Meghan Markle: Wedding Dress Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will believe the bird when I have confirmation tomorrow when I wake up.

I know the woman is British but I have serious doubts Meghan would choose a French fashion house. American designer at least would be accepted, as she is American. French fashion house seems a bad PR move.

Well guess we will know soon.

Edit:

The other rumor, which makes MORE SENSE, and includes Givenchy is that Ricardo Tisci has designed her wedding dress. Tisci is the former head designer of Givenchy, he was replaced by Claire recently.

More important, related to earlier rumors, Tisci is the new head designer for Burberry.

It seems the rumors that Burberry was doing the dress, have given life to this rumor. Though the old rumor was the former head designer of Burberry was doing it.

so options:
-former head of Burberry is designer on his way out
-new head designer of Burberry is the designer, on his way out of Givenchy
-new head designer of Givenchy is designer on way in
or 4th option all are rumors

Besides all being false rumors, the top 2 seem far more likely. Even if the designer isn't British (thinking Erdem being suggested or the baker being American but English business), Burberry is.

Last edited:
i can't sleep!

Also, from Niraj Tanna...

Niraj Tanna
‏ @IkonPictures

A little birdie tells me Meghan Markle’s dress has been designed by British designer Clare Waight Keller who is style and art director at Givenchy. #royalwedding

i can't sleep!

Also, from Niraj Tanna...

Niraj Tanna
‏ @IkonPictures

A little birdie tells me Meghan Markle’s dress has been designed by British designer Clare Waight Keller who is style and art director at Givenchy. #royalwedding

Givenchy?

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:??

I am off to bed. Its past midnight here. We will have to see if I wake up in a few hours to watch the wedding live, or not. If not, enjoy the wedding. I can catch up on all your comments while I watch the clips later.

Well if I do wake up in 3 1/2 hours, I have the day off and can sleep in this afternoon.
Looks like the dress is Givenchy, Countessmeout. According to Zaira.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one knows yet...wait until we at least see the dress!

LaRae

They will announce the designer as she steps out of the car at the Chapel if they do it how they usually do these things.

LaRae

BBC are saying that we will see the dress when Meghan leaves Cliveden House, she will be leaving from the house in one of the Queens State Bentleys and then straight to St Georges.

BBC are saying that we will see the dress when Meghan leaves Cliveden House, she will be leaving from the house in one of the Queens State Bentleys and then straight to St Georges.

I think they probably mean the top of the dress - like when Duchess of Cambridge left her hotel.

They may try to shield her some too as she comes down to the car.

LaRae

I am trying not to get too excited...Meghan's style is so simple and pared down...the one exception was her engagement dress and people reacted so negatively that I fear she may be too conservative.

So I am tempering my expectations as everyone has such HIGH expectations! And with that comes disappointment!

I cannot wait to see her walk out of that Bentley!

The Today show just mentioned that Amanda Wakeley is being spoken about as the designer now.

I just heard a TV commentary said the designer is Amanda Wakeley.

The wedding dress and tiara thread are now open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom