The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 11:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

My guess is a Modified A Line. I don't expect to see her in anything super fitted or anything revealing.

I agree there won't be a huge monster dress or super fashion/runway type either.

LaRae

Old 11-28-2017, 11:59 AM
Administrator

I always struggle with this subject and thought about what sort of dress Meghan will wear and realised it was the same kind of thing I thought previous royal brides would wear and was always proven wrong lol

If we assume Harry will be in uniform, then Meghan's dress will need a certain amount of formality to it as well and so I would say it will not be a soft, floaty fabric.

Do we know how tall Meghan is? I imagine her to be quite petite and so I envisage something that is unexpectedly conventional in one way, perhaps a little on the safe-side without too much embellishment, but it will have an interesting design element to it such as the shape of the sleeves or neckline, maybe some asymmetry somewhere.

The silhouette will be quite full but not form fitting, but it wont be meringue-like.

Old 11-28-2017, 12:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've been told she is 5'5 and also 5'7 ...so....

LaRae
Old 11-28-2017, 01:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
Not only that but I donít know that we really have a good idea of her personal style yet. Weíve seen her on Suits and professionally but not so much privately. She seems more laid back than some people think. I donít think itíll be particularly fashion forward. I think the dress will be a more classic and subdued dress but the dresses of other foreign princesses were rather plain to me although I did like Victoriaís and thought it suited her. I think Meghan could have something more romantic and lace is very likely to be on the dress. I love lace so Iím wouldnít be sad.

Question: What does everyone mean by modern because I would say most if not all of the royal brides had modern dresses?
I've been following Meghan's style for quite some time - and she's basically classic with a modern edgy twist. That doesn't mean she won't do lace, but I personally think she will do something a bit more modern.

Although she does love Elie Saab (who doesn't), so she could still do something frilly and embellished. Though Elie is also known for really architectural shapes that are embellished heavily - but she won't be using Elie Saab, so...

I think Ralph and Russo are my fave options.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm wondering though ...might they do a (modern) country style wedding?. Since they are doing St George's and all the country around them and they've been said to love Windsor (aparaently all those country walks took place there)...and it looks like they will have a more laid back type of wedding....so that will certain influence her dress choice.

LaRae
Old 11-28-2017, 01:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I'm wondering though ...might they do a (modern) country style wedding?. Since they are doing St George's and all the country around them and they've been said to love Windsor (aparaently all those country walks took place there)...and it looks like they will have a more laid back type of wedding....so that will certain influence her dress choice.

LaRae
Won't Harry be in his uniform? That and "country" just don't mix.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
Won't Harry be in his uniform? That and "country" just don't mix.
Before today I was sure of it. Now I'm not positive based on what they have said. Still even if he does, many a military man married in a casual/less formal wedding wearing the uniform. It's done in the U.S. quite a bit.

LaRae
Old 11-28-2017, 06:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Not only that but I don’t know that we really have a good idea of her personal style yet. We’ve seen her on Suits and professionally but not so much privately. She seems more laid back than some people think. I don’t think it’ll be particularly fashion forward. I think the dress will be a more classic and subdued dress but the dresses of other foreign princesses were rather plain to me although I did like Victoria’s and thought it suited her. I think Meghan could have something more romantic and lace is very likely to be on the dress. I love lace so I’m wouldn’t be sad.

Question: What does everyone mean by modern because I would say most if not all of the royal brides had modern dresses?
Having now seen Meghan's engagement interview dress, I am going to agree with you. Meghan did not make a statement with her green dress. She wore the dress, the dress did not wear her. That dress was not front and center, she was. Coco Chanel would have approved. I am starting to think Meghan may bring a very subdued fashion sense to her royal role. We will certainly find out at the couple's Nottingham event.

It occurs to me that up to now a great deal of her fashion has been dictated by her actress career, and the fact that she was selling a fashion line. What she would choose for a red carpet event would have everything to do with promoting herself in her career, or promoting the show she was acting in, etc. She's no longer doing that.

In many ways that white coat was brave because it did not conform to 'fashion perfection'. It was a coat, a nice one, clean and serviceable. It was cold and she put on her nice clean coat and tied it up. Done. She didn't do a fuss about what the camera would see. I don't know if I am right, but I'd be sooooo tickled if I was. Must wait and see.

We'll know a lot about her potential choice as we watch her outfits for royal duties. I am thinking she may not be a clothes horse as a royal, and wouldn't that be novel! Definitely would mean a more understated wedding gown.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

The hopes and dreams of all the fashionistas are crumblings to dust if they get yet another princess who *gasp* recycles and wears understated clothing!

I await the first time Meghan's clothing is called 'too mantronly' LOL

LaRae
Old 11-28-2017, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The hopes and dreams of all the fashionistas are crumblings to dust if they get yet another princess who *gasp* recycles and wears understated clothing!

LaRae
Oh my goodness--I can hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth already
Old 11-28-2017, 08:22 PM
Royal Highness

Since this is Meghan's second marriage can she wear white or ivory? It doesn't matter in regular circumstances but this is a royal wedding in the BRF. Is a veil out as well? If so, I move for a blush gown and a gorgeous tiara.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

There won't be any color or veil restrictions on Meghan. It will be all up to her.

LaRae
Old 11-28-2017, 09:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Since this is Meghan's second marriage can she wear white or ivory? It doesn't matter in regular circumstances but this is a royal wedding in the BRF. Is a veil out as well? If so, I move for a blush gown and a gorgeous tiara.
There will be a veil, that I think we can be pretty certain of. Camilla didn't wear a veil at St. George because it wasn't a wedding, but a blessing. The dress will be white or similar. It won't a pastel color like Camilla's.

I was watching a show this morning with a stylist that Meghan is actually friends with. He mentioned Stella McCartney among others as a possibility. It didn't seem like he had inside information, but rather it's just his own opinion as a stylist. I thought it was interesting considering we haven't heard that name.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:

LaRae
I will die laughing...and strangely happy. I’m very curious about her personal style and how she will adapt it to royal life. It’s going to be fun fun fun!

I would love a pretty cream or champagne dress not because she’s divorced but because that’s what I personally love. Regardless, I’m sure it’ll be white or off-white in color.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Dress wise even happier getting married in the chapel. In something like the abbey her gown would need to be grand to make a statement in such a huge space. And I would be worried she would feel a push towards something like what Kate had worn. St George's definitely she can get away with a more streamlined modern gown and still make a great splash with it.

I too like the thought of champagne or another color. I think it would suit her and be a nice change from stark white gowns.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:25 AM
Courtier

I think an off white colour and I wouldn't rule out a vintage or borrowed gown.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:38 AM
Heir Apparent

The last two church weddings I attended the brides didnít wear white dresses, it seems to be a trend currently.
One wore a cream dress like this:
http://www.njuskalo.hr/image-bigger/...a-16577814.jpg
And the other wore a silver dress similar to this:
https://www.agnesgown.com/images/201...ses-2366-2.jpg

I thought both looked fabulous and much better than stark white.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
I don't see her wearing a used gown. But a vintage inspired one certainly
Old 11-29-2017, 01:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
I highly doubt it'll be borrowed. If nothing else, a royal wedding typically like to showcase British products. Even Pippa's wedding dress had a lot of talk about how it was showing off the fine craftsmanship of London designer. Meghan's wedding dress will be custom and will be a Britain based designer.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I will die laughing...and strangely happy. I’m very curious about her personal style and how she will adapt it to royal life. It’s going to be fun fun fun!

I would love a pretty cream or champagne dress not because she’s divorced but because that’s what I personally love. Regardless, I’m sure it’ll be white or off-white in color.
Wouldn't it be something if they went vintage and had some fun with it? Instead of doing the expected just do something different than you would typically see of a royal bride, but still keeping within the parameters of a Church wedding (everything covered that needs to be).

LaRae

Closed Thread