Meghan Markle: Wedding Dress Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT but I mean, Kate's train is pretty short for Westminster Abbey (is hers the shortest one among the royal brides'?), and her tiara is pretty small (you can't find a smaller one from the vault...). Anyway the only thing that will affect her choose is her (+Harry) preference and the location, it has nothing to do with Kate. Kate is the wife of the future King doesn't mean that every royal bride after her in this generation has to be limited by her wedding choices. If BRF really emphasizes such thing then Margaret probably shouldn't wear a wedding tiara which is bigger than her sister. Regarding the train length, I guess probably around 3m which same as Sophie's, but I hope it will be longer as to me Sophie's is too short for St George's Chapel. (Sometimes I think BRF now prefers something more "lowkey", no more extremely long train like Diana's and Sarah's)

Sohpie's train would've stood out much more had she gone with a A-line or modified A-line. She already had a more fitted top, and then the underwhelming bottom part just didn't hold up. A 3M train is actually cathedral. Court train is only 1M.

I don't think it's as much as BRF prefers more lowkey, but the 80s was just a different animal. :lol:

Sohpie's train would've stood out much more had she gone with a A-line or modified A-line. She already had a more fitted top, and then the underwhelming bottom part just didn't hold up. A 3M train is actually cathedral. Court train is only 1M.

I don't think it's as much as BRF prefers more lowkey, but the 80s was just a different animal. :lol:

Oh yes you are right, the 80s fashion trend:ROFLMAO:.

I search the photo of Sophie's wedding gown and I realize the problem is not (only) its length. In most of the photos her train is quite...messy.

This thread isn’t about Kate or Sophie and what they wore on their wedding day. Let’s get back on topic.

Last edited:
What type of material might Meghan's bridal veil be made of?

What type of material might Meghan's bridal veil be made of?

I'm hoping for a blusher that's as translucent as Pippa's. Meghan would look absolutely stunning with just a very thin veil, so we can see her face and make up clearly behind it. I'd love a Maxima styled veil, but not holding my breath on that. :lol:

When Meghan first enters the chapel, do you think her veil will be covering her face?

When Meghan first enters the chapel, do you think her veil will be covering her face?
I really don’t know honestly. Usually brides marrying into the BRF has had a blusher, but they are doing things their own way. That doesn’t mean she will go without a blusher as she’s seen to be keen on following some of the traditions that some would think is ok to deviate from it. That is definitely one of the things that’s more in the gray area.

I can see her doing it either way....but if she wears a veil (a proper veil) I think it will be sheer over her face.

LaRae

Do we know if the Royal School of Needlework is involved with Meghan’s wedding dress?

I don't think we heard anything at all as far as details for Kate's wedding dress until the day of the wedding and I imagine its the same thing with Meghan's. No details at all will be released until she steps out in the gown for all to see.

No mention was made of the lacemakers for Kate's dress, until after the wedding.

I don't see them releasing such information. One it would give away detail of the dress. And two it would lead to the school being hounded for information.

I think Meghan is going to have fun with this wedding and this gown. :flowers: I've decided her first wedding, while giving some clues, cannot be fully relied upon to guide insight as to what her choices will be this time round. ;) She may well totally embrace a 'royal' wedding and gown. It will have her preferences, of course, but within the context of a royal presentation. Hence, I am looking to see (maybe) lace, or embroidery at the least, and definitely some sparkles (along with tiara and earrings, not sure about necklace and bracelets). So I think there will be a veil, but thinking no blusher. So we'll see. :cool:

I actually think Meghan won't wear a veil over her face. I mean, she might, but my gut tells me she'll be similar to Mary (of Denmark) in that regard.

She'd be pretty in a lovely long, thin, sheer veil over her face though - hopefully one that doesn't get tortured by the wind.

Meghan's makeup lately has been really lovely - she seems to have switched up her "nude" lipstick look too and is also smoking her eyes out a bit more expertly.

I just realized she reminds me of one of my friends growing up - same eye makeup look.

I actually think Meghan won't wear a veil over her face. I mean, she might, but my gut tells me she'll be similar to Mary (of Denmark) in that regard.

She'd be pretty in a lovely long, thin, sheer veil over her face though - hopefully one that doesn't get tortured by the wind.

Meghan's makeup lately has been really lovely - she seems to have switched up her "nude" lipstick look too and is also smoking her eyes out a bit more expertly.

I just realized she reminds me of one of my friends growing up - same eye makeup look.

You make a point I've thought: at both the Wessex wedding and the Charles and Camilla wedding, both brides vainly struggled with wind. Sophie seemed to nearly lose her veil (if I'm not mistaken) and Camilla had to hold one hand onto her hat. There must be some sort of 'wind tunnel' effect right there on the steps of the Chapel. Someone who knows the area, who has visited, maybe can speak to this.

If in fact there is a wind issue that seems to be something Meghan would want to consider. :huh:

However, Peter and Autumn Philips had a very calm weather/wind experience as one can see in the video. And BTW I like the little bolero-like lace 'jacket' (what is it called?) Autumn had on. It was a handsome way of handling the bare shoulders. I like her whole look. Never really noticed, or paid attention, before.

It looks like wind and bridal veils do not get on very well. Even Diana at Westminster Abbey had a problem with wind.

Not too veer too much off topic but looking for this photo, I realized that Diana's train was hugely overstated. It looked more like the runner that would be rolled down the aisle before the wedding party advances.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dia...Q7AkIQA&biw=1097&bih=554#imgrc=iOMhJiVwJfuoTM:

I don't think Meghan will wear a full blusher at all. She'll also have a more moderate train. I don't think she's going to overemphasize anything but rather put herself together in such a way that the gown and accessories enhance her rather than detract from her.

And BTW I like the little bolero-like lace 'jacket' (what is it called?) Autumn had on. It was a handsome way of handling the bare shoulders. I like her whole look. Never really noticed, or paid attention, before.

I never liked those shrugs.
I realize they cover bare shoulders during the church service, but to me they always look like an afterthought, and detract from the overall appearance of the gown.

But, I didn't like Autumn's gown to begin with, so that probably wasn't entirely due to the shrug.

Last edited:
Not a fan of Jenny Packham wedding dresses, and certainly not that one :sad:

Sorry it screams night dress to me from the front, except the little jeweled area. And I don't like the ruffle or what ever it is called, on the back of the skirt.

:previous: IMO it does look very "Nightdress" and the weird vertical ruffles are not just awful, they don't make sense.

I never liked those shrugs.
I realize they cover bare shoulders during the church service, but to me they always look like an afterthought, and detract from the overall appearance of the gown.

But, I didn't like Autumn's gown to begin with, so that probably wasn't entirely due to the shrug.
I agree with you, didn’t like autumns dress or her bridesmaids either.

I know...not a huge lace fan but I just love that pattern.

LaRae

Yes I think it would be better with less on the dress itself.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom