Princess Eugenie of York's Wedding Dress

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was afraid that her dress could be OTT. But this was amazing. It was grand but not OTT, it was regal and fit her so well.
Though I wish the sleeves were a wee bit tighter especially towards the end.
This is definitely making a place in my top 10 bridal gowns, especially because of the fit (and no lace).
Loved her hair and makeup. She was beaming.
I was surprised to see no veil, but she look every inch the royal she is.

Princess Eugenie looked beautiful, the dress and the tiara are beautiful and all just very her.

I thought the dress was lovely: I like the fullness of the skirt and how it flows back into a long train (about 10') and the tiara is gorgeous but I felt the look was incomplete without a veil.

For someone like me who loves structural gowns and no lace, I have been richly rewarded in both weddings this year.

Eugenies gown is not only my favorite British gown but one of my favorite royal gown over all. Exquisite. :flowers:

I love the back. Beautiful and shows courage to show the scar.

I love she didn't wear a veil. The gown and tiara were more then enough.

I love he brocade to give detail instead of lace.

Dress reminds me a bit if the daughter of the Duke of Wellington who married a few years ago.

Last edited:
Eugenie looked lovely, but I can't help thinking it would have been better if both the front and the back hadn't been low-cut. Go with one or the other- I wondered if it was going to slip right off her shoulders!

The back of the dress/train is beautiful. So is the front, but the back looks beautiful going up the steps.

Eugenie really looks lovely- hair, make up, emerald tiara, beautiful dress...

Princess Eugenie's Wedding Dress

Oh my! What a beautiful bride she is.
The dress suits her very well with that neckline, silhouette and back.
I am a fan [emoji6]

Last edited:
Eugenie looked lovely, but I can't help thinking it would have been better if both the front and the back hadn't been low-cut. Go with one or the other- I wondered if it was going to slip right off her shoulders!
It really wasn’t that low cut and there was no danger of it slipping off her shoulders.

She looked very very regal. Andrew can be proud on his beautiful daughter-bride.

Does anyone know how long the train was?

I have to say that I was nervous about her dress, but she really looked lovely. The dress was wonderful on her and she was wearing the dress and not the dress wearing her. I was expecting something flamboyant, thank goodness it wasn't Just tasteful and pretty. The tiara was beautiful on Eugenie.

She looked lovely, but not quite up there with my favourite royal brides. Makeup on point, hair not so much. A veil would have made all the difference for me. Love the fabric and lower part of the dress, minus the bow (or whatever it was) on the back. Overall, a nice dress that suited her, albeit not that memorable.

I guess many posters here are used to veils and miss something now that Eugenie didn't wear one. I think she looked perfect as she did, a veil would not have suited. Her face frame does not seem suitable for it.

Eugenie was a beautiful bride and out of the two this year, this wedding is #1 for me. And her groom looked pretty handsome as well!

I just took another look at the wedding footage, and I'm even more wowed by this dress than I was when she first stepped out of the car.

The fit is perfect. Her waist looks tiny and graceful, and the drama of the skirt and train highlights her feminine figure. The neckline frames her shoulders and face, and that fabric is amazing. It all looks modern, with references to both Victorian and Medieval elements.

I hadn't heard before of these designers, but I hope that they are home somewhere with a glass of champagne patting themselves on the back for a job superbly done.

I agree with some of the above posters: one of the best of the royal brides in the last 20 years, and it's delightfully surprising, because Eugenie has not always chosen the most flattering or appropriate clothing, but she knocked it out of the park with her wedding gown.

I would say her wedding ensemble is the best of the BRF's young generation to me, regal and beautiful. Love the necklace, back-V (with or without her intention), love the train. I think it is a right choice to go veil free, honestly I didn't even realize she didn't have a veil and I didn't find any problem when I first saw the pictures. The whole look is so completely and coherent, a veil is unnecessary.

:previous: agree, it's one of the best.

Last edited:
Wow, she looks amazing. Eugenie is the best looking of the Queen’s grandchildren: she’s got beautiful colouring and a lovely smile. That said I was very interested to see what the wedding dress would look like because she’s kind of all over the place in terms of style. I had a hunch I’d either really love her look or really not and am happy it turned out to be the former.

I think this is one of my favourite royal wedding looks. IMO she got pretty much everything right - the style and fit of the dress, hair and makeup, the way she carries herself and overall demeanour. I liked Meghan’s look earlier this year, and I loved Kate’s a few years ago, but I think Eugenie has topped them both.

I hope it is okay to write it in this thread - there are so many and I am not sure which one I could chose otherwise - that Eugenie was every inch a stunning bride. I absolutely adored her looks and in my opinion she was by FAR more beautiful than both Kate and Meghan together. The tiara with the green emeralds was absolutely perfect for her hair and the dress itself was pure delight.

If I had to explain someone how a perfect princess bride looks like, I'd show a picture of Eugenie today.

Wow, she looks amazing. Eugenie is the best looking of the Queen’s grandchildren: she’s got beautiful colouring and a lovely smile. That said I was very interested to see what the wedding dress would look like because she’s kind of all over the place in terms of style. I had a hunch I’d either really love her look or really not and am happy it turned out to be the former.

I think this is one of my favourite royal wedding looks. IMO she got pretty much everything right - the style and fit of the dress, hair and makeup, the way she carries herself and overall demeanour. I liked Meghan’s look earlier this year, and I loved Kate’s a few years ago, but I think Eugenie has topped them both.

I have to agree and I loved Kate’s wedding gown. Eugenie looks fabulous. Everything was perfect.

For me, Princess Eugenie was the most beautiful royal bride in years.

I absolutely adored her looks and in my opinion she was by FAR more beautiful than both Kate and Meghan together.

I agree with you :flowers:. It doesn't mean theirs are not good, but when I look at their looks I would think "it's nice BUT ......" and for Eugenie's I am "it's nice, it's gorgeous, it's stunning". There is a moment I think I don't expect some much from her so I am satisfied easily. But no, it's nearly perfect, or even just perfect.

I really like the dress, she looks so wonderfully regal! I think that's the one quality that the brides in royal weddings have been lacking a bit during the last decade, though they have looked beautiful. I also felt some (Jenna Coleman) Victorian vibes, especially when she was walking down the steps hand in hand with her handsome husband and the voluminous skirt was spread around her.

Loved the fabric and the style, and the seams looked flawless. Her makeup was very fresh and she has beautiful, tiara-friendly hair, glad she had an updo considering the windy weather. And a beautiful bouquet to complete the look, well done!

Princess Eugenie looks absolutely stunning!

The gown appears to be inspired by the Queen's wedding dress with brocade work in horizontal bandstands and a modern twist on a fichu neck-line similar to the Queen's bridesmaids' dresses. The back detail of an asymmetric semi-bow is reminiscent of Sarah, Duchess or York's wedding gown.

I don't think anything is lost with having no veil and it is lovely to see Eugenie wearing such a beautiful tiara so clearly visible.

that was my thinking too - it reminded me on the Queens own wedding dress.........and Sarah's, watching the video from her wedding! Overall I think she looked stunning. This was the perfect dress for her.

Last edited:
I didn't care for the shape of the dress, but I love all the detailing in the fabric. And I love that she chose to show her scar.

I thought Eugenie's dress was stunning and is my favourite British royal wedding dress in recent years. She looked perfect and I adore her long train.

I agree, I thought Eugenie's outfit made her look every inch a princess. Kate looked princess-like too on her wedding day, but in a less imaginative way and Meghan had her own style. They were both nice but Eugenie's flowing gown along with that beautiful emerald tiara sealed the effect for me.

Interestingly Sarah doesn't often have good fashion choices either, but I thought her wedding gown was also one of her best looks.

Joining the above opinions, I have to say that Princess Eugenie's dress was an acme of perfection: understated and regal. The designers did a superb job creating an unusually stunning dress. I liked embossed pattern of the material.

Last edited:
A beautiful and actually interesting wedding dress! It has so much more going on than at first appears. Meghan's was nice but overall rather forgettable and I'm glad to see Eugenie managed to avoid that.

Possibly my favorite BRF dress! Absolutely smashing. Eugenie was a breathtaking bride and picked a silhouette that flattered her lovely shape. I feel like it paid lovely homage to the Queen's dress too.

Meghan still is it for the over all "impact" but Eugenie's overall look is a close second or possible tie. Can't decide if I like the no veil look or not. I was truly blown away by Eugenie today.

HER MAKE UP <3 Stunning!

Really beautiful dress I think it’s my favorite. Meghan’s dress didn’t fit and was overshadowed by the veil. But Eugenie’s was a perfect fit.

Really beautiful dress I think it’s my favorite. Meghan’s dress didn’t fit and was overshadowed by the veil. But Eugenie’s was a perfect fit.

I agree with you. Although I wouldn't necessarily say that Meghan's dress didn't fit. I rather think it was a snooze fest and nothing special. Her veil was indeed the only "special" thing, although too long.

Eugenie today, a totally different story. I so like the pattern in her gown, that is just the kind of extra thing that can make a wedding gown special. But I also like her long sleeves and how she accentuated her surgery scar on her back. I actually admire that she did that, I know what she went through with that surgery.
Big win for her!

It's been a very, very, very long time since I saw such a beautiful bride and overall wedding ceremony.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom