Meghan Markle: Wedding Dress Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like that at all...I hope it's not the dress. When will the designer be officially announced? Does anyone remember when KP announced the designer of Kate's gown? Was it a few days before the wedding, or the day of?

That dress looks like a (bad) rip-off of HGD Stéphanie of Luxembourg's wedding gown....

Yeah, it does remind me of Stephanie and Claire's wedding gowns.

Last edited:
It’s nothing like Stephanie or Claire’s dress. They were both beautiful brides

The BBC announced Kate’s designer as soon as she stepped from her car in front of WA.

I don't like that at all...I hope it's not the dress. When will the designer be officially announced? Does anyone remember when KP announced the designer of Kate's gown? Was it a few days before the wedding, or the day of?

Yeah, it does remind me of Stephanie and Claire's wedding gowns.

It's not the gown..it's a runway dress from a couple seasons ago from what I understand....it's just the D.M. doing their thing.

LaRae

Clarence house revealed via twitter it was Sarah Burton, on day of wedding. Later reported by BBC

There were rumors about Burton for months before, but never confirmed. But there were rumors of other designers. Like 'Carole and Pippa seen leaving Bruce Oldfield's'.

Ralph and Russo is a good bet, but they aren't about to reveal any secrets. They would know it would be a sure fire way of never getting her business again. And no major British fashion house is going to take that risk.

Nor is Meghan going to wear an off the rack dress. Yes, I know it was the show stopper of a runway show, but it is 2 seasons old. If she is spending that kind of money on a gown, its goin to be custom made for her.

Besides that gown doesn't look like anything she would wear IMO.

Last edited:
I agree...those Saab dresses were gorgeous.

LaRae

Not as big a fan of Claire's, but Stephanie's was stunning.

I actually think the RR gown is stunning in its own way, I like the sleeves. But it is meant as a 'show stopper' its a shock and awe gown, not the royal wedding variety.

I don't care for it at all...it's just overdone. I cannot imagine Meghan getting anywhere near something like that.

LaRae

I don't care for it at all...it's just overdone. I cannot imagine Meghan getting anywhere near something like that.

LaRae

Oh heck no, I couldn't imagine Meghan, or really any royal bride :ohmy:

But for what the dress is, it is beautiful. It does have some amazing beadwork. The dress isn't meant to be designed for a bride to be pictured in. It is a 'runway piece'. The last gown in any fashion show is supposed to be a spectacle, something that shocks the audience, the big bang to end a show. And looking at the gown, with those eyes, it is stunning for that purpose.

You have to admit it's a superb photoshop though. While I can't see her wearing anything like that as it is too princessy and overdone, it is interesting that with her face on it it looked like she could "carry it" if she chose.

I can hardly wait. I imagine her stepping out of the car and looking marvellous. However, hearing bridesmaids will be travelling part of the time in the car with her I wonder how sleek her gown will be.

It's not the gown..it's a runway dress from a couple seasons ago from what I understand....it's just the D.M. doing their thing.

LaRae

Gotcha.

:previous: The Day of the wedding, if like Kate's.

There were rumors about Burton for months before, but never confirmed. But there were rumors of other designers. Like 'Carole and Pippa seen leaving Bruce Oldfield's'.

Ralph and Russo is a good bet, but they aren't about to reveal any secrets. They would know it would be a sure fire way of never getting her business again. And no major British fashion house is going to take that risk.

Nor is Meghan going to wear an off the rack dress. Yes, I know it was the show stopper of a runway show, but it is 2 seasons old. If she is spending that kind of money on a gown, its goin to be custom made for her.

Besides that gown doesn't look like anything she would wear IMO.

Yeah, I remember all of the rumors about Burton. The rumors about Oldfield didn't last very long because most assumed he was making an outfit for Carole or Pippa.

R&R have been rumored for months, so I'm starting to think they may be the designer. I agree that the photoshopped DM gown doesn't look like Meghan's style at all. After seeing the things she's worn over the last month or so, I expect her to choose a gown that's more structured and modern. I don't see her in a ton of lace.

It’s nothing like Stephanie or Claire’s dress. They were both beautiful brides

Eh...I really wasn't a fan of the Saab gowns.

Wagering on any reports that this is *the* dress is kind of like paying for something with a penny and waiting for change. We're simply not going to know until Meghan is actually seen in her bridal finery.

The actual dress is a closely guarded, well kept secret and I seriously doubt that anyone in the know would risk a leak. It will probably be announced like Kate's was. As soon as the dress is actually seen, then they all can let fly with the designer and details on the dress.

Several designers have been rumored to be 'the one' but who knows which one it will be.

LaRae

:previous: Well some of them were way out there. Like the Israeli designer who claims to have been asked for designs. Anyone who has spoken to the press can be ruled out. Ralph and Russo didn't talk, it is said to have been leaked if true, so wouldn't rule them out.

Ladbrokes bets had RR ahead of Erdem, with Mouret and Beckham following. We know Victoria is not (not that I ever think she was in contention) and Mouret is French would have him off the list.

I do not like how this woman has been acting from the start....she shouldn't be talking about anything. I hope they drop her from the friend circle.

LaRae

Well, she didn't badmouth her.

Last edited:
Oh good grief...that is not Meghan's handmade dress.

LARae

Not unless she and Harry secretly met over 2 years ago and knew they would be engaged back then. When that dress was handcrafted and sewn. :lol:

She will wear the hand-stitched, heavily beaded design to walk down the aisle at St George’s Chapel in front of 600 guests – and an estimated billion TV viewers worldwide

I hope it's not true. Even if it's true I hope it's something very different with the gown Daily Fail picked, it's like an overdone version of Stephanie's gown. Oh wait why on earth do I think Daily Fail is trustable............?

BTW I like the draft/prediction from the designer of Diana's gown.

I hope it's not true. Even if it's true I hope it's something very different with the gown Daily Fail picked, it's like an overdone version of Stephanie's gown. Oh wait why on earth do I think Daily Fail is trustable............?

BTW I like the draft/prediction from the designer of Diana's gown.

It wasn't a prediction.

Elizabeth Emanuel was cashing in on her Diana connection for free pr, nothing else. She is launching a new company, and used the interview as a way to get word out about her new designs. She wasn't pitching what she thought Meghan should wear, she was pitching her line. The suggestion Meghan should wear a dress with a short front to show off her good legs, not something any royal bride could seriously consider.

Elizabeth is no different then the Israeli designer, or any other designer, who has used the wedding for 15 minutes of fame.

Meghan's handmade wedding dress

The Australian", is also carrying the info of the Royal School of Needlework tagging the Ralph and Russo team's visit to them CyrilVladisla.

(Can't post the link, but this newspaper is considered our most serious.)

As they did Catherine's wedding dress embroidery, to have R and R's visit mentioned by them seems to be a bit of a hint for the media.

Last edited:
It wasn't a prediction.

Elizabeth Emanuel was cashing in on her Diana connection for free pr, nothing else. She is launching a new company, and used the interview as a way to get word out about her new designs. She wasn't pitching what she thought Meghan should wear, she was pitching her line. The suggestion Meghan should wear a dress with a short front to show off her good legs, not something any royal bride could seriously consider.

Elizabeth is no different then the Israeli designer, or any other designer, who has used the wedding for 15 minutes of fame.

Thanks for the info. :flowers: I don't think her design is completely appropriate too (I have to admit I watched the video without turning on the sound and only had a glance at her design so I didn't realize the length issue when I post my comment:bang:), but anyway I pretty like her dress specially the upper part.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I highly doubt Harry would have to make a personal visit for payment arrangements. That would be handled by staff, or over the phone. It seems highly unlikely the groom was visiting the bridal dress designer. And all reports suggest he doesn't even know the designer.

Ralph and Russo is not the only shop at that location. There is an Armani boutique as well.

Not ruling out RR for Meghan, but seems unlikely errand for Harry. Besides they are going to be extremely careful about being seen coming and going from a designer.

Harry's fitness Club (very upscale fitness club) is in that building. Read an article about it earlier today. Very posh.

LaRae

If anyone was known to be "good for it" when paying for purchases, I would think any member of the royal family would be it. I don't see any royal personally going into a place of business to pay on something (other than maybe Harry going to Waitrose) and the cost would be charged to appropriate royal.

I don't think we're ever going to garner any kind of hint on the wedding dress whatsoever before the day of the wedding itself.

Now seen picture of H leaving "building" - its his gym. He's in trainers, sweatgear and carrying a water bottle!

The designer could be R&R but hasn't MM said that she didn't like "meringue" wedding dresses?

And didn't KP also say she is paying for the dress herself?

Is there a sub forum for guesses on what colour and designs guests will be wearing, i.e. Doria, Meghan's girlfriends, HM, Catherine, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom