

Thanks mims! I won't bother looking for the picture I mentioned now...I guess people could see what I meant about tan overload:lol:

Her face looks like leather. That is so unattractive. She should stay out of the sun and apply moisturizer with SPF in it to protect her skin.

what about Mathilde on national day... she had the brown foundation, too thick and too brown, and very heavy make-up on lips and eyes. Not my favorite mathilde look!
06072118ep3.jpg

And this recent one, is''nt so pretty either.. :(
06090850bi7.jpg

Last edited:
Her_Majesty said:

ANP Historical Archiev

That was NOT considered a mistake 25 years ago, believe me. That was a 40something young queen with a current makeup at that time.:)

Her_Majesty said:

ANP Historical Archiev

Someone should have informed her that you don't wear bright blue eyeshadow UNDER your eyes, too. Also, she has sunken in lids, so it appears she has none.....eye shadow that bright just calls attention to it. BTW, who told her to match the eye shadow with her outfit?

Sister Morphine said:
Someone should have informed her that you don't wear bright blue eyeshadow UNDER your eyes, too. Also, she has sunken in lids, so it appears she has none.....eye shadow that bright just calls attention to it. BTW, who told her to match the eye shadow with her outfit?

I knew a girl in college (about 7 years ago) who wore her eye makeup much like Queen Beatrix..does the queen have a makeup artist? I would also wonder about a hairstylist, too, but she's worn her hair the same way for years and years, so I doubt there's need for an actual person on staff.

What freaks me out are her eyebrows: just look at the left side, it was tweezed half way across her eye. EEEH!

Smth similar as Maria Taresa and Mathilde had happen to princess Madeleine on Fred&Mary's wedding.

Sister Morphine said:

In the early 80s you did! The blue under the eye was supposedly to enhance the white of the eye (Diana was often doing it too), all eye shadows were that bright and everyone matched almost all the time their eye shadow and their outfit. Only in the 80s! Sadly but true. Thank God it's gone

Princess BellyFlop said:
In the early 80s you did! The blue under the eye was supposedly to enhance the white of the eye (Diana was often doing it too), all eye shadows were that bright and everyone matched almost all the time their eye shadow and their outfit. Only in the 80s! Sadly but true. Thank God it's gone

That may have been the style for some people, but it just doesn't look good on her.

Sister Morphine said:
That may have been the style for some people, but it just doesn't look good on her.
And not only for her!!
Probably many times you saw or will see someone who wore or has something in she or he doesn't look good - clothes, make-up or hair-do etc.

Mathilde had some bad make-up IMO at the dinner of the official Dutch state visit this past June...if anyone can upload a good close up of Mathilde. I think there is a really big closeup of her.

Mathilde1286 said:
Mathilde had some bad make-up IMO at the dinner of the official Dutch state visit this past June...if anyone can upload a good close up of Mathilde. I think there is a really big closeup of her.

in some photo's the make-up looks better than others.. in this photo the make-up is'nt so bad is it?:rolleyes:
712498578auol3.jpg

In close ups it looks horrible. At first time when I saw it, it reminded me my begins with make up :lol: Someone just should tell her that red lips (or darker color) + very dark eyes on brown basic look just horrible! :ROFLMAO: Or to her stylist. One never knows, if princesses have their stylist :rolleyes:

I don't know, but for me Mathilde doesn't look that horrible, I like that dark foundation on her a and lipstick, it gives her a few pepps and tan,a and brings out her beautiful light blue eyes.

Many other royal women women used to put much darker or full makeup than her,and nobody says something,just because we are used to see them with that way of making makeup, and Mathilde used to put always very natural and soft one.

I would say that it is very difficult to know exactely somebody's bad or good make up from picture, the lightening and the quality of picture itself sometime ruin the real image:neutral: .

I know, it's not so bad as some royal ladies, but Mathilde's best look is natural and she looks little strange with this. But as we are talking about mistakes not about worst make ups I think that Mathilde's natural beauty will make much more charm as make up mask.
I dislike Mary's recent make up too. you can see it here:

Picture from isifa, originaly posted by ZZZ.

I think that's such an unflattering picture of Mary! It makes her look old. Which is a shame as she is usually gorgeous!! Again I don't think it's so much a 'mistake' but a case of bad lighting.

When we look back at old pictures, we all find them strange and we laugh or cry about it. One good thing: we all find that we improve with time and so does Queen Beatrix.

Does anyone have a good bad makeup picture of Maxima? I think she uses way too much makeup, especially dark blushes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom