Royal Accessories (Bags, Gloves & Scarves)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Wallage is bag is not my cup of tea what do they want all those compartments for it's a bit pedestrian IMO.

BB informs us in BB #51, https://www.box.com/s/aoq65f8laojog12yc103

that the fur-scarf Mary wore in China (you know, the outdoor fashion show, where she almost froze to death), is from Brdr. (brothers) Alex Petersen.

It's made from knitted Russian zobel.

- I had no idea you could knit zobel! Well, probably couldn't afford it anyway, sorry Mrs. Muhler. :)

I don't know where to put scarfs, so if this belongs somewhere else please feel free to move it.

BB is up.

Last edited:
At the risk of sounding dumb, what is Russian Zobel? Can anyone describe it for me please.

At the risk of sounding dumb, what is Russian Zobel? Can anyone describe it for me please.

Researched it and I think it's a type of fur made from a Sable animal.

Researched it and I think it's a type of fur made from a Sable animal.

That's right and the fur is of legendary quality - and so is the price!

In fact in the 1600's Russian nobles with the Tsar in front measured their wealth not in gold but in zobel fur. It was worth more than gold.

Here is their webpage: http://www.alexpetersen.com/

If there are no prices and no products" off the rack" so to speak, you know it's way too expensive!

Last edited:
Thank you for that. Ah Yes I am well awhere of Russian sable. The Zobel threw me off. Perhaps the former Empress Maria Feodorovna nee Prss Dagmar of Denmark provided her family with many a sable gift over her 52 years residing in Russia. And I read in one of our magazines that Queen Elizabeth has 35 fur coats kept in a Cold Room under Buckingham palace.

I have a question on gloves. I noticed earlier in the thread that it was discussed that women will removed the right glove when greeting people, makes sense, handshaking etc. However, in some of Queen Paola's picture and fashion threads, I noticed she removed her left glove? Why would that be? Preference or is there some protocol around that?

I love this stunning shell clutch from Queen Silvia!

1 2 3

First two photos are from Boris.

Last edited:
Thx :) CP Mary had quite a collection

That´s true,a very impressive collection of designer handbags indeed :flowers:
CP Mary has a wonderful sense of style,or happens to have a very talented and gifted stylist-
I really enjoy her elegant style and her handbags are very delicate too!

I love the bags Victoria had the 2009, 2012, and 2011 Nobel Prizes. Queen Silvia's bags at the 2010 and 2011 prizes were also stunning.

I love the ladies how they have gloves all colours matching their clothing, I imagine there are custom made, because where you can find all this leather gloves from all colours?

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II keeps her gloves on while shaking hands.

Gloves are an interesting part of the royal wardrobe, especially white ones which are seldom seen elsewhere nowadays.

Infomation on other countries Royal use of white gloves would be great.

I've noticed that when Queen Elizabeth is greeting the public or normal citizens, she wears her gloves the entire time. However, when meeting other royals or world leaders, she does not wear gloves.

I've noticed that when Queen Elizabeth is greeting the public or normal citizens, she wears her gloves the entire time. However, when meeting other royals or world leaders, she does not wear gloves.

I dont think it has anything to do with greeting normal people or royals. On ays away or when she has to meet a lot iof people, the Queen tends to keep her gloves on, when it is smaller groups, she does not.

This is not my usual field, so forgive me if I have placed this the wrong place.

In reading the business pages of newspaper I stumbled across this article about a designer of bags, with Mary as one of her very first costumers.
https://jyllands-posten.dk/jplokal/...-begyndelse-var-foerste-kunde-fra-kongehuset/

The designer is Natalka Hansen.

Brand: Naledi Copenhagen.

Material: Ostrich hide.

Mary bought two in different colors.

I don't know whether the bag illustrated here is the model Mary bought.
https://jyllands-posten.dk/w-py-Avw.../26leix/ALTERNATES/master-free/natalka-hansen

Queen Elizabeth II's Scarves

Hi everyone,

I am trying to ID all or most of the late Queen Elizabeth II's scarves. I have tried Pinterest but most of the boards there only have pictures and not much else in finding the exact name and design/designer of the scarves. All I know is, the late Queen loves Hermes scarves but not much else.

Thank you!

Queen Rania's purse at Hussein and Rajwa's wedding is very beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom