Make-up & Skincare of Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really did not like Madeleine's lip color at her wedding. I like the color but not for a wedding. Though, I thought the rest of her make up was nice.

Princess Mary has beautiful skin and her makeup always looks lovely :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kate Cambridge needs to ditch the way, way over done, oh-so-black and thick eyeliner. Honestly, she looks much of the time as if she puts her make up on with a trowel. I'm sure she'd look younger and prettier with far less cosmetics, and it would be better for her skin, as well.

I saw her in Canada in 2011 and up-close her skin is not the best and I can't help thinking the overly done make up doesn't help. OTOH, her eyes are such a pretty colour, hazel with flecks of green, and I think less eyeliner and/or a different shade of it would make them stand out more.

I do like her lip colour choices very much.

You know, I have often wondered if she had permanent eyeliner. It is always the same. There is mever a time where her liner is smudged or uneven. If it is permanent she wouldn't have to worry about the daily routine. Smart girl if true.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
You know, I have often wondered if she had permanent eyeliner. It is always the same. There is mever a time where her liner is smudged or uneven. If it is permanent she wouldn't have to worry about the daily routine. Smart girl if true.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app
It's so restricting though. The eye liner ages her and lining the bottom lid looks horrible on almost every singe person. A nice, fresh smokey eye is so much better. If not just to do something different sometimes.

Doesn't seem worth it, to me. :ermm:

It was said at one time that Diana had permanent eye liner, and sometimes I think probably Princess mary do, she always has the same, always perfect never smear, or running under the eyes! I guess if you have a very good professional doing it, should be good and this gilrs have the top of reofessionals around them!

i am generally a fan of kate's make up, i even like it despite her tendency to over line her eyes.
i liked this article on her make up and skincare regime.

Kate Cambridge needs to ditch the way, way over done, oh-so-black and thick eyeliner. Honestly, she looks much of the time as if she puts her make up on with a trowel. I'm sure she'd look younger and prettier with far less cosmetics, and it would be better for her skin, as well.

I saw her in Canada in 2011 and up-close her skin is not the best and I can't help thinking the overly done make up doesn't help. OTOH, her eyes are such a pretty colour, hazel with flecks of green, and I think less eyeliner and/or a different shade of it would make them stand out more.

I do like her lip colour choices very much.

what made you think her skin was not the best? it is surprising because in the pictures it looks almost perfect! i guess cameras, after all, cannot pick up most of our imperfections, thankfully.

Victoria look like she has sun damage skin.

i am generally a fan of kate's make up, i even like it despite her tendency to over line her eyes.
i liked this article on her make up and skincare regime.

what made you think her skin was not the best? it is surprising because in the pictures it looks almost perfect! i guess cameras, after all, cannot pick up most of our imperfections, thankfully.

Camera always pick up imperfections, it magnify them most of the time

Make-up artist Linda Öhrström made crown princess Victoria's make up to the Nobel festivities. After having been a make-up artist 20 years Linda started using cleaner, organic and natural products.

Linda at her blog:
"This weekend I did the make up for HRH Crown Princess Victoria before Nobel festivities. She wore a H & M dress in sustainable materials: organic silk, lyocell and recycled polyester.
I love that she takes a stand of Swedish design and ecological alternative!
It is especially interesting that even the makeup went to the same sustainable and ethical path, with several Swedish organic skincare and makeup brands.
I added a natural makeup with a focus on dramatic eyes that went into golden gold, chocolate and champagne which was supplemented with a natural color on the lips. The colors were chosen to highlight Victoria's delicate features and own colors, while they matched the shine of the dress."

The gorgeous photo at her blog is by Charles Hammarsten.
Organic Beauty by Linda Öhrström _ Ekologisk makeup på Nobel

Make up artist Teresa Grundin did crown princess Victoria's make up to Nobel Prize ceremony on 10th December 2018 (she did Victoria's make up to Nobel ceremony already in 2010 and has done to other events too). She tells at her blog what she used to Victoria's make up:
Nobelmake upen - Teresa Grundin
Translation

Back
Top Bottom