Princess Eugenie of York's Wedding Dress

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The top of her dress reminds of Kate's dress she wore at Charlotte's christening.

What a beautiful wedding dress!
Beautifully cut, well fitted, and I love the trail starting at the hip!- Now that’s a wedding trend that needs to start!

Did anyone else notice the flowers (looks to be slight cream yellowish color) embroidered on it?
Best of all the dress looks like it actually fits the bride, Also: an actual British fashion house being used to make the dress!

By far the best dress of the two royal weddings this year.

Eugenie's dress was gorgeous and I understand the meaning of the low back. But let's face it any other bride who came with an exposed back would have been dragged.

I was sure that she would wear a veil and Beatrice will come with her (and Daddy) and will hold her veil together with the children - just like Philippa did for Catherine.

Eugenie's dress was gorgeous and I understand the meaning of the low back. But let's face it any other bride who came with an exposed back would have been dragged.

It's amusing how often you seem to seek ulterior motives behind things.
The latter we have no way of knowing simply because such a thing has not occured.
And this is not about "any other bride", this is about Eugenie.

She looks absolutely gorgeous! And what an inspired idea not to wear a veil! It allows that fabulous tiara to shine and doesn't have to worry about the veil blowing about in the high winds!

I don’t actually think the back is all that low and she looks amazing! Definitely a royal favorite of mine but I expected nothing less. She is stunning, gorgeous!! Honestly, she didn’t even need a veil

LOVE the dress...it looks amazing and the pattern detail is so nice!

LaRae

This is now top of the list for my favourite wedding dress, both royal and non-royal. Don't care for the flowers on it, but everything else is stunning. The slight off the shoulder look is beautiful on her. There was really no need for a veil because the whole look was tied together perfectly. I think brides tend to overdo these days with an ornate dress and veil and tiara. However, here, it was simply beautiful.

Eugenie- ornate dress, no veil and beautiful tiara.
Meghan- simple dress, gorgeous veil and beautiful tiara.

Both very lovely.

I have watched quite a lot of royal weddings over the years and not one dress of the brides has ever really caught my eye, this *gown*, not a wedding dress, but a real wedding gown blew me away. It was so elegant and dignified and Eugenie wore the dress, it did not wear her. Stunning and now this is by far the most fabulous wedding gown I have ever seen..........what a very elegant beautiful bride Eugenie is.

This is now top of the list for my favourite wedding dress, both royal and non-royal. Don't care for the flowers on it, but everything else is stunning. The slight off the shoulder look is beautiful on her. There was really no need for a veil because the whole look was tied together perfectly. I think brides tend to overdo these days with an ornate dress and veil and tiara. However, here, it was simply beautiful.

Eugenie- ornate dress, no veil and beautiful tiara.
Meghan- simple dress, gorgeous veil and beautiful tiara.

Both very lovely.

It's not really flowers..it's symbols. Thistle, Ivy etc. Love the idea!

LaRae

Best bride this year, that dress is a stunner and Eugenie made it sing.

I love this dress so much more then Meghans. It is stunning I love a brocade and it is an interesting looking dress. The tiara and earrings are lovely. It is happening a lot more these days young woman just don't wear veils I have to be several weddings and they haven't worn them. Eugenie looks stunning.

She would have looked better with a veil. Her stunning tiara with a white wedding gown and no veil looks unbalanced.

I think the whole look would have been too much had she added a veil. The dress is very structured, a heavy material like brocade, pleats and folds and symbols on it make it an eye catcher. Whereas Meghan's veil was the showstopper, Eugenie's dress is the showstopper here and nothing was to interfere with that and the magnificent jewels she wore. Not to mention she seemed set to proudly wear her scar today.

I wonder if she started out going to wear a veil but opted out with the weather conditions.

LaRae

I think the whole look would have been too much had she added a veil. The dress is very structured, a heavy material like brocade, pleats and folds and symbols on it make it an eye catcher. Whereas Meghan's veil was the showstopper, Eugenie's dress is the showstopper here and nothing was to interfere with that and the magnificent jewels she wore. Not to mention she seemed set to proudly wear her scar today.

Completely agree with you. There was absolutely no need for a veil.

An absolutely ravishing dress, dignified [as befits a 'Princess of the Blood'],perfectly fitted and cut, personal [with the *requested*, low cut back], and supremely elegant.

The absence of a Veil made sense on such a blustery Day, and the spectacular 'Tiara hair' and Tiara itself made anything else superfluous.

Didn’t really care for the wedding dress. LOVE that she showed her scar though. As someone who lives with a birthmark like a bruise on my shoulder (and taught to hide in when I was a child and learned to embrace it an adult), it’s great to see Eugenie embrace something that’s part of her that must seems so natural to her by now, but maybe not to others in society.

Eugenie looks exquisite in this. This is a really beautiful dress, and I don't think the back is especially low--certainly nothing to raise any eyebrows.

I'm looking forward to seeing some more detailed, up-close photos of it because there is so much here to admire. It seems as though it fits her perfectly, too.

Really, really spectacular.

Somehow, watching Eugenie coming up the aisle with her father in that dress with the tiara and that hairstyle and the setting of St. George's Chapel, I could have sworn I was transported back into another time. Eugenie looked every inch the princess that she is. I can't put my finger on it but if I had to put it into words, she kind of reminded me of Queen Victoria.

The dress was regal without being overly embellished. It flowed with her body and did wonders for her figure. I was also touched learning that her scars weren't something that would hold her back from wearing this dress and in fact, actually made it a point to state that one shouldn't hide scars but display them proudly because they're proof of what she had to go through.

Beautiful, simply beautiful. ?

She would have looked better with a veil. Her stunning tiara with a white wedding gown and no veil looks unbalanced.

A veil would have been detrimental to her look. This was just fine as it was.

Exactly.

Completely agree with you. There was absolutely no need for a veil.

Precisely. Eugenie is a beautiful bride.

An absolutely ravishing dress, dignified [as befits a 'Princess of the Blood'],perfectly fitted and cut, personal [with the *requested*, low cut back], and supremely elegant.

The absence of a Veil made sense on such a blustery Day, and the spectacular 'Tiara hair' and Tiara itself made anything else superfluous.

I agree with you. Eugenie really knocked the ball out of the park. She's the first veil-less bride at her first wedding (royal or not royal) that I find beautiful.

Didn’t really care for the wedding dress. LOVE that she showed her scar though. As someone who lives with a birthmark like a bruise on my shoulder (and taught to hide in when I was a child and learned to embrace it an adult), it’s great to see Eugenie embrace something that’s part of her that must seems so natural to her by now, but maybe not to others in society.

I'm not a fan of this dress, with the bustle or poof on her rear end, and the 80s inspired folds from the V to the shoulders. I do like she's embracing her "imperfections" and lots of brides don't wear veils.

She looks absolutely gorgeous! And what an inspired idea not to wear a veil! It allows that fabulous tiara to shine and doesn't have to worry about the veil blowing about in the high winds!
I have to admit that to me her hairstyle was flat enough at the top and the bun low enough at the base to makes m wonder if a quick decision was made to ditch the veil. I am betting they were watching the guests arriving and the fight with the wind dresses and hats. One look at the wind and imagining wrangling the train without it flying would be enough to look at a veil and say I haven't got enough hands!

As for showing her scar, well HGD Stephanie had a V at the back of her gown and the veil was so fine it was easy to see. Certainly, the veil would have been removed after the photos and before the wedding breakfast had she been wearing one.

I agree Emrpess. This dress with its structured cut was perfect for Eugenie. Beautiful fabric and a veil was unnecessary IMO.

The dress is beautiful, suits her very well.

I have to admit that to me her hairstyle was flat enough at the top and the bun low enough at the base to makes m wonder if a quick decision was made to ditch the veil. I am betting they were watching the guests arriving and the fight with the wind dresses and hats. One look at the wind and imagining wrangling the train without it flying would be enough to look at a veil and say I haven't got enough hands!

As for showing her scar, well HGD Stephanie had a V at the back of her gown and the veil was so fine it was easy to see. Certainly, the veil would have been removed after the photos and before the wedding breakfast had she been wearing one.

Or perhaps there was never an intention of a veil. Eugenie doesn't seem to have a "veil face".

And HGD Stéphanie's back was very bare so in that respect made for a very big V. Eugenie's is smaller and I understand and admire her reasoning. I know what she went through.

Back
Top Bottom