Never-changing Hairstyles

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Her_Majesty

Moderator Emeritus
City
Munich
Country
Germany
Many Royal women seem to have their personal favourite hairstyle they never change!
Especially the older Royal generation seems to be very faithful to one hairstyle.
Post pictures of non-changing hairstyles here. ;)

The best example must be Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands-- She created her famous Helmet-Hairstyle around 1965 and didn't change it since now! Her Hair really became a kind of Symbol for her! ;)

sources: 1. Corbis, 2. ANPfotoarchief, 3. PPE

Last edited:
Almost always the same hairstyle of Queen Elizabeth II.

always the same hairstyle of Infanta elena of spain , she needs some change :)

And sometimes Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, the ponytail.

And Queen Fabiola, too....:)

Queen Sofia of Spain:) :rolleyes:

Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, has exactly the smae hairstyle she had during her youth and even childhood! :)

Camilla in her childhood
C3Camillawithschoolmates.jpg

source - getty

Recent years

A1HRHPrincessofWales56.jpg
A1HRHPrincessofWales10.jpg

source - getty

Well...maybe they doesn't change their hairstyles, for it goes along with their personnalities. I mean that those hairstyles are part of themselves! Queen Sofia of Spain didn't change it very often, either...:angel:

Vanesa.

But the other royal women do have a different hairstylke or hair colour and it lovely?

the others should try it!

It is said here in the UK that Camilla does not change her hairstyle because Prince Charles likes her hair that way.

Camilla has naturally wavy hair...so do I. At some point, there is only so much you can do with it, except to cut it short (so it's really curly). If you grow it long, it looks lanky and all the body pulls out (thanks to gravity).

I think Camillas hair looks kinda different since her engagement and her wedding to Charles. But it`s not that much difference and it looks so much nicer! What do you all think?

I like the Duchess' hair. It looks lighter at times and feathered a little differently, too.

Gita said:
It is said here in the UK that Camilla does not change her hairstyle because Prince Charles likes her hair that way.

This is the more reasonable answer I read! :rolleyes:

Vanesa.

bonnita said:
But the other royal women do have a different hairstylke or hair colour and it lovely?

the others should try it!

I think that the way of dressing and your hairstyle shows your own personality. Is for that, that people must choice them by themselves, without any kind of pressures, even the fashion's one. You wouldn't change your hairstyle just for other people does it, but for this is important to YOU. If you decides to do it...do it! However, doing something only for this is the current fashion, could show that your personality is a little weak.

Who can doubt that Duchess of Cornwall, Queen Beatrix, Queen Sofia, Queen Fabiola, Princess Victoria and Infanta Elena are strong willed, and intelligent persons with a great personality?

Vanesa.

Queen Margrethe always had the same hairstyle, too.
I think she nearly never wore her hair straight down (even when she was young). :rolleyes:

tuff call. Queen beatrix, Queen Sofia lalla salma ( though she does have beautiful hair) & Mette-Marit imo

Almost always the same hairstyle of Anne, Princess Royal.

Last edited:
Amira said:
always the same hairstyle of Infanta elena of spain , she needs some change :)

but we sometimes see a breath of fresh [h]air with her--we've seen her hair tied up or in a 'half-ponytail' style (which i personally like as it suits her very well); sometimes she doesn't use The Braid(R) at all. :D:lol: :lol:

For the most part Diana had the same hairsyle or variations of the same hairstyle she did grow it longer at one point but thankfully went back to the style that worked best on her and even simplefied it over the years which I think is what most women do once they find their special style they tend to keep it.Sometimes though they really should update their styles.Usually the simplier the better.:flowers:

I actually liked Diana's hair longer, but I guess I'm in the minority on that one.

The majority of women, once they have kids and/or pass age thirty, look better with hairstyles above shoulder length.

It used to be a right of passage to cut a maiden's hair after her wedding as her final step into womanhood.

politikgirl said:
I actually liked Diana's hair longer, but I guess I'm in the minority on that one.

I liked also with long hair,but she did not keep them for a long period, if I remember well it was only before having Prince Harry.

If Beatrix changed her hairdo, the spray industry would go bankrrupt, and the Dutch should change coins and stamps! Definitely not a good deal ghe ghe

I think Kate will also join the ranks of lifetime hairdos. After all, she's already been wearing it like that for 20 years.

QUEEN FABIOLA!!

She hasn't changed her hairstyle in like 60 years...it's become a legend!!:lol:

Hee Hee...QFab's hairdo is legendary, isn't it! But it suits her, IMO. She is blessed with wonderful hair though, at her age.

Yes, I think the Duchess of Cambridge will keep her hair long for as long as possible and not change it. I'd go into shock if she ever turned up with short hair!

This reminds me of Sarah, Duchess of York who wore her hair long for ages and suddenly one day she cut it short and it aged her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom