Long or Short Hair?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inthe fifties, sixties, seventies, eighties, there were great short hairstyles for royals, stars and "commoners" alike. I'm thinking of Princess Margaret, Princess/Queen Elizabeth, Grace Kelly, Elizabeth Taylor, Ava Gardner, and later, Princess Caroline and Princess Diana. Then, the really attractive short or medium-length hairstyles seemed to disappear and, with some exceptions, we tend to prefer our royals, young or older in longer hair. What happened ?
Also, I think royals don't exploit the chignon option, except perhaps Princess Mathilde, who, as I once posted, seems to have reinvented it in its modern, upbeat (no pun itended) version, as much as they could.

To be honest - its my very own opinion - I really really dislike the short hairstyles of the fifties (except Grace Kelly's - this hairstyle looked stunning) and eighties. :sick: I always thought how much better Princess Margaret (which was a really beauty though) would have looked like, if she wouldn't had this short curly hair all her life, same for the Queen. I mean, it suited them anyway, but IMO this hairstyles are just frumpy. Same for Diana's hairstyle in the Eighties and Nineties - I always thought, it made her look old and less feminine. I must say I prefer long hair and if it doesn't suit the woman very much or she gets older, she should wear it all up.

But I liked the 20ies and 30ies hairstyles, maybe because they weren't very curly, there were slight waves in the hair. Oh, and I like Märtha Louise with short hair very much, also Zara Philips and the latest haircut of Countess Alexandra as well :flowers:

I think that long or shourt hair depends on both "hair fashion" and also the form of an owner's face (square, heart- shaped and so on).
I prefer medium-long hair, as it's very practical, if you need a haido, you'll pin hair up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom