Most elegant Queen...

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Her_Majesty

Moderator Emeritus
City
Munich
Country
Germany
There are threads about "Naturally elegant princesses" and "Naturally elegant royal man" .
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f97/naturally-elegant-princess-7399-6.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f97/most-naturally-elegant-royal-man-10583.html

So now:
What's your opinion: Who's the most elegant Queen?

My Vote goes for Queen Sonja.
She always dresses quite lovely and I like her elegant style.
Second Place goes for Queen Silvia.
I think they are the most elegant Queens. :rolleyes:

1. Queen Sonja
2. Queen Silvia
3. Queen Ranja

Queen Paola, she has an elegant stile, she was a beatiful princess and now she is a beatuiful queen

Queen Rania of course . She has this natural and inner grace that could make her look elegant even in jogging pants and slippers ...:rolleyes: :flowers:

I would say Queen Sonja because she has a simple and tasteful look about her.

Also, I would say Dame Edna, the self proclaimed Queen!:lol:

1. Queen Rania of Jordan (my most favorite queen) wears very, very courageous dress and that is what I love. With mistakes or not she is great.
2. Queen Silvia of Sweden is for me the second most elegant one. Almost no fashion mistakes and she stayed "cool" in her style since she became princess. And her gala robes are always between the best.
3. Queen Sonja of Norway. She had a lot of mistakes, but when she wore something nice, she has ten times more adjusted it.
4. Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain. This is lady which I simply admire. She is always glittering but some of her clothes are without idea.
5. Queen Sofia of Spain wears (in my oppinion) very shy clothes and almost nothing new. But slower you can go further, and she has almost no fashion mistakes.
(Everything I wrote here is just my oppinion and I don't wanna offence nobody by it)

Past: Queen Elizabeth and Queen Paola
Nowadays: Queen Rania and Queen Paola

Queen Rania..

She has that natural grace that makes anything she wears look great ..even a sack of potatoe:) she can get away with what ever she wears:lol:

Maxima ..she is so natural and brave ..manythings she wears might look horrible on other but on her ..well she radiates in unuseual colours ...and with that smile ..well ....it is an extra item on her overall image ...

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is certainly a very elegant Lady. She can wear grandma's cloths (private occassions) but still be every inch elegant.

It would be interesting to know what members think about the difference between natural grace,natural elegance and elegance/glamour simply,because I have the feeling that people quote Queens who they like or who are popular for them.

TamaraKhan said:
It would be interesting to know what members think about the difference between natural grace,natural elegance and elegance/glamour simply,because I have the feeling that people quote Queens who they like or who are popular for them.

Partly, you are right in my case. Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II (who I named as my choice) is certainly one Queen I like very much. But I also like Queen Margrethe and Queen Beatrix and Queen Anee-Marie of Greece and many others (mind, I do think that they are elegant as well). But I tried to be impartial and name the Queen, who is elegant, imho, and not who is my favourite.

Naturally elegant Queen? For me the lady who exudes class, exquisite beauty and royalty like none other: The Queen of Thailand. Plus, she is one current Consort Queen that did perform duties as Regent for a few years.

Fabiola of Belgium was the first name that came to my mind. She's always had that subtle stylishness no matter what the situation. Sofia and Silvia both have the same kind of sophistication but also the common touch as well. Noor wouls also be someone with a very admirable naturalness about her.

i dont know what im talking about "elegant Queen"

so im really loves HM Queen Elizabeth II's stylish because she collection lots dress since she become Queen in 1953 and she had lots evening dress for tours,banquet,etc.but she been still recycling dress for years and plans to charity of her dress on her 80th birthday last April 2006.

HM Queen Elizabeth II chose right design like as hartnell and stewart parvin because more good fits for Majesty.

I like Queen Sofia, Queen Noor and Queen Anne Marie, they all have that "bone-deep" elegance and class that is so cool to see!:flowers:

I have three, so sorry for not sticking to the one :flowers:

I would have to say Queen Elizabeth II, Queen Margrethe II & Queen Sophia.

The most elegant queen is Paola !!!

My favourite Queen is Beatrix, but I wouldn't say she is "most elegant"...:ermm:

The most elegant Queens for me are
Queen Paola, Queen Silvia and sometimes Queen Sonia.
I also like the style of Queen Ranja and Silvia...
So, hard to chose only one. :lol:
I think they are all naturally elegant! ;)

No contest: Queen Sofia of Spain of course. She and the king make up quite the couple ;)

I don't know what the qualification ' naturally elegance' means.

In essence I would say that Queen Paola, who was a stunningly beautiful in her younger years, has 'natural elegance'.

But I think a Queen holds a position, she must step out of a car and no one could ever doubt for 1 second who is the most important lady. That means your way of clothing (complete with hats and gloves, if necessary change twice or three times a day), your manner of acting, your surroundings (hofdames, aide-de-camps).

Then in fact only two persons really stick out and these are Queen Elizabeth II and Queen Beatrix. Both ladies are in their eighties c.q. sixties and miss the youthful grace and elegance of a Crown Princess Mary, to name a someone. I think that both Queens dress and act and move and speak and behave the most ' Queen-like' of all European Queens.

But the prize for most elegant Queen -in gala- undoubtedly will go to Queen Silvia and Queen Margrethe. The strange thing is that the two Queens with the most impressive jewelry collections (Elizabeth II and Beatrix) make a quite un-inspired impression on me, when it comes to evening wear. But sometimes they can sparkle in all their Majesty, see this pic as an example:

http://pro.corbis.com/images/42-15802908.jpg?size=67&uid={75b36205-445d-40d3-88e5-6b3fc556d14e}

Last edited:
I think it's really difficult to choose!

For natural elegance, I would choose Queen Sofia (and yes, she is my favourite Queen consort!) I pick her not so much for the way she dresses but because everything about her is so graceful and elegant! She knows what she's doing and never puts a foot wrong!

When it comes to looks, I would pick Queen Rania. She is amazingly beautiful and elegant. :flowers:

^Same here,as for me there's difference between natural elegance which is related to behavior and grace,and elegance simply which is related to glamour and looks.

But beside Queen Sofia,I would add Queen Elisabeth II

For the present the most natural elegant ladies would be (former) Empress Farah of Persia, Empress Michiko of Japan and maybe Queen Paola to, especially in her younger years.
IMO Rania has to much work done to be considered naturally elegant.

Past Queens: Queen Alexandra of Great Britain and Ireland and Empress Eugenie of the French.

Queen Noor of Jordan:flowers:
Queen Sofia of Spain:flowers:

Queen Rania
Queen Sofia
Queen Elizabeth II

Queen Silvia of Sweden
Queen Paola of Belgium
Queen Rania of Jordan
Queen Sonia of Norway

I think Queen Silvia usually carries a great elegance with her- while we all laugh at some of her older Nobel Prize gowns, if you consider the years they were worn, they are really quite fashionable (relative to the times!). Her formal dress sense is stunning (here is an example)and often, when in groups of other royal women, she is much more sleek and sophisticated in comparison. She also carries jewels unlike any of the other queens and her incredible upswept hairstyles are in a league of their own- even without the tiaras! We very seldom see her choices in the "most terrible" thread here- her daytime suits and fashion is beautifully tailored and elegant.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom