Old Fashion Discussion Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the pink outfits are great indeed. I find it stunning that she looks good in almost every colour.
I also realized that she did not really wear purple before her engagement, which is weird because it suits her so well.

Over the last weeks I was looking for pictures of Crown Princess Victoria's nicest outfits (yes, I clearly have too much time on my hands lately ;) ) and I made come collages:

Victoria in black

Victoria in white

Victoria in black and white

Victoria in nude, beige etc.

Victoria in brown

Victoria in blue

Victoria in green

Victoria in "multicolour"

Victoria in pink

Victoria in purple

Victoria in red and orange

Victoria in yellow

Great job!! I love those collages.
Is it me or does Victoria look stunning in every colour ;) ?

I also noticed Victoria rarely wears pants. A true lady she is.

60s and 70s gala looks

Some early-Princess-years gala looks of (then) Crown Princess Sonja :flowers:

White gala gown, gloves and diamond tiara - one of my favourite looks. Her tiara hairdo was stunning.
Picture

Green gown, emerald jewels and bandeau tiara
Picture

Yellow gown, gloves and diamond tiara
Picture

Pink gown worn for pre-wedding portraits
Picture

Red feathery gown, diamond tiara and diamond jewels - that dress is really very 70s. ;)
Picture

The same red dress and tiara (different hairdo)
Picture

Yellow maternity gown and emerald tiara - I love the hairdo with the huge emerald tiara.
Picture

Yellow gown and diamond jewels
Picture

Yellow coat
Picture

Colorful striped gown and gloves
Picture

White gown, gloves and pearl tiara (and long colorful coat)
Picture

Yellow maternity gown
Picture

Silver/white feathery gown, gloves and pearl tiara
Picture

Silver/white gown, gloves, diamond tiara and dark coat
Picture

Sources: Scanpix, Knudsensphotosenter

Last edited:
Thank you - I loveee these "older" fashions, they were simple but gorgeous. The 1970's style just kills me!!! She was and still is a very beautiful woman and I cannot believe how much Martha Louise looks like her!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i made a collection of Leonor's outfits & fashion throughout the years (for Sofia too, but when they are dressed alike, i post only Leonor's). Enjoy^^

2005: ¨Picture¨
2006: ¨Picture¨ / ¨Pic2¨
2007: ¨Picture¨ / ¨Pic2¨
2008: ¨Picture¨
2009: ¨Picture¨
2010: ¨Picture¨ / ¨Pic2¨
2011: ¨Picture¨ / ¨Pic2¨
2012: ¨Picture¨

i wanted to do for the other kids, like Isabella, Ingrid Alexandra, Elisabeth but i dont have all the pictures. but i think i can do the dutch princesses, but no big hopes too;_;
if anyone wants to do it for fun, till be great^^

i LOVE fashion, especially children's clothes!

Amalia's wardrobe collection throughout the years (for Alexia and Ariane too, but when dressed the same, i only show Amalia. and if a dress is repeated twice, i will not post it again. just once is enough)

Wardrobe Collection Time!!!!!!!!!!:D Enjoy;)

Isabella:

*2012:wub:

I also really love the fashion of the era. As you said - simple and still so elegant.

Here are some of my favourite Sonja-daytime-looks of the same time. ;)

Bright pink dress for a pre-wedding photo session
Engagement outfit
Creme colored dress for the engagement press conference

Creme white summer dress and hat - I love that look. Very pretty.
Summerdress with red dots

Checked black-white coat and hat - Great hat!
Another checked coat
A grey coat-dress
Beautiful blue coat - the coat is just wonderful!

Brown summer dress and white hat - the sunglasses :D
White dress and hat
Winter look

Christening - Märtha Louise
Christening - Haakon
Pink for the girl, blue for the boy. ;)
Maternity summer dress

Sources: KnudsensFotosenter, Scanpix

Last edited:

She has amazing taste and always looks terrific - and I love how she takes the runway look, and makes it appropriate for herself. Classy lady:flowers:

I also really love the fashion of the era. As you said - simple and still so elegant.

Here are some of my favourite Sonja-daytime-looks of the same time. ;)(..)

O love, love love these styles!!! The hats, dresses and coats are amazing!

Lenor is such a pretty girl (along with her sister), and it's a pleasure to look at her wardrobe through the years.

Amalia looks a lot like queen Beatrix. She's cute..

Amalia is another gorgeous little girl, along with Lady Louise, and Isabella.

The Infantitas are IMO the best dressed of all royal c,hildren. Also, Victoria Federica, Ingrid Alexandra, Isabella, Irene,the Belgian girls, and Lady Louise.Little Estelle is also a fashion plate. Alexia´s girls are always very neatly dressed and groomed. I think a child is well dressed not only in formal clothes but also in more casual styles. What is important as well is the way their hair is arranged. After all, these are children who are always being photographed and will always be in the limelight because of their royal condition.

Thank you everybody for these amazing collections! I love the Spanish and Dutch grils´dresses, they´re always so well-dressed.
And what a lovely reminder from the years when they all were babies. I had forgotten how much I loved CA as a baby, I don´t know why, her face was so funny, I would be cuddling her all the time if she was from my family :lol:
Aw, look at little doll Leo! Can I brought her to home, please? :p

^Amalia was such a cute baby indeed, by looking at her pictures as a baby i would like to eat her up, just like Josephine!!! those cheecks^^

my next collection is Isabella!!!! please look forward to it!

I shall be looking forward for Isabella´s colletion. She is one little royal that has blossomed out as far as clothing is concerned. Her wardrobe, nowadays is very stylish yet practical.

The Infantitas are IMO the best dressed of all royal c,hildren. Also, Victoria Federica, Ingrid Alexandra, Isabella, Irene,the Belgian girls, and Lady Louise.Little Estelle is also a fashion plate. Alexia´s girls are always very neatly dressed and groomed. I think a child is well dressed not only in formal clothes but also in more casual styles. What is important as well is the way their hair is arranged. After all, these are children who are always being photographed and will always be in the limelight because of their royal condition.

We only see the Infantas a few times a year, so it's hard to say if they are really the best dressed:flowers: They always look adorable when we see them.

One can see in Isabella´s case, how her wardrobe progressively improved both in lighter colours as well as style. Also her hair, which must be fine is always looking good,shiny and lovely with little barrettes or bows. She is such a lovely vivacious girl, she deserves all this care.

my next collection is Elisabeth and Eleonore!!!! (it might take a bit longer, since its hard to find all of Elisabeth's pictures prior to Eleonores birth)

An overview of Queen Margrethe's typical Margrethe style :)

** BB: Margrethes farverige stil **

Queen Margarethe certainly has a unique sense of style!!! No one can accuse her of being boring!!!! LOL

What a sweetheart Lady Louise is!!! I cannot get over how much she looks like Queen Elizabeth II when Her Majesty was young!!!:flowers:

The Wardrobe Collection of our little Princesses Fashion throughout the years! Enjoy:flowers:

Leonor (Sofia appears when her clothes are diferent from her sister's)

2005: ¨Picture¨
2006: ¨Picture¨ / ¨Pic2¨
2007: ¨Picture¨ / ¨Pic2¨
2008: ¨Picture¨
2009: ¨Picture¨
2010: ¨Picture¨ / ¨Pic2¨
2011: ¨Picture¨ / ¨Pic2¨
2012: ¨Picture¨

Amalia (Alexia&Ariane appear when their clothes are diferent from their big sister)

Isabella

*2012:wub:

EDIT: NEW COLLECTION!

Elisabeth

/2002\
/2003\
/2004\
/2005\
/2006\
/2007\
/2008\
/2009\
/2010\
/2011\
/2012\

Eleonore

/2008\
/2009\
/2010\
/2011\
/2012\

next up: Ingrid Alexandra!;)

WHAT A TREAT!!! Thank you for all the hard work!!!! These children are so cute! That Isabella!:)

The Belgian princesses are so adorable! Thank you for that great collection of pictures :flowers:

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: 2012 in Review: The Duchess of Cambridge

I absolutely agree that my favorite Catherine look of the year is that amazing teal lace dress! Excluding the pink dress, I love all the other oufits listed. Not a fan of that blue dress either but I think this white and gold dress is her worst look of the year. All in all, Catherine was one of the best dressed royals of the year to me!

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: 2012 in Review: Crown Princess Mette-Marit

My favorite Mette Marit look of the year is this stunning red dress. The details, the color, and the style are perfect to me. The four other outfits are great too. Especially that purple coat! No doubt, that this horrendous gown was her worst look of the year!

Last edited:
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: 2012 in Review: Crown Princess Mary

I agree with the blogger, that red velvet medieval style gown is my favorite Mary look of the year! I also love all the outfits featured! I especally love the orange dress, the lace dress, and the white and gold outfit. Completely agree that the hideous print outfit is her worst look of the year.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: 2012 in Review: Princess Mathilde

My favorite Mathilde look of the year is that stunning blue dress she wore at the Luxumbourg pre-wedding event. Her outift at Estelle's christening comes in at a close second. I also love those beautiful red and ice white dresses. The blue and fur outfit is awful but I think Mathilde's worst look of the year is this horrendous outfit!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom