Meghan Markle: Wedding Dress Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine Doria has a number of events to attend before and possibly after the wedding. I'm sure she's not just taking one change of clothing!

Why would Doria be hauling a dress for the wedding with her? Wouldn't of that been done in London and there waiting for her?

LaRae

Not necessarily. Especially when Burberry has a store in LA.

@Pranter - Yes, I think the MoB dress is in London/Windsor, safely secured.

Maybe Doria is expected to meet with the in-laws at a specially planned dinner or something and is required to change in the airport and go straight to that event? Just guessing, of course but I do agree that that garment bag dies not hold THE MoB dress.

How would the MOB's dress be fitted if she hasn't been in London in awhile? It's likely that they were working with someone in LA and just have her take with her to London. And since it's not in her suitcase, my guess is that dress is with her in the flight cabin.

:previous: I mean, to be fair, we don't really know for certain when Doria was in London last, do we? She was rumoured to have been there in Apri and that's certainly not too far back to have your final fitting. This isn't a complex wedding dress after all that's going to fit like a glove....most MoB dresses are a little looser so even if her weight has changed a little recently, I think a final fitting in April is feasible.

The reason I don't think that's THE dress for Doria is when you consider the lengths the Press go to get insider info on anything related to the bride, MoB and bridesmaid clothing including rummaging through garbage and staking outside any and all designer offices etc., plus the efforts usually made to keep these things private until the day of, then I can't see Doria who has been the soul of discretion carrying around a bag with the designer's name for all to see with paparazzi around.

Plus, I would think Meghan woud have gone with her to her fittings etc which would have been easier for Meghan to facilitate in London. Anyway, it's all speculation and we're all guessing. We may all be wrong but the speculation is fun.

P.S. Not saying that Doria *isn't* wearing Burberry on the day, just don't think that if she is, it's in *that* garment bag.

:previous: I mean, to be fair, we don't really know for certain when Doria was in London last, do we? She was rumoured to have been there in Apri and that's certainly not too far back to have your final fitting. This isn't a complex wedding dress after all that's going to fit like a glove....most MoB dresses are a little looser so even if her weight has changed a little recently, I think a final fitting in April is feasible.

The reason I don't think that's THE dress for Doria is when you consider the lengths the Press go to get insider info on anything related to the bride, MoB and bridesmaid clothing including rummaging through garbage and staking outside any and all designer offices etc., plus the efforts usually made to keep these things private until the day of, then I can't see Doria who has been the soul of discretion carrying around a bag with the designer's name for all to see with paparazzi around.

Plus, I would think Meghan woud have gone with her to her fittings etc which would have been easier for Meghan to facilitate in London. Anyway, it's all speculation and we're all guessing. We may all be wrong but the speculation is fun.

P.S. Not saying that Doria *isn't* wearing Burberry on the day, just don't think that if she is, it's in *that* garment bag.

If it was Burberry, it was likely bought in London. That doesn't mean she didn't bring it home and have a seamstress work on it for fittings. A lot easier to have fittings in the same city you live in.

Why would her mother hide where she was shopping? Kate's mother never did. She was seen coming out of Oldfield (considered wearing him). People aren't going to go through the garbage to know what Doria is wearing to the wedding. Hence there haven't been articles speculating about who is designing her dress, or the bridesmaids dresses.

Doria's dress is not in a clear bag. You cant see what is in it. Doria doesn't seem like the kind of person who would buy several expensive looks.

I mean McQueen was not known for their wedding gowns (to my knowledge they had never done wedding gowns) and they designed Kate's, so why not Burberry for Meghan?

I do not think it is as I think Doria would have been more careful if it was. This may be her outfit for meeting the Queen. KP announced she would be meeting the royals. I imagine that will happen tomorrrow or early Thursday.

We also have the hotel arrival Friday too which will be televised.

McQueen had done bridal before. No they weren't/aren't bridal designers like Lepley, but they had certainly done bridal.

Sarah Burton had, and since she had recently taken the helm, it led to some of the speculation.

Royal Wedding: Sarah Burton, chief designer at Alexander McQueen, who is reported to be making Kate Middleton's wedding dress showed at Paris Fashion Week

Sarah actually designed the dress of Sarah Buys, the wife (soon to be ex I believe) of Tom Parker Bowles. It seems Sarah may have been the one who suggested McQuen to Kate.

Picture here of a gown by Burton for Plum Sykes. Beauiful back

Kate Middleton's wedding dress designed by Alexander McQueen's protégée Sarah Burton? | Daily Mail Online

Picture of Sarah Buys gown here

Royal Wedding: Alexander McQueen tipped to design Kate Middleton's wedding dress - hellomagazine.com

McQueen had done bridal before. No they weren't/aren't bridal designers like Lepley, but they had certainly done bridal.

Sarah Burton had, and since she had recently taken the helm, it led to some of the speculation.

Royal Wedding: Sarah Burton, chief designer at Alexander McQueen, who is reported to be making Kate Middleton's wedding dress showed at Paris Fashion Week

Sarah actually designed the dress of Sarah Buys, the wife (soon to be ex I believe) of Tom Parker Bowles. It seems Sarah may have been the one who suggested McQuen to Kate.

Picture here of a gown by Burton for Plum Sykes. Beauiful back

Kate Middleton's wedding dress designed by Alexander McQueen's protégée Sarah Burton? | Daily Mail Online

Picture of Sarah Buys gown here

Royal Wedding: Alexander McQueen tipped to design Kate Middleton's wedding dress - hellomagazine.com

Thanks! I wasn't aware! The first gown is lovely.

I do not think it is as I think Doria would have been more careful if it was. This may be her outfit for meeting the Queen. KP announced she would be meeting the royals. I imagine that will happen tomorrrow or early Thursday.

We also have the hotel arrival Friday too which will be televised.

That's what I think too!

Reading that link, I have to laugh at how many times it was denied by McQueen themselves that they were designing the gown.

A spokesman for Alexander McQueen – preparing to present at Paris Fashion Week – said: "Sarah is busy working on her new collection for the Tuesday show and she was as surprised as the rest of us to hear about this.

"She is not designing the dress."

Chief executive Jonathan Akeroyd, who reportedly told a colleague that Sarah had been chosen, has also denied that the British fashion house has anything to do with the design.

"Not at all," he said. "I am the CEO. I would know if we were doing it."
?

Makes you wonder if any of the designers who've denied making Meghan's dress is pulling the same stunt as McQueen.

Last edited:
Don't bring up the sheath...you'll give Jacqui the vapors!!!!

LaRa

:previous:That is clever. I like Charlene's, Victoria's and Mette Marit's gowns on her

I like Mette-Marit's and Victoria's gowns on her, especially the neckline of Victoria's.

I like Grace Kelly's dress on her. It's simple and traditional.

Is there any well-known wedding dress designers based in Scotland who might make Meghan's dress?

If she were going to wear one in that model program...I'd go with Victoria's or Grace Kelley's.

LaRae

I think Doria would be marvelous wearing Burberry.

I kinda think that bag she had contained an outfit for meeting with the Queen etc. I think her Mother of the Bride dress is already in London waiting on her..

LaRae

If she were going to wear one in that model program...I'd go with Victoria's or Grace Kelley's.

LaRae

She isn't stick thin enough for the Grace Kelly. That shape is not flattering at all on her, makes her look wider in the image. She needs a slimmer flitting, like an A-line/modified.

I actually thought Maxima's looked lovely on her. But also agree Charlene does too, but I don't think Meghan's shoulders are broad enough nor is she tall enough for that. I have long thought it will be a Charleneesque gown with a longer train though.

I actually liked Mette-Marit's on her the best, but Victoria's was nice also. Charlene's looked weird. Maxima's was okay, as was Letizia's. The rest... Dear God, no. All it did was confirm, to me, like Countessmeout, that an A-line/modified A-line are the best profile for her body type.

Victoria's gown looked marvelous on Meghan, just perfect. Yet I hope there is some nice fancy lacy beading on Meghan's gown, something to really blow our minds a bit and diamonds in the hair....

The rest... Dear God, no. All it did was confirm, to me, like Countessmeout, that an A-line/modified A-line are the best profile for her body type.

Some of the others are A-Line though, I believe. Kate's, for example. :flowers:

But I agree that a slimmer silhouette and a sleeker look is infinitely more flattering on Meghan than the alternatives.

Mette Marit's and Maxima's look so nice on her! Victoria's is always gorgeous. Charlene's is weird as they over photoshop it (the bottom part is too long and narrow:bang:). The dress itself is stunning. Combining the structure of Victoria's and the embroidery of Charlene's will vr perfect.

Indeed, the app was really fun and for me Victoria's and Charlene's dresses looked the best - at least the bodices....so I'm going for ivory silk with a boat neckline, full-ish skirt and minimal embroidery for Meghan. I also think the veil will be quite voluminous

I have always thought that when it comes to royal wedding gowns, CP Victoria of Sweden's was the classiest and most regal one in my book and the one most suited to Meghan's taste.

The simplicity of her dress along with the regal presentation of the Swedish Cameo tiara with her veil positioned behind the tiara itself is what made the overall picture of Victoria as a royal bride using everything to amplify who she was rather than have one item overshadow the total image.

This is what I'd love to see with Meghan on Saturday. The dress, the veil and the tiara amplifying Meghan as the person she is in a complete picture rather than singling out the dress or the tiara or the veil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom