Meghan Markle's Wedding Dress

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A simple and very noble wedding dress with royal lines. I really like.

Let's try and stay away from comparing Kate and Meghan, it only leads to arguments. Thanks.

The dress was a miss for me especially after all the hype and buildup. Liked the tiara though.
My thoughts exactly

I figured after some of Meghan's fashion choices at events leading up to the wedding that her wedding dress wouldn't impress me and I was right. Maybe I'm not so disappointed because I was preparing myself.

Last edited:
A dress totally in my taste. The bateau neckline is lovely on her, and the clean lines of the dress are timeless. Straight up to the top-three list.

The hype was simply that, she didn't announce what she would wear. she said herself she likes simple wedding gowns. I don't see any reason anyone would think she would wear an overly decorated gown. As a matter of fact she said her favorite gown was Caroline Bessette Kennedy's. And that was very simple and understated.

I thought it was super bland, like every single dress you see in bride magazines...

I thought it was super bland, like every single dress you see in bride magazines...

Honestly can you name a royal bridal gown in recent years that didn't look like something you could find in a store????

Unless she went with something over the top avante guarde and totally not her or royal wedding style, it is likely to be the case.

Brides find ways of making it different/personal. Hers was the beautiful symbolism in the stunning veil. She had a simple gown but a stunning veil and tiara which shone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely gorgeous and didn't disappoint [emoji170][emoji7][emoji16] Congratulations to TRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex [emoji7][emoji170]

Honestly can you name a royal bridal gown in recent years that didn't look like something you could find in a store???? I recall in 2011 comparisons of her dress to other recent brides.

Unless she went with something over the top avante guarde and totally not her or royal wedding style, it is likely to be the case.

Brides find ways of making it different/personal. Hers was the beautiful symbolism in the stunning veil. She had a simple gown but a stunning veil and tiara which shone.

Princess Stephanie of Luxembourg is my most favourite gown recently and didn’t look like something you could get in a store.

The dress is so boring, there is nothing special in it, nothing of person Meghan in it. And the veil is absolutely way too long, although it is beautiful. It never looks good when the veil is longer than the train.

I have to agree LadyFinn, I find the dress boring and the veil too long. Overall she looks beautiful, but there are definitely elements that don't work for me.

I may change my mind after the newness wears off, but at the moment this dress doesn't even make it into the top ten of my wedding dress favorites.

Princess Stephanie of Luxembourg is my most favourite gown recently and didn’t look like something you could get in a store.
As much as I also love this dress, yes, it did look like something you could get - maybe not in a store, but definitely some wedding designers have similar dresses available for sale.

Maybe not in a store but honestly Stephanie's gown looks like every other Elie Saab gown that I've ever seen. And this is coming from someone who really liked that gown.

I thought Meghan looked beautiful, thought the dress was simple, elegant, royal and very "her."
I loved the veil and the symbolism of the flowers embroidered on it, and thought the overall effect was amazing. I wouldn't be surprised if after there's a bit of time to get over disappointed expectations this doesn't go down as one of the best of the recent royal wedding gowns.

However, to be nit-picky, there were some fit issues for the gown--as others have said, she may well have lost weight since the last fitting--and the veil, though beautiful, was too long. It never looks great when the veil is that much longer than the train because it always ends up in an untidy wad of cloth halfway down the aisle. The idea was great, the way it actually played out, not so much.

I thought the tiara was perfect, and I was happy to see Meghan wearing some major bling-age in addition to the tiara in form of the bracelet. I wonder who gave her that?

Meghan's dress wasn't impressive. :sad:
And I didn't like that long, long veil...it looked awkward and difficult to manage.
I don't think it should have been longer than the train, but it was.

Also- what a dinky bridal bouquet!
And I thought Kate's was small.
Meghan's looked like a handful of weeds plucked from the side of the road.

Last edited:
I don't like the dress it is so plain and those sleeves the top is just a little off ... it doesn't fit her as well. The tiara is great and the veil is nice could do with some sparkle. I find a lot of her choices a little too low key and casual. I don't think we will see many brides running and getting this look.

My first thought was of my least favorite wedding dress, Sophie's. The looseness around the shoulders just doesn't appeal to me, sloppy looking IMO.

Absolutely loved the dress but the veil was the show stopper for me. I think that may have been part of the intent in the design. The gown, elegant, understated and timeless in design. The veil, spectacular with its length, beauty and message with incorporating all the flowers of the commonwealth. The meaning being clear that she is honoring every corner of her new country. Absolutely lovely and very much the young woman we are getting to know.

I think if anything the issues with the gown were around the fit...it needed to be a little more form-fitting but the cut and structure were good and in keeping with Meghan's aesthetic.

I also would have liked to see a couple more small details like tiny fabric-covered buttons along the sleeve and up the back of the dress and maybe a little beading or embroidery along the hem but all in all the dress was Meghan to a tee. Not my favourite royal wedding gown ever but maybe a top ten pick - it was timeless and elegant and provided a good backdrop to allow the bride to shine in her stunning tiara.

The veil was long but I LOVED the symbolism. My country's national flower is represented on it and that made me smile.

Last edited:

No, it was more elegant than most of the strapless horrors that are still too prevalent in bridal fashion.

It's the style I hoped she would wear ... bateau neck, A-Line ...elegant and the gorgeous veil. The tiara is gorgeous on her.

Everything works well in the Chapel.

LaRae

I swear that when I first got a glimpse of the dress, I could hear you squealing "yes!!!" from way over here, Pranter. :D

It was totally Meghan. The entire presentation was totally Meghan. Looking at her as she left the chapel, the face you saw was the face you saw in Nottingham, the face you saw anywhere she went. She was in bridal finery but not to the point where any of it detracted from the overall picture that was Meghan herself.

She didn't disappoint me one bit. The attire accentuated the person rather than have a gown or any other accessory stand out like a neon light.

I loved Meghan's dress.
She glowed in it. I think it was a perfect cut and the veil was very beautiful.

Ok, at first I was disappointed in the plain dress,but not surprised. She looked lovely and classy though. The more shots you see of the dress and veil the more it grows on me. The details about the Commonwealth flowers in veil was nice touch. I love love love the Queen Mary tiara and the bracelet. She looked ethereal on the steps of the church. I wished Prince Harry had worn a suit and used his grandfather's tailor.

Stephanie's dress, shocking since it is lace and I usually hate lace, is one if not my favorite gowns. But sorry, its not an unique gown. You can tell its Saab, it looks like many other Saab gowns. And there are other brides with similar gowns.

You know what? I'm happy it's not Erdem and Ralph&Russo.
No disresprect to those talented designers, but after months and months of speculatings, I was weary about them.

And sorry, Erdem's dresses are fugly.
I-said-what-I-said.gif.

I swear that when I first got a glimpse of the dress, I could hear you squealing "yes!!!" from way over here, Pranter. :D

It was totally Meghan. The entire presentation was totally Meghan. Looking at her as she left the chapel, the face you saw was the face you saw in Nottingham, the face you saw anywhere she went. She was in bridal finery but not to the point where any of it detracted from the overall picture that was Meghan herself.

She didn't disappoint me one bit. The attire accentuated the person rather than have a gown or any other accessory stand out like a neon light.

:D I'm certainly happy about the whole look...the veil was something else...it made the whole look...and that tiara!

Did you see that blingy bracelet? Went so well with the earrings and tiara. I was worried she would look bare without a necklace but it all worked.

LaRae

Very classy dress. It suited her. Nice veil and tiara. She looked lovely.
The bouquet was very underwhelming. At first I didn't see it. I honestly thought she had forgotten it!
A bit bigger and a splash of color ( pink peonies for example) would have been lovely... IMO :)

The veil filled out the aisle , I loved how long it was and it was easy for the kids to carry.

Harry apparently picked some of the flowers from the Kensington Palace garden for the bouquet.

Yes ok the only serious criticism I have is I thought her flowers were too small ..needed a bigger bouquet IMO.

LaRae

:D I'm certainly happy about the whole look...the veil was something else...it made the whole look...and that tiara!

Did you see that blingy bracelet? Went so well with the earrings and tiara. I was worried she would look bare without a necklace but it all worked.

LaRae

Oh I noticed the bracelet right away. First thought through my mind was wondering if it was a gift from her father-in-law. :D

Back
Top Bottom