The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 12:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
If she were going to wear one in that model program...I'd go with Victoria's or Grace Kelley's.

LaRae
She isn't stick thin enough for the Grace Kelly. That shape is not flattering at all on her, makes her look wider in the image. She needs a slimmer flitting, like an A-line/modified.

Old 05-17-2018, 12:40 AM
Serene Highness

I actually thought Maxima's looked lovely on her. But also agree Charlene does too, but I don't think Meghan's shoulders are broad enough nor is she tall enough for that. I have long thought it will be a Charleneesque gown with a longer train though.

Old 05-17-2018, 12:55 AM
Nobility

I actually liked Mette-Marit's on her the best, but Victoria's was nice also. Charlene's looked weird. Maxima's was okay, as was Letizia's. The rest... Dear God, no. All it did was confirm, to me, like Countessmeout, that an A-line/modified A-line are the best profile for her body type.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:02 AM
Royal Highness

Victoria's gown looked marvelous on Meghan, just perfect. Yet I hope there is some nice fancy lacy beading on Meghan's gown, something to really blow our minds a bit and diamonds in the hair....
Old 05-17-2018, 06:42 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
The rest... Dear God, no. All it did was confirm, to me, like Countessmeout, that an A-line/modified A-line are the best profile for her body type.
Some of the others are A-Line though, I believe. Kate's, for example.

But I agree that a slimmer silhouette and a sleeker look is infinitely more flattering on Meghan than the alternatives.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:54 AM
Courtier

Mette Marit's and Maxima's look so nice on her! Victoria's is always gorgeous. Charlene's is weird as they over photoshop it (the bottom part is too long and narrow). The dress itself is stunning. Combining the structure of Victoria's and the embroidery of Charlene's will vr perfect.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EloisevonLippe View Post
This is FUN!

An interactive 'app' that superimposes previous Royal dresses on Meghan. She looks beautiful in Charlene's sheath.

https://www.univision.com/estilo-de-...yal-highnesses
What a fun app! I like her best in Victoria's and Charlene's.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Indeed, the app was really fun and for me Victoria's and Charlene's dresses looked the best - at least the bodices....so I'm going for ivory silk with a boat neckline, full-ish skirt and minimal embroidery for Meghan. I also think the veil will be quite voluminous
Old 05-17-2018, 10:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Oh what a nice idea, the app is great! I loved Victoria's!!!
Old 05-17-2018, 10:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I have always thought that when it comes to royal wedding gowns, CP Victoria of Sweden's was the classiest and most regal one in my book and the one most suited to Meghan's taste.

The simplicity of her dress along with the regal presentation of the Swedish Cameo tiara with her veil positioned behind the tiara itself is what made the overall picture of Victoria as a royal bride using everything to amplify who she was rather than have one item overshadow the total image.

This is what I'd love to see with Meghan on Saturday. The dress, the veil and the tiara amplifying Meghan as the person she is in a complete picture rather than singling out the dress or the tiara or the veil.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Fingers crossed for a bateau neckline!

LaRae
Old 05-17-2018, 07:50 PM
Aristocracy

Maxima's was awesome. Maybe in that mold?
Old 05-17-2018, 08:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I have always thought that when it comes to royal wedding gowns, CP Victoria of Sweden's was the classiest and most regal one in my book and the one most suited to Meghan's taste.

The simplicity of her dress along with the regal presentation of the Swedish Cameo tiara with her veil positioned behind the tiara itself is what made the overall picture of Victoria as a royal bride using everything to amplify who she was rather than have one item overshadow the total image.

This is what I'd love to see with Meghan on Saturday. The dress, the veil and the tiara amplifying Meghan as the person she is in a complete picture rather than singling out the dress or the tiara or the veil.
I love lace but I totally agree CP Victoria's gown was classy and regal. It literally took my breath away when I saw it. I like the look - clean, no fuss yet regal. I hope Meghan will go that route but I know I will be blown away by whatever she wears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PtahHotep View Post
Maxima's was awesome. Maybe in that mold?
I loved Maxima's veil and I still do. I believe it was the most beautiful of royal bridal veils, and I've seen a lot of them.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:03 PM
Courtier

What a fun app.
I always love seeing the dress of Grace Kelly. I saw the replica when it toured Bendigo.
For Meghan, Letiza's and Mette-Marit's gowns looked very graceful overlayed onto her picture. I think she looks great in various styles so I predict a gorgeous bride tomorrow.
It has been more than seven days of royal wedding fever on our TV.
Soon the dress will be centre.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
What a fun app! I like her best in Victoria's and Charlene's.
Cool! She looks best in Victoria's gown.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
What a fun app.
I think she looks great in various styles so I predict a gorgeous bride tomorrow.
It has been more than seven days of royal wedding fever on our TV.
Soon the dress will be centre.
Totally off-topic but I am getting so very excited seeing our Australian friends here referring to the wedding as tomorrow. I know it's the same amount of time left for everyone but it's a psychological boost when you're waiting for something and it finally shows up and you can say 'tomorrow is the day'.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EloisevonLippe View Post
This is FUN!

An interactive 'app' that superimposes previous Royal dresses on Meghan. She looks beautiful in Charlene's sheath.

https://www.univision.com/estilo-de-...yal-highnesses
Fun app, indeed! Seeing that really gave me a new appreciation for Victoria's gown. I like that one the best on Meghan but if she were to go with something similar, I'd like more detail, since I don't think she'll be loaned a "statement" tiara (the teck crescent could work, however). A more simple gown like Victoria's needs a bolder veil and tiara, I think.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrant View Post
Cool! She looks best in Victoria's gown.
I love the app although it would nice if there were even more styles (including perhaps some nonroyal brides.)

I also agree she looks best in Victoria's gown, the bateau necklace really flatters her. (I don't know whether it's a consideration because the shoulders are somewhat bare.) Then I'd say Mette-Mirit's gown (but with a more fitted waist) or Kate's (I doubt she want a gown too much like Kate's because she'll get criticism for that) or Letiza's. The representation of Grace Kelly's gown somehow doesn't look like the photos I've seen - it looked much nicer than that. Fortunately Diana's dress is very out of style - if she wore a dress like that, she'd be severely criticized.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrs View Post
I love the app although it would nice if there were even more styles (including perhaps some nonroyal brides.)

I also agree she looks best in Victoria's gown, the bateau necklace really flatters her. (I don't know whether it's a consideration because the shoulders are somewhat bare.) Then I'd say Mette-Mirit's gown (but with a more fitted waist) or Kate's (I doubt she want a gown too much like Kate's because she'll get criticism for that) or Letiza's. The representation of Grace Kelly's gown somehow doesn't look like the photos I've seen - it looked much nicer than that. Fortunately Diana's dress is very out of style - if she wore a dress like that, she'd be severely criticized.
I don't think it has anything to do with criticism, that she wouldn't want a dress like Kate's.

Main reasons

1 most brides want their own dress.
2. Meghan and Kate have very different styles. Evident every time we see them. Nothing about Meghan's style says she'd pick something like Kate.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:16 AM
Aristocracy

Does anyone remember Caroline Kennedy’s gown from her 1986 wedding? I adored the shamrocks - a gorgeous nod to her Irish heritage. I also loved her groomsmen styled by the late, great Willi Smith.

Sarah’s (York) dress also had beautiful symbols - hearts (love), anchors (sailor/Andrew), bumblebees (Ferguson crest).

I wonder if Meghan’s gown will have any symbols incorporates.

Photo 1

Photo 2

Closed Thread