If you were Princess Beatrice's or Eugenie's style advisor....

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My advice to both girls would be:

Get your hair cut into a shoulder length style that is manageable and tidy, can be put be put up for grand occasions. But at present your hairstyles, particularly Beatrice's is untidy and does nothing for you. Maintain regular appointments and generally make your selves look like you care

Don't try to copy your mother - her clothes taste is not great, look to Zara Phillips, Princess Anne or Sophie - all of these ladies look well groomed, cared for and look like they put thought into there clothes.

The plunging necklines are not necessary, we can see you have nice breasts but don't show them so often.

Never wear black stockings with white shoes or white dresses - trashy. Lighten your hosiery to smoky grey, black tights are one thing, black, blak stockings another. Light hosiery will flatter your legs.

Get rid of the outrageous hats, they don't suit you. I know hats are part of your job, again ask Sophie for her milliner or even Camilla, she has some nice hats - the silly ones don't do you any favours.

Enough for now

Sandra

Princess Anne for clothes advice. Sorry, no great taste there. Sophie looks good sometimes and dreadful other times. Yes, they need a guide and, you are right, not their mother. Their hats are atrocious, but don't go to Camilla for advice either. Or for that matter Sophie. The flying saucers are awful and Camilla's over sized hats make her look like a mushroom with feathers. Most look the same. Run to a lady with style. Lady Helen Windsor or the Duchess of Gloucester or her daughter. Or Princess Michael and her daughter. Those are ladies who can dress.

The Queen could give them advice on appropriate undergarments. Her bust is big in proportion to her waist, but she always looked--um--under control.:)

I have noticed that almost all of the royal women have large busts. However, none of them appears to have properly supportive undergarments. Is it the fashion there to have soft, loose fitting bras? Beatrice's style advisor might help her to get some bathing suits with proper support so we will not see any more of those saggy pictures in bikinis. The blowsy outfits Beatrice and her sister wear are further sabotaged by insufficient support. Even Camilla's bust appears to be approaching her waistline. Is it considered unroyal to have definition of the bustline? There are so many beautifully constructed undergarments available today. Are they banned from Britain?

Princess Anne for clothes advice. Sorry, no great taste there. Sophie looks good sometimes and dreadful other times. Yes, they need a guide and, you are right, not their mother. Their hats are atrocious, but don't go to Camilla for advice either. Or for that matter Sophie. The flying saucers are awful and Camilla's over sized hats make her look like a mushroom with feathers. Most look the same. Run to a lady with style. Lady Helen Windsor or the Duchess of Gloucester or her daughter. Or Princess Michael and her daughter. Those are ladies who can dress.

I think Princess Anne has worn some lovely clothes. Her wedding dress imo was the most appropriate and looked wonderful on her. In my opinion she looked much nicer that Diana or Fergie. The dress she wore to Prince Charles wedding(I think) yellow and white (she wore it again recently) was very flattering. Some of the horsie outfits aren't too good I admit

Sandra

I think she's a lovely girl as she is, but she does tend to have a Queen Mum style sensibility. More tailoring and less floaty filmy clothig would be perfect. Her makeup and hair look find for her age.

Last edited:
Maybe Clinton and Stacy would like to fly over to the UK for an intervention?

1. Stand up straight. No more slouching. It does you and your dress no favours
2. Try to focus in the general direction of the cameras. The droopy eyed thing just makes you look drunk/stoned.

Of course if the press takes 3,000 pictures and deliberately chooses the least flattering, you're pretty much sunk. Just ask Mom.

I would first suggest to her to quit the plunging necklines. On a big event, fine. But not on every night out.

Then I would suggest to not follow the trend with the flowy and wide clothes. Beatrice is a healty sized girl. Maybe (Probably) bigger than the average girl, but then you should wear clothes that hug your body more. The wide clothes can make you look pregnant very easily.

Third. Don't overdo it. For example; Recently she wore a blue, short dress, black panty hoses, 5 inch heels and a blue jacket. Wrong, it's all a bit too much.

Fourth. Ditch your mum's clothing advise Beatrice (assuming as Sarah likes to pretend she is their age and they basically do everything together, she is also giving her clothing advise), it does you no good.

Beatrice should go for the preppy chick look.

If I were giving Princess Beatrice any advise it would be: Talk to her cousin Zara, she seems to have a great fashion sense. She has come into her own and usually looks great, very appropriate for the occasion. I would also suggest that she quit with all the tight clothes. Her dresses should be longer, no tight waists, quit showing so much clevage. She is young and should be hip but she must also realize that she will always be photographed and should dress accordingly. I also agree that she should quit trying to follow her mums advise. I liked Fergie but never thought she had much fashion sense.

Then I would suggest to not follow the trend with the flowy and wide clothes. Beatrice is a healty sized girl. Maybe (Probably) bigger than the average girl, but then you should wear clothes that hug your body more. The wide clothes can make you look pregnant very easily.

I would also suggest that she quit with all the tight clothes. Her dresses should be longer, no tight waists, quit showing so much clevage.

This is why I'd hate to be a princess looking for fashion advice!

I'm not saying either of you is right or wrong, but I find it funny how one of you says to "wear clothes that hug your body more" and the other one says "quit with all the tight clothes"!

I guess everyone has a different sense of style. :)

I'm not saying either of you is right or wrong, but I find it funny how one of you says to "wear clothes that hug your body more" and the other one says "quit with all the tight clothes"!

That is why it is so much fun to have an opinion, everyones is different. I just wish she would get some professional advice, she is a pretty girl who has the means to seek that advice, I think it would serve her well. Unfortunetly, she will be judged all her life because of her title, I would just like to see her look her best.:flowers:

Every fashion adviser would suggest for a girl who has more curves to wear clothes to hug your body more.
I think a lot of bigger girls make the mistake that wide clothes will make you look slimmer. Well, that's not true. It makes you look more plump, sometimes even pregnant, un-groomed and messy. With the right colors, form and pattern (vertical stripes for example) it makes every curvy woman look great.

I have a female friend (she's Italian with lovely olive skin tone) who has rather a curvy figure and she asked me to go shopping with her to help choose a dress for a wedding she was going to. Her boyfriend had gone with her the day before and picked out a slinky white dress with huge split at the side, whcih she didn't like! So we went to Monsoon and she tried all their dresses on. Of course there were many styles, designs, colours and shapes etc and I was amazed at how some looked OK on her yet others looked dreadful! Eventually, after a couple of hours, she tried on a black, 3/4 length A-line skirted sleevless dress with colourful silk flower embroidery and it looked absolutely amazing on her. So she at last found the shape and fit that looked best on her. On someone else, it might have looked awful! Anyway, the moral of the story so to speak is that rather than slavishly follow all the up-to-the minute fashions and styles no matter what they are (and always look great on a six-foot tall, ultra slim model), Beatrice should find style, shape, colours etc that really bring out the best in her looks.

Curvy ladies (like me!) can look good in clothing that skims the body, but it has to fit really well--not tight and not loose. I like tailored clothes for that reason: lots of princess seams (no pun intended:D) and darts.

:previous: I can't say I'm particularly curvy, but that fashion advice definitely makes sense. I wouldn't call Beatrice fat, but she is a little on the heavy side, and loose fitting clothes do tend to make people look larger...but on the other hand, tight clothes emphasize curves that maybe shouldn't be emphasized. Beatrice seems to be following your advice about well-fitted clothes in the latest set of pictures that were just posted, and I think she looks nice. :)

Wear what you love and love what you wear. Don't be shy to wear different articles of clothing a second time.

Don't wear things that wear you.

Don't only choose clothes you like, choose what you like and what suits you!

^ All three of you are right, Agogo, Lumutqueen and Dierna23.;) I would tell her to wear brighter colours - I have the impression that most of the times I see this girl in black or dark blue - and to show her gorgeous legs more from now on!:)

Have fun with your clothes now that you can, try and experiment; although not on official events of course. :p

Princess Anne dresses very tastefully. The two young Princesses are just that - young. I can't remember anyone complaining when the late Princess of Wales showed cleavage. I think everyone is being terribly hard on on B and E.

I rather think some people tend to get terribly sensitive concerning their fashion. ;) If you say that you don't like their fashion and style, it doesn't mean that you don't like them.

I, for one, don't think that Princess Anne dresses tastefully (again, that doesn't mean I wouldn't like Anne herself).

I tend to like The Princess Royal's taste, as I am a bit tweedy myself.

Princess Anne dresses very tastefully. The two young Princesses are just that - young. I can't remember anyone complaining when the late Princess of Wales showed cleavage. I think everyone is being terribly hard on on B and E.

I think right after Diana was engaged to Charles there was a formal occasion where the dress she wore made jaws drop to the floor. She was stunning. Anne dresses simply but tastefully I think. And the Queen ... wow. her styles in the pastels lately have simply made her glow.

Beatrice and Eugenie I think are obviously being dressed by folks that think what they should look like and it calls attention to the designer or the hat makers. What their real tastes are in private are their own.

Stop wearing contrasting separates that cut you in two. Try toning colours. And well done for losing a bit of weight; you look lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom