Make-up & Skincare of Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In one pic she looks as if suddenly became a Michael Jackson-look a like. What do these people think besides the wish for the money they get for the promotion of this programme? :ermm:

:previous: Ah, you spotted that "Michael Jackson" look too. Now that is seriously creepy!

Rocks it their heads, Madame Royale? Sounds about right to me! :lol:

Are those "suggestions" meant to be serious?
Surely, no one in their right mind would suggest anyone - let alone a royal - wear a truly horrible makeup like that? :ohmy:

My 4 year old niece manages better results when she plays with her mother's makeup.

I thought the "On the Town" and "Festival" looks weren't too bad, although I wouldn't be encouraging her to apply the eyeliner heavily as she usually does. But I liked the shade lipstick and eyeshadow in those two. The other looks were just plain awful.

Last edited:
i have to say that the way kate wears her eyemakeup is the same seen on princess diana during certain tv interviews...so if your going to complain then complain on both ladies

I don't think the objective is to compare the two ladies since no mention was made of Diana in the article, so I'm not going down that road. There's already too much comparison between the two already. And my remark about her eyeliner was not a complaint but just an observation, given Kate's very obvious and already commented-upon tendency toward its heavy application.

Last edited:
that blue eyeshadow is ghastly! perhaps instead of a makeup makeover, she just needs a new hairstyle.

I...I um I...I....WTH!
I am at a loss for words. They made her look like a clown. Drag queens don't wear so much makeup. It almost turns me off wearing makeup forever.

Ew. It all looks awful. I hope we never see her with any of those looks.

I think that's too much make up, the amount she puts on now kooks just fine.

This has nothing to do with Kate or her preferences - this is all free publicity for M&S and their new virtual tool. just a gimmick to drive traffic to the site - they could have done anyone and did... but Kate was such an easy target.

I do wish Kate wouldn't apply so much makeup, especially the horrible orangy blush and way too much eye makeup.

This said, one reason she may apply so much makeup is because Kate doesn't have a very good skin; sometimes people with less than perfect skin (me included) feel the need to "hide" behind a thick layer of makeup. Then again, there are ways to apply all the necessary beauty products, but still achieve a natural, "no makeup" look.

Not saying this for the sake of criticising, mind you; just stating my opinion based on my observations.

Last edited:
Besides the blush (she should probably ease up on it), I don't think her makeup looks bad. It doesn't look any heavier (or worse) than what some of the other royal women wear.

Last edited:
I also have the feeling that Kate doesn't have very good skin and "hides" it behind a lot of make-up. I'd like to see her more natural from time to time.

Letizia's make-up in this picture looks really horrible too. I mean her neck is always lighter than her face lately and normally I'm not someone to point fingers at that, but sometimes it just looks too terrible. Doesn't anyone ever tell her that or maybe it's just the pictures/light/whatever?

Letizia's make-up in this picture looks really horrible too. I mean her neck is always lighter than her face lately and normally I'm not someone to point fingers at that, but sometimes it just looks too terrible. Doesn't anyone ever tell her that or maybe it's just the pictures/light/whatever?

I think Letizia has a very good make up compared to other royal ladies apart from face/neck difference.

Its striking, almost in every event that she attends and defo no light issue
http://s13.postimage.org/6svb569iv/Bild_143_430x650.png

Don't get me wrong, I also think Letizia has great make-up most of the time, and normally the neck/face difference doesn't bother me that much, but in that picture her face looks terribly dark IMO.

Of all the pictures and videos of Princess Anne, I haven't seen her wear any makeup except lipstick. She did wear blue eyeshadow at her wedding though, and it matched her eyes perfectly. I saw one interview of her and David Frost from 28 years ago; she was wearing a periwinkle blue dress with gold stud earrings (she's had those earrings forever!) and had her hair in her signature hairstyle. She looked younger than her 34 years, especially when she looked off to the side. I think blue is her best colour. She also has a remarkable peaches and cream complexion. If I were a royal and needed makeup tips, I would go to her for Anne-swers.

Such long fingers too!

Last edited by a moderator:
i think that although kate may use a lot of make up, it certainly looks (most of the times) rather natural.

I love this shade of lipstick on Charlotte Casiraghi

Lovely make-up on Victoria

pic 1 +++ pic 2 +++ pic 3 +++ pic 4 +++ pic 5 +++ a little bit more dramatic +++

Thank you. These pics are just adorable. The last 2 links don't work :sad:

I do wish Kate wouldn't apply so much makeup, especially the horrible orangy blush and way too much eye makeup.

This said, one reason she may apply so much makeup is because Kate doesn't have a very good skin; sometimes people with less than perfect skin (me included) feel the need to "hide" behind a thick layer of makeup. Then again, there are ways to apply all the necessary beauty products, but still achieve a natural, "no makeup" look.

Not saying this for the sake of criticising, mind you; just stating my opinion based on my observations.

I completely agree . . . she probably needs to allow her skin to breath and heal, I bet she eventually will find her skin younger and beautiful. There are ways to hide imperfections just where needed and accomplish a natural look! (speaking from experience) :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom